Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Datalore (Isley Verd)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
DEFENDER CLASS PROTOTYPE

Matsu had been curious more so when she got the request for a meeting from the CIS of all places. Seemed the auction of datacrons had sparked interest and thankfully well... Datacrons were easier to make then holocrons, easier to copy and mass produce compared to many. She had gotten contacted about selling and or trading datacrons from her private collection and the offers were too good to pass up. Sitting in the cockpit of the Defender she moved her handas holding one up as the pack of datacrons from her library were with her. "This is Matsu Ike for [member="Isley Verd"], I am responding to your message about datacrons."

The most recent of auctions had laid out a wide variety of datacrons and other valuables that had piqued the interest of the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd. However, as opposed to following the herd and bidding egregious sums of valuables against others just as interested as he...he decided to cut out the competition and go straight for the source. By his estimation, datacrons were resources that could be replicated much easier than Holocrons; thereby making it plausible for multiples of those placed up for auction to exist. As such, he had invited the auctioneer to visit him in the orbit of Druckenwell, where his single Espada-class Stealth Transport began the process of "docking" with her Defender-class Prototype. Whilst this went on, Isley returned the transmission, keeping his dialogue brief and to the point.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice." he began, lowering his head in greeting. "At auction, you put up a variety of goods that piqued my interest. These were: the Fallanasi Datacron, the Dathomirian Datacron, the Disciples Datacron, and the Sigil of Hope. I can only hope and assume that you have multiples of these items, so today I come with the offer of a singular deal."

"For the Datacrons, I propose an even trade: Datacron for Datacron. For the Fallanasi Datacron, I offer one possessing teaching in Alter Environment; gleaned from recorded sessions of Sar Agorn's Holocron. For the Dathomirian Datacron, I offer one possessing teaching in Sever Force; gleaned from the Holocron of Darth Kaiser. Lastly, for the Disciples Datacron, I offer one possessing information and teachings on the subject of Sith Alchemy; gleaned from my own personal experience and tutelage under a master alchemist."

"And on another note, I offer a suit of Songsteel Armor, one of the Heartstone Amulets wrought from the fabled healing crystals of fire, and a personal favor from yours truly in exchange for a Sigil of Hope. Do you find these agreeable to make a transaction?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Isley Verd"]

Datacrons for datacrons huh? That wasn't such a bad thing and him speaking of some just told her where some of the stolen items had went to. The healing crystals that had disappeared and the Sar Agon holocron were no longer in the jedi temple and it didn't sound like he had taken them which was a good thing. Matsu checked her bag of datacrons and gave a nod to herself before realizing the man could not see it and stod up. Digging through and collecting them. The sigils of hope were not infinite they were rare but luckily or sadly the padawan's who had helped make them.... disappeared leaving behind several. To keep from from falling into the wrong hands Matsu had gathered them and secured them with the taozin flesh bracelets to hide their signatures from others. She held up the necklace letting the cool metalic piece rest between her fingers. Along the side was the small note of it belonging to Lorna while the one that had went to auction belonged to Isis Fontana.

"That is acceptable. The sigils are not easy to come by and while it might sound capitalist of me to say I am glad you see the value of it." Matsu walked and balanced the three datacrons in one hand letting the force sort them around while she got a small case of lacquered wood emblazoned with the symbol of the Consortium. A small trinket she had gotten several of on one trip to Hapes. Then she was at the airlock where the ships were docked and standing in her ivory white kimono, wooden geta and hair taid up by zenji needles allowing her to show only some skin while the tightly wrapped outfit showed off her lightsaber. In plain view but when the doors opened she gave a smile. "Welcome to the Harlequin."

Likewise, for that benefit of the customer, the Mandalorian returned the gesture afforded to him by [member="Matsu Ike"]. In plain view of the terminal, he held up the three datacrons in question, in addition to standing aside so that she might see the Songsteel armor that was practically on display. Furthermore, within his offhand, he held up a single, Heartstone Amulet and then rendered a polite nod to the camera before ending the transmission. With the assistance of a single, unremarkable labor droid, Isley then made the trip to the airlock of his vessel and promptly admitted himself within the Harlequin. Upon arrival, he was greeted by the warm smile of the Jedi Master; and from behind his helm of beskar, the Mandalorian beamed all the same.

"I sincerely hope that this is not the final time that a Jedi can do friendly business with a Templar. That said, here are your items, as per the agreement." he said as his voice issued forth with the metallic edge that came from speaking with a helmet on. From there, he motioned for the labor droid to step forward, who promptly wheeled in the Songsteel armor. Isley then placed the datacrons and amulet into one of the droid's compartments and ordered it to step forward. This was also a gift, because what the kark was he going to do with an extra droid lying around? With his payment now in Matsu's possession, he reached calmly forward for the box that the woman bore in her grasp. Taking it into his palms, the Mandalorian stepped back and rendered a polite bow.

"Once more, it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you." he said, before turning on his heel and returning to his vessel.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head to him and looked at the armor on display. Songsteel was something she had enjoyed and was glad to depart with the datacrons she had. As the mandalorian left with his items and she had her the jedi master agreed. Hopefully this wouldn't be the last time they could do friendly trades and well she could make sure to make replacement copies for her library in her room on the ship. Letting her hands hold the heartstone in her hand the idea of cutting up one of the healing crystals for a moment appaled to her but she slid it into a display case of her room. Then the armor as it was set in a transparasteel case near her bed. She might not wear it just yet but always good to have something. Matsu spoke while she had the astromech droid begin to take them away from the area. "Thank you and enjoy your knowledge. Do look for our next auction. Actually wait."

Matsu went to the controls and grabbed a few things mainly her datapad of inventory. She had been copying datacrons for years and after the Fall of Coruscant was glad to have done it. "I have more inventory, stuff that would be going up later from my collection and that I have compiled. If you want to see it I wouldn't be opposed. The datacrons can be replaced and this lets you get what you want."

[member="Isley Verd"]

The Great Jedi Auction

Lot A: Collected works of Councilor Yaddle (teaches the basics of Morichro)
Lot B: Collected works of the Order of Shasa (teaches the Progenitor's call a technique that strengthened the one using it)
Lot C: Walking with Ysanna (Learning the secret to projectile guidance)
Lot D: Galactic Botany (details the Murakami Orchid incidents and project Blackwing)
Lot E: Abridged history of the Sith empire from Adas to Vulcanis (abridged history of the lord of the sith and their empires rise and falls) Contains all 32 vulumes, maps of the valley of the dark lords and recovered lists of collected items
Lot F: Mysteries of of the Kooroo (collected notes and incidents of the ancient cult with known sites of their alters and rituals)
Lot G: Pair of lightsaber batons
Lot H: Alas Poor Sulamar (Details the life and times of Sulamar)
Lot I: Datacron of Mundi (basic's of electric judgement)
Lot J: Cutie Honey (The collected letters and poems of Je'gan to Tahira Solo)
Lot K: Anya's datacron (basic's of phase and stories of the Dark Lady
)
Lot L: Dust in the Wind (The basic's of force scattering)
Lot M: Mind Walking (collected works of the Mind Walkers teaching Force Sustenance)
Lot N: The Noble Neti (Accounts of Neti's beams of light and lesson's on Plant Surge)
Lot O: Aurora (The basic's of Rainbow Storm)
Lot P: Collected works of Samuro (His life and death from the Perspective of Mace Windu, teches the Words of Banishment)
Lot Q: Miniature Muntuur Stones
Lot R: Crystal and Edge: Lightsaber Construction and Philosophy (a copied text on how to build lightsabers and their meaning. Great for fledgling force groups or beginners)
Lot S: Lectures on the Nature of the Force (Collected writing of Ood Bnar on the basic's of the force Great for fledgling force groups or beginners)
Lot T: Zeison Shal discblade
Lot U: Case of arsensalts
Lot V: Jal Shey datacron (Armor, equipment and philosophies of the group
Lot W: A mental maze
Lot X: A datacron of Bastila Shan (the inner workings of battle meditation)
Lot Y: Mace Windu's datacron (the principles of vaapad)
Lot Z: The collected volumes of Sar Agorn with comparison's and commentary from Tionne Volume 1-42, contains research notes from Tionne as well as maps, dig notes and logs of what was recovered

Additional inventory was quite literally the icing on the cake. Upon entering his ship once more, the Mandalorian's hazing projection manifested itself upon the terminal located within Matsu's vessel. From there, a contemplative expression was veiled from view by the helmet of beskar. Isley folded his arms about his chest and thought for a moment before saying: "By all means, I would be most interested in hearing or seeing what other inventory you have. At present, what I have to offer is relatively simple. In my possession are three Sith scrolls. I can make a copy of each for you. In addition, I can provide you with the results of the collaborative efforts of the Black Sun Syndicate and the Confederacy's only joint project: creating cloaking devices out of Adegan crystals. Lastly, I can offer you a recently decommissioned Grievous-class Star Destroyer. Do these sound reasonable offers for any of your additional stock?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Isley Verd"]

They did, oh they more then did sound reasonable as the jedi master sent over the list. There was plenty an she could always get more. That he had collectables like sith scrolls and the data on cloaking devices. "I am sending the list of what I have prepared for the next auction. There are more with information about the mysteries of the force." She kept a grin on her face while walking and focusing on her shelf. "Yes there is more then enough there for such equipment."

Once the data was transmitted, the Mandalorian reviewed the list of the next auction's goods with immense intrigue. There was some seriously potent stuff there, but he had to narrow it down to things he could use...and more importantly, back up in order to prevent the unthinkable. As such, he settled on three particular datacrons that stuck out to him and then said: "The Jedi must be fortunate to have one as yourself, making sure the archives are backed up...That said, three datacrons have piqued my interest. One revolves around Galactic Lore. One around Samuro. And the last about Jal Shey. I'd like those three; and if you agree that my offer is agreeable, you can simply load up the droid I left you with the datacrons and I will transfer you electronically the copies of the scrolls, the data, and the location to pick up your Grievous."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Isley Verd"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head to that. it was agreeable and she smirked. "It is, I will load the droid with the datacrons and await the transfer." The thought about backing up the archives was true, compared to most well except Phylis she had taken the time to make sure she had a majority of information without actually loading sections of the archives. It is why the ships were quite nice and with storage she could keep vast amounts of information. "THank you for the compliment as well." Matsu moved going to her shelf and the crate where the datacrons were as she took them out after checking they had the information. Phase was something few in the galaxy could master in a lifetime... not to say it didn't intrigue her.

Once the second deal was struck, the Mandalorian's fingers flew upon the terminal and furious typing ensued. The first order of business was accessing the files in question regarding the Adegan project. As the Jedi were apart of an allied nation, using politican credibility to share this information was not difficult. A few keystrokes later and the first file was sent to Matsu's ship. Next, the Mandalorian cleared the decommissioned Grievous, whose fate was death by training exercise, to be donated to the Jedi Order instead; under the direct pick up and command of Matsu Ike. Lastly, he pulled up the personal, backed up copies of his scrolls and transferred them as well. When it was all said and done, Isley gave the woman a respectful mod and opened the airlock to receive his incoming droid. "The data has been transferred, as have coordinates for the Grievous-class. Go to Druckenwell Shipyards and they will turn it over to you, fully staffed by droids."

[member="Matsu Ike"].

Matsu looked at the data as it came in and she started the transfer. To datacrons for her collection and spoke while she thumbed on of the cubes in her hands. "The aura of uneasiness is an ancient sith spell, lets see what we can do with it later. That star destroyer could come in handy if augmented properly. Maybe have a larger library." matsu slid a datapad from the side and sat there witha grin on her face adding the new inventory to what was on her collection. Over all as she started to head towards the location for the ship the jedi master was more then glad with the transactions. Even better, Alli Wren was nearby and with a new ship she might just need her friend to see about upgrading it for personal use and to store all of her stuff.

Datacron "Aura of Uneasiness Scroll": Contains the technique for the spell Aura of Uneasiness. {Must be one of the 3% of Force Users who is capable of utilizing Sith Magic. Knight/Master prerequisite}
Datacron "Knotters of Entrails" Scroll: Contains an advanced technique for creating Sithspawn.
Datacron "Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut Scroll": A copy of the original, copper scroll. Contains a Sith spell for re animating the dead. (Requires master sorcerer)
Datacron "The collaborative efforts of the Black Sun Syndicate and the Confederacy's only joint project: creating cloaking devices out of Adegan crystal"

Grievous Class Star Destroyer

Once the droid was loaded up with Matsu's datacrons, it made the return voyage through the airlocks and back into the confines of the Mandalorian's ship. From there, he finalized the transmission with yet another respectful nod and saying: "If ever you wish to do business again or have new stock to share, please let me know. I transferred means to contact me in addition to the files. Thank you again Master Jedi, and may the Force be with you." With that said, the docking concluded and the vessel began to go on it's way. However, Isley was sure that this would not be the last time that he and the female Jedi saw one another.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"May the force be with you." Matsu could admit she would be contacting him again, what he had was valuable information and she had a collection that could only grow and grow. She didn't know what would come of it in the end, she might end up like the private collector auctioning off valuables or things. Or maybe she'd retire with Hanna to Spira to spend the rest of their lives in luxury and with busty servants while they ate grapes ocean side or made love under the moonlight. That Hapen spoiled her more then she could admit.

After weeks of silence on the part of the Jedi, with the exception of a confirmation message regarding the Grievous, a new transmission was received. It contained a preview of what was to hit the famed auction houses next and afforded the Mandalorian an opportunity to conduct business a touch earlier than the rest of the Galaxy. As such, he eagerly browsed the listing of items whilst making the trip to the appointed meeting place once more. His vessel slid out of hyperspace and came to a halt where it once was weeks prior, and the Mandalorian opened a transmission again.

"Greetings Master Jedi, I do hope you've been doing well. I wish to thank you for this advanced catalog you provided me and would like to extend to you my offer for a selection of items. What appealed to me the most were:
  • The Datacron Compendium labeled "Great Holocron"
  • Electrum Necklace w/Vial of Water from Valley of the Jedi
  • "Tactus Odium" Datacron
  • "Malacia Technique" Datacron
  • "Neutral Storm" Datacron
For these, I would like to offer:
If you find these to be an acceptable payment, I will have them shipped to your location of choice at once. My droid is at the airlock."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Isley Verd"]

Matsu looked at the message and gave a nod of her head to that. This was quite a wonderful thing as she looked to what was coming and gave a small breath. Their advanced catalog was something made from older texts the jedi mad collected and Matsu spending her time in the library had the opportunity to read with care. Now she was moving and setting the course to meet the man as they could bargain again for stuff. It was of little matter though while she held several of the synthetic crystals they were developing for the silver jedi's. "Greetings Isley Verd your offer is more then generous and I would be happy to."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

With an expression of elation veiled behind his beskar helm, the Mandalorian then clasped his hands together. "Excellent, as before I will have these goods ferried to the location of your choosing. Always a pleasure conducting business with you, Master Jedi." he said. Then, as head been the procedure before, the droid waiting at Matsu's airlock was received, loaded up, and returned to it's master. With this spot of business concluded, 'twas only a matter of receiving the next advance listing to bring about their next meeting.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head to that and sent it as needed. She would have to work to find what would be a good set for the next listing, maybe work with some of the other jedi to expand their reach. One could always find others to train and help in exchange for services and she had some new ones to try out. Namely from what Isley had traded her already and what she had been working to learn. "As always when I have more it will come to you."

As promised, when more came, word was sent. Weeks had passed since the last transmission, but this time the content was one that almost caused the Mandalorian's eyes to pop out in surprise. After hosting an auction, [member="Matsu Ike"] had come into possession of some very valuable artifacts...and many of them were copiable. As such, Isley received notification and an opportunity to once again conduct business with the Jedi Master. Upon arriving at the appointed place, the exchange began anew. "Greetings Master Ike, I hope things have been going splendid for you. I hear you have come upon two Datacrons recently; one revolving around successfully creating force-sensitive clones, and the other regarding Transfer Essence. For these, I would like to offer a Datacron containing the procedures utilized by the Yuuzhan Vong shapers and Kaminoan Clone Masters to create the Dread Guard, and a Datacron cataloging the effects of Spirit Ichor upon Sith Alchemy. What do you say? Is this suffiecient a deal?"

[member="Isley Verd"]

Matsu listened to that and... well she had been having some success compared to others. Where the other jedi in the library like Phylis preferred to stay and have their books without doing anything using their time she enjoyed going out and getting new information. New experiences and above all new stuff the councilor who never seemed to leave might find useful. It was also why she had gladly come back here to make exchanges of knowledge and information, to give stuff she had copies of for copies from another collectors collection. The bids were public knowledge so anyone and everyone could know what she had gotten at auction. The real trick she had learned was how to use it and while her head came up from the datapad she was working on. It was well worth it. "Ah Mister Isley. "Then she was listening and gave a nod of her head to that while he listed off what was in her catalog. "I see news spreads fast and there is no concern with what you offer. Same as before, I am happy to share with our templar cousins"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom