Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corporate Warfare: Star Wars Edition

I think I recommend something similar to this, and you guys shot it down.

Anywho. There are still to many problems between Companies and who, what, where, when, why, and how the do business. Don't get me wrong I would love to see us introduce a Corporate Warfare element to this RP site. By honest opinion is at the end is while [member="Darth Janus"] rule set is well written, I don't think this site can handle it.

Darth Kentarch said:
Anywho. There are still to many problems between Companies and who, what, where, when, why, and how the do business.
[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Can you elaborate on this? I feel like the new rules in the company section about tier growth and the addition of the marketplace have cleared a lot of those questions up.

[member="Darth Janus"], I'll try. But its kinda of a crack in the foundation thing.

Lets start here.
The big one is growth of business themselves, business growth comes from selling a number goods at a profit, that increase over a period of time to a consumer or consumers. Now in this site companies grow by signing contracts and threading, this is veritably wrong. A contract in the nature that it works on this site, is purely an allowance of the use of company products in exchange for a step closer to getting another TIER size. You grow because people buy your stuff, not because you have an agreement with them. Second, for their to be any actual growth you need to understand, manage, and have the basic factors of production. In essence I can found a company on a backwater jungle planet in wild space, and essentially as long as I meet the Factory requirements and signed contracts I can create a fleet of capital ships, that spawn infinitely when the factions who I have signed with need them to fight a fleeter battle in an invasion. Sadly even in the SW Canon universe, the massive (not financial) capital investment that it takes to make shipyards and then build capital ships sometimes took centuries to build, in extremely limited locations. Hence why Kuat, Lianna, and Corellia are such important places in the Star wars universe.

So now with this awkward way of growing business and we are going to introduce a system which, you can raid a Company's 'location' in order to shrink them in size. Ok, yes, that would work. But what are the rules of these engagements, other than in the end to blow their poodoo up? I mean can my company can hit another company across the entire galaxy. When my faction can't hit another faction thats two hex spaces away? Who is allowed to participate and who is not? And finally, if there is no measure of good produced and factors of production, how can we actually determine if there is and loss to the company that would decrease its size? these questions also open the argument of location. Lets say with my jungle planet company from above, I want to sell blaster rifles to the One Sith, who are in the deep core. How exactly am I meeting that demand, sure I can fly the stuff to em. But I got to go through my enemy, the Republic, to get to them. Which begs the question if factions can involved in these raid and sabotage operations, and what are their rules for dealing with them.

Hows that for a start?

Well that implies they are a publicly held company, and that we have on this site some kind of public/private system, and then the ability to issue, buy, and sell stock from publicly held companies.

Is there somewhere that clarifies that if a business does bad business practices, this can also affect their tier level?

It doesn't have to be within the corporate warfare, but just something I was mulling about.

Memories of when circe bid 500 million for one schematic come to mind.

Jacen Cavill said:
Why aren't we mentioning anything about liquidating a companies stock? Or buying up a majority ICly by tricking the other player and assuming a majority control of "their" company?

I think this may be tied into "infiltration" via buying out of shares of companies who are Public.

It wouldn't affect those who are private though. Does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom