Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Corellian Nights

latest

C O R O N E T - C I T Y, C O R E L L I A

The sun began to set upon the iconic capital city of Corellia. Erich stood at the window of a seedy hotel near the inner district of the city, sipping a glass of cognac as he watched the sun set. While the majority of accommodations in this section of the city would not have this type of view, Erich happened to find one of the few that did for this meeting. If he wasn't going to setup the meeting in a luxury high-rise hotel, he would at least find a place with a view. He stood there, waiting for his guest to arrive. This would be the first time him and his guest had ever met, but they had known of each other for quite some time. Erich was unsure what word would be accurate to describe the type of relationship he had with this individual. Courting? Not necessarily in the romantic sense, but certainly on a professional basis. Pyrrah was a wanted man in many affluent sectors of the galaxy, so much so that Erich was curious if they would have problems meeting on a world such as this. But, it was communicated to him that this was a perfect location for their meeting, so Erich would trust that the appropriate measures would be taken. He arrived early anyway, taking care of some business on behalf of the Hutt Republic. Lortho gave him a long leash when it came to what he did, and in truth this meeting would likely benefit the Hutt nearly as much as it would benefit himself. While he wasn't hiding the fact they were meeting together, Erich didn't announce it to anyone either. He didn't arrive with any pomp or flash, opting to use more inconspicuous means of doing so, but he wasn't afraid of someone learning of his presence here or this meeting either. In fact, part of the motive behind this was to cement his place at Lortho's side. If this also resulted in increasing his own personal standing or prestige; why not?

It took a while to get here, for sure. Fifteen years, to be exact - from when he forged his own reputation from the ashes to being the right hand of a Lorda, wearing a well pressed sharkskin grey suit and a paisley tie. Over the past few years, Erich had taken the time to slip... convenient information to Pyrrah. Certainly nothing that would damage Lortho - to the contrary, information that would allow Pyrrah to do what he did best - make money off of the mistakes of others. Perhaps the myriad of merchant guilds and regional maritime shipping agencies would learn to protect their secrets a bit better. After doing so for a few years, and after ascertaining his overtures were well received, Erich revealed himself to Pyrrah, and shortly thereafter, this meeting was arranged. While Erich had set the standard for providing this man information, he hoped to leverage the value of the crumbs he provided to expanding his network. After all, information was only valuable if one had the resources and manpower to capitalize on it. From what he understood, Pyrrah's hands went deep within many of the major criminal organizations of the galaxy. While in the short term, Erich could leverage connections with his boss's vast resources, it was his hope that over time Pyrrah would see his talent at acquiring information, along with his own unique skills, as valuable enough for a mutually beneficial relationship.

He took a sip from his drink as his thoughts wandered along that vein for a few minutes. When he noticed that his glass was growing empty, he went back to the table and set his glass down. He pulled out a small device, which looked like a simple trinket one would place on a table for decorative purposes. In reality, it emitted a sonic frequency that would dampen listening devices in the area. It wouldn't cause static, but would simply prevent sensors from picking up any audio whatsoever. While he had no reason to believe that Pyrrah was in league with law enforcement, he also didn't want anything being said during this meeting to be recorded then misconstrued for later. He then took a seat at the table, and pulled out a cigarette; lighting it in his lips and released a few puffs of smoke as he let out a deep sigh. Pyrrah wasn't running late, but Erich was also eager to get the meeting started.

Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

Last edited:
Master of the Hyperspace Seas

A small hiss echoed slightly in the hallway as the room's doors opened.

From the information he had been given, Mr. Kreutz was going to be alone, not even with any guards in the room. Paying the same respect back, the Captain arrived with no security of his own. This meeting would simple be between the two Crime Lords themselves.

Stepping into the room, the pirate walked with his wood and gold cane towards the seated man. Obviously he was fit enough to not need a walking cane, but he found it as the best way to conceal his lightsaber, just in case anything were not to go his way. Continuing up towards the desk, the pirate stretched out his hand for a handshake.

"Mr. Kreutz, such a pleasure to finally you in person. It is not often I get to meet my business partners face to face."

After the greetings were done, the Captain took a seat across from the man. Since he walked in the room he had already begun to study this gentleman. His face was weathered, white hair was already starting to appear on his face, a slight grin that was almost cocky, yet not quite. Many things could already be given away from these few features alone. Been on the job a long time, stressful situations are a common thing, confidence to try and gain the upper hand in deals. All of these things Pyrrah noticed.

Setting down his walking came to the side, the Captain folded his hands and leaned back slightly in the chair. So casual talk would start the meeting, but it was also time to talk business.

"I have to say, the location that you gave me for that Sith stash house turned out to be very profitable. Myself and some colleagues were able to retrieve some fine artifacts. In fact, there is an item I would like you to have."

Reaching into his pocket, the pirate pulled out one of the few Wayfinders he was able to locate. Gently, he set the item down onto the table.

Not only was this just a gift for the services provided to him, but it was also a test. His mention of other pirates working with him was intentional. The Captain had no interest in keeping business partners that wanted him to work solely with them. He was a man with many connections, and ones that he intended on keeping too.

It would all depend on how the meeting developed.

Erich Kreutz Erich Kreutz

Erich took Pyrrah's hand in a firm handshake, bringing his left hand up placing it over both of their hands to add further to the already respectful greeting. A wide, jovial smile graced his lips, stretching up and through his eyes. It appeared as if he genuinely was glad to make Pyrrah's acquaintance, verses the usual instances where Erich had to feign such pleasantries in front of Lortho's guests. Not that they weren't interesting, they just held little value to Erich personally aside from doing his duty in service to his employer. Pyrrah on the other hand, held much value in his eyes. If he didn't, then Erich wouldn't have taken the trouble to reach out to begin with.

After they released their handshake, Erich extended his hand to the chair opposite of his, offering Pyrrah a seat. He thereafter reached for the bottle of cognac he was enjoying earlier and poured his guest a modest amount in a fresh glass before refreshing his own, then returning to his seat. At the mention that his intel had resulted in a profitable excursion for Pyrrah and his colleagues, Erich's smile broadened.
"Marvelous! I'm pleased to hear that." he interjected, before Pyrrah mentioned the gift he then presented to him. Erich's eyes widened slightly in genuine surprise. He wasn't expecting a gift for their meeting, but it was no less appreciated.
He appeared completely ambivalent at the mention of 'colleagues' involved with Pyrrah. Why would he be? That was why he wanted to meet in the first place - to expand his network, and hopefully show himself a value to Pyrrah's.
"How kind! I must admit I am embarrassed at my absent-mindedness for not thinking to bring a gift of my own. At the very least, I hope you enjoy the vintage of this Chandrilan cognac. I find it most engaging."

Erich inspected the wayfinder, turning it about in his hands as he took in its details. He was no expert in ancient artifacts, and while he had a faint idea what it was given his past... he would need to brush up back in his office to truly appreciate what he had in his hand. It did little to dull his appreciation in the gesture, however. A thought appeared in his mind though - was this man before him... aware of exactly what this was? To the best of his knowledge, only the practitioners of the Jedi & Sith religions had a real interest in such things. Pyrrah was a pirate, and Erich imagined that most pirates would be interested more in things they could use to fight or sell on the black market. While he was sure such items would be most valuable in underworld circles, one had to know the true value of such an item to sell it.

Such a thought also made Erich slightly uncomfortable. He didn't visibly show such discomfort, but his mind immediately went to the fact he did not take the normal precautions he would have had he known Pyrrah was a force user. Granted, this was meant to be a peaceful meeting of hopeful allies, but Erich was not stupid. He had his sidearm hidden in his jacket, but a force user could easily disarm him and throw him out the window if this meeting went south. Had Erich known, he may well have installed sonic dampeners in the room to ensure his safety. There was no use in fretting over it, as it merely meant that Erich would have to be doubly sure he did not unintentionally (or even intentionally) insult the man - not that he was going to anyway.

"I trust your journey here was uneventful? Or dare I say, eventful in a good way...?" Erich's smile devolved into a devilish grin as he brought his glass up to his lips, savoring the sip which poured into his mouth.

Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

Last edited:

Pyrrah grasped the glass of wine that the man had poured out for him.

This was a fine beverage that he had not tasted in some time. It was quite refreshing, actually. Being an avid taster wines himself, the pirate was always delighted when something new or interesting touched his lips. After a nice taste, the pirate set the glass back down, continuing the conversation with the man.

"Oh, do not fret about the Wayfinders. I did not come here expecting a gift in return. Considers this a 'token of appreciation' for all the services you have provided for me."

He watched as the man picked up the Wayfinder to inspect it. Depending on what his reaction may be, it could give the pirate a good overview on what the man thinks of force-sensitives. For a person in his position though, he could deal with people like the Captain quite often. Nevertheless, it would be insteresting to see if any emotion was shown.

Suddenly, he could feel a small sensation of worry come towards the man. Maybe it was still about the gift? Or maybe he figured out Pyrrah was force-sensitive? He didn't mind if people knew about his abilities or not. Sooner or later they all found out anyways. That feeling quickly disappeared though when the question was brought up about his journey.

"Well, it was unfortunately a quite uneventful journey to this planet. Hopefully there will be a nice score on the trip back."

While he has been working with Erich for many years, the Captain still made sure not to reveal everything about himself. No need to give away where he is returning to, no matter where it may be. And he assumed that Corellian was not the main planet of operation, and the man would be returning to his domain as well.

Clasping his hands together, the pirate leaned forward slightly in his chair. The casual talk was nice, but now it was time for that to be put aside.

"So, Mr. Kreutz, I say we should get on with some business. Shall we?"

Last edited:
"Indeed, we shall." Erich replied, his smile remaining on his lips for a few more moments. He set the glass down on the table and leaned back in his seat. He had thought much about the best way to transition to the topic he wished to discuss. After gaining the measure of the man before him, he felt it best to just go ahead and 'dive right in' as it were. "As you know, you and I have been in contact for a while now. I think it more than fair to say, as illustrated by this exceedingly generous token of your appreciation to me, that we both have definitely benefitted from this relationship - however informal it has been." It was clear that Erich was an articulate man, accustomed to speaking to all manner of temperaments and personalities. His words were well chosen, but he spoke them with the casual flair & ease of a man with exceeding confidence.

"Have you ever thought about what we could accomplish if our relationship was more... formal?" He left the question dangling in the air, as if a gemstone suspended between them promising the allure of something more. He spoke again: "Currently, I work under the employ of several prominent Lordas of the Hutt Republic. One... could say that, given their need to keep clean with the Republic's efforts to be recognized as a legitimate government - they have entrusted me with business they cannot directly engage in." Erich's glance to Pyrrah would make clear what his meaning was. The Hutts were well known for their involvement in all manner of illicit activity - drugs, slavery, piracy, extortion - if someone could name it, the Hutts had a part in it.

"I could not even remotely claim with any certainty that I know the full measure of your operation, but you are known as a major player in the 'world' we both live in. If we combined our efforts; our connections, resources, and we work together where it makes sense, I could foresee us both becoming even greater powers to be reckoned with. Plus, on a personal note, I could see us being valuable... friends to each other should the need arise, for either of us." He couldn't think of a better way to express what his hopes were without giving away too much. He hiked one of his legs up and over the other one, and laced his fingers over his stomach as he shrugged and nodded to Pyrrah, waiting to see what he thought about this idea.

Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

Last edited:

The man lifted an eyebrow at the remark about a formal relationship.

Partnerships were a tough item to fully flesh out. Who owned how much of this, who was in charge of that, which one of us pays for this, so on and so forth. But, they were most of the time very profitable. Especially when working with people such as the Hutts. He had heard of their more diplomatic movement within Concord space. All along though he knew there was still shady business being done. You can't take the crime out of a crime family.

Leaning forward slightly in his seat, the pirate almost began to show more interest on the matter at hand.

"A combined operation could prove to be very powerful, and extremely profitable. While I am interested in this offer, there is one thing I would like to clarify. A combined effort would mean our operations working alongside each other, not one underneath the other. You have never struck me as a man who would violently take control of a crime business, but I would rather not take any chances."

He couldn't show too much of his willingness to combine operations, or man might receive the short end of this deal. Working with the Hutts could expand his reach more into Wild Space, and slowly into Concord territory. It was a profitable deal for the both of them.

"I would also, if given the chance, like to speak to these Hutts personally. It will give me the opportunity to see their area of work, and where my services would go. How does that sound, Mr. Kreutz?"

Oh, he's good Erich thought as he listened to Pyrrah's response, a smile flashing across his lips. When the Crime Lord finished, Erich offered to refresh Pyrrah's drink, and thereafter refreshed his own before offering a reply. In truth, he did not fault Pyrrah for wanting to meet with the Hutts. Erich didn't mind facilitating that, per se. But he wanted to make it clear that this wasn't just an offer for the Hutts. This was also an offering of himself. "That sounds like a wonderful idea! It will take some arranging, naturally. I only represent the interests of a handful of Lordas, not the Republic in its entirety. In truth, I've found that ever since the 'Hutt Republic' became an entity, many of them are a bit..." He paused, as if searching for the correct word. He knew the point he was trying to make, but why not play up his role in this dance? "...hesitant to engage in public audiences that tie them to - well, deeds that often must be done." His tone was a touch conspiratorial, and his eyebrow raised slightly to drive his meaning home.

"It shouldn't be an issue to arrange something though - I would insist on it if I were you. Regarding your earlier point, about the nature of the partnership;" He paused as he took a drink of his renewed glass of whiskey, taking a pregnant pause to savor the flavor before returning back to the table. "I cannot speak for the entirety of the Lordas. I will say that those I represent entrust me with a great deal, and I feel confident in saying we would settle for nothing less than an equal partnership. We only partner with those we consider our equals. Otherwise, we employ them." He paused and looked downward, making a visible display of appearing as if a thought just entered his mind. "I also would be inclined to say the same about myself personally - regardless of how these other discussions take place." He affixed Pyrrah with a direct expression, curious if his meaning was clear to the man opposite of him.

Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

A nod of thanks was given to the man for refilling his glass.

The Captain got the answer he was expecting in regards to the Hutts. Diplomatic ways have taken over their true roots. In his own opinion, they should return to how they once were. The galaxy would be a whole lot more interesting that way. But oh well, less business for them and more for him.

He listened along as the man began to talk about a partnership between the two of them. This was something he had not thought about yet. There was no feeling of overthrowing that the pirate could sense through the force. Maybe he wasn't planning on taking over the Hutt business, but making one of his own.

"I must say, a partnership between us two could be valuable. The information and work that we have provided for each other alone should constitute for one."

Stroking his chin, the Captain considered the offer at hand. Having a contract with Mr. Kreutz and the Hutts would be very profitable. It was definitely a deal worth thinking about.

"My question is to you, what more could we accomplish with an 'official partnership'? I am interested in your offer, don't get me wrong, but I feel like our current relations have been plenty profitable for the both of us. I would be interested to hear what you have planned out.

clipart-beach-divider-9_2.png

TAG: Pyrrah Tae Pyrrah Tae

Erich's lips creased into a smile once again. It was a fair question to be sure. After all, why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free? Thankfully, the Vigo had given some thought to this question prior to their meeting, and had a fairly well thought out answer prepared: "I'm glad you asked, my friend." He gave Pyrrah a knowing wink and tapped the side of his nose - a common gesture in some parts of the galaxy to indicate that what he was about to say next was some great secret. His jovial personality and slightly over-the-top delivery though would likely curb the implication to a certain extent. "You and I are in the business to make money, most certainly. But I'm sure you would agree with me that there is one thing that is far more valuable than mere credits." He sipped his cognac, savoring the anticipation he was building - probably a little too much.

"Survival." He arched his brow a slight smirk on his lips.

"Have you ever thought about how the truly remarkable men of our kind survive in a galaxy that, despite its physical vastness, grows ever smaller with each passing year they remain at large? How they avoid the fate that befalls the vast majority of those who try to even remotely be like them?" He shrugged his shoulders slightly to emphasize his point. But after a moment's pause, his expressed returned to his direct demeanor. "They not only learn how to survive themselves, but they form connections with other survivors. People who don't necessarily need to be their friend, but who want to be their friend."

"Neither of us really needs the other person. If I were so... inclined, I would be more than content to remain at the exclusive beckon call for those I represent. Of course, you have your own affairs that have undoubtedly been more than profitable from when they started to now. But the point I'm making is quite simple, but equally as powerful."
He leaned in, his voice taking on a conspiratorial tone. "We both have a luxury to expend now - that luxury being time. We have the time to make the right moves todayto solidify our future. So, to answer your question, Mr. Pyrrah -"

Erich straightened his posture slightly, smoothing the folds of his jacket before he spoke again: "We stand to make a decent amount of money the way things stand now. But if we build a more formal relationship together, we stand to do a lot more."

clipart-beach-divider-9_3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom