Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gbWqQh2.jpg
B5WOPf.gif

• Intent: To create a stealthy combat rifle for the Ministry of Secrets and other divisions of the Confederate military.

• Image Source: CCP Games

• Canon Link: Slugthrower Rifle

• Primary Source: N/A
B5WQ2Y.gif

• Manufacturer: Brayde Armor Works

• Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems

• Model: CS-28/47 “Predator” Advanced Combat Rifle

• Modularity: Yes

Sonic Dissipating Silencer (Optional)

• Laser Sight (Optional)

• Combat Scope (2-6x Magnification, Optional)

• Holographic Sight (Optional)

• Red Dot Sight (Optional)

• Diagonal Foregrip (Optional, Vertical foregrip that is perpendicular to barrel)

• Angled Foregrip (Optional)

• Vertical Foregrip (Optional)

[*]
Production: Limited (Ministry of Secrets characters and non-MoS Confederate PCs only)

[*]
Material: Durasteel, Ionite, Titanium, Ionite/EMP Resistant Electrical Components, Impervium, Reflec Finish

B5WHHx.gif

• Classification: Slugthrower Combat Rifle

• Size: Small

• Weight: Average

• Muzzle/Projectile Velocity: 1300 m/s

• Projectile Mass: 14.26 grams

• Ammunition Type: 5.9x36mm Caseless Monomolecular-tip Ionite Lined Projectile

• Ammunition Capacity: 15

• Reload Speed: Average (~3 seconds)

• Effective Range: Average (450 m)

• Rate of Fire: Average (Semi and Full-Automatic)

• Theoretical Rate of Fire (Maximum Rate of Fire in a theoretical scenario where the operator possesses unlimited ammunition and the weapon does not require reloading or heat management): 575 RPM

• Practical Rate of Fire (Maximum Rate of Fire in a practical scenario which factors in reloading and heat management): ~ 195 RPM

• Stopping Power: Very High (12050 Joules)

• Recoil: High
B5WRgW.gif

• Front and Rear Glow Sights

• Integrated Combat Rails (Combat Sights, Scopes, Gadgets, Grips, Etc.)

• Integrated Remote HUD Uplink (Ammunition Counter, Operating Temperature, Weapon Integrity, Targeting Computer, Rangefinder, Etc.)

• Ionite and EMP Hardened Construction
B5WKB2.gif

• Stealth Killer: The Predator’s factory standard silencer is a very powerful device which almost completely eliminates the sound of the weapon firing, aside from the high-pitched sonic boom the projectile creates as it surpasses the sound barrier.

• Shield Disruptor: Ionite-coated slugs possess the ability to penetrate and temporarily disrupt energy shield systems. Because of the speed, size, and shape of the projectiles, the slugs only lose a negligible amount of armor penetration power even after penetrating and disrupting personal shield systems.

• Armor Killing Potency: The Impervium-forged monomolecular tips are capable of boring deep holes through even the most formidable types of personnel armor. The tips are precisely manufactured to remain only a single molecule thick even after impacting against armor, allowing for potential through and through penetration capabilities against targets.
B5W2T8.gif

• Small Magazine: The Predator possesses a magazine which is quite a bit smaller than similar weapons of its class. While many compact blaster rifles can fire 100+ shots before requiring a power cell change, the magazine size of the Predator is limited by the size and weight of the slugs it fires. As such, the operator should take care to exercise trigger discipline when utilizing the weapon.

• Sonic Boom: The slug that the Predator fires is supersonic, which in effect slightly negates the quieting effect of the sonic suppressing silencer because of the high-pitched sonic boom the slug creates as it passes the sound barrier. Although the weapon is still very stealthy for its class, for a more powerful quieting effect, subsonic weapons are recommended.

• Ballistic Effects: The slug fired by the Predator is subject to effects of local gravity, which can differ based on the planet the weapon is being used. For maximum effectiveness, operators should practice within gravity-adjusted shooting ranges before using the rifle on a different planet, so that they can more accurately predict the ‘drop’ at long ranges.
B5WuGe.gif

The CS-28/47 “Predator” ACR is a handheld weapon system designed for stopping power, assassinations, discreet operations, and front line combat. Development of the Predator ran concurrently with the development of the Eliminator, both of which began in the year 855 ABY.

In 856 ABY, limited production began on the Predator ACR and it began to see usage within the field for the first time past the initial testing phases.

Good Morning [member="Immortal Cyan"],

This is a solid submission, there are just a few questions that came to mind as I read it.

Immortal Cyan said:
Production: Limited
Limited to whom? A limited production weapon can only be used be a small group, so if you could clarify who you were limiting it too please.

Immortal Cyan said:
Shield Disruptor: Ionite-coated slugs possess the ability to penetrate and temporarily disrupt energy shield systems. Because of the speed, size, and shape of the projectiles, the slugs only lose a negligible amount of armor penetration power even after penetrating and disrupting personal shield systems. On average, the ionite slugs are able to completely disable personal shielding systems for a period of fifteen seconds.
Having a set period of time the shields are disabled seems to come very close to calling a hit to me, I understand that what you're going for, ionite should have the effect you're describing, but you might consider removing mention of a specific time period to prevent future issues.

Immortal Cyan said:
Armor Killing Potency: The Impervium-forged monomolecular tips are capable of boring deep holes through even the most formidable types of personnel armor. The tips are precisely manufactured to remain only a single molecule thick even after impacting against armor, allowing for potential through and through penetration capabilities against targets.
The very nature of a bullet is that it can't be monomolecular unless this gun fires needles of ionite? Could you please clarify what you mean?

Overall this is a solid submission, however the ability to negate both weapons and armour makes it very very powerful. In it's current form the weapon is actually unbalanced by two ratings, so I'd recommend dropping two ratings to balance it out.

I wasn't under the impression that the weapon had the ability to negate other weapons. I know I intended it to negate armor and shields, but if ionite does have the side effect of negating other weapons, I can add a weakness stating that the Predator can not negate weaponry just through regular use. The only way it would negate another weapon is if the operator shot directly at their target's weapon (which would work for other weapons as well).

The bullet is basically shaped like a regular bullet (look at the blue slug in the middle for reference), but it curves down into a singular monomolecular tip. The tip is the only part of the bullet that is monomolecular in nature, since ideally, that would be the part that hits armor/shields first.

I've went ahead and removed the set period of time the shields are disabled.

I double checked the ratings and I'm still under the impression that the ratings are balanced as they are. Here's my math; The Limited production designation starts me off with +2 "points". The Small Size category lowers me down to +1. The Average ratings for the Rate of Fire, Reload Speed, and Effective Range categories keeps me at +1. The Very High Stopping Power designation puts the weapon at -1 (Unbalanced, as of now, with too many points spent) and the High recoil designation puts the weapon back down to 0 (Balanced).

I was under the impression that this was how the rating system worked, unless there was an unannounced change of some kind or a misunderstanding on my end.

I've also added a brief blurb next to the Production marker which clarifies which groups the weapon is limited to.

[member="John Locke"]

[member="Immortal Cyan"]

My apologies for the late reply, it's been a week at work.

As you say the weapons is balanced, I bad missed the high recoil in my look through, thank you for putting in your workings there.

Ionite is one of those very tricky resources, because if has an alternate charge, meaning it is very very difficult to defend against but in a world of electronic based weapons that is a lethal combo. We have seen it used in a similiar way but it does make the weapon extremely powerful and I'd recommend just noting that rather than the ionite being a shield disruptor it's a electronics disruptor including shields, weapons etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom