Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cyborg Jaw and Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Link
Raiden_Metal_Gear_Solid.jpg

Intent: To enhance a human's jaw strength, which is notably weak compared to its evolutionary ancestors.
Development Thread: If necessary (this tech is part of Dion's background as described in his Character Bio)
Manufacturer: Argo Cybernetics
Model: X-2 (prototype series)
Affiliation: Personal; Argo Space Lab experimental product (not for sale)
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Titanium, aluminium
Description: The X-2 model is the successful result of the terribly botched X-1 experiments; Dion Kayl was the specific subject used to develop this technology. Noting the ease with which the human jaw is dislocated as well as its disappointing weakness (150 PSI) compared to many other creatures, the designer constructed a prosthetic version equipped with servos that increase the subject's bite strength to 1500 PSI (the same as a silverback gorilla). This jaw is coupled with a full set of upper and lower titanium teeth; the upper row includes several titanium reinforcements which strengthen the upper jaw where the technology connects to the skull, protecting the more fragile organic skull bone (a full-skull-replacement model is still in development). The jaw's movement allows for full speech and normal oral functionality; fine-tuned adjustments can be made to ensure comfort and ease of communication (as well as eating), while improper calibration can made speech slurred or mouth movement impossible (due to over-tightening).
Primary Source: NA

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Dion Kayl"]. I'll be your judge today.

The base idea behind the sub is very interesting, but cortosis isn't freely available to use in factory submissions:

Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Gallos, Conglomerate Prime, Bespin, UmphathiaOR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
  • You'll have to have the cortosis-weave approved before you can use it in this submission.

As for the rest, this needs a bit more fleshing out. Going by the picture, only the bottom jaw and set of teeth seem to be included in the prosthesis; wouldn't that kind of pressure with the bite pretty much destroy the upper jaw? How is that averted/circumvented?

In general, what are the jaw's strengths and weaknesses, how does it fare with mundane things like eating, speech, etc?

@mention me with questions/edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"] thanks again for your feedback. I have cordoned-off the cortosis weave stuff until that is resolved. I revised the description to address communication, eating, and the effect of increased bite strength upon the upper jaw (I significantly reduced the bite strength-- I don't know why I would expect to need to bite like a crocodile :p ). I also changed the production to "Unique", as I have decided that since this is a prototype and is only intended for this character's use, there is no need to make it Limited.

[member="Bianca"] [member="Netherworld"] sorry for the delayed response; I have removed the cortosis material component of this technology, which should, along with my previously mentioned edits, make this approvable. So to be clear, there is no cortosis in this version of the tech, and the description has been updated to be more detailed and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom