Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Venefica For Lord [Promotion Vote]

Well, I think its pretty self explanatory. Here is a link to [member="Darth Venefica"] 's thread tracker. She is entirely committed to the progression of the One Sith and has been an invaluable member of this community, assisting in multiple avenues, most importantly posting in a majority of the faction threads. I ask that those who believe Venefica is not ready for being a Lord, please provide constructive criticism so that she might improve and work towards the Rank.

Otherwise, I leave it to all those currently master rank to vote Yay or Nay for Darth Venefica.

I, of course, vote yes.

I am undecided. As she got promoted after Manaan to knight. While I don't care about time and how long she has been one. She could have been nominated a week after making knight I would still ask the same thing.

What makes you believe you're ready?

[member="Darth Praelior"]

I've worked hard to help the OS in Dominions and have shown that I'm active in not just helping the OS...but others (Acolytes) in training classes and took on three apprentices before the training program was ship shaped by yours truly.

I watched her grow and she did grow through the Dominions more than anywhere else (since most of the people she tried to RP with either abandoned her for RL or simply stop participating. And I feel its not my responsibility to prod them). Everything she has achieved she done alone...without a Master. I know [member="Matsu Xiangu"] was busy and I don't hold nothing against her, ever.

In the beginning she was reckless...headstrong...and set her mind to kill anything. Now, she has matured. She is patient. Complete control of her emotions and powers. And does not kill needlessly unless the situation demands it. She is aware of her responsibilities and doe not abuse them. She, in my honest opinion, has proven to be a great military strategist (Dominions) and has shown good leadership skills (Took a rag tag of Sith Acolyte misfits (when no one else wanted them) to the door step of the Great Tree during the Kashyyyk Invasion, i.e.) and confronted a Jedi Master alone...and survived. She even learned from that experience.

Whenever a call to arms or anything by the OS arose, she always volunteered no matter how difficult the challenge for her. Especially with the Dominions....everywhere you look minus maybe 2 of them you will see her name appearing....she put the needs of the OS before her own. She/I could have simply ignored all the Dominions and let others do it..but nope...there she was in the middle of it all...and she is not even designed to be a warrior.

It's a yup from me.

Mostly due to the activity and hardwork she's put in, and the post above.

I will not that it may be a no from the people up top. They denied me at first because it had hardly been three months, among other reasons.

But I still think [member="Darth Venefica"] has earned it.

I am on the fence as to whether I should vote yes or no, but I will go with yes due to the responsibility shown by the writer as well as the development of the character. However, I'd like to see that as both a writer and character she go into more public(open) threads where there is a greater amount of exposure to the general community of Chaos as well as greater risks taken in development. While I am aware she is not the typical saber duelist, I believe everyone should still be exposed to situations where their character is at a stark disadvantage or faces a loss they cannot avoid without mind over matter. Invasions, dominions, and private threads help with development and such, but I believe she as both a writer and a character can benefit from either starting her own public threads or joining others (even if they aren't ever "completed", just for the sake of having the experience).

As a writer I think she is perfectly capable of understanding the limits of being a master and possesses the same restraint one should show in having such a title, and as a character I believe she's shown plenty of development and even assisted others in developing their own characters through a Master-Apprentice style training - something I've never been able to actually manage with the schedule I have, so I appreciate the effort and dedication to helping those who aren't yet capable of truly making it on their own. I'd still like to see her face something that is seriously difficult both as a writer and a character, a challenge of some sort in development, but that happens throughout time and exposure to others - it can't be forced.

So I will vote yes, on the stipulation she try to move a bit out of her comfort zone to expose her character to the wilds of the public threads and event threads (which are going on now).

Edit: As a writer I think she has a far better potential than I do, if she isn't a better writer already, so that may have impacted my decision.

I've only been here for a bit, but my vote is a yes. When I first joined the OS, I literally thought [member="Darth Venefica"] was the owner, due to the amount of work she had put in. Once I realized she was only a Knight, I was shocked. From my understanding, she has contributed more to this fac than most Lords have. Her responsibility is demonstrated through the fact she is a Codex Judge, among other things. This pretty seems like a "duh, of course" question to me, as I have no doubt in my mind that the answer is yes. However, I'm just an apprentice, who cares about my 2 cents, right?

@Vi'kas Mirtis

I appreciate your comment. It's always good to get the view of those who are new to the faction. However, your vote will not be counted as you are not a Lord... Yet. Thank you for taking to the time to express your opinion :)

Silara said:
I'd still like to see her face something that is seriously difficult both as a writer and a character, a challenge of some sort in development

I agree with that statement or comment. I feel its too soon for this Promotion to Sithlord. Without ^^ ( Above) I feel like there a little puzzle piece gone and artist love to see the whole picture complete and perfected. As a writer I wanna see you become versed in all types of threads specifically the ones that challenge you as a writer and character.

"There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them, But they are there for a reason." - Paulo Coelho

My vote is No

[member="Darth Venefica"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom