Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Cracks in the Shell

4UW6jcl.jpg

Wearing: Simple sleeping tunic
Equipment: Training Lightsaber
Tag: Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan , any other Jakku Enclave residents

The breathing was getting closer, ragged, spiked with primal grunts. The footsteps grew louder, hobbled, dragging, but unrelenting. Yet each step she took was like trying to run through wet duracrete, torturously slow. Panic gripped her with terrified fear, she strove desperately to escape, hands clawing before her as if to pull herself away by grasping the air.

In fright she looked over her shoulder into the darkness. The pursuing shadow took shape, details defining. It was a Duros. His head was mangled, with clinging, dangling flesh and bared bone. The ambassador's robes he wore were archaic and stained with blood... and familiar. He drew closer, a hand reaching out, boney fingers pointing, its voice raspy after centuries in a grave…

You! You! You murderer!...

Tigris shot upright in her bed, the sound of her own scream still echoing in her head. Black strands of hair stuck to the sweaty sheen covering her face. Her small hand pressed to her chest as if she could still the wild pounding of her heart. Breaths came is short shallow pants.

Rising from the bed, she struggled to calm herself, to use the Force as an anchor. Tigris felt stifled, as if she couldn't suck in enough of the recycled air circulating in her tiny quarters.

Her hand slammed against the door actuator and it slid open with a hiss. She stumbled out into the dome, bracing herself against a wall. Dark eyes swung around wildly. The other dorm doors were still shut. With a sight, Tigris lowered her head into her hand, long locks of straight midnight hair falling around her face. Her teeth grit hard to hold back the tears. Terror had given way to anger at her weakness.

After meeting Taam, after coming to Jakku, the night terrors had ended. Tigris thought turning her back to the Dark had redeemed her from the haunting nightmares. Until now.

"Feth." She growled under her breath.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

ai.generated.art.photo-art-1701558005307.png.jpg

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Allies: Tigris Tigris | @Jaclson Lesan
Foes:

” Accepting all that you are will lead you to live your best life and will allow you to be free and your true authentic self“ - Camille Kostek

He was hungry.

Master Vanagor did not have his own quarters here at the Enclave. Sure, he was offered a suite and was well within his right to take it if he wanted, but in truth the massive Jedi Master felt that others deserved it more than he did. This stemmed from his noted altruism to be sure, but it also because he felt it easier to stay on his ship. This gave him more of the ability to fly out at the drop of a hat if he needed to, Connel was the same way, naturally. So he stayed in “The Fugitive’s Redemption” and just kept an office. It made sense, the landing bay was assigned to him and his son specifically so there were security measures in place and the big man just left his loading ramp down so anyone could come see him if they wanted to.

That being said, as the massive Jedi Master walked down the hallway, he noticed several new facets and features to the Enclave and it seemed to be more and more what attracts the younger Jedi. This place was really getting its identity, finally, which was a good thing. Stopping to give a Padawan some direction on how to properly hold a lightsaber, he noticed someone walking out, looking like she hadn’t slept in years. If he had read today’s incoming mail, Caltin would already know the answer, but slowly, the big man walked over slowly and waited for her to ease her troubled mind a little more. .

Forgive me for interrupting, but do you have Seyugi heritage? The memories of The Clone Wars started to surface, the Battle of Geonosis, Utapau, Kashyykk, Toydaria…

... is my undivided attention.

Tag: Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor
X5bRJvC.png

With steely intent Tigris pushed the images and sounds of the hauntings back into the depths of her conscience. A deep sigh cleared the fog and the sounds of the SIS resumed, the hum of the air handlers, the distant movements of others. Dark eyes lifted, brushing her disheveled raven black mane out of her face. That was when she saw the hulking figure lingering at a respectful distance. She cursed the distraction of the night terror, to blind her to the approach of someone so close... and so large.

His presence startled her, but the former assassin gave no visible sign of her surprise. She had regained her stoic demeanor quickly. While she was quite new to the Enclave, and to the Jedi overall, there were a few figures of which even Tigris knew. Not the least of them was the renowned Master Vanagor.

The girl stood a little straighter. Her small, waifish size made the massive tower of the master seem that much larger. She was not intimidated by his size. She had felled beings his size and larger. Rather, she was more awed by his reputation. And by the fact that he not only knew what the long lost Seyugi were, but that she used to be one.

"Yes, Master." Tigris answered. Her heritage was something she had tried to downplay since Taam Moghul delivered her to Jakku. Not only because being a former Dark Side assassin tended to cast questions upon her commitment to the Order, but the nature of her 900 year history was complicated. "A heritage I have left behind." She said as a caveat.

Little did she know that a history of centuries-long absence from the galaxy was not unique to her. Not at all.

Last edited:

Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Allies: Tigris Tigris | Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan
Foes:

” Accepting all that you are will lead you to live your best life and will allow you to be free and your true authentic self“ - Camille Kostek

Great, if there was one face he recognized (and wished he didn’t) more than any other was that of recognition. Sure, reputation is one thing, but there was something about being able to walk around sometimes without being “known”. Not her fault and not a problem, just a tell of how this conversation was going to go. She was nervous, as were most of the younger generation around him, it was respect in a manner of speaking, but nerves were not necessary here.

Calm yourself, you are among friends here. She seemed to stand with a little pride after a moment or two, maybe she was getting comfortable, or just wanted to impress him, either way his question hit her. Clearly she was not expecting someone to recognize her for her heritage, but he could spot that stance, that demeanor, the look in the eye, all of it a parsec away.

Do not worry, I was not asking out of judgment. Just more curiosity. You not only carry Seyugi heritage, but you were one as well? Were you living on Recopia? I remember the debates among the order, and rumored among the Council. There were some who wanted to capture your base of operations, but I was not one of that minority and am glad. We are not hunters. He remembered those days indeed, Master Mundi wanting to lead a strike team, Master Secura wanting to go with him and Master Fisto not, that caused some dissension among their association. Masters Windu and Yoda settled everything by Shadows purely to gather intelligence on the situation and when it was found out the self imposed fate, they were left alone.

X5bRJvC.png

Master Vanagor's comforting words struck a strange but almost instantly disarming chord in the woman. Friends. It was a concept still new to her, but one she found she truly desired. Tigris had no friends as of yet, she thought. But she understood his meaning. No one at the Enclave intended to harm her. If anything, she had learned they were there to help. Her rigidity relaxed, as did her nerves. A new curiosity sparked to life as the master continued to speak.

As his words unfolded, a new revelation hit her. Master Vanagor spoke as if he were there. As if he were part of that conversation held centuries ago. Her dark, almond-shaped eyes focused more intently on the giant man's unusual gaze. Tigris felt a strange return to those days, how it felt to be a Dervish, even as he revealed the discussions held regarding her kind.

Delicate brows furrowed. "You were there?" She asked in a sort of hushed shock. "That was 900 years ago!" Her tone was tinged with confusion. The memories of the Jedi's undeclared war on the Seyugi revived sharply, as she looked into the eyes of a man that must have been one of them at the time.

"Yes, I was a Dervish. Born on Recopia, but my service was mostly in the Mid-Rim."
Tigris confessed with an odd sense of both pride and regret. "I was good at what I did, but was no match for a Jedi, few of us were. I was one of the survivors that returned to Recopia and frozen in carbonite to escape the purge." The wise master jedi could see how the woman well-trained in emotional control strove to suppress the tangle of feelings. Of those sentiments, Master Vonager only elicited a calm peace within her. She held onto that one.

Allies: Tigris Tigris | Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan
Foes:

As the young Seyugi Dervish began to slowly realize that she may not be the only one “out of time” around here, the only thing that Caltin could do was give a knowing smirk and the tiniest of “yeaaaah well…” type of shrugs. Though he was more than capable, the days of Caltin’s temper being what he was known for was long past. She was a calm one and that was good, especially since she seemed to be becoming a little more relaxed now that she is seeing the true environment she is in. That is a good reason as to why the old man was not in charge, other than being a Master and instructor. Sure, he could, he was more than qualified, but the massive Jedi Master always felt that he was a better influence outside of a Council room and not in one. This was why he was around.

Give yourself some credit, you and your people. You forced Council Members to debate going after you… but I digress. I for one am glad you are here. The Force is funny that way when it comes to second chances. There was a personal stake in his words, Vanagor had a vision of his own time expiring and becoming one with the Force. That time had already passed, and while one should never fully take stock in visions of the future as “set”, it was still interesting to be “playing with house money” so to speak. Every day was a gift and this was how he made the most of it.

If there is anything you need while you are here, feel free and contact me if I can help. I am not always here, but when I am, my door is always open. He remembered the first few days out of the ice of Rhen Var, it was disconcerting to know that all he knew was gone, and maybe he could offer some perspective.

There was an unexpected sense of calm in the presence of Master Vanagor. It wasn't anything metaphysical, it was simply his demeanor. He had eased not only the immediate unease over her night terrors, but had managed to bring a peace about her presence at the Enclave in general, addressing many unspoken challenges she felt as a new padawan.

In a few words, the master had opened up the idea that Tigris didn't need to abandon everything that had been part of the Seyugi. There were qualities, skills, that were a part of her as a Dervish that would prove a boon to her life as a Jedi. The challenge would be to embrace those aspects while excising the darker parts of her past.

Dark, confident eyes lifted as the petite padawan met the larger Jedi's gaze. "Thank you, Master. Those are things I needed to here." Tigris replied. The brief conversation with the admired master allowed Tigris to see a much more personal side to him. She would not hesitate to approach him in the future. She knew there was at least one person in the Order who understood her in a way others could not. "I'm up now, I think I'll dress and get some training in." She added, giving Master Vanagor a bow of her head.

Taking leave of Master Vanagor, Tigris returned to her quarters and donned simple training robes. with a quick tidying up of her hair into a ponytail, she took up her bokken saber and made her way to the dojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom