Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Crash

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai gave a fake, what do you mean look, at his comment, "Oh yes, I don't over react to you walking on me while dressing and now I am some sort of pervert... though I cannot proms that little event won't happen again". As for its story, it was a bit standard, its seemed to be a more casual version of what Padawan raised from a young age usually do, though she wondered what his 'face your fear challenge was'. From the way, he talked Durso did not have much emotional baggage or some sort of dark thing from the past that could haunt him, or perhaps his trail test was something a bit more simple, challenging resolve was a bit vague.

"Seems as though it took a while to get everything done... well the making of my own was very different, as well as the acquisition of the two other I carry". Sukai often carried three sabres with her, but only one had been built by her, "You probably don't know this but us Riben-Jin take much pride in the crafting of weapons, it is a steadfast tradition, a trial and test one under goes into adulthood, often enough warriors of the Riben-Jin will craft their own blade to be used in combat, as such we put extreme care into crafting said devices, and a lightsabre is no different".

"My sabre crystal came to me on Dantoonie after I had gone through the trouble of making the blade components myself, I guess you could say my trial was learning patients and not over exerting myself, steadily building up my hilt over the course of a few months". "Said crystal also turned out to be a Dantari crystals, its properties allowing the user to stay calmer and focused in battle, as well as projecting a purple blade, though part of that also had to do with my grey force alignment". She took another sip from her cup, but realizing that she had drunken all the caff, probably not noticing it due to the whole story telling arc the two were participating in.

[member="Dusaro Dresari"]

Dusaro smirked, getting a good laugh out of her response to that one, lightly shaking his head as he brought his amusement back under control. "Uh-huh. Clearly all your fault, nothing i did at all, nooope." He said with a bemused look as he rested back in his chair. In truth, Dusaro had not actually, fully yet learned the lesson from his trial. To anyone who knew more about his past, they could probbaly toss the peices together. But to Dusaro, he did not see in this case that he needed to learn a lesson since he did not see the situation as a issue to begin with.

"Mmm, gotcha. I may be a Firrerreo, but my father didn't really know much of anything about our heritage. I was raised as an Echani by my mother for the most part. They are fairly well known for what they do, but i was raised with some fairly storng beliefs and thoughts. When it came to being trained with weapons, there isn't much i have not had my hand on either in fixing, putting together or using. Though we were never really big on crafting our own weapons we did have a strong focus on mastering them, refining them and ourselves through them. Most of the focus is on hand to hand martial arts sure, but we trained in how to use anything and everything." Dusaro said, explaining a bit of his own upbringing when it came to weapons. Fighting and combat had always been a part of his life, that was not going to change any time soon. Some of his earliest memories were his mother training with him. Remembering those made a slight, longing smile come across his face for a moment before he pulled his mind back to the present.

"My lightsaber crystal right now is nothing special." He said, taking out his hilt. "The parts on the inside are focused for dueling, the outside casing is made from a two seperate vibro-blades. It took a few days of work to make the parts fit together just right, but i managed it." He was no expert metal worker, it was rough in a few places and showed obvious signs of use. But it was also clearly well taken care of, even if the crafstmanship that had gone into molding the outside for the hilt was not much more then 'average'. "Need to get a bit better at metalworking, i know." Dusaro said with a awkward shrug, offering her a refill for her drink. "Are your people big on that much? From what i know, the Echani are fairly 'out there' with their action and combat for words as far as most people and cultures go. I have always found it to be relaxing and enjoyable, though i have not had a partner for quite a long while to sparr with."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai gave him a sly stink eye at the comment, 'guess learning to knock before entering was not something he grew up with, but that's a problem with auto doors.... maybe I should have locked mine, arg not that just what he wants me to think, I guess where both guilty in that regard'. As for their past stories, she knew both left out certain things, like her whole event about almost losing and eye and some other things as well as her mother part time job and questionable training methods.

"I've read a bit up on Echani, do not pure blood all look the same, something to do with being decedents from genetic experiments to create perfect humans? though I am not sure how true that is, but whatever the case I know how much they pride combat, both with blade and hand to hand". "I guess the Riben-Jin are kind of like Astrian Mandalorian, warriors that take pride in battle with a code of honour, so it as a given that I would be trained, though my father is more a monk than anything else". "My skill in arms mainly comes from my mother, and man was her training rough, but then again she has had well over 800 years to get the basics and everything else down pat" well at least she though around 800 years, to be honest Sukai did not really know how old her mother was, only that she was around before the One Sith.

As Dusaro un-clipped his light sabre Sukai's eyes lit up slightly, always interested in weapons and their inner workings, even though a nice clean weapon would catch most people attention she more enjoyed a weapon that showed durability and had a tale to tell, and just from what she could see his sabre had seen combat. "Perhaps I can teach you how to work with materials a little bit, maybe in turn you can teach me some things as well", she pushed her cup forward for the refill, giving a cheery smile, "also define 'out there', I can say that my people value fine craftsmanship, a sort of, if you make it you take better care of it as well as just a general useful skill to have, as for fighting, as I said a good value on that, warrior culture with code of honour, sparing being an essential part of life, If you’re looking for someone to tussle with I can always be of help, least I can do for sucking you....ur blood".

Part of that had to do with the kinds of people that were generally on Dus's ship, or more specifically used to be on his ship. When his merc buddies and all of them were on board, privacy was not much of a thing. There was a time where they got ambushed on the way to a mission and two of them had to come out of the refresher with nothing but a gun on their person. Still, it wasn't like that any more and Dus recognised that he did need to be a bit more mindful of privacy.

"Typically we favor the face of our mothers aye. I am one of the rarer cases, my father's blood is far more dominant in me. I took my eyes and hair from my mother though." Dusaro said, grabbing a strand of silver hair that rested amongst his two toned blonde/silver hair. His eyes and hair were the only things that hinted at the other half of his biological heritage. "My skin was always a bit paler then my fathers deeper gold as well, though if that comes from my mother or it is just chance i don't know." Dusaro grinned when she mentioned her mothers training was rough, nodding in agreement. "So was my mothers, she trained me with everything hand to hand that i know. She was a monster of a woman. I swear to you that her endurance was inhuman and my endurance is quite literally inhuman. She took the 'you keep getting up untill you are knocked out' approach to things. A good deal of my pain tolerance and willpower comes from her relentless training." To say he had personal strength over his mind and body beaten into him was not an exaggeration, it was actually fairly accurate. He had chosen that path, so he had neither any room nor desire to complain about it.

It was certainly durable, though he always was fine tuning it a bit. It's design was focused on providing a utilitarian grip that could easily accept any stance or situation its weider might find themselves in. Unlike how some were tailored for a specific stance, his was deciededly made with 'doing whatever was needed' in mind. A kind of thought process that was clearly reflected in how it's maker tended to deal with things. "I could use the help with that aye. I know basic metalworking, but most of my knowledge in that area is focused on gunsmithing." All those skills he had picked up from his father for the most part, not knowing much about them personally. "It isn't that we fight, but how and why we fight. Hmm... how to explain." He always found explaining the Echani concept of fighting to someone.

"Echai martial arts, in fighting at it's basic core is not just about besting an opponent but that it is a pure form of expression to truely understsand someone, a arena where words are not needed and people's true natures are revealed. A duel between two people if it is not for the purpose of training or something along those lines is a ritual. Rather then trying to best the other, you stick to ettiqute and sequences, reading the opponents stance and matching it accordingly. How you match it is up to you. You don't think about it, you just do. The basic sequences are nothing difficult to grasp. Usually in a ritual spar, you do not let emotion enter into the equation. As in, let it dictate your actions. The only time that happens typically is between close friends who are okay with opening themselves up to each other on that kind of a personal level, or a pair of Echani who are courting. In the case of two people courting, favors are exchanged between each sparr through superior fightingprowess and eventually, they get married. And if that makes you curious about who won between my father and my mother, it was my mother." Dusaro said with a wry smirk. His father could best his mother with the blade on occasion, but never hand to hand. In his mothers words, she saw what she wanted and she took it. "We also have the odd tradition of sparring in limited clothing, typically just underware. That is done to allow us a quicker understanding of our opponents body, allowing us to properly match up stances and movements to remain in sync. Though that is only really needed with people new to the idea of it, after you get a basic grasp of it and you can start predicting movements you can move on from that. Though if it is a ritual sparr, it is considerd still considerd proper form to just wear underware." Dusaro had not talked about the Echani sparring with anyone for quite a while... Years actually. And it had been even longer since that he had done such sparring. "I have not sparred anyone in the proper, ritual ways in a long time. Its been... Around six years actually." He mused, getting a bit of a distant look in his eyes for a moment as he recalled the last time he had done that. "So, what do you think? Intrested?"

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

It was interesting to hear the genetic behind the Echani, truth be told Sukai had not met many on her travels, quite a bit of knowledge coming from her mother and secondary sources it was nice to get clarification, lest say something stupid in the future. Though from what he said perhaps crossbreeding may have slightly switched up the whole gene thing, but then again she wasn't a scientist, so best not to pry into such things.

A wide smile spread on her face as Dursao elaborated a bit more on his family, "He he, sounds like your mother and mind would get along really well, though something tells me any conversation they had would soon turn into a duel of some sort". It seemed his mother was a little tougher then her own, but Sukai knew Kurenai went easy on the herself and brother during the training. "Though I can't say my parents meeting was similar, I don't know the full detail but I think my mother was just finally ready to come back into society and cease living on her own in the shadows". There was a bit more to it then just that, but Sukai knew such a topic was a bit touchy and was not really going to go again spreading said story without consent.

Soon though the subject was changed back to the topic of exchanging favors and skills, Sukai had learned from an early age how to metal work, and though not the most proficient she had more experience then most people her age. The sabre which she crafted itself was clean and polished, and though showed signs of use still looked relatively new, its black sheen over its elaborate carving and ornamentation, along with the Katana styles cortosis hand guards made it a fine sabre by most standards. "I'll teach you what I know,perhaps bring my brother around at some point, besides his odd attitude he is quite an adapt and metal work".

She listened to him continue to explain about the Echani marital art intrigued by how they worked, "SO its a way of getting to know each other, to learn who they are... like a freestyle dance, were you try and determine the rhyme and next move, just it involves punches. Though I would not say it has the same meaning they way Jin sword play works is similar, when engaging with an opponent one show respect and said duel is an elaborate dance of blade each person using their won costume style and form". A sly smile became planted across her face at the mention of sparing in nothing but underwear.

Though she could understand the concept behind it, the whole muscle movements and such, as momentum and speed had to be gain and as such noting the small witch of tensing of your partners muscles could be used to predict their movements she could not help take advantage of the situation. "If you wanted to see my in lingerer you can just ask, I may not have a large range of underwear but I have been told it is rather, lacy... I jest of course, but id does sound rather interesting, perhaps I can teach your about Kendo and some other ritual like dueling my own people have, but be honest, you would like to see me in underwear wouldn't you"?

"Heh, my mother tended to end up in a fight with anyone she liked so that would probably have happened yeah." Dusaro said with a broad, amused grin at the idea of it. Even in cases where she may have not been much of a match for the opponent she had always been like that. "Ahh, i see. Just kinda came out of retirement as it were? Or, well, something like that. That probably isn't quite accurate but something along those lines?" That is at least how it came across to Dusaro and his 'mercenary' way of thinking about things.

He admired the craftsmanship that had went into her lightsaber, it made him a bit envious of her skill even for a few moments compared to his own. He was not the sort of man to let that kind of envy take any serious root though and the idea was dismissed as soon as it cropped up. He appreciated its design overall, Dusaro liking the work and detail that had been put into it. "I could certainly use the help as you can tell. I have always been trained more to maintain weapons as i said, rather then making them. I could pick out a good part for replacement, but making it from scratch isn't something i really have the training to do." Which was something that in a few instances before had proven to be somewhat of an annoyance. Typically he had enough backups of things to just be able to grab another weapon, but a lightsaber was not like that. He didn't have a stock of them like he had of say blaster pistols or shatterguns. He only had the one and he wanted that one to be the best it could, but in his hands as they were he couldn't do that yet.

"Mmm... Yeah, something like that, plenty of people who watch us spar do compare it and liken it to a dance. But you do need to remember that even though it is focused on the transmission of thoughts and ideas, it is still martial arts. At its base, a contest, even if the contest is not the main focus. It is... Had to describe in words how we tend to treat it in general. Mostly because there is no 'in general' way it is treated, each duel is both personal and unique, just like the two people who are on either side of the sparring matt. What i might come to understand from you if you were trained in the Echani Arts for example, would be wildly diffrent then what i might reveice from another Padawan." Overall, his heritage and culture was something Dusaro both enjoyed talking about, but also found hard to convey. It was like trying to explain how something tasted to someone else, even if he conveyed what it was like, if they tasted the same thing they would have their own personal take on it in the end.

Sky's response to his explination of the sparring without clothes got a amused, hard laugh out of Dusaro, his head shaking lightly with a bemused grin. "Nah, no nothing like that. Any appeal i got from seeing people in underwear died a long time ago when it became 'normal' for me. Hard to get excited by something that is something you expect to happen basically." He said with a light shrug, still wearing a bit of a grin at her reaction to it. Dusaro was not lying though, any form of 'intrest' he had in that was not like the normal person. For any other twenty five year old, seeing a woman like that would be reason to blush, but for him it just was normal. His mother had trained him that way, he had been around quite a few other Echani and sparred with them before in the traditional ways so really it was just expected and not anything to get excited about. Dusaro also appreciated though that he was abnormal for that, not normal for it. "Course, i have a fairly skewed veiw of normal so i ain't exactly the right person to ask about that eh?" He said with an amused smirk as the time passed. It seemed that the trip over all was going to pass fairly uneventfully, before they would arrive at Jabiim's star system and drop out of hyperspace. The planet was, as ever, raining and covered in mud. Even from space it looked deary, which drew a bit of a grin from Dusaro as he looked at the planet. "Right homey eh?" He said with a smirk, watching as Sky would take them on down to the planets surface.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Well no, the opposite actually, more that she went into retirement when she married my father, putting the life of an assassin behind to care for our family, though still took the odd mercenary job here and their with her old crew to make ends meet". "Father may have been smart, but was not really a bread winner, that kind of changed though with the whole almost losing an eye event, after that mother never left our side". Mainly as Kurneai felt guilt over the whole ordeal, not being their to protect her husband or children from the threat of a rouge Sith mad man.

As for crafting and maintenance of weapons, well it would make sense a mercenary of his caliber, judging from the story would be good at keeping his equipment all clean and tidy, but for the most part, crafting something from scratch with that busy lifestyle would probably not be something on the to do list. "Well, once this little trip of ours is over I would be happy to get my brother to give you a lesson on crafting items, may be a bit unorthodox, but his skills are well beyond mine".

She listened intently to his further explanation on the Echani Martial arts,the elaboration making a bit more sense, "So like a dance competition... I get what you are saying in both terms, it is a fight and one should seek to put their best forward and win, but at the same time their is a more deeper connection with each combatant as they fight, and not just simply flailing around trying to knock the other person to the ground". In a sense it also reminded her of the Jin monks and their own form of marital arts, a more self defense from that also had deep spiritual meaning and when done together with another fighter had similar relations to what Dusaro had described about Echani Marital arts.

Sukai gave him a sort of quizzical stare at the 'no longer gets excited' part of his speech, maybe it was a merc thing, to prevent soldiers from doing stupid things on the battlefield, a bit of a shame though, but also a bit odd. "Hu? if that's the case I guess your no one for romantic interest then, guess that helps a bit more with the whole attachment thing of the Jedi code", true the SJO did allow relationship, but it still stood for ones not to get too attached to a single person, otherwise act rash because of emotions and potentially fall to the dark side. "Well, in this day and age normal is something that kind of no longer exists, more like, bland and exotic in my view", with the end of that sentence the familiar feeling of reverting to real space filled the ship, indicating their arrival on at the planet.

"Right, wait what honey? your so hard to read sometimes", Sukai just shook her head with an amused smirk, one second he was going on about not being interested in peoples looks then flirting with her out of the blue, was it an Echani thing? or was she still just not good at picking up emotions. With that the young Jin took the helm once again, smoothly piloting the freighter down through the planets stormy atmosphere, soon finding a stable enough surface to set the weathered ship down.

"Aaah i see. Yeah, my mother and father were both breadwinners, to put it into those terms. While my mother may have been more skilled in certain areas, my dad was no slouch as a fighter himself and he handled most of the payments, getting jobs and all that. All in all he was the man of the house, even if some times you might think that was in fact my mother." Dusaro said with a bemused little chuckle and a light shrug.

"Most of my lessons tend to the unorthodox side i have noticed, so that isn't much of an issue. Though i wonder how you mean that exactly.. I suppose i shall see." Dusaro was not entirely sure he knew how weapon crafting could be unconventional, unless she meant either the tools or method. That or maybe her brother was unusual enough and she meant it like that? Either way it was something to look forward to.

"Mhmm, yeah more or less. Without actually doing it, it is hard to put into words. It is like describing the feeling of the force. I doubt i could find words to truely... Explain it to someone who is not sensitive. But that is part of what makes it so fun and intresting i think, yeah?" Dusaro commented with a grin. Even if it was hard to convey, or rather because it was hard to do so, expanding upon it and talking about it was intersting. Even if she did not completly get the idea, Sky did seem intrested in it.

"Mmm... Suppose you could put it that way. I can't really see me chasing after a woman any time soon any ways that is for sure." Dusaro did not really have a lack of intrest. Rather, Dusaro had just never found anyone who intrested him in such a way. There had been a few he had been intrested in at one point, but after a certain event he had lost that intrest. The 'bland and exotic' remark drew a arched eyebrow from Dusaro, it was a diffrent way of looking at it for sure. "Bland and Exotic eh... Where do i fall in?" Dusaro asked with a curious tone.

Given that Echani training made the emotions of a person difficult to pick up on it was quite possibly part way that. Though Dusaro had not meant it like that, as his confused look followed by an amused chuckle showed. "Hah, no not quite what i meant. As in the planet down there looks homey. Ya know, comfortable, inviting and warm." He said as Sky retook the controls and guided the ship down to the surface. "I mean, i could start calling you honey but i think i will stick with Sky for now." Dusaro added with a light chuckle as the ship settled down into the muddy surface. The area they had landed at was not all too far away from both a settlement and a set of nearby caves. Either they could find what they were looking for at the settlement or they would find it in the caves. "Right, jokes aside i hope you have some good boots you don't mind getting muddy as well as a nice weather proof cloak. Its about to get... Well. Drenched." Dus said as he looked outside at the rain which was pouring down. Normally he would prefer a coat, but robes sheded water better and in this weather he was not gonna risk it. Taking his thick Jedi Outr Robe he pulled it around his normal clothes and headed for the ramp of the ship, lowring it down. "Head to the settlement, ask around and all that fun stuff? Never know, we might get luck and find one for sale."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai gave a slight nod of understanding, "I guess in a mercenary family that would makes sense, both parent working to get by and all, and just because one you mother was a strong person in several regards does not mean your father could not take a good deal of stuff himself, not that my family had much trouble, again mother being over 800 year old... quite the bank account". Well enough to pay for their upbringing, but Sukai was unsure of how much cash the Yumi family had.

"As for metal working and dance marital arts, those can wait until later, though I will keep both in mind for future events", first of all she would need to find out what her brother was up to and arrange a get together, so probably the Echani fighting would be at the top of the to do list once they finished this self assigned mission.

"Hu, well that's a shame, but if that's your decision", she was slightly disappointed by the answer but was not going to push the subject an further then necessary, if that was the case the best Sukai could do was become everlasting friends of some sort. Though it was possible for people to fall in love through other means, in her mind physical attraction towards each other was still a major factor. "Hu, well, like me you are a hybrid of two very different and commonly unknown races that has gained surprising powers and skill from both sides, as such I could not descibe you as anything but exotic".

"Oh an sorry for misinterpreting it, galactic basic still get me every now and then, I though you said honey, those words, well to me sound similar", the very stark contrast between yuganese and basic made certain phrases and words hard to understand sometimes, which lead to some interesting and funny discussion earlier on in Sukais life before she became almost fluent in the widely spoken language. Stepping out of the ship the young Jin was greeted with the muddy and almost war tron looking surface, Dusaro's comment just getting a eye roll. "Yes I have good boot, be careful, the have knifes on her underside for climbing and combat, so make sure you not standing underneath me at any point", she remarked pointing to her Meran Mechanic boots.

The down pour and rain was nothing new to her, but it would have been best to keep a little dry, fortunately she too had some standard run of the mill robes that she was supplied upon joining the order, black with purple not really Jed colours but something she liked as a personal preference. "Hardy harr, I do not think the people here are much into selling ghost stuff, but it would not help to ask, maybe I'll just go shopping for personal item and a knick nack for younger brother".

Dusaro only wished he could claim to have the money of several life times. Some times he wished he did but over all he ended asking himself 'what would i actually do with it really? Anything productive?' Given that most of those thoughts ended in something along the lines of 'think of all the meat i could get', he never seriously entertained the thought of getting that kind of money. Just not something he had much of a desire for, really.

"A shame eh? The Silver Jedi need at least one good bachelor though don't they?" He said in jest, smirking a bit at his own comment. Right now, Dusaro was rather all things considered short on friends. Sure there was Doug and Joshua his master, but that was mostly it as far as the Jedi went. Extreme diffrences in former life style combined with Dusaro's own generally layed back attitude did a fair bit to unintentionally seperated him from fellow Jedi. Not the biggest issue he supposed, Dus was not really worried about it. But having people you could call on for help in a pinch was nice. "So i am exotic am i? My. Maybe they should go around and display me at shows, give the artists something to sketch." He said with a jesting tone, never one to take himself too seriously.

"Homey, Honey, one letter diffrence and the letter isn't that much of a difference i suppose huh? Anywho, it happens. Though i might start calling you that on occasion, just to mess with you a bit." Dusaro said with a smirk, never one to let something like that slide. He wouldn't get annoying with it but poking fun at friends was at least half the fun of having them in the first place. "Oh? Knives?" He said, looking down at the boots before mouthing an 'oh'. "Gotcha. Note to self, keep feet away from Sky and don't play footsie. It might end painfully." Dusaro said with a lightly amused look.

The rain was nothing new to Dusaro either, but how muddy it was along with the humidity the air was stifling. While it was not quite like moving through syrup it was fairly close by his estimation. "Sounds like a plan, i will contact you on the comms with what i do or do not find. Shouldn't take long, going to inquire with two, maybe three places. See ya'z soon." With that said, Dusaro would go on ahead and head out, meeting a few people and asking some questions. Around thirty minutes later, he would call Sky and tell her he had something and to head for the meetup point.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai gave her companion a raised eye brow at the bachelor comment, "I believe that the Jedi have a very large supply of bachelors at their disposal, to many if you ask me". She gathered that the man was just fooling around, but perhaps it also played into his current social life, during the hospital meeting she did note that he was training by himself which seemed off. True she was too, but unlike Duraso her condition was a little different, combined with the fact she too had yet to make many friends, perhaps she would be the one to remedy that situation.

His next comment about being exotic earned a a raised eye brow and a slight quizzical stare, "Let's see, like me you are a hybrid between two uncommon races, have inherited powers that many mortals... humans would only dream about and a good figure with a unique fashion sense, exotic would be the most appropriate". Perhaps her choice of words where a little flattering, but it was, in her mind, an honest gauge of the flashy Jedi Padawan, though something told her those words would come back to bite her in the ass, more so with Duraso no going off on a teasing tangent.

"You can be all flirty and playful once we get this mission over with, I can only take so much teasing you know, I may be tempted to do something if this keeps up". She replied giving a light smirk and a small shoulder bump, before the two parted ways, herself headed for the more commercial part of the village, checking with the local store owners, soon receiving a call from Duraso himself. "So mister silver tongue what have you found so far, the only thing I got from the sales people where really bad offers on overprices items".

The unique fashion sense drew a raised brow from him. Then he remembered that the people he compared to as 'abnormal' in that sense were extreme cases, so he couldn't really deny what she was saying. "Yeah no, sounds about right." He said with a nod, accepting what she said as true for the moment. He didn't really seem overly intent on teasing her for it, not now at least. Though Dus did keep it in mind for later. Not able to leave well enough alone though, he got one final jab in before parting on something else she said. "Me tease somebody? Would i do that?" He asked with a smirk before they both went their own ways for a while.

When he called the silver tongue remark got a chuckle from him but he didn't make any further comments. He had actual information to share now after all. "I got some good news. A mine here recently found a cache of the crystals and they are being transported here from the mine as we speak. Fairly nice hall from the sounds of it too, so we should be able to get some for ourselves easy. They should be here in two minutes or so." Dusaro was about to say more but his speech was interrupted by a siren going off, something that Sky could hear over the comms. "Oh great... I have a bad feeling about this one." He said, looking back and barking about what the hell was going on.

It took a few seconds but he would unmute the comm. "Pirates, karking pirates interrupted the shipment. A reaction force is being scrambled now and i volunteered us to go along, we are at the warehouses on the south east side of town! Gonna wanna hurry up about getting over here." Several makeshift speeders with guns on them were being assembled along with what looked like a basic though surprisingly well trained militia started forming up and mounting the speeders. Mixed and matched equipment they may have, but it looked like the motley group was fairly well trained, that or they were used to having to deal with pirate incursions

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

It was a bit hard to hear what Duraso was saying over the comm link, the constant down pour being rather bothersome, even for someone with her enhances senses. "What is that you say? they mine the crystal, guess with this place being so far out of reach and not much visitors they would need something to provide a steady income". It seemed odd that that the people where would be able to see the crystals, the small force sensitive items usually only making themselves known to force users that pass a test, maybe they had some sort of crystal radar. It did not matter, if they could find it the method did not matter, if it was not anything illegal, or resulted in some sort of backlash later, like if the crystals were possessed or some other sinister reason. "Okay on my way now just gi-", her sentence was cut short as a loud siren echoed throughout the town, villages scrambling for their homes, other grabbing hold of blasters and other weapons that lay around.

"Great can't go anywhere these days without something being attacked, but I guess it would be silly to think we were the only ones after the crystals", grasping her sabre she began to sprint with haste towards Dusaro last known location, keeping her ear on the com link for any update on the matter. What felt like an eternity of silence finally ended as the Echani hybrids voice once again crackled out of her wrist again, "A warehouse you say, yes, I think I see it, I'll be right there, was not really looking for a fight, but anything to keep my sword arm in check". After all it was a Jedi's job to serve and protect, more so as a follower of the Riben-Jin code of honour, it was her duty to help these people in their time of need.

Leaping from a ledge Sukai landed near were the militia was amassing, judging from the array of equipment and speeders around this was not the first raid they had to deal with. "Oi, who are you, this isn’t a place for a little girl", one of the militiamen spouted upon Sukai getting closer, "Perhaps, but this little girl so happens to be a Jedi, I'm a friend of [member="Dusaro Dresari"], he told me to come here, word on a pirate attack and all". Some of the men looked around, but upon noticing the three lightsabres on her waist belt ultimately let her through, "Go on through and get ready, the enemy will be here soon". Giving a light nod, she passed through the crowd of armed men, seeking out her fellow Jedi's force signature, "Dusaro I'm here, did I miss anything"?

It was not overly uncommon for miners to happen upon some of the more 'normal' lightsaber focusing crystals in Dusaro's experince. Some had uses outside of just being used in a lightsaber, Hurrikain crystals made for good anti-armor heavy blasters for example, and a shadowfire crystal would certainly make a good silenced blaster rifle, as it would make the bolt invisble. Though using the focusing crystals in blasters in such a way was not anything new or special, he had never seen many people do it for some odd reason.

"I have found that if i want someone, there is at least three other people after it. One other person who wants to steal it, another who is willing to pay more, and the third is willing to kill the one who actually gets it to take it for themselves." Dusaro commented wrly over the communicator, such was the way of the Galaxy. People tened to be more selfish then not, though that was not much of a surprise to anyone who had dealt with people in any major way. Still, trouble seemed to follow him like a beacon even more then most. Karma, perhaps?

"You have not missed anything, we are about to mount up and ride out at them." There were several personal speeders, enough to carry fifteen people. Between them they had three mounted guns with gunshields. The engine in them had been replaced with higher power variants, extra armor was bolted on and the thrusters were equipped with boosters for extra speed. It was some back woods, hacked together modifications to make the speeders into something akin to military vehicles, but it worked. After a few moments the last of the militia would show up and begin piling onto the speeders and Dusaro would quickly hop on to one himself. "We are gonna be chasing after 'em, the crates have a tracker so finding them will be easy enough." He said as they pulled out from the warehouse and 'blasted off' through the rain in pursuit.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai briefly reflected on what Dusaro had said over the com link, and it was true, she had experienced it one to many times while relic hunting, though often there was a slight twist, with person willing to pay also able to steal and kill if necessary. She often wondered how the Galaxy was still around after all these years, probably the fact about the Jedi keeping things stable enough for government to function properly, enough philosophy for today, action was needed. "We are going out on speeders, to fight some incoming raiders, with a militia... this sounds almost identical to when I defended my home village with a two force users and a handful of minute men, with speeder too".

She could not help but give out light chuckle at the irony while climbing onto the makeshift military speeder, drawing her pistol of all weapons alongside her father’s lightsabre, these pirates would make good target practice after all. "Well from what I have heard these pirates are not the brightest, but then again when are they ever, still will be funny so see their reaction's when two force users pounce from above". Sukai giving a sly smile, a little eager to get some action after being out of communion for so long, also wanting to see how her new partner operated in combat, put that mercenary past he'd been talking about to use. Soon the militia was off, rain still pouring down upon those in the speeders, mud being flung up in the air, making a definite trail behind, the chilling wind brushing against her face each passing second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom