Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC CSAF "S/HAR/BO" Commando

Status
Not open for further replies.
GALSAFNavalStandard1_zps4eac6759.jpg

Name: CSAF "S/HAR/BO" [Security / Humanitarian Aid and Relief / Black Operations] Commando
Intent: To train highly resilient, adaptive and effective personnel for a variety of mission types and operation requirements.
Affiliation: Ali Hadrix, Alena Reckar, CSAF Authoritative Personnel
Availability: Rare
Quality: B (Infantry Commandos)
Type: Humanitarian Aid and Relief Provider / Black Operative
Strength: 2,000 Commandos

CSAF-Emblem-with-Commando-Mural_zpsxaphjqbu.png
Description
Origins
The CSAF Commando is evolved from the ashes of the former GALSAF Operational Soldier. GALSAF, a paramilitary humanitarian aid and relief organization from the the Pre-Gulag Era, lent a variety of support and security to civilians throughout the Galaxy, adherent to no extra-organizational authority. These soldiers were highly trained in a wide range of skills and operation types. 800 years ago Former Jedi Master Ander Tagira founded GALSAF out of a core of soldiers that followed him after his exile from the Yavin IV Jedi Praxeum.

Ali Hadrix and Alena Reckar (a descendent of the Tagira family) decided together to reestablish Tagira's original mission and goals: To secure and provide for the lives of the citizens of the Galaxy. Trapped within the confines of the Galactic Republic bureaucracy, Hadrix realised that working within the law was no way to guarantee the security and provision of many of the Galaxy's inhabitants, and that justice could indeed be effectively and impartially delivered at the muzzle of a rifle or the tip of a blade. However, not all justice needed to be violent, and thus Hadrix made the organization's focus humanitarian aid and relief over militant action; the inverse of how Tagira operated in his years.
Alena Reckar, a former lawyer and Rebel Alliance operative, joined Ali in her quest, providing for her the wealth of information that was GALSAF's operational records and history. Together, the two intended on ensuring the safety and well-being of as many Galactic citizens as they could.

Recruitment Process

CSAF Recruits are sent through a hefty vetting process that includes numerous personal, familial and professional interviews, background checks, and the Force-Assisted Psychological Factors of Risk Assessment (FAPFRA, aka the "FAP FoR All"), which is conducted by a resident Jedi of an undisclosed identity.
Once the vetting process is complete, recruits are shipped en mass to Carida, to train in the harsh and variable environmental conditions of the military world. They spend two years completing a regiment of training intended to provide them with a multitude of skills and specialized conditioning.

Other operation types extend far beyond that of the typical soldier. Specific skill sets are bestowed upon CSAF Commandos during their training, determined by aptitude, innate talent or skill, and specie-specific traits. These skills are ever honed, and Commandos cross train in these skills after leaving training, garnering more knowledge the longer they operate. Even so, some basic elements are passed down to all potential Commandos:

Four Elements of Combat Might:

Maneuvering = The ability to out-think and pace the enemy
Firepower = The resources to suppress and destroy the enemy
Security = Protecting friendly personnel, resources, and intelligence
Leadership = The knowledge and skill to plan and execute operations

A Commando's Values:

Independence = No plan survives contact with the enemy. Commandos must always be prepared to adapt and overcome, thinking entirely for themselves as individuals, or thinking together as a group.
Intelligence = There is no honor in death, only honor in protecting and providing for the lives of the civilians we exist to serve. Solutions must be economical, practical and applicable to the current situation and available resources.
Empathy = Commandos must always be able to understand the conditions and perceptions that shape the lives of those around them, specifically those people they serve. Proper command decisions cannot be made if these factors are not taken into consideration.
Efficiency = Of time. Of resources. Of movement. Waste not, want not. At the same time, it's better to have and not need, than need and not have.
Conviction = When a course of action is decided upon, it must be followed through without hesitation unless the situation changes once more. Never hesitate to pull the trigger, on a plan, or a rifle, as long as you have decided it is what must be done.

Operation Types by Environment:

Jungle
Desert
Urban
Mountain / Winterized
Amphibious / Aquatic
Spatial / Zero Gravity
Cross-Condition

Operation Types by Logistical Nature:

Airborne (Personnel Carrier Craft)
Air Assault (A-10 LA-AT/i Gunship)
High-Altitude Low-Opening [HALO]
Orbital Drop

Military Operations Other Than War [OTW]:

Humanitarian Aid / Relief
Anti-Partisan
Civil-Military
Peacekeeping
Non-Combat

Black / Covert Operations:

Black Reconnaissance
Assassination
Abduction
High-Value Target [HVT] Extraction
Cross-Border
Government / Corporate Espionage
Civilian Espionage

Overt Military Operations:

Mechanized Infantry
Dismount Infantry
Ship-to-Ship Boarding [Naval / Aquatic]
Raid Ops
Point / Area Ambush

Basic Skills:

Master Firearms maintenance and use
Basic Linguistics
Advanced Slicing
Advanced Piloting
Coordinate Fire Missions
Advanced Land Navigation (w/ and w/out device assistance)
Clearing Battlefield Obstacles

Organization

1st Infantry Brigade Commando Team
3 Infantry Commando Battalions

30 Commandos per Platoon
4 Platoons per Company (120 Commandos)
5 Companies per Battalion (600 Commandos)

1,800 Commandos Total

1 Black Operations Group

200 Commandos Total

1st Armored Commando Brigade (ACB)
The 1st Armored Commando Brigade provides the bulk of the organization's firepower, and serves as the backbone for many of CSAF's overt military operations. These are not your parents' soldiers. Built on a foundation of modernized All-Terrain Tactical-Enforcers and support vehicles, the 1st ACB serves as the fist to quash any and all resistance to the CSAF mission and the security of the Galaxy's innocent populations. The 1st ACB is comprised of Commandos trained in every skill set found within the 1st ICBT, though with a specialty for ground combat and vehicle operations.

1st Commando Air Support Battalion (CASB)
The 1st Commando Air Support Battalion is comprised of a fighting force of Low-Altitude Assault Transports, of varying models, and provides the support needed to facilitate any and all CSAF operations. Their primary directive is to operate in support of the 1st ICBT and 1st ACB, though its pilots and accompanying Commandos are capable of taking on any mission the rest of the Fighting Force is tasked with carrying out.

CSAF Black Operations
These soldiers are amongst the best in the Galaxy. Their training far exceeds even the highest standards of CSAF Commandos. Operating independently of SAFCOM (Command) as individuals, as a group, or as part of the rest of the CSAF Fighting Force, CSAF Black Operators are everywhere they need to be, when they need to be there. Black Operators carry out any mission required, with the utmost discreteness and absolute devotion to the CSAF Mission and the needs of the innocent beings of the Galaxy.

Links
Establishment of Organization in other RP

http://jedivsith.boards.net/thread/1892/galsaf-travellers-guide-ooc-information

Equipment, Vehicles and Weapons

ID-PA "Sharbo" Armor

A-10 LA-AT Gunship

DLL-28 ATGM

C1 Defender Adaptive Shield Array and Targeting Uplink

Verpine Assault Rifle

C1M2A MAT-TE Attack Walker

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Ha! Yes, I'm such a taskmaster, hm? ;)

Sorry for making you wait, my dear. All I have is excuses. Good ones, I think, but excuses nonetheless. I have been a very negligent Owl. Now, let's get on with this, shall we?

All I gotta say is... it looks good. Gods, I could have said that days ago, but it looks good to me. I love me a detailed, well-written sub, and you have done just that! So, why don't I just stamp this pending approval and send it off to [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and [member="Lorelei Darke"]. You know, one of the two.

Thank you for your patience!

[member="Ali Hadrix"]
Okay, couple of things:

• I cannot accept dev threads or links from other boards. Only SWRP threads are accepted.
  • Do you have a dev thread for them here? Even threads with them in would help. B and A quality units are things I only give out to units with development or modifications of existing units.
  • Can you give me a break down further of how the unit is structured at company level? Nothing too detailed is needed, but since these units would be deployed in small groups usually we'll want to know how.

[member=Ilias Nytrau]

Thank you very much! And you're right, it does look better with the Bold set in right.

[member=Valiens Nantaris]

1) The threads I've included from the other site are not intended to serve as developments for the unit; just to show that there's writing established to account for the 800 year gap between the two versions of the organization.

2) I have one thread on this site that is about the inception of CSAF by its founders and another that's currently ongoing that involves some of it's initial NPC member characters.
CSAF Inception
Origin of Initial Recruits

3) Unit Structure:

1st Infantry Brigade Commando Team
3 Infantry Commando Battalions

30 Commandos per Platoon
4 Platoons per Company (120 Commandos)
5 Companies per Battalion (600 Commandos)

1,800 Commandos Total

1 Black Operations Group

200 Commandos Total

NOTE: The Unit Quantity does not reflect administrative or support personnel. Just those expected to engage directly in combat operations. Of course, everyone is "trained" as a Commando, but I won't be dropping pencil pushers into the battlefield to raise numbers or anything shady.

The composition matters most during large scale operations, but outside of that, organization is mostly administrative. CSAF Commandos are trained to operate on every level of organization, from the individual Commando to Brigade-level operations.

The most freely-thinking are the Black Operations Commandos. There is a Black Operations Group. These would be the A-grade soldiers, but I'll do a separate submission for them if you want.

I hope this all helped, I'll admit I'm not 100% prepared at the moment.

Note: I made edits to the unit structure explanation. ^

I've edited in the unit structure I wrote in that last response to you, [member=Valiens Nantaris].

Also, I've made the distinction between the Infantry Commandos (which are B-Grade) and the Black Operators (which are A-Grade).

If you require different subs, that's fine, but this sub is meant to be very general to the organization and does not even consider the armored units or air support.

[member=Valiens Nantaris]

I removed the "A-grade" operatives from the "Quality" and will file a similar, but separate sub for them specifically.

The rest of the sub I left the same as it is an outline for the basic unit and any of our commandos can do the Black Ops job, they just will do it at a "B-grade" quality level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom