Out of Character Information
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to introduce into the Galaxy an exceptional sniper rifle that can compete with the energy-weapons which monopolize the militant market.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Manufacturer: Browncoat Arms & Industrial | ATC
- Model: CZ-838 Sniper Rifle
- Affiliation: ATC
- Modularity: Yes (Attachments)
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Durasteel
- Classification: Slugthrower
- Size: Hand-held/Rifle
- Status: Open Market (Must be purchased IC)
- Length: 109 centimeters
- Weight: 5.5 kilograms
- Magazine Size: 8 rounds
- Effective Range: 1,500 meters
- 8x Optical Zoom Scope (Stock)
- 3.4x Optical Zoom Scope (RDS)
- Individual Rifle: 700 Credits
- Bulk Packaging: 1 Crate (50 Units)
- Bulk Pricing: 30,000 Credits
The CZ-838 Sniper Rifle was designed in order to be an effective competitor within the militant, Galactic market. As a whole, the rifle is a high-powered, bolt action slugthrower that boasts the ability to fire a Slug at immense speed. In fact, whilst fired within its effective range, the CZ-838 Sniper Rife boasts the ability to penetrate a 1/2" inch plate of pure durasteel with relative ease. Furthermore, like all armaments within the newest line of Czerka Arms slugthrowers, the CZ-838 Sniper Rifle has access to a variety of Slug types to handle a wide assortment of opposition.
However, when compared to an energy weapon, the drawbacks of the CZ-838 are revealed. First and foremost, like all slugthrowers, the rifle utilizes physical ammunition and has a magazine size of eight rounds, as opposed to the hundreds of rounds capable of being produced by power cells. Due to this difference, an individual carrying a CZ-838 would need to carry around additional ammunition, as opposed to those carrying energy-based weaponry.