Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daddy's little... Angel?

"Come on then," she snapped, "Come and get me! You'll never find me anyway. I bet in the morning you'll calm right down and see how stupid you're being! It's not a big deal!"

If she wasn't so upset by his words and thinly veiled threats, she might had worded things differently. She certainly wouldn't have dared him to find her. When Owain came back and she told him what happened, he'd probably freak out. Why was he so afraid of her parents? Daddy talked tough, but he was so sweet.

"Ugh... Look, I love Owain. I'm going to raise a happy family with him and you can't do a single thing about it. Best thing you can do is just accept what's happened and try to be happy for us!"

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter just laughed at his daughter. Time to excercise his fatherly duty. "Ready or not. Here. I. Come." ANd with that he hung up, striding deeper into the fortress. He had a flight to charter. His red eyes blazed as his fists clenched. Felicity seemed to forget that Keter always -knew- where his flesh and blood was. Always.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

She just stood there with the communicator in her hand. Stood still as stone, heart pounding in her chest like a drum. Did that really just happen? Daddy was mad. He probably would be so angry that he'd forget to call mom. But it was okay! She was in hiding. Deep hiding. She even changed her name, all her records. She and Owain both. He'd never find her by going through-

But he would find her. Sometimes she forgot because she was so pathetic when it came to understand how the Force worked. Daddy always found her. What if he really did come looking for her? What if he found her? Her and the baby. And Owain. She doubted he'd ever hurt her, and there was no way he'd harm a baby. But Owain was a completely different story.

"I'm so sorry, Owain..."

Her trembling fingers clicked the buttons on her communicator until Owains name was highlighted. Hopefully he had his on him too.

[member="Keter"] [member="Owain"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Owain sighed as he sat on the bench, taking a break. He was nearly home, and the bags really weren't that heavy, but he still enjoyed taking a pause from the walk home to let his hands rest. Plastic bags were evil. They bit into your palms if your shopping was anything other than light, and they just wanted an excuse to break. You aways had to double up the bags - it was so annoying. Next time he'd tkae one of his bags - military rucksacks could hold so much more so much more reliably. He leaned his head back and took a breath of the cool air, his peace suddenly disturbed by the chirping of his communicator. Blinking, he raised it and answered.

"Hello?"

"Owain, it's me."

Who else could it be? She felt so stupid saying that.
"Err... you heading home soon?" Her voice was shaking now. Damn it. She was no good at giving bad news. "Cuz I kinda need you to, um, not."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

He blinked in surprise. "Uh..hi Felicity," he replied evenly, triyng to puzzle out what was going on. "I was on my way now...what's up?" the boy asked, feeling himself tense. Had something gone wrong? Was there danger?

Well. He asked for it. Felicity took a deep breath, then in that very same breath explained everything.

"I called Daddy because I was really home sick and while we were talking I kinda might have told him about you and I, then I kinda might have mentioned the marriage, then I also kinda might have mentioned Zelda to him and now he's really mad and coming to kill you or at least hurt you really, really badly and I don't want that to happen so you need to disappear!"

[member="Owain"]

Owain

The stream of words that erupted reminded him of the tirades his trainers would go on against poor recruits. Fortunately, it meant he had practice keeping up with the rush of words, and the youth only blinked as he digested everything. Then he yelped in a panic. "What?! WHY?!" he asked ina panic.

Why had she called, why was he coming, why had she revelaed everything?!

"Weren't we meant to be under the radar? WHat if anyone traced your call? You gotta go too!"

Felicity paced the room. He was right, of course, or at least, he would have been if she hadn't thought about that already. One of the first things she did when she got here was buy a new communicator. If anyone was trying to trace her calls, they would be trying to trace them on her old one.

"I'll be fine," she insisted, "trust me. Look... Alright, come home first, pack your things and then go. Someone has to stay and calm daddy down when he gets here. I have a feeling he'll be less mad once I can explain things to him in person."

She'd given him the story that they were using to stay in hiding. It wasn't the truth of the matter. The truth was far less offensive. She'd adopted the baby to keep it safe and Owain offered to come and help. Sure, they were still sleeping together, but it was a lot better than being married with a baby.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

He frowned, even though he knew she couldn't see it. "That's it? Daddy is coming so you're kicking me out?" he asked, sounding harsher than he intended. He cursed himself mentally, reigning in his emotions. "Aren't we meant to stick together?"

That was it. She finally lost her temper.

"Do you wanna die, Owain? Do you have a death wish?" She was practically shouting. "Sweet Force, you can be so stupid sometimes!"

Oh good. This was going to turn into an arguement. She sat down at the table, rubbing her temples.

"Look, it's just safer if we separate for the time being. Dad can find me anywhere. But you? You might have a chance if you keep away for abit. At least until after my fathers.... visit. I don't want to be the reason you get hurt."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Owain winced as he held the communicator away from his ear as the girl shouted. Seems like he had hit a nerve there. The girl could be quite scary at times. "I'm not leaving you," he replied. Honestly, he had been in the military. He knew risks and how to handel them. A furious father was just another obstacle to be overcome. Well, avoided in this case, but Felicity was going on about this all the wrong way. They had time to plan things out properly. "Look, unless he's on the planet, we have time. A day at least. Let me come back and we can talk this out properly," he suggested.

Blushing. Sweet Force, why was she blushing? Stupid, stupid stupid! He wasn't refusing to leave her because he just loved her that much. He wasn't half that romantic. No. He probably just thought that without him to do things for her, she wouldn't last a day. Only slightly true. She was starting to figure out how to cook, even if she did burn, like, 89% of what she made.

"Alright. Come home then. You went shopping right? I guess you kinda need to drop your bags off anyway. See you soon."
With that, she ended the call.
[member="Owain"]

Owain

Well, that was abrupt. Owain frowned as he stared at his communicator, before sighing and flipping it into his pocket. He hitched up the abgs and resumed his walk back to their home. They had words to exchange.

"Ugh..."
Maybe she should have minded her temper a bit. He was only trying to help. She was so worried though. Why couldn't he just do what she said? This was supposed to be a marriage, right? Fake or other wise. That was how it worked, or at least as far as she knew, watching her own parents.

A cry from the other room made her blink. Why was a baby crying? That was so weird-
Oh! The baby!

Felicity jumped to her feet and scurried to the bedroom. She snatched up little Zelda and held her close. She completely forgot she was even there! And she'd gone out too and walked around... Was she asleep the whole time? Felicity had thought Owain had taken her with him! This mom thing was really hard...

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Striding through the streets back to the apartment, Owain mulled over his thoughts. He could understand Felicity being worried for him - it was touching, really. But the girl still had an impulsive streak. Act first without thinking. It didn't come up much anymore, but it was still there. She couldn't just send him off into the great unknown - how would he ever find her again? How would she cope alone? Sure, she was tough and independent, but raising a child could be overwhelming.

The youth sighed as he neared their apartment complex. All those stairs to climb....yaaaay.

"Hush hush. I'm not going to forget about you again, I swear!"

Her heart was racing. She wanted to yell at Owain for not having Zelda with him, but she knew it was all her fault. And she certainly was not about to tell him about it. She hurried around the small apartment, first to change Zeldas diaper, then to change her outfit, and then, at last, she silenced the screaming infant with a warm bottle.

"Daddy'll be here any minute..."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

With heavy footfalls, he climbed the stairs, his breath coming in short gasps. Man, he was out of shape. He needed to start working out again. A few minutes later, the raven-haired youth found himself at the door to their apartment, bags in hand. He fumbled for the keys momentarily, unlocking the door and making it swing open with a bang. Owain winced at that but entered the apartment, swinging the door shut with his heel. "I'm home!"

It still felt weird to say that.

"Welcome home!"

The same way she'd greeted him since the first day they moved in. It felt so natural now, no matter if she was feeling tired or stressed, happy, sad, angry or anything in between, she always greeted him when he came in. She walked across the room to him, the suckling infant balanced carefully in her arms.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

The fact she never failed to greet him always made him smile, making his worries of the day melt away. Despite everything, they cared for each other. Sure, things may not work out, but for now, it was all pretty perfect. "Missed you," he said with a smile, leaning over to kiss her on the cheek before moving to the kitchen to deposit the bags. "How was your day?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom