Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Ophidia Feedback

Eight years, wow. Congrats, that's commendable. I'm relatively new to the site, so I shall keep this short and to the point, since there're others who undoubtedly have more insight than me.

I have not yet had a chance to write with you directly, and yet a lot of what my character does and how he lives his life is influenced by the legacy you have established, directly affecting his backstory. And I know he's not the only one to benefit from her shenanigans. All in all, I would say your character has provided a wonderful platform for people who are interested in exploring less conventional themes amongst the Sith. And for that I am personally grateful.

I personally enjoy your posts a lot, and very much look forward to see what's next for the Queen of Shadows.

My lil' apprentice all grown up.

Forever ago, though. I like to go around saying Ophidia was the best apprentice I'd ever had on my Sith, but that was never what she was. She's one of the best Sith on the site, period. And the times I was around to write with her were some of the best and most privilege times for me to. She's a horror show. From the first day she'd come in as a Sith with no past, purposefully hiding it, and that set the tone for her going forward.

I got to watch her become the Sith she'd eventually end up as. A terror of the night, the spooky ghost story parents would tell their kids. An enigma with only a name. Since the day she killed that king she's been a galaxy wide threat. She took up the Assassins, made them her own in such a better way. I wasn't around for her death, but I was around for her eventual revival. It was fun, believable. Terrifying, like she'd always been.

And now she's one of the leaders of the Sith Order. It had always been the Assassins goal to ensure the Sith survived, no matter what might threaten them, and now she's taken the final step to ensuring that herself. It's been an awesome read.

I'm incredibly new to this site so you can take my words with as little or large value as you desire, though I think considering what I'll say, you should eer on the larger side.

I can honestly say that I do not believe that Malum would be the character he has thus far developed, without roleplaying with you. My first-ever thread on Chaos was one with you, and I think in that thread, I found Malum in such a way that I could have never found him, I was able to truly feel how he was feeling, express how he was feeling, all due to how your roleplay encouraged me to go. In that thread, though Malum got absolutely annihilated (indeed he rightfully did not score a single hit on her), I never felt like I was being pushed to the ground, instead, every post was just encouragement to go further, go higher, to never give up, and I think that's a rare and amazing thing to accomplish.

And I do find it odd to judge a character, and then talk about another character, but I think honestly how a character is able to influence and impact the characters around them to be the most fundamental measure of success.

I do not think Malum would be who he is as a character if he was not an apprentice to Darth Ophidia, and I really hope we can continue to write together, and maybe have Malum make even a fraction of the impact that she has made on him!

In my threads with you on a few characters, i've always felt she was unnerving in a good way. You were never sure where you are with her, and if anything my assassins try to emulate that feeling in their posts.

The other impression I get from her is that she's behind the scenes not directly in front of them, and you've played that role brilliantly. You never overplayed your hand with her from the threads i've seen.

So Kudos and I hope you enjoy writing her for many threads to come.

We only had one brief encounter. You probably don't remember me, but I certainly remember lol. It was pretty chilling what you did to those NPCs. Pretty epic.

Maybe we'll run into each other here soon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom