Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey and characters

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
advance-upon-me-bretheren.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ​

Netherworld

[member="Corey's OOC"]

I've only read Token and Coren enough to judge them, and I can say without a doubt that I enjoy your writing (nevermind that I'm partial to breaking the 4th wall (and associated acts) and all that)). From what I've seen, you keep your Starchasers et al. different and interesting in their own way, and none of them can really be put in any of the traditional brackets when it comes to FUs, which is an achievement in and of itself.

Corey's NPCs are on a whole another level here, as I don't think I've seen many others put that much thought or work into developing their story and lives. Usually NPC are left to hang in a limbo, but as was shown with Dave's example, you really breathe life into the characters through these small adjustments in your style and approach.

Which, coincidentally, brings me to what I like most about your writing style; it's really karking diverse. You aren't stuck with a single type — at least not as far as I can tell — and aren't afraid to push and pull your characters to see when or how they'll break. You experiment, you ditch that which isn't functional, and move on. Props. :D

That being said, you, as a writer, can be a little harsh in interpersonal communication. While it may not bother me, I acknowledge that other people aren't that fond of Snark over 1000. :p

Keep on snarkin', though.

Zola

Knight of the Obsidian Order
[member="Corey's OOC"]

I'm terrible at giving writer feedback, so I'll just say this: To me you're one of those writers who makes Chaos. I am always in awe of your originality and humor, and envious of how fast you write. Goddamn boy! :p

OOC you're also one of the most helpful writers I know.

Sorry we never got to finish our Zola/Token story. They will meet again!

Also that story about the dog NPC in the Coruscant skirmish thread almost made me cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom