Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CSP “Executive Order” Officers' Sidearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
94559fdebd964f89ea5d5c227cc654769a1c9d33v2_hq.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To sub a service sidearm for the officers of the CIS military and other CIS leaders.
Image Source: [X]
Canon Link: [X]
Primary Source:
SIF-57s

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems / Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Model: CSP “Executive Order”
Modularity: Yes; uses specially-designed high capacity power cells (2 included with each pistol)
Production: Limited
Material(s): Duraplast, Durasteel Barrel, Charric Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Charric Sidearm
Size: Handheld
Weight: Average (1.5 kg)
Ammunition Type: Power cell and gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 200 rounds
Reload Speed: Average
Effective Range: Point Blank.
Rate of Fire: Average; semi-automatic
Stopping Power: Very High
Recoil: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Standard charric weapon, it fires a blue-colored beam of maser-guided charged particles which deliver both kinetic and thermal energy to their target, but also a moderate EMP/Ion effect when fired from ranges up to Point Blank range.
  • Like most charric weapons, they render most commonly-found ceramic and polymer-based armors ineffective, are unable to be reflected by lightsaber blades, and use enough a hitting power to effectively wear down a lightsaber-wielding opponent, knocking the weapon from their grasp.
  • Especially powerful, at close-range these weapons may even damage / penetrate beskar.
  • Unusually high ammunition capacity, rare for most charric weapons, gives users an edge.
STRENGTHS:
  • Powerful weapons, able to offer serious stopping power, accuracy, and effectiveness at very close-range.
  • High-capacity ammunition, light weight, and small size combine to make it the perfect choice for CIS Agents needing a reliable and potent sidearm.
  • Tough weapons can hold up to a lot of abuse, even able to fire when submerged.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Poor accuracy and effectiveness beyond 15m, making it only effective as a close-range, secondary weapon.
  • Heavy recoil is often too much for smaller or weaker beings to control and operate these weapons effectively, even at close ranges.
  • Specialized power cells make reloading without these same type available impossible.
  • Firing while submerged cuts the effective range and accuracy by half.
  • Firing while submerged can be painful / damaging / lethal to the user due to the EMP/Ion effect this weapon produces.
  • Lower magazine capacity than other weapons in the CSP line.
DESCRIPTION
An especially powerful close-in weapon, possible even to punch through even Mandalorian Iron (Beskar) at point blank range, these veritable ‘hand-cannons’ pack a surprisingly large hit. Lower munitions count than the rest of the CSP line, they still offer excellent protection for officers and other CIS leaders in combat. Meant to act as a close-range, secondary weapon, they offer terrific stopping power and an added benefit, issuing a moderate EMP/Ion effect at point blank range.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Same problem as the other pistols you've submitted, change the 'Effective Range' to something given in the template, for this one I'd use Point Blank because 15 meters is rather close. Also clean up any mentioning of concrete ranges in the description as well.

Another problem that pops out to me is the mentioning of it definite ability to pierce beskar. As you know it's up to the character it is being fired up to take damage and decide things like that so I don't feel comfortable approving this as I feel like that could be aspect could be abused. I'd replace it with something like '...it is possible to pierce beskar within it's effective range.' or something along those lines.

Once you've made these edits please tag me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom