Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D-DAY

DFS-8DS

Nobody has turned me on yet.
I would like everyone to have a moment of silence, not just for D-DAY alone, but everything that went before and after it, the people that died for the struggle, and in the war as a whole, the world would be much different without it, in good and in bad aspects.

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
Good call @DFS-8DS.

A special day indeed for all those involved, families and friends, to remember 70 years since the D-Day landings took place to liberate Nazi occupied France.

My Grandad, John Gelderd, was a Special Marines Commando who participated in the Sword Beach landings to advance to Caen.

Just wondering if any of you here have any special memories or mentions from your family who participated in the landings, big or small. It was very special day, and one that should be marked for all nations who served as a united Allied force.

Ironic--I do believe that the One Sith invasion began on the 7th of Jue--one day after D-day. But on a more serious note, I agree. I don't actually know of anyone in my family who was there, but it makes little difference. Everyone owes those men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom