Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Creating A Competitive Streak

44ab055d71dc36755a77cc732953c159.png

Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Z9U36lL.png

He believed that Lily was correct, if I wanted to be a knight, he had to know how to fight. Whether that be with a lightsaber, The Force or some kind of combination of them. Even though Lily was rather cocky her attitude wasn’t unwarranted, but it was still friendly. She beat him largely absent from her weapon. Seemingly using it more as a shield for her unarmed combat.

She also answered the question he had. Honestly Ko would likely get confused when trying to differentiate between different Echani. He even had a hard time telling apart many different near-human races. Also he listened to how combat seemed to really heighten the way people like her communicate through the motion of their bodies. At least that’s how it sounded to him.

Eventually though Ko involuntarily sagged his shoulders some after Lily described him as being like a toddler with how he conducted himself in the lens of their combative body language. “Well, Thanks Lily, for explaining all that. It's a really interesting and unique perspective. I feel kinda inadequate though, I don’t see myself having any real wisdom to pass to you in kind. At least nothing that seems very relevant.” Ko expressed, glancing over at her with a slight tilt with his head. He knew a fair bit about botany and animal handling. But that generally wasn’t very practical information for someone who seemed to be an aspiring Jedi Guardian, or even a Consular to that fact. The two were very different in who they were as people. A warrior princess and a studious outdoorsmen were too things that didn’t scream cross compatibility.

Maybe if he was more in his element he would’ve performed much better however, and could use the environment more to his advantage. The dojo they were in was a pretty neutral environment. “Hmm, next time we spar I’m gonna wanna choose a different setting. Something more dynamic I think. I promise you’ll be the one tapping out then.” Ko chuckled, somewhat mimicking Lily earlier with a hidden wink of his own and nudging her shoulder as well. Already thinking ahead and expressing his desire for a rematch with his Echani padawan.

Outfit: Training Gear
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Seeing Ko's shoulders sag, Lily realised her words had offended him in some manner. "I just mean... When you first learn a new language, speaking with someone fluent in it, they barely understand your words, you jumble, mispronounce and are stumbling in the sentence. It is not horrible thing and does not mean you can't get better but when everyone around me is speaking like that when they fight. It... It makes me miss home where there are those who fight and communicate more like me when fighting." Hoping that explanation would go down better, it was hard to put it into words, especially when Galactic Basic was not her first nor preferred way to communicate.

"There is plenty that you know on that I do not." She sighed, "I don't mean to make you feel inadequate, I just come from a very different life. When using the Force, you are leagues ahead of me, I could never do the things you can do with the Force during a fight." Lily hoped that would lift the spirits of Ko.

Lily giggled and raised an eyebrow, "oh, you think you can take me on in a rematch? More I train as a Jedi, the more dangerous I'll get so you better be a quick study too." She teased, not refusing the opportunity to fight again in the future. She bit her bottom lip thinking about the different places she could spar with others since the training rooms seemed to favour her more from what she could guess from Ko's words.

Z9U36lL.png

Ko listened more, he didn’t really think that she needed to explain herself, it wasn’t hard for him to understand what Lily meant. Appreciating the effort to lift his spirits some more than the explanation. Looking back at her through his goggles Ko nodded. “We just have different skill sets that have their purpose. I suppose I should really just try playing to my strengths more.” Ko could do well against multiple adversaries at range but against a skilled close quarters combatant he came up short.

“Well I’d hope so, maybe that can be a challenge for the two of us. Pushing each other to be better, you to build and maintain a winning streak, while I work hard to break it. How does that sound, Lily?” His tone had taken a more friendly and optimistic turn now. Already thinking where might be an interesting place for them to challenge each other next. Personally he was thinking of somewhere outdoors. Maybe in a forest along a river. Ko thought that would be cool. “I probably wanna do my homework too. What you’ve said about your Echani heritage is really interesting I think and has piqued my interest.” How could he not be fascinated by a culture of people who prefer to communicate through a sort of martial dance?

Nodding her head, "I am sure that learning how to lean into your strengths and building a fighting style around that will make you more formidable in the future Ko." There was sincerity in her voice, she truly did wish to help Ko become a skilled fighter if that was what he wished to be. She was not aiming to put anyone below her, that was never her intentions when it came to fighting.

"Winning streaks aren't something I wish for. But learning how to combat the Force and becoming a stronger fighter by being able to adapt, that will make our fights more interesting for me." If Lily wanted glory and winning streaks then she would fight in fighting pits and competitions but that wasn't sparring and combat for her. It was something deeper, something more special than a tool. "But I look forward to sparring more, perhaps the more we spar, the closer we become as friends then." Lily suggested, there was Echani ways of building friendships and courting through sparring, but Lily didn't think beyond the friendship with Ko. He was younger than her and for now still a stranger.

Tilting her head, "if you wish to know more, you can always ask me but there are some decent records on my people. My aunt ensured they were accurate and detailed when she joined the Order." Lily had checked out the information when she first arrived and was impressed how on much Kat had added and what was there before Kat had decided to add.

Z9U36lL.png

Hearing Lily’s response made Ko fear that he seemed a bit immature. Thinking of it all in a more competitive sense. Clearly Echani viewed it all very differently compared to him who saw it more like sport. Seemed to be another thing that made the two that more different, just their perspectives. It also made him realize why she seemed a bit more reluctant to spar with him earlier.

Ko tilted his head back about the idea of the sparring being a way to bond. “You think so?” He asked almost rhetorically. “Yeah I guess so, going off of what you’ve shared with me today.” The Kel Dor wasn’t sure how deep a friendship could go built on combat and sparring. Not able to recall anything from his own heritage that would be of a similar nature. He also thought the idea of a training partner was nice. Even before becoming a padawan Ko didn’t get help as often as his contemporaries. Not that he was in any way self taught.

“It sounds like your aunt has taught you a lot. It seems like I’ll learn from her some too when I get around to checking out records here in the archives.” The Kel Dor could only imagine how tough she might be if they’re who trained Lily.

Lily giggled as she noted the realisation in Ko, "don't fret, you aren't immature for thinking about competitive streaks and such. There are many Echani who enjoy fighting like that and who jump into competitions with the intentions of winning and becoming the best." Lily explained, in attempts for Ko to realise she did not look down at him for the suggestion, just it wasn't her preference or way of thinking. "I just, I am not a competitive person. I would rather work together and lift others up than be beating them down and declaring myself superior." Lily mentioned.

"She's a Jedi Master, a Healer here at the temple." Lily explained, "she taught be the traditional fighting Forms of our people and the way my family use and interpret such fighting styles. She also attempted to teach some of the basics in the Force and ways of the Jedi behind my mother's back. However, she couldn't teach me too much." She shrugged, "my aunt is a great fighter, gotta be careful of her legs. They are prosthetics so completely metal and attacking them will hurt you more than her." Lily knew all too well the strong defences that her aunt had due to her legs.

Lily then looked to Ko, "I look forward to sparring more in the future." She offered a warm smile to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom