Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Creating A Competitive Streak

44ab055d71dc36755a77cc732953c159.png

Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Z9U36lL.png

The distinctive screeching of lightsaber blades colliding with one another echoed in and out of the dojo room. There radiant rods of blue and green dance around Ko and his opponent, an old lightsaber training droid. Their weapon’s set to the lowest settings to avoid causing any real damage.

Moment’s prior they were engaged in speedy Form I Velocities. The choreographed mock dual was rather basic but fast. Ko was no martial arts master but the heightened reflexes afforded to him by his species gave him a notable edge.

But now he’d moved onto a more genuine dual against the droid. Almost pulling out a victory before his mechanical opponent raised their hand. Using built in repulsors to mimic a Force Push and knocking Ko back and onto the ground. “Gah!” He exclaimed as he slid back some on the floor. “O-Okay I think that’s enough for now.” He said to the droid who simply walked back to a corner of the room and deactivated into an idle state.

It was frustrating to counter the pseudo-telekinetic push since it didn’t rely on any Force energies to sense and anticipate. It made Ko wish he could contend with a living opponent instead like one of his fellow padawans. But a good chunk of his contemporaries had masters now and were more regularly going out on missions away from the Temple. Picking himself back up, Ko patted and dusted off his jobs after getting knocked to the floor. He wondered if perhaps he should stick to training more as an academic than a fighter.

The thought was a little disheartening. Being that he looked up a lot to his older brother when he was much younger. Who’d come soldier before Ko even joined the NJO, and he wanted to be more like his big brother.

Outfit: Training Gear
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Lily was sat in the middle of her training room. The weights that she had placed near her were floating around. Albeit unsteadily, they were floating which for Lily was a great sense of achievement. She had three, nearly four weights, floating around her with only light wobbly motions. The fourth was being the trickiest with it wobbling very erratically and threatening to disturb her meditative state. However, once she shifted them all together and started to stack them one by one. Lily felt a bond through them that strengthened her abilities to hold all four. It was as if she was standing there, holding them up. Similar to free weight training while doing squats, it was the image she used to ensure that remained focused.

Breathing out slowly, she continued to hold them there till she felt the Force threatening once more to burst from her body. The sensation felt like something was attempting to tear through a prison that she had been attempting to build in her mind. It was terrifying but also saddening since she didn't want to keep the Force trapped like that, but it was too dangerous otherwise in her opinion.

At least with the weights stacking like they were, she settled them down gently. Hoping to impress Master Valery Noble Valery Noble on her return. She was eager to demonstrate her progress and hoped that seeing the positive impression she had left on Lily, she find some comfort. It was perhaps silly, and stemming from a lack of understanding of one could feel enduring whatever it was that the Jedi Master had faced out there. However, it was all that Lily could think to offer in terms of hope.

Using a towel to wipe the sweat from her body, Lily was eager to get back and shower, unfortunately for her there was still more training to do. She had practiced her Force abilities for the morning, now she needed to work on the physical training. Stepping from her room, she could hear another student training nearby. Curious to see what was happening, Lily went to investigate. She noted a Kel-Dor was training with a droid. It was curious, droids... Lily held no disrespect for droids, they held their uses but in combat? How was a droid ever meant to communicate elegantly enough, share emotions it cannot feel?

Watching, she noted the precise moment the droid was going to succeed, and sighed. It was telegraphed in big, shouty ways that only she would have perceived but they were there. It was if the Kel-Dor was fighting someone who could not speak clearer than a toddler but could only shout the words. It was brass, simplistic and dumb, the words she could only describe it as.

"The droid telegraphed the Force Push two moves before it blasted you, by the way..." Lily blurted out, she only placed her hand on her mouth after the sentence was stated, her mind focused so much on the ugly language of the droid that she did not think about what she was saying. "Apologies, just, in future you want to observe the movements, while you might not sense the Force, droids give other big indicators of what they are about to do."

"Lily Decoria, Jedi Padawan." Lily extend a hand as she introduced herself.

Z9U36lL.png

For a moment Ko didn’t realize there was a spectator. As he rubbed his shoulder that he fell onto just moments prior. But his body and stature perked up after hearing someone else’s voice. Looking over to see a pale young woman who seemed to be spectating him. She seemed pretty human but also possibly not, it was hard to tell. Just as soon as he saw her, she seemed a bit embarrassed by her words and apologies.

Under his mask Ko gave a warm smile, which was only really expressed through the friendly tone in his voice. “No worries, and thanks for the advice.” After she introduced herself he shook her hands with his clawed digits. “Nice to meet you Miss Decoria. I’m Ko Vuto, Jedi Padawan.” He replied somewhat mimicking her own introduction before pulling his hand back.

“Sadly my saber skills are a little rusty. Who would’ve guessed that they wouldn’t be all that practical back when I was growing plants and forestry.” Ko chuckled some from his own words. Expressing that his abilities with the lightsaber had atrophied from his agricultural work. The few times a weapon was needed, blasters and old slug throwers were more useful. Even with a lightsaber he didn’t wanna get all that close to dangerous wildlife if he didn’t need to. Going against an angry armadid might make any jedi think twice about fully discrediting blaster technology.

Looking over her through his goggles Ko surmised that Lily was likely training like he was. “Say Lily, if you’re not busy with anything I could really appreciate a sparring partner for a bit? I don’t get a lot of opportunities to really test myself and go against living opponents with a lightsaber.” Ko was more adept at dealing with blaster wielding opponents than real one on one engagements, even struggling against the droid like before.

Last edited:

"Ko. Pleasure to meet you." Lily was familiar with being called Miss Decoria but tended to be by servants or those who were considered beneath her station, however, Ko was a fellow Jedi Padawan, technically they were of the same rank yet he called her Miss. It was strange but perhaps something connected to the Kel-Dor as a race. Lily was not familiar with their customs all too well so she wasn't too sure.

Lily was surprised that someone would let skills get rusty, even if they were doing other things, could they not find the time to train between tasks? Lily would never be able to cope without training her skills in combat. "Letting your skills get rusty is a shame. Can be hard to retrain them to be as effective as they were once." Lily stepped more into the training room, her hand touched the training saber that was clipped to her waistband and then looked back at Ko as he suggested that they train together.

She tilted her head, his skills were rusty and he still wished to fight her, either he was desperate to fight a losing battle or he did not know she was Echani. However, she was curious in what he had to say during the fight and wanted to listen to the words of his body. Each person she had sparred with so far had brought a unique and interesting conversation for her to mull over.

"I will spar with you Ko. Do you wish to set any rules or restrictions to our spar, besides the obvious Lightsaber settings put at stun?" Lily offered him the chance to set the rules, she was curious to how Jedi fought still and wanted to see how it differed to the Echani ways.

Igniting her training saber, Lily took her position opposite him, standing firmly in her Echani combat stance with her weapon in hand. Her skills with the Lightsaber forms were not yet perfected so she preferred using the Echani stances while she was still in early training.

Z9U36lL.png

Ko nodded long some to Lily’s words. Agreeing that it was a shame to let his skills in combat weaken over time. “Developing my knowledge and connection with the Living Force had somewhat been more of a priority for me a few years back. Sensing the environment around me and promoting its health.” He confesses, although his martial prowess took a hit, his Force abilities had taken their place in some ways to make up for it.

He wanted to try and fight Lily for a few reasons. He didn’t know of her own skills nor was he interested in getting his butt kicked. In fact he saw his lack of knowledge about Lily as valuable. How often realistically would he fight an opponent out in the field and know full well what their capabilities were. Strength to avoid. Weaknesses to exploit. Ko believed he needed to be ready for curveballs in his future and believed this run in with the pale padawan was an excellent opportunity to start with that early.

Through concealed eyes he watched as the young Echani took to the opposite side of the room as him. Hearing her words he smirked a bit from her question about there being any promised rules or restrictions.
“Not really, other than low power for our sabers and generally avoiding subjecting each other to any serious injuries. I think we should give each other all that we got. Only holding the sake of each other's wellbeing.” He explained before finally igniting his own green lightsaber.

“In fact, I would even propose there to be a wager. Real fights always have at least something at stake don’t they? I don’t really have much to give or lose though. Maybe bragging rights should be the victor’s award? Haha!” Ko added with a friendly laugh at the end. Maybe putting that out there might encourage Lily to take it more seriously. Did she really wanna have someone like Ko bragging about beating her in a sparring match? After his suggestion he took a somewhat neutral guard stance with his weapon. Blade held out in front towards Lily. It was simple and reflective of his basic Shii-Cho training.

"The Living Force?" Lily exposed her standing as a very new student to the whole Force situation, she had little to no understanding of the Force, differences on the views. She was curious about how many differing views on the Force, especially if there were ways that could help her with her struggles. "It can be hard to find balance between training one set of skills and another." Lily mentioned, to not be so harsh on the other Padawan for failing to keep his skills up in the combat forms.

Watching Ko adopt the first Lightsaber form's opening stance, Shii-Cho, it was a good stance and Lily could already tell that a Master in the Form would be a solid warrior that would do well. However, she was not sure how well that Ko could wield the skills and stand up to her talents in combat. Her eyes were observing the strengths and weaknesses of her opponent but Ko mentioned about the stakes of the fight. That the winner would get bragging rights which seemed unfair in her mind. She would be staking her reputation as an Echani and someone with skills in fighting, compared to fighting someone who was more lacking in combat.

"But I would be risking every with no rewards. There would be no benefits of bragging about defeating you?" Lily blurted out, not even considering how her words might be seen as offending or hurtful. She just assumed being honest about the weighted stakes of the fight was the fair and honest thing to do.

Moving forward, her movements were guarded, her emotions held back for now. The first strike was fast, short, similar to saying "hi" to a stranger. An introductory strike that would show her to be honest, sharp and quick. Although she could also come across as cold and calculating, the risks of not putting everything on the line.

Z9U36lL.png

Lily’s words were a little disheartening to Ko, so easily she seemed to discredit him. But he took what she said in stride and smirked under his mask. “Hehe, already so dismissive of my capabilities huh? Sure you might not gain much to be able to brag about beating me. But it might be pretty embarrassing if I manage to beat you.” There was a bit of a laugh that escaped through his mask from his little taunt.

It was probably true she would be little benefit in her gaining bragging rights. Lily might have nothing to gain but did she really want a relative novice like Ko bragging about beating her? His words were to let her know that even if she didn't realize it, there was still at least something at stake for her too and to still take it seriously. Soon enough they Lily engaged with not much more than a jab, testing the waters perhaps. His response was to keep his blade between himself and hers with a snappy black as well as managing his distance from his opponent. Backstepping a bit and keeping his eyes and focus on Lily rather than her weapon.

He wasn’t familiar with Echani style martial arts or their significance as a form of expression and communication. His body language portrayed himself as cautious, likely from the confidence she expressed over likely being the victor. Before finally making a move of his own, stepping in a diagonal motion to Lily’s left with a rather broad swing of his green lightsaber to go for her side. Reflective of the simplistic “tutorial” lightsaber form he was most familiar with. Replying to her “Hi” with a “Good how are you?” although not really intentionally.

"But then I would have to believe there was a chance you could win?" Lily stated, while she normally wasn't dismissive of a person's fighting capabilities from the start, she could not help but put Ko in where she thought his place was in terms of combat capabilities. If someone was going to challenge this way, then they should not be someone who also admitted to be slacking in their training as well. Lily had been training since she was a young child daily in how to fight. Few could confess to such dedication.

Reading his body language, it seemed that her words were affecting his resolve, it was curious. He was attempting to suggest that he held a chance to win, yet his body language seemed to be cautious and unsure, not the expressions she would expect from someone believing they held a chance. "If you truly believe you hold a chance at victory, then you need to back it with confidence, your movements are lacking that. You are informing me that you believe my words more than your own." Lily critique in hopes of bring some competitive edge to Ko. While she may be confident in her victory, she was also eager to find someone willing to keep up with her skills.

His movements replying to her greeting were curious, it was clear that he held no understanding of such actions. Unless one was training deeply in Echani ways, they would just be fighting wordlessly. Her blade parried, guided his away from her as she flicked her leg sharply forward to strike at his knee. It was an aggressive move but she was curious at how he would react to her actions beyond the meeting of blades. "I am doing very well, enjoying this warm up. How are you?" It was bold, brass reply in her movements but she also knew he would not be able to comprehend them so felt able to let loose and be more cocky with her speech.

Z9U36lL.png

Ko winced a little bit under his mask at getting kicked in the knee. As it clearly caught him off guard. “Oof, Yeah I suppose that’s fair. Perhaps I just shouldn’t be underselling myself.” To the Kel Dor padawan there was something a little fun about the way they seemed to play off each other's words. The two students seemingly have their own ways to spark the spirit of competitiveness in one another. Stepping back some he added. “You’re right, and it sounds like it’s just you that I should prove wrong, but also myself.”

Ko was starting to wonder if this might be more of an uphill battle than he originally thought, or if he bit off more than he could chew. But maybe sipped more than he could swallow in his case. Still though he could feel a bit of a desire to win brewing within himself. Just to prove he wasn’t as much of a slouch as she seemed to think he was. A smirk formed under his mask before finally acting again with something considerably more complicated.

The Kel Dor drew his lightsaber back some before tossing it at Lily. Saber throws were a maneuver he’d been practicing on the side lately. The blade wooshed and spun through the air towards Lily and followed close behind it. He had expected his pale sparring partner to not get hit and knock away the blade. But in the split seconds Ko performed an acrobatic leap to close the distance and after his thrown saber made contact with either her or her blade Ko would summon his weapon back to him before finishing off with a downward strike as he fell from the apex of his leap. Performing a rather elaborate combo.

His body language sort of devolved a bit in clear communication. Not that he was really trying to anyways since he was unaware of that whole aspect of combat that Echani seemed to hold dear. But one could interpret his more bold movements and actions as “Doing great, and thanks for asking!” As well possibly asking if Lily would wanna turn things up a notch. What was very clear though was that he was changing up from the more cautious energy he had before to a more competitive and sporty attitude.

It seemed that her words had impacted Ko but not necessarily in a negative way, she was relieved to see such comments had been taken in the honest but critical manner and not the rude and hurtful manner that some others might take such words. She nodded her head, she was glad that he was aiming to prove not just herself but himself incorrect in his views on how this fight might go. A losing mentality would only ensure that the loss was guaranteed. Lily noticed the changes in his movements and started predicting the ways that he was going to follow up her movements.

The big and bold movements while replied to her question, they were also clear on what his next move would be as well. With the saber coming towards her, there was the temptation to pull it into her hand and remove all chances of Ko holding a blade, but she wasn't confident in her ability to grip the hilt and ensure it went into her hand. Instead, she took the safer option, blocking the attack at the final moment to send the Lightsaber back towards Ko. It was highlighting her precision and accuracy with a weapon.

His downward strike was hitting thin air as Lily rolled away from the attack to the side. She positioned herself to be able to strike at his already sore knee. Kicking at it again from the side, she wasn't going bold but attempting a subtler approach that would win her the fight over time. It was a little sneaky but also was highlighting her patience and cool demeanour during fights. While the kick struck towards the knee, she did a clear, elaborate strike towards Ko's head. Attempting to draw his focus there and not on her foot attempting to connect with his knee again.

Her movements were humourous in tone and clearly enjoying the idea of turning things up a notch. "Sure, if you think you can handle the fire, give it everything you got." Lily signalled back with her body language.

Z9U36lL.png

His attacks weren’t connecting yet especially as Lily dodge the committed downward strike. Rolling back and covering her next move with a clear attack to his head. Which he later found out was a bit of a ruse for another strike to his knee. Given that Ko had just finished his own little combo attack he wasn’t quite prepared for Lily’s. He blocked her blade with his own to protect his head, but he didn't quite have a very solid stance. So the moment she went for his knees again he crumbled.

Ko’s body collapsed some, not yet having managed to recover by getting his legs and feet into a sturdy stance. Lily’s knee kick did more than she probably meant for it to. The Kel Dor fell onto his back and shoulder some, and his lightsaber deactivated. Trying to move quickly to get out of such a vulnerable position. Rolling away from his sparring partner just a bit before bringing his back against the floor behind him and performing a dynamic kick up. Rapidly getting himself up on his feet again and igniting his green blade once more.

Lily seemed to be having a good deal of success with her unarmed strikes. Despite the situation Ko was smiling and enjoyed the idea of getting her back for that. "Glad we're in agreeance, like I said, no holding back." He would try and overcome the growing soreness in his knee and advanced towards Lily. Using his lightsaber to engage hers in a bind. Maneuvering his blade to give himself some good leverage over hers and move it out of the way. Trying to create enough of an opening for his real attack and close the distance a lot more. Similarly to how she covered her strike to his need with a strike to the head.

One of Ko’s hands would quickly let go of his lightsaber and strike out towards Lily’s centermass. Performing a mix of an open hand palm strike to her chest that was also enhanced with a mild Force Push in an attempt to knock her back some. Ko wasn’t a very adept bladesman by his own admission so he’d try to integrate the most powerful weapon in his arsenal, The Force.

It wasn't difficult for her to assess that Ko was feeling the soreness in his knee building. In fact that only encouraged her, she was eager to demonstrate her strategy to be winning. When he kicked back up and progressed into his next movements of attack, Lily kept her defences strong. Her movements in defence were strong as someone trained in Soresu but she was not styling the defensive framework of that Lightsaber form, instead she was still relying on her Echani training to cover her weaknesses in Lightsaber combat. It was clear that she was working to combine the two styles of combat and ensure she could give the most into each fight.

As Ko shifted in closer, attempting to get their sabers to lock, Lily was attempting to move like water. Her body and Lightsaber were flowing and never attempting to tackle the saber lock. Lily was not afraid of losing out to the saber lock, she had planned out ways to escape and trick her way out of the situation, especially since she was confident that she could goad Ko into thinking he was stronger in that strategy. However, locking sabers felt risky, felt like she would sacrificing mobility when her strategy was to strike his knee till it gave out for the rest of the fight.

When his attack came, it was something she felt her body was predicting for a couple of moves before it happened. However, it was also something that highlighted the largest weakness in her combat training. She was still too inexperienced in the Force to know how to effectively counter it. It would be impossible to predict how it would affect her. Instead she did the first instinctive movement she had in the whole fight. She gripped his wrist tightly with her free hand.

Feeling the Force push against her chest, she was sent stumbling backwards. Her legs worked hard to ensure that she did not fall and she used the momentum to drag Ko forward with her. Attempting to keep him unsteady as she went in with the counter attack. Instead of striking for the knee, she pushed forward as she attempted to drag Ko forwards, aiming to hit Ko square in the chest with her knee. Knowing that could knock the wind out of him but he wanted her to not hold back so this would be what she would do.

She was being more aggressive and bolder, demonstrating her frustrations with the exposure of her lack of skills to counter the Force. "Oh, if you are going to use the Force then I am going to make sure you are sore in the morning, haha." It was a little teasing but also her body was more engaged to do more ferocious attacks.

Z9U36lL.png

What seemed to traspire after his maneuver almost felt like a blur as it happened very quickly. His concealed eyes widened some as Lily grabbed his wrist after shoving his hand against her. At first Ko thought she was just trying to imbalancing him and have him fall back down with her.

But that suddenly changed when he felt a knee get slammed into his chest. Knocking the wind out of him. The effect caused Ko to create a rather high pitched whistle noise from his mask as the air rushed out of his lungs and out his antiox mask. Eventually Kel Dor stumbled to the side and gripped his chest where it had met her knee. Coughing some even as he tried to regain his breath.

Glancing back at the pale young woman he sort of got the impression she was punishing him for using The Force in such a direct way. Not that it was not allowed, but likely that she would retaliate like that if he did. Yet he couldn’t help but smile, he was hurting, but it was fun for him still. “Duly noted, and challenge accepted."

Regaining his posture Ko took a more defensive stance but lost the more cautious and reserved demeanor he had when they started. He just didn’t want a repeat of what just happened as his breath was still labored from it. Turning his lightsaber around in a single handed reverse grip Ko decided to be a little tricky, and follow Lily’s lead a bit. Moving in for another strike before quickly lowering his upper body down with his lightsaber like he was committing to strike one of her legs. Until he placed his hand against the ground and rotated his lower half up. Raising his legs high from behind and back down towards Lily’s upper body. Dedicating himself to a cartwheel kick against her. Hoping to throw her off by attacking with his legs at a rather unexpected angle. Although Ko was no master unarmed combatant and his knee was mighty sore now. So his movements weren’t very swift either.

The satisfying whistling from Ko demonstrated that her blow had connected as firmly as she wanted it to. The space that he created from that allowed Lily the time she needed to adjust her mindset. Previously, she had been testing him, never committing to hard attacks. But he chose to use the Force, an advantage he held that she did not. Instead, she embraced the full skills of her Echani training. To use her skills to ensure that not only was she victorious but demonstrate how little a chance Ko had.

As he attempted to feint with his attack, Lily could see the momentum of his body was shifting heavily downwards, beyond the normal movement for the attack. He was attempting something different, she dodged the feint and watched his movements. It was clear he was going for a very risky, bold move of a cartwheel kick. But his movements were too sluggish to ensure the success of the move could surprise her.

Instead she simply grabbed his legs, snapped a sharp kick towards his head as she guided his body's momentum to her side. Letting him fall to the side of her. From there, she decided to use her unarmed combat skills over her saber skills.

Shifting positions, she grabbed his arm for an arm bar. It would not be impossible for him to get out of, as long as he knew how to get out of one. Lily was pinning her hopes on him not knowing what to do.

"Your body is failing you now, your stamina is clearly not strong enough. Submit." Her body language was colder, calculating and determined to win.

Z9U36lL.png

Ko’s plans did not go very well. Before his attack could even connect it was being countered and his head got rocked by a kick. Fortunately it didn’t hurt too bad for Kel Dor as the metal mask attached to his face lessened the blow and protected him. Although it still made him feel pretty dazed making it much easier for Lily to follow through with her combination of maneuvers. In the moment Ko had even dropped his lightsaber as well, the weapon tumbling off to the side.

This fight really seemed to be determined by their unarmed skills more than any other martial art. Ko had invested too much with his cartwheel kick. It was a gamble, and one that wasn’t working in his favor. Before he knew it Lily had him in a grapple. This was a realm of combat he was even less familiar with. His back against the floor and his arm trapped from her body.

The Kel Dor tried to squirm and shift his way out of her grasp but couldn’t. But he continued to struggle in vain. Ko didn’t know the specific way to break out of her grapple and get himself free. Wanting to continue their fight and not submit to the hold she put him in. By now he was seriously wishing he knew that fancy phase technique he saw Valery Noble use once. So that he could replicate it and escape from Lily. Nor could he likely pull off a mind trick on her to just let him go. He felt like he couldn’t do anything, his free arm was seemingly useless and couldn’t fight back, and time was rapidly running out.

Then Ko remembered something almost like a lightbulb going off above his head. Lily had seemingly done away with her lightsaber, the weapon of a jedi. He would attempt to punish her for that with how committed she had to be in the hold. Yet he’d dropped his seconds ago and couldn’t physically reach for it. Instead the Kel Dor padawan reached up with his free hand before telekinetically summoning the hilt of his saber into his hand and igniting its green blade over them.
"Never!" Was all that Ko could really communicate from the position he was in. Rather awkwardly Ko would try to poke Lily with his lightsaber even from the horribly position he was in. But with a weapon like that, only a few gentle taps could with it be a game changer in a fight. The saber was also still kept on its lowest setting so it really wouldn't hurt Lily if he managed to graze.

Her plan was working perfectly, he was trapped and unable to break free. All she had to do was apply some pressure to his arm and ensure he tapped out for this fight to be over. She could feel his desperation, he was unable to think of anything to counter her move, strangely she was wishing that he would. That this fight could last longer, that she could study his movements more and attempt to understand what he was share with her in the fight.

Lily noticed that Ko was using the Force, something had come to his mind. Curious she waited till he had revealed his plan before she responded. Lily gave a sad sigh when she realised that he had reached for his Lightsaber, if this had been a real fight, one which had been to the death, she would have snapped his arm by now. However, she was not willing to go to those extremes.

Instead, she adjusted her position slightly and wrenched his arm that she had captured, bending it to almost the point of breaking but not breaking it. Ensuring his mind was flooded with pain and the inability to try and strike at her. It was cruel but Lily was not going to drag this fight out if he could not free his arm from her grasp.

"This fight is over if you cannot free yourself." Was the simple cold statement of her body as she kept the intense pain up till he tapped out.

Z9U36lL.png

“AHhG!” Ko screeched, unable to continue with his last ditch effort to score a hit. Dropping his lightsaber hilt once more and bringing his free hand up to tap Lily and let her know he was done, and that he’d submitted. He’d already given up on the idea of freeing his arm and thought he could capitalize on her overcommitment to a grapple and unarmed combat with the use of a weapon on the limbs keeping him in a lock.. However, it did not work, and it was just sparring afterall.

When Lily finally let go of the hold Ko would grab his now sore arm and sit up on the floor. “...Ouch… Uh, where did you learn all that from? I’ve never seen another padawan, or even a higher ranking Jedi fight like that before.” Ko asked before looking over at her. He was unfamiliar with Echani martial arts and even now didn’t even know that she was Echani. He knew that Ataru could have a strong unarmed component to it, but not really like that.

Still holding his arm, Ko’s shoulder sagged some. He lost the fight, he still didn’t have much confidence he would win, but even compared to his own capabilities he felt like he underperformed.

As soon as Ko's hand tapped on her body, Lily released him and jumped onto her feet. She extended a hand to Ko to help him onto his feet. "Good attempt, should try using more Force stuff in your fighting. Gives you a better edge." It was not allowed in the Echani style of fighting but Ko was not an Echani so he did not having to conduct himself as one when sparring. It was also not a rule she was demanded at the start of the fight since she doubted most Jedi could fight her on a level playing field without the Force.

"My aunt taught me. Family martial art forms," Lily explained as she wandered over to fetch her training saber, also grabbing Ko's Lightsaber and handing it over to him. "Echani learn to fight from a young age, been sparring with my aunt since I could throw a punch. Could argue that Galactic Basic is my second language. Echani fighting was the first language I spoke." Lily giggled to herself. She sat down and looked across to him, "it is why I was dismissive of your chances to win. You stopped learning to fight at some point in your life. I have never stopped learning to fight, I wake, I train either alone or spar, I read about sparring or the Force and then I conduct myself freely the rest of the day." Her tone was firm and serious, this was the one thing she allowed herself to brag about but only towards other Jedi. Another Echani, she would never view herself better than them, unless they had stopped their training.

Sitting in front of Ko. "I believe Master Valery would be capable of fighting that well, if not better, from the discussions that I have had with her." Lily stated, knowing the Sword of the Jedi had been trained somewhat in Echani combat. "The Jedi are probably one of the few people who could learn it, but all Echani, Force Sensitive or not, can learn to fight with such skill that they are almost precognitive. Predicting an enemy's movements." Lily explained, assuming that Ko was interested in learning about her people's ways.

Z9U36lL.png

Listening to Lily’s feedback was actually rather nice. He nodded and replied. “I agree, I’m just not that good yet at utilizing The Force in combat. Like with telekinesis, but for utility I ain’t no slouch.” Ko said with a friendly smile. It was a very versatile ability, very helpful for hard work, as it allowed him to act like a psychic forklift.

She also mentioned that she was Echnai, a species or culture he was not familiar with. But from what Lily explained, they seemed to have a strong martial focus and she was no exception. It made the Kel Dor think for a moment about his own rather convoluted background. Born a Kel Dor, raised an Imperial, taught briefly as a Barren Do Sage, recruited as a Jedi, and lived as an outdoorsman. A weird mixing pot of heritage and identity. Never was one aspect of life ever able to dominate over any other for him. At the moment Ko wasn’t sure if he should be thankful for that or envious of Lily’s laser focus on the martial arts.

As Ko sat there with her on the dojo floor, her words added a lot more context to her attitude earlier before and during their sparring. It was very interesting to hear about, and she spoke very highly of their abilities, that even those not sensitive to the will of The Force can gain almost precognitive abilities. He wondered if there were possibly other combat styles like that too. “You mentioned before that it’s like your first language. How does that work? I mean, sticks and stones can break my bones but words… well they generally aren’t going to leave be sore for a week haha.” Ko joked some, but was still serious about hearing more of what Lily had to say about it. Even though he wasn’t a very talented combatant, it didn’t mean it wasn’t fascinating to him. He was also still holding to and rubbing the sore arm of his that was locked in her hold.

"Well, better adapt quickly to using it in combat before I learn how to handle the Force in combat myself, otherwise you'll never stand a chance." Lily giggled, giving a friendly wink and nudged his shoulder.

When Ko asked how it worked, Lily leaned back, stretching her back a little as she thought about the different ways she could explain the way it worked for her kind. "Echani to outsiders, we are described as all looking very similar. Even if we came from different families. So, you might confuse my aunt for being me or you might confuse another Echani for being me, just from looking at them briefly." It was an odd racial trait but one her species held, "for us, our personalities, the way we identify one another and know the differences is through body language, it is why we can predict minutes ahead in a fight, your whole body is speaking to us."

She felt a small click in her back, relieved to stretched her body out and avoid any stiffness. She then shifted forward a bit, "talking, we use words and expressions and dialects that we have been taught, one would normally express emotions through statements. I am sad, I am angry, and so forth. Right? Well, for me, I learnt how to express these through combat, I learnt how to talk to my family, my friends, through sparring and communicating my feelings and beliefs. Allowing others connect with me in a way that almost no words could translate."

"Our fight today, it was a handshake, a greeting and allowed me to understand the stubbornness and determination you have. I saw and understood things of you that would take three or four conversations." Lily stated, "if we sparred like Echani do, it is not seeking a winner, or loser, there can be one but it is an ebb and flow. Sharing our emotions, feelings, and beliefs, it is building connections that are forged deeper than most I have seen around here."

"For me, fighting like we did, it is similar to you talking to a toddler. Little understanding of what I am trying to say, trying to give. It is what I miss home the most of." Lily confessed, being able to have the fights that were very Echani in nature, that was what she sometimes needed, and only two people could provide that, that she knew of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom