Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Dan Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
landscape-1499165989-dunkirk-fionn-whitehead.jpg

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Force Dead
  • Species: Human
  • Appearance: Human in very way, dan is unsure whether he belongs to any specific race of human. With his tan skin, blue eyes and dark brown hair. However due to his vong shaping to change to a super solider he is now 6'2". He stands above most people and still looks skinny.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Dan Tray
  • Loyalties: He once was loyal to the FE, however with their fall he instead decided to go into pirating with his first-wolves. They are now however joined The Family
  • Wealth: He is wealthy enough from the pirating he did after the fall of the FE, however he now only keeps enough to survive and gives the rest to The Family to use for other projects.
  • Notable Possessions: sk-ul-armor, wendigo-4d1, anubian-blasterstaff, first-wolves-armour, g-11-shield-gauntlet, t-7-vibro-brace, pr-20, werewolf-machine-gun, n-4-probe-droid, Virboblade
  • Skills: He has been trained in most weapon first by TAE trainers then again by FE trainers. However due to his vong shaping he is two times faster and stronger than any normal human. He is also force dead and as such most force powers don't affect him.
  • Personality: He is an extremist with a hatred of the force however this has been tempered by his work with The Family. He now instead only hates force users who aren't with him. He is a leader and likes leading from the front of his men. He as has a lust of revenge, should the Donna ever decide he should be let off his leash he will hunt a person to the end of the stars for doing something bad by him.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: werewolf-machine-gun
  • Combat Function: Dan prefers standing up front and taking his enemies on. However he also understands the need for secrecy. He leads his group of men into battle with their gear and armour. He will always try to attack first unless told otherwise as he has a extreme hatred for most people for no reason. He is Scrappy thus is very resourceful and good in a fight due to the Experiment due to the experiment with the Fel Empire he is now force dead he is also two times stronger and faster than normal humans. He often finds that blasters are his friends as he has defeated many opponents this way.
  • However he has no skills at piloting vehicles or star ships and often expects others to do it. He is shocking with any sniper rifle and often just refuses to use them so someone using a sniper could easily surprise him and take him down. He is very easy to manipulate and can be turned against his allies very easily especially if they are force users. He will still try to avoid hand to hand due to years of malnutrition and not being looked after. Due to his force dead nature beneficial force powers such as healing, battle meditation and the like will not affect him.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Dan was only a boy when his parents were killed by force users in some stupid war. Not longer after he took his revenge and has been on the run ever since, until he found a group that hated the force as much as he did. He still blames himself for his parents death and the fact that he can use the force he believes is a key factor.

Shortly after this Dan ran and got into very interesting gangs and groups. This gives him a indescribable need to kill people while also able to make fun of some of the worst names of gangs in the world. Because of his entanglements with the law he could never be a bounty hunter. That almost always meant his target would survive.

Getting into the Ancient Eye was the best thing that has ever happened. He has taken a particular interest in working with Thraixis among others. Now he has become a member of the Fel Empire and a vong shaping experiment. He is now a super soldier and leads a group of force hating, force dead killing machines called the first wolves however with the fall of it due to the emperor going missing and the grand moff being captured. Dan decided to leave.

He then pirated until he was contacted by The Family. He now runs the First Wolves for The Donna [member="Ahtemis"].

Hi there [member="Tom Taff"]

The following links are all closed market goods. Could you either provide evidence that you have the OP's consent to use the equipment either here or in a PM to me or edit them to something else, thanks!

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/129821-n-4-probe-droid/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/130285-pr-20/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/129491-t-7-vibro-brace/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/129492-g-11-shield-gauntlet/

Tom Taff said:
he is also 3x stronger than normal humans although even with this strength he will still try to avoid hand to hand due to years of malnutrition and not being looked after.
I find this statement a little confusing. If he is malnourished how is he 3x the strength of an average man? How does this effect his combat function?

Tom Taff said:
as you can see here http://starwarsrp.ne...orut/?p=1831081thischaracter currently runs the company as I write both Rex Taff and Tom Taff.

Great thanks.

Tom Taff said:
as for the malnourished he was originally before the experiments so he still avoids hand to hand at any cost even with his strength.

Right then I'm not sure if this character is well balanced enough for my liking if his only weakness is that he avoids a style of combat he's otherwise very good at. Could you please make a clearer list of relevant strengths and weaknesses for this evaluation? So far it looks to me like his strengths are:
  • 3x stronger than an average man
  • immune to Force attacks
  • Highly skilled in most weaponry
While his weaknesses are:

• Avoids hand to hand (but is still skilled at it because of his strength)
  • Isn't a pilot
I'm afraid that isn't a balanced submission at the current time. I'll ask that either those strengths are toned down or more applicable weaknesses are added

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Samka Derith"]

Added two more weaknesses
He is shocking with any sniper rifle and often just refuses to use them so someone using a sniper could easily surprise him and take him down.
He is very easy to manipulate and can be turned against his allies very easily especially if they are force users.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Looking over the submission again, I see he's also 3x the speed of the average man. I'm afraid I'm also going to ask that the speed and strength are toned down a bit, that's a huge advantage over most people that even FUs wouldn't be able to replicate. Combined with his immunity to the Force I still do not think this character is reasonably balanced. Could you tone down the strengths please?

[member="Tom Taff"]

Edit the skills section to reflect this since it still says he is 3x average. It also says he has been trained in every weapon but you have his lack of ability with a sniper rifle as a weakness.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Okay. This is still a very powerful character so there's one more thing I'd like to clear up. The Yuuzhan Vong were susceptible to some Force Based attacks, being Force Dead does not mean a total immunity from the Force. Is this what you had in mind? If so please edit to say something along the lines of "many Force powers don't effect him" rather than the blanket statement you have now.

Okay this is still a powerful character in combat but I feel it has been brought to reasonable levels for Star Wars.

Approved Pending Secondary

[member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Irajah Ven"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"]

[member="Tom Taff"]

I'd just like you to add into weaknesses that beneficial force powers (healing, battle meditation, etc) will also not affect him, due to the Force dead, just so it's spelled out there. Force dead is a double edged sword, so let's reflect that here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom