CS/BX-05 "Baron" Aerial Battle DroidOUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a versatile, modular form of its CS/BX-04 "Clanker" Battle Droid.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Manufacturer: Geonosian Industries
- Model: CS/BX-05 "Baron" Battle Droid
- Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Modularity: Yes (Armament)
- Production: Minor
- Material: Armorplast, Durasteel, Agrinium
- Classification: Fourth Degree
- Weight: 135 kilograms
- Height: 1.93 meters
- Movement: Bipedal, Jetpack
- Standard A/V Receptors & Recorders
- Wrist-mounted Grenade Thrower
- JT-12 Jetpack
The CS/BX-05 Aerial Battle Droids, known otherwise as "Barons", are a modular form of the standard CS/BX-04 Battle Droid that makes up the vast majority of the Confederacy's Droid Army. As a whole, this unit is simply a Clanker equipped with a JT-12 jetpack, devoid of its missile armament, in addition to "wings" which serve the purpose of augmenting maneuverability whilst in flight. Furthermore, these wings allow for the droid to glide with exceptional ease when dropped into battle from a Confederate vessel.
The standard loadout of this unit consists of heavy ordnance, such as missile launchers and grenades, as to devastate armored vehicles and opponents from above. However, upon landing, the Barons can simply swap out their armaments and take up positions alongside their fellow Clankers and operate effectively as a part of a unit. These units are inspired by the B1-A Air Battle Droids formerly utilized by the first incarnation of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.