Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Winnik

Name: Daniel Winnik
Faction: New Jedi Order
Species: Ruusanian (near-Human)
Height: 1.85 m
Weight: 81 kg
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Tanned
Force Sensitive: Yes

Appearance: Fairly tall, has the typical Ruusanian tanned complexion. Usually has a scruffy beard as he hates shaving. Growing up on a farm and his time in the Republic military has given him a decent physique. However, he is lean as opposed to a powerhouse.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+He has basic training training as well as field experience with the Republic Army.
+Focuses on keeping it simple and doing it right the first time.
+Determined to help bring The One Sith down.
+/-Blunt, simple and straight to the point.
-Doesn't have the years of preparatory training Younglings receive.
-Not sure about Jedi philosophy or being a 'Space Wizard'.

Biography: *Holotape activates* My name is Daniel Winnik. I was born on the planet Ruusan in 813 ABY. I suppose you might know Ruusan; we had a battle there, once. Well, that's about as exciting as history gets there.

My parents were Anders and Jenni, farmers. My older sister is Kara, she married a farmer. My younger brother is Pete and I suppose he's gonna be taking over the farm. Well, now that I left.

Most there are happy with life. You plant, you harvest according to the season. Life is simple. Not easy, sometimes the harvest isn't so good. But you know what to expect. Me? Planting potatoes and mucking out stalls wasn't my grand ambition.

I wanted to join the Army. You can imagine how well that went over. Farmers don't tend to have very good opinions of soldiers. When I was 19, I finally managed to sneak off to a recruiting centre. I signed the forms and got on the next transport off-world.

When I finally called my folks, well....*laughs*....Yeah, I don't think my drill sargent could curse like my old man can. When he calmed down enough to be coherent, I explained I couldn't just come home. They finally agreed. It was off to basic after that. We touched down and we weren't on Ruusan anymore!

It wasn't so bad, basic. I was used to getting up early and being cussed out anyway. The food was alright, not as good as my Mom's, but it wasn't posioned. I did well enough to only get administrative punishment once. My Pop, well, you learned to pay attention and do it right the first time 'round him.

After that, I was sent off to the 43rd Infantry Division, B company. I served about a year n' a half. We mostly dealt with smugglers and petty criminals. There was one time, though, we were sent after the Red Ravens.

We got a Jedi sent with us, that time. Didn't actually end up fighting 'em. The Jedi, Space Wizards...*chuckles*. Sure, they mean well but, y'know...Space Wizards. Glad to have 'em on our side, though.

From the get-go, she took a special interest in me. It put me off a bit, pretty as she was. She asked a lot of questions, but she disguised it like it was just small talk. I was nervous 'round her but I didn't wanna be rude. Then she told me I was like her, that I could touch the Force.

I told her she was crazy, but she proved me wrong. Touched my mind with the Force and I felt...something. She was dogged, wouldn't take no for an answer. If more troopers were half as dogged, we'd have pacified the galaxy years back. Anyway, I finally agreed when she told me how much more I could do for the Republic. A Jedi was as good as whole company, or even a regiment, that was known by every trooper.

So I was discharged and sent off to Ossus. I've been here for about 11 months now, just turned 23. They're training me to be a Space Wizard. I dunno about all of this Jedi Code stuff, I am just here to help beat the One Sith Empire.... *end holotape*

x6lais.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom