Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CZ-833 Net Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
qB66GA1.jpg

CZ-833 Net Launcher
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to create a new, deadly armament for the capture of beasts and bounties alike.
  • Development Thread: If Required.
  • Image Source: Hunterkiller
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Browncoat Arms & AEL | Arakyd Industries
  • Model: CZ-833 Net Launcher
  • Affiliation: Private Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, Alchemized-Monofilament Net, Stun Beads
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Stun Net Launcher
  • Size: Hand-Held
  • Length: 24 centimeters
  • Weight: 1.5 kilograms
  • Magazine Size: 5 Nets
  • Firing Rate: 30 RPM
  • Effective Range: 15 meters (optimal), 35 meters (maximum)
DESCRIPTION
Having faced down a wide variety of beasts, from Rak-Ghoul to War Hydras, Isley Verd found himself in need of a capable armament to assist in capturing some of these monstrosities alive. What's more, his experience hunting bounties placed in his mind a concept that would be useful in the restraining of monsters and marks alike. To this end, he commissioned Czerka Arms to create this unique armament, resulting in the CZ-833 Net Launcher. The project began through the total re-fitting of the CZ-835 Machine Pistol in order to fire compressed, monofilament nets. This process was not overly difficult for the company reknowned for the creation of personal armaments, and soon the requested concept was completed. Like most net guns, the CZ-833 launched compressed nets over distances.

Upon exiting the barrel, these nets unfurl at a rapid pace until impacting the target, where its form them quickly wraps about the body. The nets launched by the CZ-833 are adorned with stun beats coated with a general adhesive that will allow the net to stick to metal and hide quite reliably. Through this, the struggling targets will find themselves more and more entangled in the net the more they move. Once caught, the stun beads unleash a powerful electrical current into the target. The collective voltage of an individual net's beads is reminiscent of a military-grade taser and can easily incapacitate the average adult in a matter of seconds. Of course, for larger targets such as beasts, the number of webs fired will have to be increased as to allow the stunning to be effective.

As a whole, the range of the weapon is not exception; but what it lacks in range it makes up for in cutting power. Being composed of monofilament wires, each net boasts a cutting power that is at a "super sharp"/exceptional level. This allows for the nets to pierce through light armors or beast hides; thereby lodging the net painfully into the target's body. This allows for the stunning to be all the more effective, for the combination of excruciating pain coupled with potentially lethal incisions (depending upon where the net lands) results in a target less prone to struggle. However, whilst this in itself is impressive, Isley took it upon himself to augment the weapon all the more through applying his alchemical expertise.

Through the manipulation of the monofilament nets at a molecular level, he was able to make each of them completely resistant to the blades of lightsabers; thereby making them a deadly took for employment against wielders of the Force. As a whole, the CZ-833 Net Launcher is a unique and deadly weapon poised to effectively serve Isley Verd in his hunts from this point forward.

After Czerka Arms was taken over by ATC, Danger Arceneau saw that there would be a market for this type of weapon. Approaching Rave Merrill, she made a deal with AEL to produce the alchemized monofilament net required to produce a limited quantity of these arms.

DRAWBACKS
  • In comparison to blasters or slugthrowers, the net launcher's range is exceptionally short.
  • While immune to the blades of lightsabers, the nets can be avoided (space/distance permitting) or telekinetically shoved away.
  • Beasts and targets with exceptionally durable armor will not be effected by the cutting power of the nets. In specific, any armor that is Class 6 can potentially shrug off the potentially deadly cutting power.
  • Each launcher only holds five nets at a time and takes a total of two seconds to launch and completely unfurl. The reload process takes at least five seconds.

In your description you say that the net is resistant to lightsabers because of the alchemical modifications. However, in your drawbacks section, you state that the net is immune to lightsabers. Which is it? And if it is only resistant, how resistant is it? How many strikes from a lightsaber does it take to cut through the net?

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the clarification.

I have one more question that's been bothering me, so if you could clear this up, that'd be great.

The net is made of monofilament wires, and the submission states that they provide a cutting edge a level above the average vibroblade. Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, this would essentially result in a one-shot kill to any person not in Quality 6+ armor. It's even more devastating than getting hit by a blaster because the net would wrap around the target, and the monofilament fibers would deliver their vibroblade-damage. The amount of soft tissue damage would instantly incapacitate and severely maim the target, if not kill outright, which it more than likely would.

Wookie states that vibro weapons can open hideous wounds even on glancing blows. A net as described above would in effect be employing vibroblades as the net fibers. If RPed correctly, anyone who takes even the slightest hit from this thing is going to almost always lose a limb or become incapacitated and permanently scarred.

Maybe I'm reading the submission incorrectly, and this isn't your intention?

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Yeah...the intention was most certainly not a one-hit KO net. I was going for sharp, yes, but not instant incapacitation. As I've just woken up I'll make the edits in a moment here, but in order to remedy this I'll have the alchemical process reduce the overall sharpness of the monofilament nets. My goal here is a sharp as kark bounty hunting/monster hunting tool, not a filet maker. XD

[member="Isley Verd"]

Haha, I'm glad I'm not reading it correctly. :)

I think the simplest edit would be to just remove the reference to vibroblades, and just say it's super sharp and capable of slicing through light armors.

Super sharp is a technical term, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom