Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Creature Comforts

QANwJxN.jpg

Generally, Amani had never been one to recreationally partake in the imbibing of alcohol. But she would be lying if she said that Alicio's taste in wine hadn't rubbed off on her. The occasional drink for the sake or it, or (debatably) as a prop in some sought-after personal aesthetic to convey sophistication. The ever-encroaching threat of royalty was getting to her head. As were all the logistics that came with it. More than their trip to Alderaan. Far more than when they first started dating. The wedding was real. Permanent. And on the horizon.

With that all said, perhaps the wine was really just a convenient destresser.

Amani had spent all afternoon anxiously awaiting Alicio's return from another long day of senatorial duties. Much of that time was spent finding ways to distract herself from all her fidgeting. This was the most successful strategy thus far. By the time the buzzer heralded his return home, the sun was setting, and she was almost disappointed, having settled into a groove with her latest diversion. But now that he was here, there would be no time to waste. They needed to sit down and get this event sorted. They'd done well holding back so far, but now there was no more putting it off.

Amani opened the door before he could, "Hey!" She pecked his cheek, took anything he might have had in his hands to set aside, "How was work?" She swooped around, helping him take off his cloak or coat or whatever other darkly-colored outerwear he chose to don today, "Good?" She practically shoved him inside and slammed the door shut behind them, all in record time. There was a certain look in her eyes that showed she was operating in overdrive, if everything else hadn't already been enough of an indicator.

Last edited:

AMANI AND ALICIO'S APARTMENT,
CORUSCANT

Bureaucracy was starting to wear Alicio thin.

Back on Alderaan, he had gotten his joy from his work. Sure, the sheer amount of it back then was far from healthy, but he was closer to the people he helped. He could see the hope in their eyes, as he gave them homes, helped them find grants, showed them a way forward. On the senate floor, jockeying with politicians and quietly drumming up support for bills to help the common folk, he was surely helping more people...

But if he was, he couldn't see it from the Assembly walls. And that tired him.

Thankfully, the Senator got all the joy he needed from somewhere else, now. Someone else.

Alicio's eyebrows shot up in surprise as the door to their apartment shot open a moment before he was able to press the button. "Hey," he managed, able to return with a cheek kiss of his own, before practically being shoved into their home.

Amani was a whirlwind around him, stealing away the datapad from his hands, and the jacket from his shoulders. "Work was... fine. Long," he said, tracing the Mirialan's path around him with mildly amused eyes. Then, he looked at the table, noticing the opened bottle of wine, and the look of intensity in Amani's sea-blue eyes.

Alicio smiled wryly, hooking an arm around the Mirialan's waist, attempting to still her by bringing her body close to his.

"Is everything alright, Amani?" His eyes sparkled like riverstones, all hints of fatigue forgotten. "How can I help?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"I noticed," Amani snarked while putting his things away. She stopped in front of him for a moment, and seemed about to make a break for something else, when Alicio reined her in with his arm. It was enough to get the mirialan to slow down.

"Everything's fine, but," Amani smiled at him, resting her hands on his shoulder, "It's time." She said firmly, as if that alone was decipherable enough, "We need to sit down and start getting all this wedding stuff actually sorted out, or we're gonna be old and wrinkly before the ceremony ever happens."

With all the preplanning that would no doubt be necessary to make sure an Alderaanian royal wedding was scheduled and in order, the sooner they could get things started, the better, "So, tonight?" It was phrased like a question, but her tone was a bit more pressing than that, "We can order takeout or something, make an evening out of it." Takeout and wine? Why not?

"It's time."

Alicio needed just a little more explanation than that, as made evident by his mildly confused expression. Which he got, in short order.

"Okay," the Count exclaimed, nodding slowly. "Okay, yeah. Let's figure it out. Tonight." The monumental task of planning a House Organa wedding wasn't lost on him. He'd been feeling the pressure himself, to make their day one to be remembered. He had even been daydreaming, musing on the topic while not laser-focused at his office.

Alicio had rarely seen Amani this... intense, though. The event was obviously worrying her. Which means they would work it out. Together. He smiled warmly at her.

"I'll order," he said, releasing his fiance after a quick forehead kiss, reaching once more for his datapad. "What are you feeling? Ramen? McYoda's? Pizza Hutt?"

He began multitasking almost immediately, typing for a moment on the datapad before clearing their countertop. He picked up the wine for a moment, before seeming to consider it, and placing it deliberately back down, along with his spare datapad, and another glass for him. "Could you... go get the blankets?" Alicio looked up from his device, continuing to type on it as he shot her an apologetic smile.

"This may be a while."

"Great," Amani seemed a bit more relieved when Alicio agreed. It was something that they had effectively forced themselves to hold off on for a little while, but sooner or later they needed to press onward, if they actually wanted to see it through in a timely manner. Especially if they wanted it to be perfect.

"Mmm. Ramen," She nodded, the appeal striking her as soon as he mentioned it, "There's that new place that just opened up nearby. Maybe we could try it? I hear their blue noodles are delicious." With Alicio ordering the food, it was her duty to grab blankets, which she piled up in her arms, taking them from the bedroom. "Here we are," Amani plopped down them on the back of the couch, before snatching her favorite and draping it over her shoulders. "Kay, so, first question:

Where do we want it to be?"
The question that would set the stage for everything else. Alderaan, yes, but specific venues were a whole different beast, "Somewhere in Sanctuary City? Aldera?"

Last edited:

"I think I know the place," Alicio said, nodding along as he found the store on the Holonet, and put in an order.

Amani returned with blankets, and Alicio joined her on the couch, folding one over his lap and placing his datapad atop it. He rarely fell into work mode with Amani around, but he did so now, his focus sharpening to a razor's edge.

"Definitely Sanctuary City," Alicio said, memories playing behind his eyes. "It... holds a special place in my heart. We've had some really good times there." The festival, their first kiss, the proposal... "I can think of a few good venues already. Technically, we could ask about the bubble gardens..." Perhaps it was a bit too on the nose. "There's Thranta Park in the city, or we could go on the beach, just outside city limits, or we could rent an event hall..."

He would let Amani ponder the options for a moment, before moving onto the next bulletpoint. "Ah... How big do we want the wedding to actually be?" He frowned. "Per tradition, as members of the ruling family of Alderaan, we should invite representatives from every Noble House. And I should send an invitation to any senators that wish to go. And I wouldn't mind having a few Jedi around to make sure everything is safe. Combine all that with friends and family..." He sighed. "That's a lot of people."

"We could scale it down, if you... if you want."
He looked to Amani with a question in his eyes.

Amani hopped onto the couch, curling into a blanket-draped ball nestled beside Alicio. She smiled, "That's what I figured," Sanctuary was something of a personal landmark for them. It was only fitting that the wedding be there, too. He threw out a few suggestions, which she took a moment to mull over, "I like the sound of something outdoors. The park would be nice. The bubble garden is actually a pretty good middle ground," Maybe a bit on the nose indeed, but certainly fitting. Tython and Alderaan in one.

The size of the wedding would also play a role, as Alicio was quick to note, "I won't deny that something smaller is appealing. But, I say we go all out. This is our big day, and we probably should be extending all those invitations regardless. Not everyone will show up, anyway," Such was to be expected of an Organa wedding. Snubbing a noble's invitation wasn't really a bother she wanted to deal with. Amani bumped his shoulder with hers, "And we can save the quiet time for our honeymoon…" Which was a whole different matter of its own.

"On the bright side, most of my guests fit the bill for both security and friends," Just about anyone Amani would consider inviting was a Jedi, spare maybe a few outliers, "And I don't exactly have a lot of family to bring…" She chuckled wryly at her own expense, but saying it aloud brought a flicker of a frown to her face, and a sigh to her lips as she remembered what that meant. What might be missed out on. Amani tried to change the subject, "...Mm. Got any particular invites in mind?"

"The bubble garden is actually a pretty good middle ground."

"I'll see if we can rent the space," Alicio said, skewing the Mirialan a grin. They had met on Tython, after all. And the holographic gardens were why he'd invited Amani to Sanctuary City in the first place. It was perfect.

Cheesy, sure, but perfect.

"All out it is," the Count agreed, typing away at his datapad. Honestly, he'd been hoping for that answer. It was Alderaanian tradition, and Alicio cared about the ways of his home planet, as archaic as some of their culture was. Amani's note of their honeymoon brought Alicio a raised eyebrow, and a snort. "I like the sound of a little peace. But, let's please plan just one thing at a time, Serys. If we schedule much else, my head is going to combust."

His oncoming headache didn't hide Amani's sudden poor mood. After studying her a moment, Alicio let an arm rest around her shoulders, letting her know that he was there.

Alicio thought about specific entries to the guest list for a moment, pouring himself a tasteful amount of wine, before cozying next to Amani once more. "Besides family? Honestly, we have a lot of the same friends. Val, Iris, Vera..." He shrugged, staring into the middle distance as he thought. "I just hired Kai on as my bodyguard. I think, contractually, he has to show up." He had a few other ideas as well. Friends in the political sphere that would receive a more personal invitation.

"How do you feel about... inviting Inanna?" He took a sip of his drink, staring into it's contents. He had forgiven the Shi'ido, but he wasn't sure if Amani had.

"Can't have that," Amani giggled, "No head combusting until after we've survived the ceremony." The honeymoon could wait a while longer. Two headaches at once was too much juggle.

Though the mere mention of her lack of family had dampened Amani's spirits, she was able to focus on the positives as Alicio wrapped his arm around her, grounding her. They were planning for a special day. Looking toward the future. She couldn't let the 'what could have been's bring down the experience.

"Mhm,"
Amani affirmed. There was a good amount of overlap in their social circles. Which would at least cut down on size a little bit, "You did? Hope he and Iris don't have any… trouble," It didn't fell right to keep one or the other away from the wedding, so a bit of good old fashioned compromise and maturity was all they could really count on.

The mention of Inanna made Amani blink, "Oh. I guess now's a good a time to mention as any…" She readjusted a bit beside Alicio, "I saw her pretty recently, actually. An event at some nightclub, Inanna showed up and offered an apology. She actually wasn't the only person to that evening," She chuckled, "But uh- We buried the hatchet. And I… already invited her. And her fiancé." A cheeky grin spread across her face.

"As for the rest, I'll probably send a general invite to members of the NJO, for any who might be interested in coming. And maybe we can leave some room for plus-ones, families, etcetera. How's that sound?"

"Agreed," he said, with a playful smirk. "Let's leave all the fireworks for the honeymoon."

"You did? Hope he and Iris don't have any… trouble."

It was Alicio's turn to darken. "I visited Kai plenty, while he was serving his sentence. I don't know how much you know, but they... aren't allowing him to return to the Order. I think... he needed somewhere to belong, to contribute. To be reminded he was worth something. And I needed some extra protection... and I don't mind having a friend at my side, either." His eyes glittered for a moment, before cooling again. "Match made in heaven."

"We'll just have to seat him and Iris apart,"
he noted, growing a bit of his old humor back.

The rest of Amani's guest plans sounded perfect to Alicio, who showed his pleasure by nodded and massaging the Mirialan's shoulder. "Good." Alicio suddenly turned his head up, as if listening for something.

Then their doorbell rang. The Count extricated himself from the couch, his headrush carrying an epiphany with it.

"That reminds me; food!" Alicio was quick to pay their delivery driver, returning to the living room with two to-go boxes of azure ramen, which he placed on their table. "We probably don't need to talk about it much. I can get a tasting scheduled. House Organa's cooking staff are some of the best in the galaxy."

He looked down at his noodles, suddenly very hungry. Had he eaten today? He couldn't remember.

"Unless we want to eat ramen instead, because this smells delicious..."

"Ohhh~" Amani grinned mischievously, leaning in a bit closer, "I like the sound of that."

As for Kai, Alicio had been in his corner for some time. At least, when it came to giving the boy a second chance, "I know," she sighed. Amani was on the Council after all. She knew he wasn't being allowed back in, "I'm glad you've been there for him. I… would've liked to visit more, but…" Amani trailed off. Part of her felt like she was making an excuse. Work was busy, but there were still times she couldn't gone, yet didn't. She wouldn't say it aloud, but there was part of her that was a bit torn by the rift between him and Iris. Still, Amani meant what she said. Kai needed the support if he was going to return to some sense of normalcy. He deserved a second chance. "Seated apart, then," She nodded.

Alicio perked up moments prior to the doorbell ringing. Their food had arrived, and Amani popped her hands out from beneath the blanket to take her still steaming box of noodles, "Thaaank you~" She lilted. The Count's idea for food was quickly proposed, and hard to argue. Food fit for royalty. It didn't get much better than that, "Don't have to convince me. In-house catering it is."

Although these noodles were certainly coming close. Amani poured a packet of savory sauce into her container, and stirred it around with her chopsticks before pulling up a tangle of blood noodles. She slurped it down, and hummed contently, "Tastes just as delicious, too." After a few more bites of heaven, Amani pulled her focus back to wedding plans, "Mmm. Okay, so… Venue: check. Guests: check. Catering: check. What else?"

"A few other hirees, I suppose. A photographer. A florist. Oh, and officiant. Maybe musicians? If you know any in particular, feel free to suggest, otherwise I suppose we can hold off until it's closer to the actual date..." Amani tapped her chin. It couldn't be this easy, could it? Sure there was still the matter of actually hiring and scheduling through no small amount of calls, but she was surprised by the efficiency thus far.

"It's not too late to be there for him." Alicio straightened his lips. "I don't know for sure, but... I think he'd like having you in his life too. It's... something to think about."

Alicio moved on to other topics, but not before handing Amani her food.

Watching the blanket ball that was his fiancé stick her hands out for her ramen, Alicio found an amused chuckle. Cute.

He sat back down, digging into his own food, with a similar reaction. He spent a moment longer, simply relishing the noodles, enjoying the moment, before responding. "I don't know any of them in particular. I'm sure we can find most of them closer to the date... As far as officiants go, I never really... grew up with religion, so I don't hold any attachments to those Alderaanian traditions."

"If we want that, there is a priestess of Grimtaash I know. Maybe I could ask her. Or we could get a Jedi to do it." He wasn't sure if there even were any traditional Jedi wedding ceremonies.

Amani nodded, and fell silent for a few moments of introspection, "…Yeah. I'd like to try." Now that Kai was out, and working with Alicio no less, it was bound to be more common, anyway.

Most of the other staff they needed to hire out didn't have a particular front-runner, nor were they needed quite so soon. The choice of an officiant was of a bit more pertinence, but similarly uncertain. Alicio mentioned a priestess of Grimtaash, the concept of which Amani was only passingly familiar with. It would fit well enough given the context. "There's not exactly a lot of Jedi trained to oversee weddings," She chuckled. After all, for much of Jedi history, the concept of marriage was prohibited. Perhaps in modern times, there would be some that were familiar with broader practices, "We could have Mebita do it," Amani shrugged, "As the village elder, it is part of her duty to oversee local marriages."

"We'd- probably have to get her caught up on her Basic,"
She chuckled again, "But it's an option." That said, given it was still technically an Alderaan wedding, perhaps sticking to something more classically Alderaanian would be for the best. Amani was evidently not too conflicted either way, "In any case, I actually would like to invite her, whether its to play a role in the ceremony or not."

"…Yeah. I'd like to try."

Alicio studied Amani with a curious eye. Kai needed support. He had the potential to be a caring, heroic, amazing person. He already was, in many ways. Alicio could see it without the need for future-sight. All it would take was the right people in his life, to get him to see it, too.

The suggestion of Mebita officiating their wedding brought a surprised grin to his face. He'd enjoyed the lavender-skinned Mirialan's presence immensely. Besides, they were getting married on Alderaan with many of Alicio's traditional customs observed. It was only fair that they mixed in a little more of Amani's culture. "I would love to have Mebita do it, if she was comfortable speaking in front of... so many nobles, politicians, and Jedi."

It wasn't just Mebita they would be observing. All those eyes would be on them, moreso now than ever.

"Okay, last thing I think we need before we start making calls tonight..." He fully turned his body towards Amani, sitting criss-cross on the couch. "When? A month from now? Six? Tomorrow...?" He snickered at that last one. "The sooner, the better, I think. Not that I want to rush it, but... I'll rest easier, when it's all done."

Amani grinned, "Good point. I'll make sure to ask her," When she went to get her wedding dress. Although those details she kept secret from Alicio for now. He would see it on the day of the ceremony.

Most everything else was sorted out, besides getting all the calls made. Except of course, deciding on the date. Amani shifted awkwardly in her blanket ball to face Alicio in turn, "Well, it probably depends on when the venus can be made available…" She snickered back, "But, a few months, maybe. I also don't wanna sit on it forever, especially now that we've got things sorted out. But I also wanna make sure it's not clashing with too many other events, y'know?" Giving it room to breathe would be for the best, she figured. And getting a sense for anything else upcoming would be a good way to go about that.

"Until then," She leaned in close to him, popping out of the blanket, "It's not like things are gonna be much different around here…" Her eyes fluttered flirtatiously. Then again, maybe her tune would change after getting married. As cheesy as it sounded, was it possible to be more in love than this?

"But, a few months, maybe. I also don't wanna sit on it forever, especially now that we've got things sorted out. But I also wanna make sure it's not clashing with too many other events, y'know?"

Alicio quirked a smile. "I know." They would go slow, but it would be well worth the wait. As seemed to be the theme of their relationship.

After all, what good would their wedding be if their guests were stolen by a gala half-way across the galaxy?

Amani turned towards him, then, ditching her nest to break the distance between them. "No, I suppose not," he murmured back, offering a brief kiss to his fiancé. The tiniest of tastes of what was to come.

"Buuuuut when we're married, I can start calling you 'Your Excellency'," he said, chuckling a little, before mixing a bit more seriousness in his words. He laid a careless hand on Amani's leg, tracing mindless patterns with his finger on her skin.

"Do you... feel ready for that? To be a 'Your Excellency'?"

Amani hummed contently when Alicio gave her a kiss, and plopped back down to eat some more of her ramen. Then he pointed out something that had somehow yet to cross her mind tonight. When all was said and done, Amani Serys would be Countess Amani Serys-Organa. She paused mid-bite, dumbstruck that it had completely slipped her mind.

"…Huh," Amani swallowed, and offered Alicio an anxious smile, "…I do," She set aside her food once more, and took hold of the hand that was grazing her leg, "I am ready to be your wife. Whatever else comes with that is just… a bonus." It was never about the titles, of course, but it couldn't be denied that they would be a part of her life going forward. Her conviction outweighed her nerves; It would be worth it. All of it, "Do you feel ready?"

Alicio happily accepted Amani's hand, picking up on her worry. He scoured her eyes, dark sky meeting deep sea. He'd given her a heavy weight, one that he was happy to share, but also knew just how burdensome it could be.

"Do you feel ready?"

He gave the Mirialan an amused smirk, a mischievous glint in his eye. "To be your husband?" Kicking the blanket off of himself, he stood up, and lifted Amani into a bridal carry, one arm cradling her back, the other hooked under her legs. "More than ready."

"I meant what I said, on our thranta ride. I can't imagine my life without you, and I'm... really excited... for our next step."
In all honesty, he'd been ready to marry Amani from the moment she'd told him she loved him. But he was glad he'd waited to ask.

"I just... I don't want you to feel overwhelmed by it all. The nobility, the title..." Alicio smiled down at the love of his life. "I'll support you however I can, Your Excellency."

Amani studied his eyes in turn, hardly noticing the growing smirk until she was suddenly hoisted up Alicio's arms, electing a squeak of surprise from his bride-to-be. She grinned, and hearing him say the words 'your husband' aloud only made her grin wider. While he spoke, she simply admired him in silence, "Me too."

Amani then rested her hand against Alicio's cheek, to keep him looking at her, "As long as we're together, we can do anything," Around him, she felt unstoppable. No matter how overwhelming the titles, the ranks, the expectations, they couldn't hold a candle to how Alicio made her feel. It was, and would be, worth it, "I've got a few things to learn, I'd imagine, but…" She smirked, and shrugged, "We'll have all the time in the world."

"I love you,"
Amani pulled Alicio down to kiss him, "But you knew that already."

Perhaps the best unintented consequence of Alicio's newfound muscles from lightsaber training was his ability to lift his fiancé into the air. He let her guide his chin down towards her, relishing having her so close.

"Anything," he affirmed, spinning around with Amani in his arms. "No matter what the galaxy throws at us."

"I love you. But you knew that already."

"Like I could ever forget." Amani guided his face down for a kiss, and he greedily obliged the Jedi. Alicio took a subconscious step towards their bedroom, before having to stop himself with a chuckle.

No. Bad Alicio.

"Sorry. We shouldn't get... carried away." The Count set Amani back on the couch, chortling to himself. Scooping up one of his datapads, Alicio started making calls, absently walking as he talked.

"Hello, this is the line for the Holographic Gardens, yes? This is Alicio Organa. I was just calling to inquire about..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom