Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Public Events

So I have only been around here for a month or so, and I am really enjoying it. But one thing I noticed is the somewhat lack of “public events.”

Maybe it is just me, again I haven’t been here long, but the only major events I have seen are Invasions, Dominions, or Faction-Based. The addition of some sort of event for everyone I feel could be a Cool and interesting concept.

For example: Competitions. Say on Lothal a group is hosting a creature race. Any person can join with any creature. The winner would receive a prize. Simple event that anyone can join.

Now I know this all comes down to someone setting up the event, which takes time. But maybe also adding a “public events calendar” so everyone can see when these would happen.

Literally a idea I had sitting here at my desk. Not sure if this has been done before, I have no idea. Please write below what your thoughts are about this. Thanks!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei - Staff used to run "Galactic Events" long ago. They impacted our Timeline. However, these proved too taxing on Staff resources to continue indefinitely. Thusly, the onus on creating "Big Events" or "The Next Big Thing" fell completely on the shoulders of the community. And it still does. We even had a sub-forum for getting people together to build them once upon a time. Alas. It gathered more dust than anything. (See: Jay's Chicken Invasion of the Whole Galaxy for more.)

Now. If you desire this type of RP. Here are the steps to follow to achieve it.
  1. LFG in the LFG forum and get people together to build it
  2. Build and staff the whole thing (The whole thing)
  3. Approach Staff with a comprehensive plan on how they can support your already-built/massively supported thing
  4. Launch it
  5. Profit

Cheers! :D

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

You're more than welcome to organise public events and run them, or work with others to create public events.

Staff will pin a calendar thread if you're looking to run some cool one-off public threads.

Or do what JSC above (refuse to use his new display name...) says. Gather a team, get a plan. Staff will give you some advice, will pin your thread whilst it runs and can announce it in the Discord.

Actual board events...they're a monumental amount of work and I don't have the time or energy for it anymore (Omega flashbacks). But anyone wants to go smaller scale doesn't need our permission and if we can provide limited help we're happy to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom