Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dark Wave Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Capable of being placed in large scale projectors to activate a dark sphere within a certain radius (up to 10km)
STRENGTHS
  • Capable of producing a large radius of darkness around the projecting device
WEAKNESSES
  • Electromagnetic scramblers are capable of causing tears within the field to bring in light within that tear
  • Ultraviolet/Infrared vision can still see within the field
  • Sensors are still usable against the field
  • Can blind allies and friendly forces
  • Straining this core can cause a massive EMP explosion
  • EMP devices can disrupt the core to be useless
  • This is a component, and without an output device this core does nothing
DESCRIPTION
Becoming infatuated with the Kerestian's use of their Darksticks which utilized a light absorbing webbing to produce total darkness around the wielder, he felt inclined to produce a much larger scaled version of this technology. Clustering the cells that made the webbing to form a core, a copper housing was placed around the core with copper coils extending to wrap around large iron rods that would then be placed in a multitude of devices such as projectors. This core is stable for the most part, and acts pretty much the same as the regular cells but on a large scale. Testing resulted in small to medium sized fields being produced within a 10 kilometer radius. Understand, however, this was with an output device as this core is simply a component, or catalyst. Without any output device, this is just a ball of blackness housed in iron and copper.

Most starship sensors were more than capable of penetrating the dark field, and the ultraviolet and infrared vision could still see easily within it. There was, however the fall back that those who were not prepared for the field to be activated to be caught off guard and blinded. A sort of non lethal friendly fire in a sense. The core was taken out in the middle of nowhere in space to be strained to the max, finding out that anything above 10km was too much strain for the core, and caused a massive EMP explosion. All devices were no longer of any use, and the core total useless. This core is best used on capital starships, space stations and planetary surfaces. The core itself is as big as wookie's palm, with the housing in and iron rods, the core becomes as big as a standard crate.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

Hey there. Only a few obvious issues with this one.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Capable of being placed in large scale projectors to activate a
To activate a...? I'm assuming a sphere of darkness, but we all know what assumptions make. Please finish this section here.
Testing resulted in small to medium sized fields being produced within a 10 kilometer radius.
Please reference this in the strengths so people can easily reference how sizable the AoE is.
The core itself is as big as wookie's palm, with the housing in and iron rods, the core becomes as big as a standard crate.
Not sure I am comfortable approving a device this small and portable that can affect 10km. Either scale the affect down, or scale the device's size up accordingly, please.

Please tag me when you've amended and I'll give it another pass.

Runi Verin Runi Verin

I guess i need to add that this thing by itself is capable of making 10km but without an output, this device does nothing. Is this a good enough weakness to keep it as is? Specifically the housing need to be placed in something like a reactor, or some kind of projector to get any effect what so ever, this core sort of the catalyst, or like....idk, it works in the same sense that a bullet does...a bullet needs a gun to fire it, this core needs something to produce any form of darkness. The 10km is simply the most this core can put out without being strained.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

The 10km radius will still need to be referenced, as will the fact that this is merely a component and requires a suitable housing to be used. At the moment it reads that you could potentially cover a 10km radius on a battle field with nothing more than an easily portable trunk suitcase.

Tag me when you've made the changes.

Runi Verin Runi Verin

Added this to the description:

Understand, however, this was with an output device as this core is simply a component, or catalyst. Without any output device, this is just a ball of blackness housed in iron and copper.

Does this need to be added as a weakness? I assumed no as this just a component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom