Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Crime Time

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Teth.

A world with purple skies and serpent like trees. Cities built atop plateaus for the jungle land below was dense and full of danger. And, if recent rumors were to be believed, a breeding ground for a rise in criminal activity. That's what Iris was here to figure out at least. Find proof, find out if there was a larger organization at work. Dismantle it, if possible. Her custom X-Wing landed outside one of the larger cities on the world. Within, rumors of Spice flowing.

The perfect place to check. She wasn't here alone though. The Padawan's gaze shifted to the holocom on her wrist. Amani Serys Amani Serys should be here soon, right? She let out a sigh as she leaned against her ship. It'd be good to see a friend again. And maybe clear out some Spice.

The Human

T

separator-png-95-images-in-collection-page-2-separator-png-1732_323.png

Teth
Six Months after The Maw Incident

Six Months...six months of thoughts. Teth was a good place to let someone like himself mend his own thoughts, to allow the person whom is known only as the Human, to think quietly. The Galaxy was in a state of constant warfare and he slowly grew weary of it, the constant politics, bickering and backstabbing of the Sith. There was no such thing as unity, only chaos. The robe was pulled snugly onto his frame, hiding the armor underneath. The weight was something he been always used to, but being comfortable in armor never seemed to be...something he liked. Putting on his replacement mask, he wrapped the straps behind his head and pulled over the hood.

To his left side was two lightsabers, both taken in battle. Retrieving them carefully, he let his fingers glide over them. Hatred, Anger, Suffering...feelings he started to know better as time aged on. Yet the pleas inside the Force...he shoved the thoughts aside, placing them onto his belt loops under the cloak, getting them hidden from view. No, those thoughts must be pushed aside for now, business will have to be attended to. Slowly exiting out of his small hovel home he...acquired, he started to head into the large city, keeping himself away from prying eyes.

The only goal he was seeking, was the retrieval of a holocron from a local black market dealer. He had been contacted several hours ago that one had come in and it would be his job to verify it...and then of course, purchase it. Questions lingered in his mind what it could be, the dealer kept the information vague, only replying that a information card had come in, a code word for the holocron. Only when he arrived at the designation, close to the landing pads, would he learn of the holocrons nature...and validity.

TAG: Iris Arani Iris Arani

separator-png-95-images-in-collection-page-2-separator-png-1732_323.png

Right on cue, an old starship descended from mauve clouds overhead, and settled in a clearing just beside Iris’ X-Wing.

Out from the landing ramp emerged a baggy-eyed mirialan, running more on a buzz of caffeine than 8 hours of sleep. Upon spotting Iris however, Amani grew a smile that seemed to de-age her drowsy features, “Hey hey,” She came in for the hug, arms outstretched.

“Sooo, something-something Spice ring, huh? Should be no problem.” There was an air of exaggerated confidence in her words. Tongue-in-cheek mostly, but last time they met, Amani and Iris made a mutual assurance to not underestimate themselves.

How bad could it really be?

Where crime grew, Lirka quickly followed. Opportunity presented itself everywhere in this growing underworld, but she could no longer act as mere muscle hiring herself out to whatever wannabe gangster popped up on a planet. She had wares to sell now, deals to broker: though "wares" was a less than accurate description, she had people to sell. In the chaos of the newest galactic conflict, she had found slaving more and more profitable without the eyes of the governments boring down into her dealings.

And this time, her dealings had brought her to Teth. She had landed earlier in the day, the crew Gorba had given her fanned out into the city streets to dabble in their own misadventures: their boss had bigger targets in mind, Teth had a quickly growing black market: and it was time to get her name into it.

The "market" was a dreary old place, one of the mercenary guards present had partially assured her that this was merely one facet of the wider network. But she had paid the information little mind, instead it had become all about brokering with the Nikto who was trying to lowball her. Of course one of these rats would try...

"I don't think you quite understand the stock I am putting forth here."

She turned slightly, gesturing to the one stasis pod she had brought with her.

"Wild Space is a cruel place, and even simple farmers represent a mighty worker, or a warrior if that is your inclination. Surely you can understand that 1,000 is simply pitiful numbers for the work we had put in acquiring such find assets."

She did well to hide her annoyance as a gruff voice began rattling off more nonsense in huttese, he wasn't so easily swayed. It looked like Lirka had her hands full with a battle of words for the time being, at least until the Jedi found them. Then it could be a battle of words and blades , much more interesting.

Iris Arani Iris Arani The Human Amani Serys Amani Serys

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh, so that was Amani Serys Amani Serys 's ship? Iris tilted her head as she watched the older vessel settle down. Come to think of it, she'd never actually saw the Mirialan's ship last time they met up. It was good she had something to get off that rained in planet. The Padawan let off a nervous chuckle for herself. Next time make sure her friends had transport before leaving a world in case they don't.

Didn't matter though. She blinked as Amani came in for a hug though. Stared as if trying to figure out what it was. Something obviously clicked because her smile brightened more as she did return the gesture.

"It's good to see you! And, yeah. I think. There's been no official word on there being spice rings here, but I figure if we look around and find something I can get some of the other Jedi to come along. Maybe even convince my master." She stepped back, flashing another grin as she shouldered her pack. Art supplies. And her lightsaber, inside it. "Ready to be tourists?"

The Human | Lirka Ka Lirka Ka

Objective: Protect [SPICE] during transit to spaceport until the freighters can leave the planet.

[WARNING... WARNING... HUMIDITY 89%, RISK OF OXIDATION INCREASED BY 50%... ACTION RECOMMENDED... WARNING... WARNING...]

Aretmis dismissed the warning process, filing to the background of its task manager. Its shoulders shifted, allowing cooling fans to begin pushing air out from under its arms instead of bringing more perspiration in. Despite this action, the hulking droid did not move its gaze from the transfer of unmarked packages to a heavy freight speeder. The workers, either directly involved with the criminal syndicate that owned the Spice or hired without a contract, eyed the droid warily from the corners of their eyes. There had been no warning from their superiors about its arrival, and only the evident foreknowledge of their overseers kept them from outright panicking. And who could blame them? To say that Artemis was well-armed was like saying Teth was slightly humid: a vast understatement. Twin-linked, wrist-mounted blaster cannons were the most obvious weapons on the droid, followed by a bandolier of sinisterly blinking grenades, shoulder-mounted blasters, and its sheer mass cut an impressive figure. There was no question as to why the droid was here: anyone could guess what was in the packages and what they were worth, as well as what the droid was there to do. Anyone trying to steal some of the product, or destroy it, would be forced to reckon with the walking weapons platform.

Artemis did not know any of this, nor did it care about the feelings or opinions of those fleshy types. Rather, it was dealing with the unending warnings from its internal process about the humidity. Humidity, humidity, humidity. Was it summer? Artemis had done jobs of Cato Neimoidia, and not even that planet had managed to make such a mess of the droid's internal systems. The cooling fans - half of which were pushing moist, warm air out and half pulling slightly cooler air back in - were running so loud that anyone standing nearby could hear the distinct hum of motors.

The group were located in an alleyway alongside a warehouse, the speeder sitting parallel with the durasteel wall. To one end, a road that ran along the city's plateau, and on the other a dead-end where Artemis stood. A dozen workers of various species and in various states of undress continued to run from the building's side exit to the speeder. The guards, outside of Artemis, had retreated inside, not interested in sweating to death in their light armour. At the present pace, factoring in the time to drive to the freighters, unload, and come back, it would take an additional five hours until the entirety of the product was ready to leave the system.

[WARNING... WARNING... HUMIDITY 88%, RISK OF-- NOTIFICATION SILENCED...]

Artemis needed an oil bath.

Characters: Iris Arani Iris Arani Amani Serys Amani Serys The Human Lirka Ka Lirka Ka

READY FOR WAR
TANGLE ON TETH

EQUIPMENT: SINGLE BLADED AMETHYST LIGHTSABER | HG-54 VERPINE HAND CANNON

ALLIES:
Iris Arani Iris Arani | Amani Serys Amani Serys
div-purple.png

Keiran hated rental bikes. It wasn't just the shoddy workmanship that annoyed him, but the seats. So terribly uncomfortably. The young Jedi rode through the streets, flashing the lights at the front of the speeder bike as he almost crashed into a group of tourists who had decided to stand in the middle of the road. Then there was the traffic, that dreaded hair-splitting, teeth-grinding, argument-inciting traffic. He didn't understand why people could just go when they were supposed to. It greatly annoyed him, especially when it was at the cost of an assignment that he actually thought that he would enjoy. Well - maybe not enjoy. The rumours of the spice ring and it's tentacle-like reach around Teth were troubling, but nothing he didn't think the intrepid team couldn't handle.

Taking a sharp turn, he took a look to his right at the view. Emerald green jungle for as far as the eye could see, dense, thick, inescapble trees designed to not only keep things out, but to keep things in too. He could imagine why this planet was known as one of the premier crime havens of the galaxy. It was a miracle that the Hutts hadn't got to it yet. Or maybe they had. Who was to tell?

The rendezvous point didn't seem too far now, and he saw a small congregation that seemed to be chatting admist the taking off and landing ships. It made sense for this place to be a meeting point. The amount of people here was less of a detriment, but actually more of an advantage. Hidden in plain sight, or something to that effect. Keiran imagined most people wouldn't really bat an eye at any of their proceedings. To them it was all part of their normalcy. He pulled up about a metre away, kicking up some dust as he stopped abruptly. He wore a long hooded poncho that meant it was only darkness where his face might have been. On the left arm there was the red starbird insignia of the Rebel Alliance, and on the other soldier, and insginia displaying a stylized hog, with horns and a hairy chin. Underneath, aurebesh text read WAR HOGS.

He stepped towards them, removing his hood with a smile at Iris. "If it isn't my favourite fellow Padawan. How are ya Iris?" He asked. Her Master, Valery Noble was a good friend of Traden Avarice, and he had heard a lot about Iris from her. All good things of course. Standing near her was another companion whom he did not recognise as Jedi. A green-skinned Mirialan woman. Nevertheless, he nodded to them and held his hand out for a shake. "Keiran Varn, Jedi Padawan. Sorry I'm late. Was stuck in traffic."

Last edited:
“Right right, ‘alleged’ Spice rings,” Amani accentuated with the use of air quotes. If experience had taught her anything, it's that when something seemed suspicious, it's because it usually was suspicious. Guess they’d find out.

Unlike their humanitarian visit to Jabiim, this time Amani had decked out in preparation for trouble: On her hips were a lightsaber and a slug pistol, both of which she began to conceal; More noticeably, the haft of a collapsible metal staff was slung over her back.

“Tourism’s fun. Any of those rumors hint at where to start looking?” It was a big place, and the more they could narrow things down, the better. Just as she prepared to usher Iris into the city proper, they were joined by another, one Amani did not recognize. Her initial guard was put to rest with his introduction, “Amani Serys,” she reciprocated the handshake, then turned back to Iris, “Friend of yours?”

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I'm good." Iris gave Keiran Varn Keiran Varn a bright and kind smile, nodding her head. She was good. This wasn't war. This was just crime. Possible crime. Like a vacation from the usual horrors of war. Though at Amani Serys Amani Serys 's question on whether she knew the other Padawan she shook her head. Had they met before? Maybe, in passing. Briefly? She wasn't the best with faces or voices or.. Anything that'd help her remember people. The colors helped, if it was someone she tried to remember through the Force.

"I don't think we've actually met. But! It's good to meet new people, right?" She nodded once, more to convince herself. Well no, just remind herself of some of her earlier lessons.

"So, yeah! Spice Ring. .. Where do those usually end up? Rumors are of the city, but I'm not too sure where to look first. Maybe we try to find a seller?"

The Human | Lirka Ka Lirka Ka | "Artemis" SBD-571 "Artemis" SBD-571

Alicia Io

The Daughter of Enforcement
Wearing: Nothing

Armed With: Herself

Objective: Establish House Io operations on Teth

Earlier

Alicia detested Criminal Activity.

Granted, House Io had plenty of people in charge who were actively criminal, and were considered criminals by others, but the House did not engage in the petty smuggling of drugs or slavery or controlling racketeering or people.

No. What the House wanted was influence. The ability to show up at the most inconvenient of places to disrupt the plans and goals of their enemy however and whenever desired. They wanted eyes and ears, for information was more valuable than Electrum.

Information was Power.

Alicia sat across from the local Exchange boss, a wrinkled gray Weequay in an expensive suit named Grinek.

She sat across from him, the Nanite sheath that granted the lethal HRD her voluptuous figure morphed to look like she wore a silver cocktail dress with Stilettos. She sipped her tea patiently in his guest chambers.

"I and my associates appreciate that you and your associates are tough customers. We all heard what you people did to just one Crime Boss that held one of you. And if it was just me and my crew, I'd be more than happy to let you set up shop here. But I got bosses too. And my bosses, well, they don't take kindly to being muscles over by newcomers. Even newcomers with an army of Intelligent War Droids and insane Cultists."

"I prefer not to think of it as us muscling in on your turf. I prefer the term 'sliding' in. Much less aggressive." Alicia replied amicably.

"Well, however you try and slice it, having House Io in proximity to our Spice Operations makes my bosses nervous. Especially when we know your faction takes a dim view of the uh, 'activities' my organization participates in."

"Too true. However, the House also knows when to pick and choose it's battles. And the house currently has bigger fish to fry. Like with the Jedi."

"And what happens when you don't?" He asked, calmly sipping his tea...

"Well then we can always reconvene should such a time come to pass. But we don't want to have to be at your throats while setting up shop. I propose a truce. As long as you don't interfere with our espionage efforts or weapons, we will ignore what you do."

The Weequay took another sip of tea. "Sounds pretty my way or the Space Way. Bosses won't like that."

"Your bosses are free to speak and negotiate with us at any time." Alicia assured. "But if any attempt is made to force us off Teth or expose us, it will lead to...unpleasantries...in turn we shall leave you be."

The Crime Lord finished his cup.

"Well...I suppose I am left with little recourse then..."

Alicia's advanced skull sensors and Psychological Analysis Database had detected the signs of treachery on his face seconds after they had first started to speak.

"The Exchange doesn't bow for just anyone. Xiphos is no different from anybody else. We've killed Sith Lords before. Jedi too. We were polite. We let you speak to us. But all you offer is a 'Don't Mess with us and We won't mess with you.' Like we're dogs. No tribute. No deals for property. We have been cultivating Teth for months. Yet you slink in here, with your million credit smile, your long legs and your dress, and tell me, when I OWN THIS FETHING TURF, TO STAY OUTTA YOUR WAY!!?! I'VE HAD PEOPLE KILLED FOR LESS THAN THIS LEVEL OF DISRES--"

"Shhhh..." Alicia hissed, putting a finger to her lips stopping his rant cold. "Can you hear that? Neither can I (Show us this Loyalty. Fall on your sword: 7000 XP) . No sound of expensive Droidekas. Or dozens of heavily garbed Soldiers with Disruptors."

The Crime Lord paused. She was right. He had hit the silent alarm sensor embedded in his teeth. He would have this impudent woman killed and sent back to her house in tiny boxes.

At least that was the plan. Troops should have been here five seconds ago.

"What did you do?" he demanded, pulling out a heavy blaster.

"I hacked your systems." she answered patiently and as pleasantly as possible.

"Impossible! I had you searched! Scanned!" Grinek protested, backing away.

Alicia smiled again, finishing her own tea.

"Mister Grinek I am afraid you will find the doors to your room quite locked." she explained.

"How'd you get hacking equipment past us? Shielded implants?"

"Won't you please sit down Mister Grinek? I feel by this point it's quite obvious that if I wanted you dead, you would be."

As if to emphasize her point all the hidden auto turrets sprang to life and trained their weapon on him. He was frozen in place.

Alicia patted the seat next to her invitingly.

Grinek swallowed, and slowly walked past his outrageously expensive displays, and sat back down.

"This tea is lovely!" Alicia commended genuinely. "It's so easy to mess up tea. People put in too much sugar or creamer, Gods forbid. They can't really appreciate the taste. May I have your blaster, by the way?"

Grinek wordlessly handed it over. Alicia took it and carefully set it aside.

"How are you doing this?" Grinek asked, as much in terror as sheer curiosity. "Force Adept?"

Alicia shook her head. "A girl must have her secrets, I'm afraid. I can neither confirm nor deny your assessment."

Grinek gulped again, watching how the auto turrets in the room tracked his every twitch.

"So..." he trailed, sweat building up. "What's it take for me to walk out of here with my life? You want credits? Connections?"

"All I want is your local branch's non interference. Honestly, you'll barely notice us. Think Grinek. If you're dead, is it your turf still?"

"I suppose not." he breathed.

Alicia leaned back in her seat, crossing her legs.

"Was that so tough to admit? Now, if I have your assurances that you don't interfere with the concerns of my family, I will not have to interfere in your concerns. Do I have that assurance?"

"The bosses will kill me for capitulation."

Alicia simulated a dismissive snort. "They'll kill you? Motherfether, I'll kill you."

"Alright...but you gotta give me something to go back to them with! I can't return to them completely empty handed. I'll be found washed up on a beach somewhere, with a duracrete shoe fitting!"

Alicia idly examined her Nanite covered hand, changing the color of the nails.

"No. Take it or leave it."

"Deal." Grinek said.

Alicia smiled again.

"I wish you a wonderful day, Mister Grinek."

Alicia rose up and strode out of the private chambers and confidently out of his mansion.

Present.

Alicia walked the paths of Teths ecologically focused cities, drawing stares on account of her gorgeous figure, her Nanite sheath having morphed to make it look like she wore a silvery, metallic business suit, with matching heels.

She was heading back to her ship in order to transmit the news when she stopped, noticing a weapons shop.

Her chassis was able to mount and integrate common Droid weapons, and she had really never done so. Alicia preferred non lethal resolutions to most encounters unless directly ordered or she had no other choice. Her disposition had contributed to be placed as the head of the Diplomatic Nuetralizer program. Grinek had been really quite lucky that Alicia had been the one assigned to bring him to heel. The others, even Miranda, had no patience for this type. Xiphos had grown up in the slums of Nar Shaddaa, where those like he ruled with an iron fist. It was little wonder Xiphos despised them.

Alicia, knowing what she desired, needed only a few minutes to shop for it all.

The man behind the counter glanced at her and her immaculate, curvaceous appearance as she strode up to the counter with a few boxes.

"You don't look like my usual clientele."

"I'm flattered you would notice..." Alicia replied coyly.

The man chuckled, in spite of how off her very presence seemed. How eerily still and precise she was.

"Weapon Licence, please..."

Alicia removed hers and handed it to him, smiling pleasantly.

The man checked the License, whistled.

"You into private security?"

"After a fashion."

The man shrugged. He rang up the charges.

"Fifteen hundred credits please."

Alicia smiled and handed him the credits.

"I do so hope you have a pleasant day, sir."

"Like wise..." he replied, something in the back of his mind screaming a wrongness about her.

Alicia smiled and took her license back along with the boxes, striding out and back to her ship, a Dark Blue Chromium covered H-Type Nubian Yacht.

Alicia, in the privacy of her ship, separated from her Nanite Sheath, which retained it's voluptuous human guise as the black, metallic Droid Skeleton she really was, a Phrik Alloy engine of death, began slowly integrating what he had bought into herself. The Nanite Sheath Alicia headed into the cockpit to check on messages, frowning at the newest burst transmission.

She had received orders to intercept and place a tracker on a Spice shipment before it left the planet. No explanation. There rarely was.

The Nanite Sheath sighed. She had been wanting to go sightseeing.

The Sheath strode back down while the Skeletal Alicia had just finished acquiring her upgrades, seamlessly integrating them into her chassis...

(Fallen Order Upgrade Sound Plays)

(Weapons Acquired!)

Weapon: PEP LASER

Non Lethal Laser generating a conical blast wave that knocks down and incapacitates targets. Short Recharge Time, Low Ammo capacity. High stun damage. High recoil. Point Blank Range

Weapon: EXPLOSIVE DART LAUNCHER

Integrated to her right arm, this can destroy armor and cause panic

Weapon: VERPINE SHATTER PISTOLS

Deadly pair of weapons installed on her left arm that fire in semi Auto, have low range and Average recoil, and high damage, with very small seven shot magazine.

Alicia then re-merged with her sheath and strode out, intent on finding anf locating the Spice Ring.

"Artemis" SBD-571 "Artemis" SBD-571

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Lirka Ka Lirka Ka

The Human

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom