Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Dark Jedi Looking For A Faction

I've tried this a few times, succeeded a little, but found myself incapable in the past due to personal issues. I know at least one other really wants to see this as a thing, a Dark Jedi oriented faction.

Some ideas that come to mind:

Dark Jedi Clans
Private Military lead by Dark Jedi
Dark Jedi Dukes/Duchess

and then some....

In the end we all know for the most part Dark Jedi are independent and normally work alone. They're desire and pursuit for power in the Force is small compared to Sith. They range from evil for the sake of chaos to chaotic neutral for the sake of personal reasons. And there's plenty in the middle of all that as far as characters go.
SO! If you want a Dark Jedi faction, speak up, and lets make it happen! If you have an idea, speak up! Lets make it happen! :)

Best course of action for making a Dark Jedi faction, is to make an idea that would be easy for most "Self centered" dark jedi to get behind. The Jedi are all about "Peace and defense of innocents." while the Sith are about Personal, and Military power or gaining a power base according to their religion. To combat that, you will probably want something to be easy to reason any Dark Jedi would join for, and then provide a progression for which this idea would continue to keep them in the loop.

Ala, A Jedi is looking to protect many people, so they go out into harms way, A Sith strives for power and chains to be broken, so make the feel like they are getting more powerful kind of deal.

While I am currently not in the Dark Jedi Muse, I commend you for attempting this and wish you the best of luck.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

Two main problems with DJ groups tend to arise: A overabundance of diversity, and a lack of centralization.

Consider that Sith and Jedi are defined by what amounts to religious tenets, they might disagree among themselves as to what they really mean but they share a strong centralized idea, and as diverse as they are you can generally understand they will be one of a few archetypes within that group.

Aka, manipulator Sith, Battlehungry warlords, sage Jedi, Crusading jedi, etc. they share similar central beliefs but are diverse more in how they act on them.

Dark Jedi is, really not that. Simce DJ just kinda encapsulates "any not sith darksider" there's legitimately no central ideas they share, and can be whatever the writer wants. Power hungry tyrant? Gentle spoken but ambitious scholar? A "hero" who does what they believe no onr else has the guts to do? As long as they aren't a sith, and primarily use the dark side, those all define as DJ. Despite sharing no central identity nor any kind of link.

That said, darksiders do tend to share a few traits to varying degrees. Ambition, for one, and more intense passions and emotions. So there are a couple of paths I could see working for a group, which center mostly around those more intense passions.

1. A group that finds themselves lost in the galaxy. To survive they band together, out of fear of jedi/sith and their grand armies of followers, and find they are able to achieve more of their ambitious goals and stave off what they fear together. In this case the link keepijg everyone together is their fear of mutual destruction, founded or not, if they leave the group.

2. Attachments. Darksiders have a habit of, lets say acting out irrationally, which certainly gets them isolated from society. A bunch of misfits that end up together and grow close because of their shared status of social outcast would be way less likely to separate, and would want to find more people to share time with. social creatures hate being alone after all.

Personally i find those ideas to be the most interresting, and something to consider. Hope you can make something work! I'd love to see a nice and healthy dark jedi faction on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom