Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daddy's Not-So Little Girl

The palace gardens. Felicity had been spending a lot of time here. Too much, but she just could not wander around the palace anymore. At least out here she could see sky, even if she was being watched at every second of every day. Graxin would be back soon to take her away for training though. Mom already agreed to let her go, with a good bit of arguing she heard. Still, she had the final say. When Grax came, she'd be free.

The blonde pushed a stray curl out of her eyes. It was a windy day in the gardens. Over head, clouds were gathering and the scent of rain was already in the air. That was not enough to convince Felicity to go back inside. She was too stubborn. She'd probably just curl under a tree and read if it started raining. For now, she was at her favorite spot; a little clearing surrounded by hedges on all sides. In the center of the stone circle was a crumbling fountain and nestled between two cracked stone pillars was the stone bench that Felicity had settled in. She was staring to think the gardeners had simply forgotten about this part of the garden. It was tucked away, a little harder to find. Good for avoiding people. And there were so many people to be avoided now. Mothers handmaidens were at the top of that list. Always watching her, reporting everything she did to mom...

Felicity could hear one of them now, chatting to another female as they walked down the garden path. She stuck her nose further in her book, making a face. If she sat really, really still, they might not notice her. Or they would notice her and hang by so they could keep an eye on her in secret. Nobody could be trusted in this palace. Nobody was really her friend. Sure, they were nice to her, but they had to be. If they wanted to get close to her Mother, what better way than to go through her eldest daughter? It made her absolutely sick. She never needed to think about who was trying to use her when she was traveling with Owain...

Well, this would all be behind her when she joined the Jedi. Yes. Then she'd be free. She had to be. This was her last hope. She was going to suffocate if she had to stay here much longer.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter walked along the rooftops of the palace. They offered a great view, and as a Force user he didn't have to worry about falling. The blond renegade had come to Naboo to see his daughter, before she left to begin studying the ways of the Jedi. Keter wasn't exactly jumping for joy upon learning Felicity's decision, but it was her decision. He still wouldn't like it though. The Jedi were too hidebound to ever be a good fit for anyone in his family. But that was beside the point. His little princess would be leaving soon, and he wasn't going to let her slip away without seeing him. To be fair, he intended to visit her regularly during her training. If they Jedi had a problem with that, tough. They could take it up with someone who cared.

In any case, his limited snesing ability had meant he had to take more drastic measure to locate his daughter. Hence him scaling the palace like a thief and then observing all around. His cybernetic eyes scanned and searched the surroundings as he moved along the domed roofs of the buildings maybe up the jewel of Theed. All the damage had been swiftly repaired, and the whole city looked good as new. It was unbelievbale. Shaking his head, his red gaze swept over the gardens. There!

The blond grinned as he began to make his way down to the ground, hopping off the roof and grabbing a windowsill, swinigng himself down to another and then dropping onto a balcony. His leges bent to absorb the impact as he laughed slightly. He had been cooped up on Immeria for too long. He had missed the freedom to just run and explore and -

- and drive Feena and Percy absolutely livid with his casual disregard for safety. He would get quite a tlaking to from his wife, he knew, but he hardly cared, hopping over the railing to land in the gardens. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he began striding to where he knew his duaghter was. "Oh Princess!" he called to her, smiling broadly at seeing his firstborn.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

The girl had been sitting for some time, her legs pulled up to her chest on the bench. Quite unladylike. Mom would be angry if she saw. She'd complain that while she was wearing a dress, she needed to sit properly, back straight, knees together, ankles tucked neatly under. Mom wasn't here.
"Oh Princess!"
...But dad was. Felicity lowered her book, blinked twice before jumping to her feet.

"Daddy!"
She dropped the book on the bench, snatched up her green skirt and ran to him, throwing her arms around her fathers neck. She'd missed him. He spent so much time back home on Imerria, so far away. He looked old. That was the first thing she noticed. The second thing she noticed was that she was almost as tall as him now. When did that happen? Had she always been this tall?

"I missed you so much. When did you arrive? How's Celeste and everyone? Hows Uncle B?"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"Uff!" the blond managed to exclaim as his daughter nearly tackled him. He laughed as he hugged her back. "Good to see you too Felicity," he replied. Huh, she'd really grown. Guess he couldn't kiss the top of her head anymore. That somehow sobered him for a moment. A clear sign of the little girl growing up. So much had changed about her so quickly. "And I arrived just this morning," he answered, releasing her. "Everyone is fine. Celeste is looking forward to moving here soon - she can't wait to be closer to her mother. She's been quite jealous you've been getting all her attention," he continued, speaking in a stage whisper as if trading secrets. The girl would probably think he was embarassing her again, but that's what parents were for.

"Barnabus is the same as always, though he's had to go off and find that damn nephew of his," Keter chuckled, shaking his head. "He keeps muttering how it reminds him of the old days and picking me up after one of my adventures."

Celeste was jealous. Somehow, that gave her more glee than she'd felt in days. She was always the one so jealous of her younger sister. Her much prettier, talented, brilliant, sweet sister. Why did the youngest daughter get everything good? But here, now, for once, Felicity was the shining star. She was the one that mom had chosen to bring to Naboo. And now, here she was about to receive proper training from the Jedi. When she saw her next, Felicity was going to tell her all about it, just to see the look on her face.

Felicity's arms went loose as soon as Uncle B's nephew was brought up. Her cheeks burned, her heart raced.
"Owain- I mean... H-he hasn't returned to Imerria yet?"
She was trying very hard to sound indifferent about it, but she was sure her father could guess what she felt. She stepped away from him, retreating back to sink down on the bench again. Where was he? He was okay, right? Now she was worried. He'd message her if he was in danger, right? He wasn't stupid enough to go get himself killed. That stupid crow. If anything happened to him, she'd find a way to bring him back, just so she could kill him herself for making her worry.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
The blond easily caught his daughter's shift in mood. He didn't need his eyes showing him her pulse to figure out that much. Hmm, so his little Princess had a...a 'thing' for Barnabus' nephew? It made sense on some level - he was the only boy her age she had spoken to in an informal way. Though Keter had always figured she would crush on someone in school. He was sure she would have found someone fitting her tastes there. Or maybe she was too young to have tastes yet? Urgh...this was difficult. So Keter did what he always did - stirke at the heart of the matter.

"No, he's not. Why? Worried about him?" he bluntly asked.

...And her dad just shot an arrow straight through the heart of the matter. The teenager flinched.

"No," she answered quickly, "Not worried. It's just.... polite concern."

It was pretty much the exact same thing, but it sounded less awkward to call it concern. Sounded proper. She cleared her throat, hoping to change the subject now to anything else.

"S-so, have you been to see mom? She missed you."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Oh yeah, he knew all about that excuse. Keter couldn't help but grin at his daughter's attempts to change the subject. He could mine Barnabus for information later - he could afford to indulge her now. Before she left. "Ah of course.That's nice of you," he said before moving on. "And no actually. Wanted to see my little girl before she left for the big bad Jedi temple," he laughed. "Got everything you'd need already packed?" he asked the tall girl. She really was growing into her looks. He was going to have to learn some new intimidation tricks at this rate.

Good. He dropped it. Felicity smiled a little awkwardly, looking down at her feet with a shake of her head.

"No. Grax says I won't need anything, so I didn't pack anything. He says the Jedi learn to live without comforts. Guess that means I'm leaving the credit card behind this time."

She shrugged. Honestly, she wasn't too worried about it. How hard could it even be? So she wouldn't have her favorite shoes, or her best dress. So she wouldn't have any of her books, or her data pad. So she'd be a little lonely for a while with no contact with anyone. She could totally manage, right?

"I'll have to borrow a lightsaber too, I think. Until I can make my own. Grax already gave me a crystal when he came to visit me last! It's so pretty. Can you believe it, daddy? A lightsaber! Everyone from school won't even believe it."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter sighed. "No comforts? Seriously? That's a load of -" he stopped himself some swearing in front of his little girl, looking at her a little guiltily before chuckling. "Well, he can't stop you form taking your pad. You need that for simple things like keeping track of lessons and appointments, and to access the holonet to aid your research, no?" the blond offered. Felicity was his daughter - she would find loopholes and exploit them shamelessly.

He tilted his head to the side. "A lightsaber? Oh of course!" he said, smacking his fist against his open palm and reaching for his belt. "Well in that case, here," he said, unclipping one of his sabers, flipping it in his hand and offering it to Felicity safe side first. It was one of his simpler blades, medium reach, single blade. No bells or whistles. "It should do until you craft your own masterpiece," Keter added.

"I... A-are you serious!?"

Felicity tilted her head to the side, a perfect mimic of the way her father did that. He couldn't be serious. Mother would never allow it. But... how could she stop it? She couldn't. It was too late for that. She touched the worn handle of the heavy lightsaber, testing the feel of it. Too big for her small hands, but she could manage. This was her first time actually holding one.

"Thanks dad," she said quietly with a smile, "I'll take good care of it. Err... may I?"

She stood up, holding it awkwardly in two hands, finger on the switch. She just had to see it. What color was it? Ooo, she bet it was red! Wouldn't that make a statement. Would definitely make her stand out from the rest. Or maybe something more traditional like a blue or green? A little dull, but it would work well enough. Or something a bit more exotic. Yellow? Orange? White would be neat. White sabers were so pretty.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"Of course," he said, stepping back a few paces to put himself out of range. Just in case. "It's designed to be a heavy one handed blade - bit more robust than the fine little things you'll be wielding, but my sabers tend to get roughed up a lot," he explained. "Still, remember that it never hurts to familiarize yourself with as many different sabers as possible - you never know when you may have to improvise," the blond advised his daughter.

"That's the one I used during my time at the Jedi Temple. They tend to get nervous around the color red for some reason," Keter shrugged. He had brought the green saber since most people tended to associate the red sabers with kill-crazy Sith. And his wife would have his head if he started another panic. His collection actually contained a lot of various colored blades, either taken as trophies or outright stolen from careless previous owners. Maybe he could take up saber design as a hobby? He had once experimented with a magnetic field to suspend several sabre staffs, but could never find a way to make it portable without interfering with the plasma containment of the lightsabers themselves.

"Well, when the time comes to get your own, give me a call. We can go hunting for a crystal just right for you," he offered with a smile. A trip with his daughter would be nice. "Actually, have you thought what forms you'll be studying?"

A flick of the finger and the brilliant green blade sprung to life. Not her favorite color by any means, but it didn't matter. This was her first lightsaber. It was special. This moment was special. She stared at the bright green, grinning. She could not wait until she could swing this thing around. And if she found that maid again...
She flicked the switch and the blade disappeared again.

"I haven't thought about at all," she admitted, "I don't really know the first thing about this, to be honest. It's all going to be so new."

She was nervous now. What if she didn't catch on quickly enough? What if she was really, really bad? What if she let everyone down? What if by the time they got to the temple, Graxin decided she wasn't worth training? What if he sent her back home?

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
He smiled a the sight of his little girl with her lightsaber. "It suits you," he said, before realizing he needed clarification. "The saber, not the colour. But I'm sure you'll change that as soon as possible," the blond shrugged. "And everyone there will be starting from the scratch, just like you. A few will know even less," Keter explained, hugging his daughter with one hand. "Ah, I can't believe it, my duaghter off on her first advneture! No wait, second, that business with Barnabus' nephew kidnapping you was an adventure wasn't it? I still need to have words with that boy..."

The girl closed her eyes as her father scooped her up in a one armed hug. She missed this. When he used to hug her when she was a little girl, hold her, tell her everything was going to be fine. She found herself needing that reassurance more and more as she grew, and he wasn't there to give it to her. Not since she came here. She was growing up quickly. Soon, daddy might forget all about her, think she didn't need him anymore, expect her to go on all on her own.
She hugged him back and froze. Owain again. He still thought... No. She needed to fix this. It was all her fault. Everything.

"No, no, no, no! H-he didn't kidnap me, Daddy!" she frantically explained, "It was all my idea! He only came with me to- to make sure I didn't get hurt. No need to have words! None at all!"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
His red eyes focused on her as he continued smiling. "Don't wprry Felicity, everything's going to be fine. Just focus on your studies for your mother, and your advneutres for me, alright?" he asked her brightly. "Besides, it's a father's pregorative to threaten all males that approach his daughter. I had quite the spiel ready for Glyph too you know? And I'll be sure to visit any male friends you make in the Order too," the blond continued, hugging her again.

He briefly wondered if she relaised he was just teasing her now. Sure he'd visit and threaten, but he wouldn't maim or kill anyone. His wife would have a fit otherwise....

Another hug, which Felicity returned gratefully. She could already feel her eyes welling up. She was leaving. She was leaving this all behind. She'd already left Glyph behind. And Owain. And Uncle Z and Uncle B. And Marea, and Percy. And now her mother and Father. Celeste too. She was leaving everything for who knew how long.
She buried her face in her fathers shoulder, letting her tears spill over.

"I-I won't make any male friends in the order. Grax won't let me," she sniffled, "Y-you shoulda seen the way he handled Owain. I think h-he might do your job for you."

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
The blond shook his head. Graxin was a...complicated issue. He had nothing against the boy, but he couldn't just accept him into the family either. He always had this slightly sense of wrongness when the boy was around. Probably because he was another of Feena's children. Maybe it was just jealousy? Probably.

"Now that's the wrong way to go about it. You should have male friends. Helps you learn how to deal with them. I mean, if you grow up without any interactions with males you'll be stumped when it comes to actually spending time with them," the blond pointed out. "Besides, I can't let Graxin take this away from me," he added with a grin. "I've been practicing for this day for a long time my dear, how could I not indulge myself now that it's finally here!"

He stroked his chin as a thought struck him. "Oooh, maybe I should follow you and embarrass you at every opportunity whilst you're there too..."

Felicity sniffled as she pulled away from her father. Embarrass her. That sounded about right. Still. He wouldn't be allowed into the temple, would he? Most of her training would be done there, inside the temple. Even if he did follow her, she doubted he could really do anything.

"grax wouldn't let you, " she sighed, wiping her wet eyes on the back of her hand, "he's kinda protective."

That was one word for it. She'd call him stubborn and pushy. Mostly because he made her give up her friends. She might still be a bit bitter.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter stared at Felicity. "And?" he asked, tilting his head. "Do you honestly think Graxin could stop me from seeing you?" he asked her simply. "Your mother once thought similarly. That she was too far for me to see her. I went anyway," the blond explained. Well actually, she had been captured by a former acquaintance, and made to suffer. Keter had thrown everything he had had, every last ally, every last asset, into getting her back. It had practically gutted and ruined him. And he would do it all again.

He smiled at his daughter. "Never forget my dear girl. The only one who can stop you, is you. If you want to do something, do it," he said, nodding his head. "And I will come and visit you. And I will embarrass you," he promised her with a smile. Hmmm maybe..."Oh we can make a field trip out of it! We'll have Celeste come along and see how her older sister is doing. I'm sure she'll be missing you! Plus Barnabus could do with being exposed to some culture, rather than running around the galaxy visiting every bar he can find..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom