Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dancing with the enemy

Objective: Retrieve the datapad
Attire: Suit and disguise
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
4S5ImD3.png
"Welcome! if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask" the butler said at the front door before stepping out of the way for a younger individual "Thank you, buy yourself something nice" the almost unrecognisable Cartri said with a nod before passing him a few credits in appreciation. As long as he acted like an upper class snob he wouldn't be found out. It was not like anyone was going to see through his dyed hair or tanned skin anytime soon.

Walking inside, the ball seemed to be well underway. Old and young were dancing away on the dance floor without a care in the world, almost like they did on a daily basis to the less fortunate and overworked citizens. Most if not all attending benefitted from their thankless work, especially the man who was hosting the party. Jagen Telana was the name, and tonight he was going to find himself loose for change by the time this party had wrapped up.

Giving a few attendees a brief smile he managed to secretly snatch a glass of wine from one of the many servants handing out alcohol. For now, all he could do was wait for the right moment and act as if he belonged there.

Stars, these people had no grasp on life...

Corazona von Ascania was no longer a Princess. She wasn't even sure if she still belonged to the Noble House Ascania of Ukatis. Not after murdering her husband, the crown Prince of her homeworld. Father hadn't even visited her when she'd been thrown into the dungeons beneath the palace; his silence spoke volumes about her position within the family.

With all of the guilt and shame came an overflowing sense of freedom. Cora could not deny that freedom, especially as it lead her to Denon on the trail of Makko Vyres. Her ex-lover had been a slicer with the Fractal State before being inducted into the Jedi, and she had it on good authority that he'd returned to his old ways after her wedding.

"And so, my dear, I have holdings in both Larr Shipping & Transport and Stygian Corp…"

That was how Cora had found herself at a charity gala in one of the upper districts, pinning a pleasant, demure smile to her face while a man old enough to be her father attempted to bend her ear about his various investments. Ever the Lady, Cora had listened for the first few sentences but her attention quickly faded, feigning interest with her eyes and the occasional nod. There were whispers of a few upper-level Fractal State members in attendance. They were where her interests truly lived.

It had been nearly fifteen minutes of this. Her gaze wandered over the man's shoulder, then to the side where- oh. A young man in a suit who appeared roughly her age. Perfect.

"This chat has been lovely, Sir, but I'm afraid that I've been away from my date for far too long. He's the jealous sort, you see."

Batting her lashes, Cora turned in a whirl of iridescent fabric, and wrapped both hands around the arm of Cartri Keswoll.

"Play along, he won't leave me alone." She whispered lowly.

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

4S5ImD3.png
Just when he was going to take the first drink of his beverage an arm wrapped around his followed by the voice of a girl his age. Cartri was about to say his displeasure up until she asked him secretly to go along with it. Without a single expression to Cora, he looked to the older man and nodded briefly "I'm afraid she's right, I can't help but feel a bit restless when she's talking to other men" Cartri remarked to the upperclassmen with his usual strange accent.

"If you can excuse us..."

Turning slowly with Cora at his side he waited till they were out of earshot before he spoke "It appears you didn't like that man one bit, I hope he wasn't bothering you too much" Cartri asked at first as they walked to the direction of the balcony "I've come in place of my father a few times and trust me some of the older attendees could speak you to sleep" one of his backstories was that he had come in place for his wealthy father, the CEO of a shuttle making company on Denon. However, not to anyone's knowledge he had managed to hack into the host's network a few days ago to invite his forged identity to the guest list.

"May I ask your name? I don't believe I've seen you at this event before"

Without missing a beat, he played along. Cora chanced an apologetic smile to the conversation partner she'd just escaped from, throwing her "date" a thankful glance once they were out of earshot.

"Zana." She offered the faux name bestowed upon her by Hex Hex without missing a beat. Realizing that she'd been clinging onto his arm, Cora carefully unwrapped herself from the young man and smoothed down the pleats of her dress.

"Thank you for that." Her gratitude was in earnest, despite the furious flush of her cheeks. Cora may have been stripped of her titles, but it would be impossible to rid her entirely of an aristocratic upbringing. "You wouldn't believe how often men of a certain age feel entitled to my time."

Or maybe he would. She looked him over, noting the sharp suit and accessories he wore, as well as his relative youth.

"My mother is an art curator for one of the event's organizers."

Another lie, but one that flowed easily. Cora had studied art enough to be able to navigate a conversation confidently.

"Do you come to these events often…?”

4S5ImD3.png
"Zana, good to finally meet you" he said with a slight bow of his head and a friendly smile "The name is Jax and you don't have to thank me" the teen chuckled before looking at the view of the spacious back garden "You're not alone, women of a certain age do the same thing believe it or not. Mainly because they think I'm an easier target than my father to get a quick business deal" turning back to the girl, he lightly rolled his eyes "They are always proven wrong"

Cartri placed one hand in his pocket and nodded when she mentioned her mother was an art curator "Interesting profession, you'll have to show me what kind of art she deals with one of the days" Cartri had zero interest in art, but it was just a way of making him act like a snob.

"When my father can't be bothered. An event like this isn't too important, but it gives me experience for when I take over the company" he explained, his eyes glaring into hers curiously for a few seconds
"What are you here for? Are you simply a guest of the organizer or here for "business"

"I suspect that you are correct, Jax." Cora chuckled quietly. "It seems as though everyone is looking to make a deal. Perhaps, they think of us as easier targets because of our youth."

His question was anticipated, and Cora responded smoothly with an answer she'd selected before even setting foot on the gala's floor. "She specializes in Tatooine sand-casting and Farnican chime-painting."

A polite response for a polite inquiry. They were doing the same aristocratic dance nearly everyone here was doing.

"My mother is a good friend of Salazar Farosh." She waved a hand, of course her new friend would have heard of him. "He owns a tibana-mining company in the Outer Rim."

"However…"
Cora leaned in a bit closer, an attentive glint in her eyes. "I hear that there are several members of the Fractal State in attendance. Do you believe this to be true? If so, how exciting! And dangerous, of course."

4S5ImD3.png
"The elders think we are too young to think for ourselves. They just have that age ego where whatever they say is wise to the youth of today, instead, it's just a load of crap"

Taking a sip of the drink he still had in his hands, he nodded slowly to what the young girl had to say about herself "I know of Salazar Frosh, a good friend of my father actually" he replied back with not a single clue as to who this person was. As long as he kept his confidence, there was no way she was going to question it.

Seeing her lean closer slightly, Cartri looked into her eyes and smiled at the confirmation. He knew Jagen, the party host was one but he didn't know there were multiple "I do believe so, my father even told me to stay away from them due to how they do things" he explained as the guests inside began to gather around the stairwell for the grand speech.

"However, there is one person from that group who I'm interested in. Coincidentally, he's about to make a speech right now..." he mentioned, his hand extended out for her to take it "Care to join me? I may go for a walk as he gets everything off his chest. Jagen is infamous for making long and rousing speeches after all"

A bright, knowing smile curled her lips.

"I've heard the same. Interacting with them can be quite risky."

A risk she was willing to take. So long as it was measured, but part of her couldn't deny her curiosity over the types of people Makko used to associate with. Or still associated with, it seemed.

Jagen. She knew that name. He handled some of the financial aspects of Fractal State.

Cora slipped her hand into Jax's own as she nodded her agreement. "Certainly. I'm curious as to what a man in his position has to say."

There often wasn't much substance to be gleaned though such speeches. All pomp and bravado, staying well within the lines of what was expected.

Smiling pleasantly, she turned towards her date. "Are you originally from Denon, Jax?"

4S5ImD3.png
"My father has told me stories of their activities, most of them are not pretty" Cartri replied back as both of their hands interlocked and walked each other to the dancefloor. Coming up towards the back of the crowd, it appeared the man himself was about to make his grand entrance "You'll soon lose interest... I bet you ten credits it will be longer than thirty minutes of him talking crap about the less fortunate" to Cartri, that would be the easiest credits of his life.

"Born and bred here, I know this place like the back of my hand. As well as all the people who choose to make moves" he replied back with a small smile. Cartri was born far away from here and his strange accent proved that, however Denon to the ginger was more or less the home that presented itself to him.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMENNNNNN! YOUR HOST FOR THE EVENING! JAGEN TALENAAAAAA!!!"

At the top of the stairwell, a fine dressed man jumped out at the top and showed himself to the delight of the crowd. Waving gratefully, he skipped his way down and took the mic away from the announcer "Thank you very very much everyone! I hope you all have been getting your drinks in!" the host joked as he prepared to make his long winded speech.

Turning to his accomplice, he leaned forward and whispered into her ear "Shall we go have a walk? There's a particular place I wish to visit. You may come with me, but I fear it could get us both into trouble if you get what I mean..." he asked with a reassuring squeeze of her hand "You do not have to come, but it may provide you more insight than you think"

Last edited:
"Hmm," Cora murmured thoughtfully as she acquired a flute of champagne from one of the servers that drifted by. Jax was right. Their host for this evening was rather hammy, even from the beginning.

People seemed to prefer showmanship here. Or, at least they acted as though they did, given all of the pleasant cheering and clapping hands. On Ukatis, this would've been an obscenely gaudy display.

But this was Denon. Wealth spoke differently here. It was louder, flashier. She smiled from one corner of her mouth when Jax predicted that Jagen's speech would disavow the poor.

"…while making himself seem like he's a paragon of virtue." She nodded with a sip of her drink.

A blonde brow arched a she considered Jax's offer and the squeeze of her hand. Whatever could go wrong in the company of a young man she barely knew, away from the public and in a mysteriously remote location? Cora cast a glance at Jagen, who was busy shaking hands and extolling the virtues of…himself, probably.

She was here for information on the Fractal State, not to dally with a young man even if he was good cover. With another sip of bubbly, she peered up at her date through dark lashes and probed him a bit more.

"Oh? What sort of insight are you offering me?"

4S5ImD3.png
Cartri briefly looked around him before motioning for her to walk with him "You know how you keep mentioning the fractal state? Well those are the people who my father has tasked me to look into" the teen had initially lied at first, but he couldn't help but reveal more to help her bite "As you know already, our lovely host is one of them. I want to go somewhere that's close to him, somewhere where he's comfortable in hiding some of his secrets..."

When they walked out of the main dance hall and into the corridor Cartri kept his eyes open for any guards. They'd be more on watch as they got closer to the office, but for now, most of them seemed to be in the dance hall "Tell me, are you willing to help me find out the truth about those scumbags or are you going to run back to the dancefloor and tell everyone that a suspicious lad is looking to spoil the party?" Cartri asked as they slowly came to a halt, his eyes giving her a cold stare.

It was risky telling all this information to a girl he only just met. However, considering she was her age she may be daring and willing to find some dirt on the host of this god forsaken party. She either joined him or became a hostage, the choice was hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom