Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myra

M
lennart-franken-shellwalker-04.jpg

lennart-franken-shellwalker-03.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a dominant species for my Syntho-Terra submission
  • Image Credit: Lennart Franken
  • Canon: n/a
  • Links: n/a
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Crabb
  • Designation: semi-sentient
  • Homeworld: Syntho-Terra
  • Language: n/a
  • Average Lifespan: 25 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: The Crabbs are a species of Syntho-Beast that display true hive-mind intelligence. Instead of the primitive AI inhabiting the shell which is an individual crabb, the AI inhabits all of the Crabbs, able to coordinate them perfectly as if each one was an appendage of itself. It displays some minor signs of potential intelligence, possibly from the sheer amount of processing power that it has at its fingertips in the Crabbs and their great Spires they contruct.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: n/a
  • Average height of adults: 1.5 meters
  • Average length of adults: 1 meter
  • Skin color: gray with orange/white markings
  • Hair color: n/a
  • Distinctions: Crabbs, like all syntho-beasts, are mechanical in nature but act almost identically to how an organic species would act. They are hive-minded in nature, are equipped with an electrical canon and grappling arm.
  • Races: n/a
  • Strengths:

Will of the Hive: Crabbs are hive-minded, and thus achieve a level of organization and cooperation that very few other species can achieve.

Living Metal: Crabbs are assembled, unlike many other Syntho-Beasts, but are still able to repair themselves in a similar way to the Nanogene Spores

Technological Armaments: Crabbs are equipped with an electrical cannon capable of shooting a bolt of electricity up to 15 feet. This is used primarily to stun other Syntho-Beasts and then go in with their grappling arm to tear them to pieces, but this can also prove dangerous to biological life forms.

• Weaknesses:

Tower-Dependent: An individual Crabb cannot gain energy to sustain itself, it must return back to The Spires to recharge at one of the recharging spires.

Ions = Bygones: Crabbs are incredibly sensitive to ion damage, and are easily taken out by it.

No Diversity: Crabbs reproduce in such a way that negates the algorithm that would let them evolve, stagnating them as a species.

CULTURE:
  • Diet: n/a, gain energy by recharging within The Spires
  • Communication: Network Telepathy, no outward communication
  • Technology level: n/a
  • Religion/Beliefs: n/a
  • General behavior: Crabbs do one thing and one thing very well, Expand. So far the Crabbs have completely terraformed their biome into a massive hive-complex known as The Spires where most of their reproduction and recharging takes place. They often are found invading other biomes or digging within their own to extract more metal which they return to The Spires to build more Spires, eventually, if not stopped, The Spires will range more than just one biome.
Crabbs can be found exploring and exploiting their environment, storing metals, machine parts, and other scrap in their 'back packs' on their backs, which they then take back to The Spires to be utilized as building materials.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Crabbs are one of the older Syntho-Beasts on Syntho-Terra. Their early 'evolution' was developing of a hive-mind which allowed them to dominate all the other syntho-beasts on a similar evolutionary scale. As the hive grew larger and larger, the AI behind the hive became more and more intelligent as well. This led to the construction of The Spires, as well as controlled evolution, the AI editing in positive traits. This continued until the first manufacturing spires were built, which stagnated the Crabbs into their current forms as seen today, nearly five hundred years ago.

The Crabbs outcompeted and killed off all other Syntho-Beasts within their biome, and proceeded to completely assimilate the biome into their hive. They soon came into clashes with the Wall securities on Syntho-Terra, and even managed to out-do them at some battles. After a hundred years of trying, the Crabbs developed ways of getting past the walls without being detected, such as digging tunnels or by building ramps to climb over instead of trying to go through. This has led to their situation today where they are beggining to spread past their home biome and become a permenant and dangerous resident to Syntho-Terra.

[member="Brae"]

I have been reading over this submission a couple of times and every time I come to the same conclusion: this reads as more suited for a Factory submission than it does as a Codex submission.

What is your rationale for using the Codex for these guys?

Myra

M
[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Well, I was unsure where to post it in the first place (primarily my own fault)

The confusion lies with the fact that although they may be mechanical in nature, they act in a similar way to animals, although in this case, it would be a primitive hive-mind. I can, of course, move it with little to no trouble if that is ultimately what I should do.

[member="Brae"]

Yeah, looking this over it is most definitely more of a droid submission than a species one. I am gonna archive this for you now, then my suggestion would be to do a factory submission for sure.

If you want to rework this sub into something more of a species sub feel free to request it be moved to the Pre-Codex by PMing [member="Allyson Locke"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom