Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Curiosity killed the cat

Untitled920_20231011091927.png
Objective: Interrogation and counter interrogation
Tags: Spindle Spindle
Gear: in bio

Wearing: this

Untitled938_20231026121044.png

Annika blinked her eyes open and tried to look around the darkened room. Her head sounded, and her mouth tasted like she had been sick. If she turned her head and there was some grinning college guy she might just lose it. What had happened?

She had come her based on rumours that there was mawite activity about. She was too young to know what a mawite really was, but she could read books. From the alliance texts that mostly bleated on about the clearly embellished deeds of the "heroic" jedi, to the Sith texts that talked about old gods and a dark Crusade across the stars. She hadn't found much when she came out here and had retired for the evening for a drink, got chatting to some other tourists and... shit, someone must have drugged her? It all made sense now. She closed her eyes and felt the force around her, it was dark, but she could not sense why she had been taken. At the very least she was still full dressed...

Curiosity?

She felt the emotion in the force, it was weak, either the person was protecting their emotions, or they were not in close proximity. "Who is there?" she said, her lips dry from both the drugs and from mild dehydration. "What do you want?" she tried wiping her mouth but rope bound her wrists. She wasn't going anywhere quickly, not on foot anyway. She would have to use her words.

cpoESzT.png

Annika Starfire Annika Starfire

There was little that fully evaded Spindle's notice. The spider had taken steps in building her web of secrets, between informants, spies of her own creation, and good old-fashioned gossip. When whispers of someone digging into mawite activity made it to her abode, she simply had to meet them herself.

Ichor-stained fingers stopped mid-page turn as questions from the other room drifted into Spindle's ears as she breathed a sigh. Under any other circumstance, the gaunt figure would continue her reading, having just gotten to the good part of a rather grisly report. She'd been so curious as to how such a simple mission had gone so wrong and yet, her duties as hostess called.

"Comfortable?" The creeping voice filled the room as the specter drifted in, a pleasant smile spread too long across her lips, void of any warmth. Beady eyes shined with a curious gleam. "Would you like some tea? I'd hate for you to wear out your voice so quickly."

cpoESzT.png

Tea? Normally she would say yes, of she were honest she could go for something stronger to deal with this headache, it felt like the mother of all hang overs.

"You gonna drug me some more?" she asked, looking for the sound of the voice and seeing the woman in the shadows. "You're a witch, right?" her lips were so dry, she tried to work out what kind of agent that might have been used, nightshade perhaps? What did this woman want with her, she looked at her and was reminded of her mentor, Astrid pentoghast Astrid pentoghast , she wouldnt mention the name as even a vague understanding of witches would inform you that their social structure was complicated to say the least.

She strained a little at her restriants, not attempting escape, but just seeking more comfort. "Who are you? Are you Maw?" she desperately needed some form of liquid and might have to concede the risk of further poisoning.

cpoESzT.png

The smile stretched upon the pale countenance thinned, lengthening a tad. A dissonant chuckle drifted over the room. "A witch? Oh stars, no." In another world, one where the fates had been kinder, Spindle would've studied among the witches of Dathomir, a loyal servant of the Fanged God. Alas, Spindle had been operated with the cards she had been dealt. That was a daydream for another day.

She crossed the room, coming to stand before a small table where a dark kettle was resting on a hot plate. She lifted the ceramic lid, spooning in a blend of leaves of her own choosing. Something meant to calm the nerves and, more deliciously, encourage the truth. "Who I am is unimportant, though if you must call me something, we can start with the Weaver," she mused, giving the pot of water and leaves a stir before letting it steep. "What I find so much more interesting is who you are. You're quite the nosey thing, are you not?"

Spindle was content to let the next couple minutes go by in uncomfortable silence, ignoring any other questions for the time being. Eventually, however, she strained the kettle's contents into a chipped teacup, bringing it over to her unwitting guest. "Drink up, little mouse."

cpoESzT.png

"Annika, my name is Annika" she said to the woman as she put her lips to the much needed tea, it smelled nice, herbal, earthy but more importantly it soothed the dry skin on her lips. She let out a long sigh of relief and shut her eyes for a couple of moments. Was it drugged, maybe, could she do much about it now, no.

She had no reason to lie about these minor details, even as the herbs began to work around her body and into her mind. "I heard the Brotherhood of the Maw were coming back, and someone told me there was a" she put on a "quotation voice" "Creepy ass looking witch hanging about who has Maw written all over her" she laughed, thinking of the intruiging direct message she had received on her holochannel.

"So are you? You kind of hold all the cards right now, you might as well at least let me have that?" she shrugged her shoulder adorably and puckered her lips up towards the other woman.

cpoESzT.png

"There now, was that so hard?" Spindle didn't wait for nor expect a response, listening intently to Annika's explanation with a rapt gaze. At 'creep ass looking witch' a thin, dark brow rose.

"Part of holding all the cards, as you put it, is keeping all the cards, dearie." She hissed, the hint of amusement still in her voice. "Say I was, though. What would you do? Why were you looking into the Maw?"

cpoESzT.png

"But that's not how card games work, i got to see your cards some time?" She was labouring the analogy while her brain became more relaxed.

"Dunno really, maybe go back to my own masters with some useful information, knowledge is power, I guess." her words came freely, the Maw were like the Sith, but not the Sith. If she could get some information on... "What was it they called your leader? Sith'ari or something? My lords are going to want to know if someone like that appears right?" she grinned at the witch. "I kind of like your get up you know, it's pretty cool" she laughed and blushed. "Blahhh... I knew you'd slipped something in my tea, that's hardly fair. I was hoping we might play some games, tell each other's secrets, but here I am, uncomfortable and drugged." she laughed again and thought about the feel of the ropes on her wrists.

As she focused on the force, she tried to stroke whatever emotions of curiosity, or better yet, kinship, that she might find, her zeltron pheremones would also pervade the air, she wanted the witch to see her as a friend, to play with her, rather than just playing with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom