Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a new Martial Art

So as the title suggests I'm looking to develop a new style of fighting. It would be a completely roleplaying element that I think would really fit my character well. It'd be something along the lines of beskar smithing only along the lines of a personalized armor set as right now my character would be the only person that knows it. Nicair is obsessed with hand to hand fighting and uses a tomahawk and a beskad, both of those weapons would be considered unorthodox in the star wars universe let alone at the same time. That and his knowledge and skill with using his own body as a weapon would lead to his curiosity in just doing his own thing.

I'd develop it using my own personal knowledge of both military and civilian martial arts like sogo ryu bujutsu or taekwondo just to name a couple. I assure you all with my own love of the craft I will make sure that the techniques he would develop are effective and, being developed by him, brutal. I was just wondering how I would go about doing this as I don't believe anyone else has.

Thoughts?

[member="Nicair Claden"]

Get into lots of fights with lots of people and develop it on the go?
Maybe go around asking some prominent duelists for opinions / suggestions / sparring.

Have fun with it, basically. Don't let it be just drab research. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom