Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corellian Nights

Um9wLtZ.png

Jedi Temple Private Shipyard
Coruscant
Mid Afternoon
Tags: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Falentra Falentra Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Si Rayia Si

When Jonyna heard that Taam was taking on a new padawan, she was more than happy to let them live in the Reaper alongside the rest of them. She loved having more people aboard, and the idea of the small family she was accrewing allowed her to remind herself of the days of her youth, a scrappy team of wannabe rebel jedi wanting to keep together.

"It's nice to meet you Nouqai!" Jonyna smiled, dressed in her casual outfit, as she led them to the ship. The Skywatcher Corvette, once an Imperial vessel, now acted as the home of the jedi of Cathar, stood with orange cathar markings all over the hull. "So, you're a Nautolian, yeah?"

It was barely a month since she had lost her master, Kephi Qi, the noble warrior having lost her life tragically in the battle on Onderon. While the young teen had only been training under the Nautolian knight for less than a year, she could have taken the news of her death any harder. It was a drastic set back on her training as she worked through the grief.

Now to be told she was assigned to train under a new master so soon, the news was met with a bit of pushback and reluctance. It felt like she was betraying Kephi, but like everything in the force, life moved on a neverending cycle.

Nouqai had packed her things, shortly making her way to the shipyard where she would meet her new master called Taam Moghul. The ship was massive as it landed in the yard. A tall woman with bright orange hair stepped out and greeted her. "And you must be Taam?"

She nodded. "My grandmother is Quarren." A fact that would be obvious with her tentacle locks on her head.

Um9wLtZ.png

"What? Oh! No! Taam is my mate. He's gonna be joining us soon, he just needed to grab some supplies to refill our food situation. I'm Jonyna." She waved, slightly embarrassed by the mix up. The padawan could tell she liked talking with her hands. "But me and Taam are kinda a package deal now, so I'll be helping with your training too. I've got two padawans of my own. I don't suppose you've met them?"

Jonyna had done her research on this new padawan, and she couldn't help but feel a sadness about it. Losing your master, and being reassigned so quickly. It must be a shift in the girl's life. But maybe this would be good for her. Taam had lost a padawan a while back. She was sure they'd get along. For now though, she did her best to not show the young girl any sign of pity. Jonyna knew what it was like to grieve. Normalcy was the best solution, or more, finding a new normal. She hoped she could provide that. "Neat! We've got a pool inside if you wanna go for a swim on occasion, once we pick out your room. I can also have the bath in your bathroom expanded if you want your own personal swimming pool." Jonyna motioned the girl to follow as they approached a loading bay, Jonyna pressing a small button on the side of the ship, a door opening to a small armory.

"This is the Reaper. Don't let the name scare you, she's just an old bird who I used to use to scare off Imperials." Inside the armory, relics from a much older era sat. Vintage stormtrooper blasters, a helmet with claw marks across it, and an axe that looked to be made of jade and a wood that looked native to a rainforest.. "So you're from Glee Anselm then, yeah? My eldest paddie is from Dorin."

Tag: Falentra Falentra

Nouqai nodded at the introduction, even when Joynya explained that she would have some part to do in her training. Noukai wasn't usually this quiet, but perhaps shyness in meeting someone for the first time and her lingering grief for her previous master played a part in her reservation. "Likely not, I don't meet many padawans out of my class." Noukai would trail behind the tall woman, the difference in height was in stark contrast.

A slight smile appeared on her face as the woman talked about the pool. The last thing she wanted in space was her scales to dry up like a snake's in a desert. Anything with water was a good enough accomodation, sleeping dry wasn't the best for her amphibious self so the tub would likely do for a makeshift aquarium. "I would love that." she said as the woman led her into the ship.

"I was born on trask. But I've spent a lot of time on Glee Anselm with Ke-." She couldn't manage to say her name. Speaking about her so freely seemed like a crime. "Sorry." She mumbled.

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna didn't seem to dwell on that much. "It's okay." Her cheery demeanor, she hoped, would rub off on the girl. "So, you got the normal NJO kit, or are you just rockin' the stuff they gave you in training?" Jonyna asked, hoping a subject more casual would lighten the mood, as she led them up a ladder, the landing hatch closing behind them. Once up the ladder, the girl found a rather spacious lounge, couches lining the walls, a holo-vision in the back, and a coffee table made of that same wood sitting in front of the couch facing the HV. The smell of soup cooking filled the air, leading to a kitchenette that was connected to the lounge, and the smell of saltwater lingered as well, coming from a hallway in the back of the lounge. "You can make yourself at home, if you want. There's a set of bedrooms down the hall, you can pick one as long as it isn't claimed. Farthest right is me and Taam Moghul Taam Moghul 's room, the one across from it is Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , and the one next to his is Rayia Si Rayia Si 's. Oh! and make sure to knock on Ko's door, he's got an airlock on his door so he can breath. Kel dor, and all that jatz."

Tag: Falentra Falentra

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Falentra Falentra Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

That morning, the soft hiss of an arc welder sounded from behind Rayia's door as she knelt low to the floor studying the torn metal of the deckplates of her room. Jonyna had informed her that someone new was going to be arriving later that morning and the Felacatian thought she might patch a few of the tears she had caused during their most recent hyperspace bouts. Rayia had restrained herself to the bed after she had sedated herself, so the damage was not too bad. But still... 'Mmm, probably not the best impression if my room is torn to shreds when this stranger arrives,' Rayia thought to herself, pausing to survey the space around her.

The room was spartan, consisting of mainly a sleeping area, a dining area, and little else. A knee high table with a few extra cushions surrouding it was tucked away in one corner. A low cot graced the other corner. Its metallic frame caved in on itself in a mangled wreck as restraints hung loosely from its sides. Vicious cuts marked the mattress and pillow, which both seemed on the verge of dispersing what little cushioning was left in a foamy explosion. Various panels had jagged, shorn rips peeled back away from the wall as Rayia had sought to escape. '...On second thought, maybe I... shouldn't let them see this at all,' Rayia corrected, leaning into the arc welder as it pinched the two jagged sides of one of the smaller tears near the bed into a small divot.

Some time later, Rayia sat back on her haunches. She'd nearly finished pinching shut most of the smaller dings and divots when she felt her tail bristle. She could feel the motion of two people approaching the ship, as the displacement of air and the tremors of vibration were picked up by the highly sensitive sensory organ. She instantly recognized Jonyna's movements. She'd been with her mentor, and now adoptive mother, long enough to know them like her own. But the individual accompanying her was unfamiliar.

'Must be the person we're to meet,' Rayia concluded as she observed there wasn't any tautness or hastening of Jonyna's movements to indicate stress or adrenaline. Rayia's ears perked up, their tapering tips twitching slightly as she listened carefully to the conversation in the hallway beyond. She stepped from the room as soon as Jonyna had proclaimed it as hers, swinging the door open silently as she fixed the newcomer with a golden-eyed stare. She shut it just as quickly behind her, sealing off her room from prying eyes. Feline eyes twinkled with delight at having so elegantly executed her entrance as if it was planned.

"Welcome. I do hope you enjoy your stay with us..." Rayia said, before biting down on the words that sprung to mind. She had almost been about to say 'little sister' before coming up short. Mostly because she wasn't sure of the other's reaction. And partly because family was a sore subject. Pursed lips thinned into a fanged smile, as if to smooth away the awkward lapse of silence. "I am Rayia. How do they call you?"

Still remaining rather quiet and reserved, she couldn't shake of the feeling that it felt like betrayal to her former master. In her teachings, attachments was said to hinder one from the light, however, the padawan couldn't seem to let go of this recent loss. Perhaps this was why the board had reassigned her so soon... as harsh as it was, she had to learn to move on.

"I don't have much stuff... mostly just robes and some tools." The teen answered as Joynya briefed her along. "Noted." With a nod, Nouqai acknowledged as they moved down the ship. She could smell food making her stomach grumble. A door opened as they walked down the hallway, another felinoid appearing. Greeting her cheerfully with a fanged smile. Nouqai returned one of her own, barring her sharp teeth. "Hello Rayia, its a pleasure. I am Nouqai Veil. "

"Could I have the room closest to the pool? I think I will be using that area a lot."

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Falentra Falentra Rayia Si Rayia Si

Taam has returned with the additional supplies, having stowed most in the cargo bay, but carried a small box of some immediate needs down to the kitchen. That was when he found the gathering of the others. With Jonyna and Rayia, Taam saw one he had not met, but knew who she was immediately. His new padawan.

Several masters, including those speaking for the Council, strongly encourage Taam to take a padawan. Not only for the good of his own, but because there was a need for mentors for the next wave of padawans in training. The newly returned Cathar Knight agreed. When given the name of his new assignee, Taam did a little holo research on the young Naouqai, so her face was familiar. A grin spread across his muzzle. He greeted Jonyna with an affectionate nuzzle before turning to his new learner.

"Nouqai!" He greeted, setting down the box. "We have been waiting, I am pleased to have you with us." Taam had quickly fallen into the same mindset as Jonyna and her padawans. They were like a family, and he was in the habit of referring to the group, instead of simply himself. He extended a large hand to his new padawan.

"I am sure these two are getting you settled in, right?" Taam added. His feline-sharp senses smelled the faint scent of hot metal, then looked knowingly at Rayia. She was learning to tame her beast, and its manifestation during hyperspace travel has been particularly challenging for the Felacation. Rayia was dillegent to repair what damage was done during such episodes. They all gave her grace, and help when possible, as she worked on that savage side of herself.

Um9wLtZ.png

"I can get you some gear if you want. I've got a knack for making sabers, and my company has a...special discount for the NJO." She offered, as they entered the living room. "Hey Rayia." She smiled, walking over and ruffling the Felicatian's mane. "Your training going well? I can smell your repairs." She paused, hearing the newest member of their little family's stomach, turning to look back to her. "I can get us dinner started if you want."

Then came Taam. Jonyna's face brightened as he returned, strutting over and purring at the sight. "Hey babe. You got everything we need? I was just getting dinner ready for us all. I think Ko's around here somewhere too..." Her ear twitched, listening for the Kel Dor, and feeling through the Force of where he could be.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Falentra Falentra Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Rayia’s eyebrow quirked a fraction at the request that Nouquai made. Clearly she was going to be using the pool quite a bit. Rayia couldn't really understand the appeal, if she was being honest. Water was necessary for life, sure. And her experiences on the savannahs of Weik taught her that rain was to be celebrated. But when it pooled together, it held unimaginable terrors. Not the least of which being that… ‘Well, you don’t know how to swim. Not really,’ Rayia thought to herself. ‘Spent what? Like two years in Vossport? A capital port city and never learned. How stupid am I?’

Taam’s arrival interrupted her musings as her tail twitched and Rayia turned expectantly to find him striding in with a small box upon one shoulder. Whilst he introduced himself to his new padawan, Rayia knelt by the small box that he had been carrying. Tilting her head this way and that, she started rifling through its contents.

Her ear twitched and she felt eyes on her. Glancing upwards, her golden eyes locked with Taam’s as he gave her a knowing look. Instantly, her fanged smile evaporated. It smoothed away into the flat look she directed at both Taam and Jonyna who had now joined in the line of questioning. ‘That secret should wait. It will hardly make the best first impression,’ her eyes seemed to say.

It is going fine. Though I may also need some supplies soon,” She replied, sighing only slightly as Jonyna loomed over her and ruffled her mane. Contrary to what might once have been expected, Rayia didn’t pull away. A slow blink accompanied the slight flare of her nostrils as she huffed and blew away a few strands of the tawny orange and white locks that floated into her eyes.

The question Jonyna posed about having everything they needed soon had Rayia’s inquisitive mind distracted. She turned her gaze to Taam and asked, “What exactly is all this?”

Another felinoid had arrived. Taam. He was formidable, in both height and size that made her take a step backwards as he approached. Maybe it was a trait of his species that made them so tall. While Nouqai didn't mind, she couldn't help but wondered why the council would match her, an amphibious sentient to train under a feline sentient. They couldn't be anymore different. But perhaps it was just that, to gain a different experience and training than she did with her old master provided.

She smiled in response to the ecstatic greeting, finally meeting her new master.

Nouqai could sense the odd tension between them, an exchange in looks. Their ears were quite expressive. She wondered if it was the 'repairs' they were talking about. She didn't want to pry.

Jonyna mentioned dinner. Indeed, Nouqai was very hungry. The teen nodded. "That would be great. Although I think I need to get under water for a while first - I breathe through the moisture on my skin you see. " The girl explained her physiology to the cathars.

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Falentra Falentra Rayia Si Rayia Si

Taam gave Jonyna a grin, one even the new padawan could tell betrayed his deep affection for his mate. Hearing Rayia as she sifted through the box, he looked to her. "Stuff for the kitchen, some spices, some ingredients...." He commented to the Felacatian, offering her a smile was well, one that shared a different kind of affection. He had become fond of Rayia, and happily helped in her training.

Then his attention returned to the true center of his interest at the moment. His new padawan. Taam's broad smile remained, welcoming and hopefully disarming. He understood that it was not easy to come into an new setting, with new people, and wanted Nouqai to feel comfortable. "Of course, the pool is now yours as well, to use as you need. It smells like dinner is in the works, so we can call you when it's ready. Then we can get to know each other a bit better over our meal." The large Cathar offered.

Um9wLtZ.png

"You're free to take the room next to the pool, sure." Jonyna nodded. "Just try and make sure you don't fall asleep in there. We drain it every so often to let the water clean itself through the ship's systems, and I don't want you want you finding yourself all dried up. Oh! And we have a hot tub, so don't go in there if you don't wanna overheat. I'll be starting dinner is about...15 minutes?" She shrugged. "See you then."

She looked to Rayia with a soft smile. "I was just having Taam refill our supplies for the month. We were out of basil, and salt, so I had him grab some and top us off. Can't have my steaks without the right spices, ya know?"

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul Falentra Falentra Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayia Si Rayia Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom