Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Side of the Moon

The blaster bolts from the droids above continued to strike far too close for comfort. The next few struck the wall above, and to the side of Raejar’s head. It was only due to the fact that a majority of them were focused on the saber wielder that kept Raejar safe. Raising his fingers to his lips again Raejar released another sharp, high-pitched whistle that echoed off the wall. All around him it was like the entire area was illuminated due to the echolocation. Using this he raised the BRP pistol and let lose three rounds at one of the droids above. The BRP had been based off verpine tech, except it focused more on power than being silent. So, when Raejar pulled the trigger each shot went off with a raucous thoom. Suffice to say each one packed a punch with each round punching a fist-sized hole in the torso of the droid that tumbled over the railing to smash into the ground not too far in front of Raejar and Sky.

“A woman who is neither a Sith nor Jedi, is an artificer, and is on the most wanted list of the Silver Jedi. Now being hunted by ancient droids. What a life you lead, I would almost be jealous if I didn’t think your lifestyle would end up with me in an early grave.” Raejar said firing two more shots that impacted another droid causing it to stumble back but not yet fall. “You know, I’d ask you on a date but I fear that we’d just end up in a similar situation.”

Raejar had a knack for talking and joking when he was nervous, though his face was completely stoic. His eyes focused on where the droids were. The floor above was too high for him to reach off a jump alone, and finding the stairs in the dark would be just as difficult. Rushing forward at a full sprint to the wall right beneath the floor Raejar was no longer a target. “Sky, come get a boost!” Cupping his hands and kneeling Raejar hoped she’d get the general gist of the plan. Raejar was far stronger than he appeared, capable of easily lifting three and a half times his own weight with no trouble, and he still had room to grow. Sky didn’t look that heavy either, he’d be able to toss the woman right up to the next floor into the fray of the droids.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
"hm hm hmmmm, hm hm hmmm" She twriled her saber staff around her having a good time while hitting the droids blaster bolts back at them, though not hitting them them very effectively more distracting and drawing their fire while [member="Raejar"] took pot shots at them from a distance. She was impressed with his use of a high powered blaster as well as what she assumed to be echo location or something similar that was unique to his race.

"Yer my life's had a few close call, change that too many close calls" it seemed where ever she when things would happen resulting in her fighting or getting in trouble "Perhaps for all you know i might be a killer in the bed, that what would probably get you an early grave, if you dated me, not lived my life style, hehehe" She deflected another set of shots from herself wondering how she'd be able to properly get rid of the droids above. That question was answered when [member="Raejar"] yelled out to her cupping his hand, "oh what fun".

She sprinted forward placing on foot on his cupped hands before being thrown up in the air, much higher then she initially though as she also used the force. She dropped her glow stick where the droids where illuminating them as she dropped down and started slicing them apart using her Ataru form to create a purple blur of motion. After 5 seconds all the droids fell apart, the cauterized slices in them showing how she had cut them all in several places. "thanks for that".

Looking up as he tossed Sky’ito into the air Raejar was able to watch her soar as though a bird of prey. He watched every move she made, from the dropping of the glowstick to the way she danced around between the droids. The hum of her saber slicing through the metal torsos, dismembering limbs, and the pleas of mercy from some of the droids came from above bringing a smile to Raejar’s lips. This was someone he could actually get behind and work with. She was far more skilled with a lightsaber than he was as Raejar hadn’t even truly wanted to pick up one yet. He saw himself as still having far too much to learn.

The joking nature of Sky and Raejar went well together which he noticed after her absence, and once he heard silence Raejar nodded his head moving from the safety of the corner to look up to the next floor. “You know what you’re right. If you’re anywhere as good in bed as you are at dismantling droids I may actually be in trouble.” Raejar called up to her, looking around for his own way up. It would be troublesome to take the stairs and possibly end up encountering more droids. Looking over to the desecrated body of the one he killed earlier Raejar moved its crippled body to act akin to a ramp. Taking off at a full sprint his legs pumping Raejar braced himself, with a small push off from the ground he landed on the droids’ corpse, he could feel all the muscles in his legs tensing as he kicked off the droids back. Mahanaim
were capable of running up to 37 mph, faster than even a human at their peak. Suffice to say their leg muscles were developed and Raejar jumped high enough to where his outstretched hands clung onto the railing and he was able to pull himself up.

“No problem, I had a great view from beneath
you. Raejar said chuckling and crouching down near the droids. Turning one of the heads over Raejar examined it. “Clone Wars droids… They must have activated upon sensing intruders. I doubt if this is all of them either.” Jacking the datapad into the back of the droids’ head Raejar went through the process of downloading a map from the droid. “Droids of this era were notorious for running off massive control systems. However, as a backup they also have built in systems so they can operate independently.”

After a few seconds, there was a faint beeping from the datapad as Raejar got them a map. “First things first, let’s get the power back on." Nodding his head Raejar motioned for Sky to take the lead. She was the one with the lightsabers.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

After dismembering the droids she layed down and peered over the edge at [member="Raejar"], she had certainly jumped fairly high, his species was very strong for there size, interesting. "don't tempt me, I might just decide to show you after this little adventure, i bet you'd be pretty good with that strength of yours, I'm willing to be you have the stamina to back it up as well".

She watch on with interest and he gathered some droid remains together, she was about to ask the what he was going for with the remain, but before she could utter a word she sprinted and leapt a surprisingly good height almost reaching the top before grasping hold of a loose railing and puling himself up to the top.

He hadn't noticed yet but she was still lying down (like one of those french girls) with a smile on her face,. "Ive heard of that ever since on of the control ships was destroyed at, i think Naboo, they made those backups so it never happened again, I'm surprised their still active, perhaps the lack of elements in the temple and the fact they where deactivated kept them in this condition".

She looked over at the nearest droids from what she knew they looked like B1s and B2, 'I hope we don't run into any destroyer's, there shields will be a pain to get past'. She grinned even wider when she noticed him, "paint me like one of your Twi'lek girls", messing around like this wasn't something she did often so she was going to make the best of it, "power control it is then" She picked up the glow stick and took the lead.

After walking a bit further "do you think their programed to shoot at Sith, i red up about them and it fairly easy to confuse B1s, and i have a Sith saber, sooooo I was thinking...." She ended the sentence deliberately, just in-case soothing went bad she didn't want to be blamed for it.

Raejar had been so focused working on the droid at first that he hadn’t noticed Sky laying on the ground though as he cast a quick look over his shoulder he was welcomed to the sight. One that while she was wearing a suit still showed off her womanly figure. Whistling, Raejar smiled. “You haven’t even bought me dinner first and you’re jumping straight to the action… My type of lady.” Raejar was glad he had taken to programming and tinkering with droids in his free time. Without that knowledge, the two would possibly be completely lost or forced to give up on the mission due to lacking a map of the temple.

“That is exactly why they did it, plus it's far cheaper, in the long run, to program each droid to operate independently than spending vast amounts of credits on a control station that can be destroyed by any sufficiently trained fighter squadron.”Raejar actually found the droids interesting but there was no time to examine the archaic systems.

As they began walking Raejar tapped away at the datapad looking for the fastest route to the control room, to find that they would have to go another three floors up, at least this time he knew where the stairs were. “Don’t worry,
its not your fault. They were not programmed to fire at Sith, and considering a majority of the people who fought with the CIS used red sabers I doubt they’d be programmed for such a thing. I think they were set up here to keep anyone that they couldn’t identify out. Since its been a few centuries since they were possibly sent here I’m guessing that we’re the first people they’ve encountered. They were probably able to get off a warning too.”

Looking up from the datapad, Raejar offered a light smile. “So, I guess painting you will have to wait till we’re done here.” Once they started walking again Raejar kept his ears open for the sounds of any other droids, but the first two floors there were none. “Question, is there some specific artifact that you’re looking for here or are you just as lost as I am?”

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

As they continued further int the temple she took the lead keeping one end of her saber staff ignited as a source of light compared to the glow stick, she listened to [member="Raejar"] explanation keeping to herself for the moment as she was staying alert for any more droids that would attack them, having a repeated of what happened last might not end so well is they continued their banter so much, though it was fun, she couldn't remember the last time she had so much fun, beside the time she got drunk somewhere on one of the core worlds, she didn't really remember.

"do you have much skill in drawing" she asked more as a joke then an actual question, the mood slightly changed when he asked about any specific artifact she was searching for. "Not really, most of the time its ancient text, technology and possible force infused items, a few times i managed to get a hold of bot Jedi and Sith holocrons, but those i turned over to the Jedi and did not contain much useful information only really history that most people already know. being that this temple has such little information on it as well as the fact it was used during the clone wars I'm not sure what we will find, but i have a pretty good idea that what ever it is it will be valuable.

She turned her attention back in front of her in preparation for an eventual attack, "how close are we to the power generator or whatever it was that powered this facility". What ever this place used as a power source would bound to be big.

Holocrons, now those were something Raejar wouldn’t mind discovering, who knew what knowledge some of them could hold. Possibly even a way for him to decipher why he was affected by the Darkside the way he was. Or the special ability that allowed him to feed on the negative emotions of others around him. Many would crave the power but Raejar knew the truth, for one who did not delight in the pain and suffering of others, who did not bask themselves in the ever flowing river of hate that other Sith did that the ability was more of a curse. It haunted you with negative thoughts, taunted you and would attempt to force you to commit deeds you never would’ve thought of regularly. “I’m sure you would’ve still been able to pawn them off for a pretty penny to anyone else besides the Jedi. Do they even pay well for such things?”

Looking down to the datapad and back up and past Sky, Raejar slightly frowned. He could hear the sound of metallic clanks
againstthedurasteel floor. “It’s one last flight of stairs up, but I think we have a bit of company.” As they walked through a hall shrouded in darkness what had once been the faint clanking turned into a multitude of clangs as the red photoreceptors of droids rounded a corner. This time there were six of them their blasters raising, except right now they were in a hall with nowhere to hide. “You blocked the shots of ten earlier, don’t fail me now.Raejar said to sky as he dropped the clip out his BRP pistol and loaded another one in. With a click the magazine slid home and Raejar opened up on the first droid. The sounds of four shots echoed off the walls as the lead droid was mowed down, sparks flew from its torso and it collapsed to the ground twitching.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"It might be my main source of income but I'm not about to just pawn if off to someone i don't know, it depends on what it is, holocrons that don't have much value to me i give to the Jedi, though that is not really an opinion. Some rare stuff i take back to Dantoinee to give to my father who makes copies and sell them, other stuff, like force infused items i use myself or sell for money". Walking a bit further she too heard to sound of droids, the echoing more louder as they came to a flight of stairs.

Once the red photo receptors came on she ignited both sides of her saber staff, twirling it around a bit getting into a ready stance, "keeping them from hitting myself will be fine, keeping them from hitting you will be a bit harder, why dont you lie down beneath me legs, that should give you okay cover". The droids started opening fire, she started spinning her staff around in a circular motion deflecting the bolts to the side and back, more concentrating on defense, 'gotta but more time into learning Soresu, I don't usually get into blaster fights with droids". She slowly started to walk forwards, making sure to keep the blaster fire from hitting @Raejar.

The blasterbolts let loose by the droids painted the entirety of the hall red, the colors clashing with the blue of Sky’s lightsaber as she spun her double-bladed saber deflecting the bolts into the ceiling or the ground away from herself. Raejar simply stood behind the woman crouched slightly due to their height difference so she would be the one doing the deflecting. The droids knew when they saw a sure thing and weren’t about to break position when they could just as easily mow the two down from their safe corner. “You’d just love for me to get beneath your legs wouldn’t you?” Raejar said chuckling as sweat built up on his brow. The heat that was being dispersed from the blasterbolts had significantly warmed the hall and the smell of burnt ozone singed his nose hairs.

Reaching to his belt Raejar pulled out a thermal detonator pressing the red button in and holding it. The explosive soon started to emit a sharp beeping that grew more insistent as time went on. Taking a step back Raejar tossed the grenade over Sky in an arc where it clanged against the floor before bouncing towards the droids. Grabbing Sky by the back of her suit Raejar would pull her backwards
out of the range of the explosive. The hall erupted into a ball of flame, the explosion shook their surroundings knocked Raejar to the ground where he’d pull Sky too as a wave of flame would shoot past them across the ceiling.

When he raised his head Raejar was welcomed to the sight of a droid parts scattered across the floor, some with dark scorch marks and others completely melted due to how close to the explosion they had been. “Well… the way is clear.” Standing and dusting some soot and sweat off himself, Raejar would offer his hand to Sky. “Come lets activate the power and claim our prize so we can get off this force forsaken world.”

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She continued to deflect bolts for a short period focusing on covering [member="Raejar"] them herself, she wondered why he didn't carry a saber, though that mucht be because he was never taught how to use, build or never given one. She listens to the comment he made and smirked "technically you stared it, so I'm gong to accuse you of being just as eager to get between my leg given the chance". The heat from the hallway was starting to increae, one thing her suit was not really ment for, hot weather, as a result she started to sweat that combined with the increasing blaster fire.

She heard the distinct sound of a thermal detornator beeping behind her, "wait I'm not sure that's a good ide..." she didn't finished the sentence as Raejar pulled back on her suit lancing both of them only just out of the blast range. The explosion shook the hallway throwing dust everywhere, as it cleaned she noticed Raejar had fallen on top of her during the blast, he got up easily not really taking into account where his hand was just touching. 'He didn't do that on purpose did he'?she though to herself as she accepted his hand to help her up.

She too dusted off herself, also noticing a few scorch marks on her shoulders, 'must have missed a few shots, Lyn's gonna be pissed, I've only had this for a month'. The continued closer to the power source in quiet so she piped up about what he did back at the blast, "hey when you fell on me after the blast did you touch my boob on prupose"?

(Anime cliches, you made a mistake falling over near an anime avatar)

“Don’t worry, I’m sure it won’t take too much to repair your suit. Worst that can happen is that you just need to replace a sleeve. Would you rather her kill you or not have the suit and the droids kill you?” Raejar asked curious on what Sky had to say about that. Whoever this woman was who had made the suit obviously put a lot of effort into crafting it. “You can’t tell me you don’t have spares on your ship or at home?”

As they continued their walk Raejar took the silence between them as a time to self-reflect on what they were truly doing there. This could all be a wild goose chase and they’d gain nothing but a few wounds and a bunch of scrap parts from droids. Neither of which was truly valuable to Raejar. If he wanted droid parts he’d hang around a droid junkyard and use what he found there. Though he found the silence being broken with Sky asking a question he’d not been expecting.

“Wha-, what in the world are you talking about?” Raejar asked raising an eyebrow and thinking back to how he’d pulled Sky down to save her from the explosion… Then what he remembered was a soft sensation in the palm of his hand. “Oh… No I did not mean to do that. But now thinking back, that suit can be quite deceiving.” Raejar didn’t know if she’d pick up on his words but he at least hope she realized it hadn’t been on purpose.

As they climbed the last few stairs that carried them into the control room, they were still bathed in darkness but Raejar could see enough to move over to the console. Tapping at the partially dead display he growled. “Damn… It’s fried.” Getting to his knees and prying off the panel Raejar crawled beneath the control panel and began tinkering with the wires and after a few sparks not only was the room they were in brought to life but the entire facility. The control panel came to life and the displays flashed with life.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

The way that [member="Raejar"] stuttered when she posed the question was amusing, "you know when you pulled me to the floor". She watched him think back on the event, grinning slightly as he seemly remembered what he had done. "Deceiving hu, alright i forgive you, fro now" she milled over what he meant by that as they continued towards the control room in their attempt to restore power to the facility.

She looked around the room as Raejar fiddled with some controls and wringing under a terminal, judging by said terminals and other consul around she concluded they where in one of the communication relays the CIS installed at the temples during the clone wars. Suddenly the power came back on after Raejar finished what ever he was doing in that hole, the terminals and communication relays came back to life, though she suspected they wouldn't be much use due to the decommission of the droid army, though she could be wrong.

She was still thinking about what he said about her suit being deceiving, for some reason his comment stuck with her, then she got an idea that for some reason made her angry. "Wait what do you mean by deceiving!?, are my breasts not big enough for you to know if your grabbing them or not"? She was unintentionally grabbing onto them showing him that they did indeed exist, to her, the suit didn't seem to impair the feeling, true it was amour weaved but still felt like normal clothing, "just because I wear a suit doesn't mean I'm not a woman".

As he began to tap away at the control panel Raejar looked over his shoulder as Sky began to go on a rampage about her breasts. It actually made Raejar chuckle, not because she was angry but because she had taken what he said in the wrong way. “I think you’re confused, I meant it the complete opposite way. They’re fine.” Continuing to tap at the screen Raejar brought up a data log. “This should keep a manifest of everything about this temple during the CIS occupation.” Reading through the list what had been a hopeful expression suddenly began to grow sour to complete disappointment.

While the facility had once been used by the CIS, was a known Sith temple and even had probably once held secrets they’d been swept away by Tyrannus. Growling Raejar slammed a fist on the panel. “Blast, they took it all. This was all for nothing! There is nothing in this damn temple. It was taken long ago.” Looking to Sky and shaking his head, Raejar put his hands on his hips. “I came all this way to search for answers, crossed the galaxy itself in search of what
could’ve been answers and found nothing!”

“Did you know about this? Did you know or even have the vaguest inclination that this place would’ve been useless to us?” Raejar asked Sky. He could feel the rage within himself bubbling, wanting to break the surface, to be let free in
aviscious scream but he held back. Raejar knew all too well the damage he could cause. Taking in a deep breath Raejar centered himself. “I am sorry but there is nothing for either of us unless you want to take the information in the console and pawn it off.”

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

The way he chuckled at her comment confused her briefly before he properly explained what he meant, “ummmm okay, sorry for over reacting, I don’t know what came over me”. ‘Dammit why am I not myself today’ gotta calm down’, she slowly started some mediative breathing exercises, focusing more of the light side of the force, taking use of the current calmest to look over her action during the past few minutes, why was she flirting with this man, she had never done anything like that before. Her thought process was interrupted by [member="Raejar"] sudden outburst, and subsequent punching of the terminal he was looking through. She was a bit surprised to see him act like this, sure he used the dark side but the outburst seemed a bit over top, this got her wondering ‘just how long has he been on this journey of his’?. She felt a little bit intimidated at this violent display.

“No I came here in search of anything useful regardless of what it was, even basic history of the past is something I look for, just calm down okay, dont let it get to you”. For some reason, she put on a kind smile, that was rare, as she wasn’t usually like this, walking over to the terminal she downloaded what information she could find on the clone wars, her father would have use for it. Looking back at Raejar she felt sorry for him, he was born in the darkness without a choice and wanted answers, but not being very successful in obtaining any judging by his reaction.

She sighed a came up behind him hesitating before giving him a hug, “I don’t know entirely how you feel, but I still know what’s it’s like to be frustrated after searching from something and coming to a dead end. Even if you didn’t find what your looking for you can’t view this trip as a failure, 'defeat is only temporary, giving up is permanent', don't give up or get so angry with yourself”. Letting go of him she came around to his front looking him in his face with her pure blue eyes, “I’ll be willing to help you on your adventure if you would have me, we are both searching for answer about the darkside and I get along much better with you than a most others. It would be beneficial for both of use in the long run, beside your….. interesting to me”. That last comment made her feel strange and caused her to blush a bit, she didn’t have feeling for him, did she?

Feeling the embrace from behind Raejar stopped slightly confused on why the woman who was still a relative unknown to him had deemed it necessary to hug him. It wasn’t an act he was used to outside of his adoptive guardian. Raejar hadn’t truly felt a hug as a child and that was something most children craved. To not receive it played on the inner most fears of every child, the fear of being hated or a disappointment to their parents. Raejar had been both wrapped into one package. He was basically a magnet for it. Listening to what Sky said the Mahanaim nodded his head hearing what she was saying but she didn’t realize how paramount the information he sought was to his well-being or possible future. It was easier to agree than complain. Unable to say anything due to the anger that still threatened to break free Raejar stayed silent.

When Sky circled around to look the man in the eyes he saw the genuine emotions behind them. The way she acted and carried herself. His people were incredibly skilled at noticing things about people from just their outward appearance and demeanor. Listening he could even hear her heartbeat. She was being honest. Reaching up and setting a hand on her head Raejar gave what could be considered a ghost of a smile. “I thank you for that, I truly do but the adventure ends here for now. It will be back to hunting and running bounties till more information such as what led me here comes up. However, if you wish to follow me on a few
of those its fine.” Turning and beginning to exit the room hands shoved in his pockets Raejar would look over his shoulder. He wasn’t the best with emotions, heck in truth the boy felt nothing but pain, anger, and fear a majority of the time. The others were simply a cover. “I guess I find you interesting too.” Leaving Sky with that Raejar would move to leave the facility wondering if she’d take up his offer to run a few bounties.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

The way that Raejar looked at here felt like she was being examined, her core feeling being draw out by the man like he was examining her true intention towards him. She had nothing to hide and let him fell what though were running through her head.
It seemed to work well as he places his hand on her head, putting on a slight smile before thanking her, in his own way. “It’s nothing, done mention it”, it had been a while since she had used her, calming, wise side, the last time that she used it was during the hunt for a beast on a backwater planet and had to reassure a Jedi Padawan that the Sith runaway that had joined them on the expedition wasn’t going to turn around and kill them at some random point.

She stood facing the way she was as [member="Raejar"] walked out of the room, feeling a slight warm fuzzing feeling at him mentioning being interested as well, causing her to place a hand on her chest. Standing there she pondered her next move, would she join him? Her lift had been eventful but also stressful resulting in other being the target of her anger, if she was Sith some else that could issue could be resolved

Even though they both had their problems with the dark side if one started to come to influenced by it they would be there for each other. The way she described it in her head sounded strange, but inviting, “Wait hold up”. She ran out of the room after him coming to a walk at his side, “I’ve decided I will join you, if one of us should falter the other should be there to help them up, besides bounty hunting sounds like a good change for the time being".

She gave a warm smile before briskly walking ahead a bit staying two meter in front of [member="Raejar"], just in case some more droids showed up, but for now it seemed that this adventure was coming to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom