Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Crystal Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aa1nOZS.png

"I attuned some crystals and engraved them with some Bendu Wards, sort of creating a power grid"
- Romi Jade

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a method of trapping and containing enemies.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • A Crystal Cage is a Force projected container inclosed on all sides, formed with five Adegan Kyber crystals in the shape of a pentagram, capable of trapping enemies (spirits and pure force beings etc) within an electrified force field that shocked at the touch. Once trapped, it is impossible to step in/out or teleport - x - x - x out of the cage etc

STRENGTHS
  • Can trap organic, force, and spiritual beings. Also manifestations.
  • Projects a transparent energy field -- can be used to catch people off guard
  • In case of loss or destruction, more crystals can be attuned/charged, and engraved to be used in the same manner as replacements.
  • Contains power inside -- funneling metaphysical energy back.
  • Synergies with an additional crystal -- can be used in the manner of a trap/alert system i.e to warn when the cage was activated
    • More crystals can be added to up the power
WEAKNESSES
  • Need to be oriented east to west.
  • A crystal cage can be disrupted if one of the crystals is removed.
    • Crystals can be manually moved by someone outside of the cage.
    • Crystals can be moved from the outside by powers such as Telekinesis etc.
    • Crystals can be manually moved from the inside, if one can fight through the pain.
  • A crystal cage can be destroyed from the inside if hit with an immense amount of power but not without severely damaging the person as abilities are redirected back i.e using force lightning against the barrier is funneled back at you in larger more charged doses.
  • No one can enter or leave the cage once active unless it's disrupted (see above)
  • The materials needed are scarce and ensure that each trap is almost made uniquely and it can't be heavily produced.
  • Crystals have to be attuned and charged before each major use. i.e one use per scenario
  • Need a minimum of 5 crystals to get efficient effects.
    • Less than 5 will result in a lapse of power, and stronger beings beyond your level will have minimal difficulty in escaping.

DESCRIPTION
Romi had been expanding on her knowledge with the Force, theorizing, and thinking of various ways to properly encounter things that may come her way. Several security issues at the Jakku Enclave, dealing with the Brotherhood of the Maw's Heathen Priest, and having dealt with Sith like Carnifex, Prazutis, and Taeli, it was on her mind to create a proper system of entrapment for a variety of scenarios.

It wasn't until recently that she decided to document and record her personal history and experiences. Becoming Headmaster of an Enclave, and a bunch of near-death experiences made her want to author some sort of tome and record data for her Holocron one day. Largely these notes explore various abilities she's learned or creatives ways in which she's decided to use them.

---------​
Romi's notes on the page include:
"Take the crystal in your left hand and grasp it tightly. If you allow your mind to become quiet and expectation to fade you will become aware of a tiny pulse or vibration in your palm. Wait till you are sure its not your heart beat. You will soon become aware of the particular vibration of the crystal you are holding.

Draw this vibration into your chest cavity, wait till you feel your left arm tingling with that vibration. Then slowly begin pushing that vibration through your body and outwards. Allow it to flow freely soon you will become aware that it’s coming out of you not from the stone. In this manner you have mimicked the exact vibration of the crystal you are holding.

Attuning to a crystal or stone is one of the most potent forms of cleansing and grounding that i'm aware of.

Now find that elusive complementary vibration I was speaking of earlier simply pass energy back through your left arm to the palm the crystal resides in. If you are more comfortable projecting through your right hand take the crystal in both hands. Again tune into the crystal’s energy then slowly raise your energy, or lower it. Feel and patiently wait for the crystal to follow you."

-------
Beyond the initial 5 crystals she keeps on her own, she's sent singular crystals to: Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor , Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Ryv Ryv , Auteme Auteme , Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl with a note simply stating: "Just in case we need to come together to trap something large and mean? Hold on to this. Thank me later." -- the note also included instruction on how to attune them and what symbol needed to be engraved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom