Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corellia: Tumbleweed Metropolis (Corellians and open)

[member="Lorna Halcyon"]

"Yeah, my daughter wound up finding some places like that, stuff that got uncovered that day." Nothing as interesting or beneficial as hidden chambers of the Horn/Halcyon residence, though. He accepted the flower carefully.

"Sequencer... Genetic sequencer? Y'know, that rings a bell. I remember hearing that the Horn Jedi used to encode messages in the genes of flowers. Massively hard to decrypt. There any truth in that?"

“Not now!”

A disapproving tsk was audible over the com link that had been placed in his helmet. “This is important. You’re only driving, you can listen for too seconds of your life.”

Racing. I’m racing, and—“ A quick spin on the swoop interrupted the rider as viciously sharp blades of razor grass whipped passed his head, each capable of ending him as quickly as the next. “—it’s not as easy as it looks!”

Shooting through the grove of razor grass, the swoop spun furiously as he avoided hitting the murderous crystal grass, before it released into a large open expanse of bubbling, steaming mud. The swoop was lowered, to sit just across the swamp itself, the rough engines kicking up a fantail of boiling sludge behind them, like a bellowing cape.

“You doing alright Kiff?” This was the voice of another, Everet by the sound of the worry which went over Rat’s grumbling from before. “Have you caught up yet.”

“I probably would have already.” A red blur was visible through the mist, the next racer. “If you two weren’t constantly questioning me!” He pulled down hard on the accelerator and allowing the swoop to open up properly on the flat. “Get back here you little—“ A fallen tree had created a small arch across the end of the mud flats, it came up on him faster then he had expected and a sudden quick choice was necessary.

Over or Under.

He hesitated just a moment too long and he had to pull hard as the afterburners boomed and he soared over the log in a long arc, the swoop coming back down to the ground with enough speed that it almost ended him in a mess of molten metal as the repulsorlifts struggled to handle the sudden change of terrain. The other swoop had disappeared for a moment, until upon a rocky outcropping he glanced the perfect flash of grinning teeth. “Frakking swoopers!”

“Look I’m just worried about losing the credits, Kiff. I’ve put a lot of faith it you today, it’s a big deal.” Everet said as the same outcropping disappeared behind him, however before he could make a retort the outcrop turned out to be the edge of a ravine. A ravine lined with more razor grass. Razor grass that was about to make him into ribbons. Diving down the rider pulled the swoop as hard right as he possibly could, the vehicle grazing down a wall of razor grass spines, the clink clink of snapping crystal sounding over the thrusting of the swoop. A sudden burning pain ripped down his arm, yet he could not give it a spare moment, the ravine zigzagged worse then a drunken Drall.

“Listen, you overgrown muscle bag!” The swoop went left. “I wasn’t the one who thought it would be fun to have a fun night in the gangsinos.” Right Turn, dodge the razorglass. “I wasn’t the one who got in with pirates.” Another right, a left and another dodge of some razor glass. “And I certainly wasn’t the one who started talking up how this kid was the hottest jockey this side of Kessel and you’d wager ever credit you had, including the kid, on a race—“

“Me? Your the one who said you’d won every race you’ve ever taken part in!” The retort stung the ego a little bit. “Then decided after we had made the bet that you’d add on the detail that it was one race…IN A FIELD!”

“I LIKE EXAGGERATING!”

“Ahem.” Rat cut in, the racer clearly imagining the smug look on the Drall’s face. “As much as I enjoy listening to your stories, I think you’d like to know that the pirates have been talking amongst themselves. Even if you win, which looks like it probably wont happen, their just gonna kill us all anyway.

“KRIFF!” Everet cursed. “What are we gonna do?”

“We’re fine.” The racer said as calm as he could. “We’re fine.”
“I have a plan, but I need some time.” Rat muttered. “Kiff I just need you to keep racing. Win if you can, at least then you can say you’ve multiple races eh.”

“Right.” The sourness in the Racer’s voice was obvious. “No kriffing problem.”

The end of the course was appearing fast. The literal end. The finale was a steep but navigable oath down a sheer cliff face. The pirate still had the lead, and would maintain it if he got to the path first, it was too narrow to pass him on.

Unless.

“Now the fun begins.” Hitting the throttle the swoop powered straight ahead, missing the sharp turning onto the path and shot out of the ravine into open air. “Just don’t look down.” Fifty metres below the swamp basin was visible, giant clumps of razor grass grew everywhere beneath him. Aiming the swoop at the nearest thing to clear patch the throttle was kept on full.

The impact nearly blew the swoop out from under him. The repulsorlift made a sickening noise and the faring shattered with the bending of the vanes. More importantly though was the lack of impelling upon the razor grass, allowing for a very deep breath to be released as the swoop sputtering and leaking smhke limped into the clearing where Rat, Everet and the rest of the pirate gang waited.

The other racer pulled in and his helmet could not hid the open mouthed astonishment on his face. “Are you insane?” He had removed himself from the swoop and stood mere steps away from the racer who had started to remove his helmet. “What’s your name kid?”

“Sitra.” The boy threw the helmet on the ground, revealing a dashingly handsome young face with thick brown hair. “Alasdair Sitra. I’m glad you could make it…” A small nod from the pirate was offered, a mutual respect of sorts he supposed.

Everet stepped forward. “Well, I guess we win the bet then? Like I said, the kid is a damn fine jockey.” A slick line of sweat was pouring down his forehead.

The pirate’s started mulling around, hands moving to pockets. The one who had been the rider shook his head. “Yeah…He’s a good jockey, but about that bet…”

Anything else he had to say was blocked out by the crack of a hypersonic airspeeder as it shot in low over the valley, spiralling around the clearing. A long-range recon CorSec patrol. “Stay where you are. You are all under arrest!” An amplified voice boomed around the clearing as the wind whipped up their hair and the normal grass around them.

Swearing the pirate’s waved to each other. “Let’s get out of here!”

Everet, who had already jumped into the speeder they had used to get out here. “Leave the swoop Kiff, Rat, we should do the same.” Alasdair and Rat slid into the speeder as the CorSec craft had started to lower itself into the clearing, a bright light centred on them.

“Awfully convenient isn’t it?” Alasdair muttered as he started the speeder. “CorSec rocking up.”

A smile crossed the Drall’s face. “I’m sure it’s just pure chance that they got a tip off about illegal swoop racing. Now would you mind showing these chums how good a jockey you really are too?”

“My pleasure…”

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow, it wouldn't be proper to just reveal everything to a stranger but.. well there was some things that were fun and he already seemed to know the difficulty of decrypting such things. "Only if you believe all Corellians cheat at cards?" A smal laugh though and she held one of them up. "I haven't experimented with adding actual data to it yet aside from just one or two things to make sure it actually works. The information can be there and as he was liking to do put the key to view the information with it. All of those files though doubtful any would be worth much. Peoples private lives and things hundreds of years ago won't help much. Though now if we wanted to preserve information for other things it could be helpful."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow, it wouldn't be proper to just reveal everything to a stranger but.. well there was some things that were fun and he already seemed to know the difficulty of decrypting such things. "Only if you believe all Corellians cheat at cards?" A smal laugh though and she held one of them up. "I haven't experimented with adding actual data to it yet aside from just one or two things to make sure it actually works. The information can be there and as he was liking to do put the key to view the information with it. All of those files though doubtful any would be worth much. Peoples private lives and things hundreds of years ago won't help much. Though now if we wanted to preserve information for other things it could be helpful."

[member="Lorna Halcyon"]

"Hey, intact files from before the Dark Age are nothing to sniff at. I'm betting the local universities would love them." Belatedly, he realized he didn't know if any universities had rebuilt themselves on Corellia since the cataclysm. There had to be at least one or two, right? Coronet looked to be in great shape. But then again, how much of that had been the corporations, including the One Sith, and what had their priorities been?

"As for the encoding techniques... Yeah, that could certainly get used. You should talk to [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] over on Alderaan. She does a lot of great work with flowers." ... including coordination of underground rebellion assistance and suchlike things.

"Anyways, I should get on. Gotta meet my wife at the demolition derby. Good meeting ya, Halcyon. Thanks for the flower."

When he first heard of his mother going to visit some festival, the youngest Heavenshield thought little of it and dismissed it as just another 'thing moms do' in their spare time. He figured he'd much rather remain at home, seeking excitement wherever it may be found as he so often did. However, when she then revealed that said festival was taking place on a whole 'nother world, his eyes lit up with wonder. He had never been to space before, let alone set foot on another planet!

Despite having to accept the fact that his mother would accompany him wherever he went, Thirdas could not feel any more giddy as he walked the earth of planet Corellia. There was practically a slight bounce to his steps, he was so excited! The simple fact that he no longer needed to drape himself in warm furs and constantly combat the elements was far beyond what he could have imagined, let alone witnessing so many strange faces belonging to just as many varied species. Still, he chosen to keep his trusty handaxe on his person at all times; he felt quite naked without it.

"A dragon?!" he popped up next to Coci as she examined the jewelry, seemingly out of nowhere. "There are dragons on this world?" In his unending excitement the lad tugged at his mother's sleeve, calling upon her attention. "Can we please go find one? I wanna see one!" There were a great many beasts on Midvinter, many of which had fallen into myth over the centuries - including dragons. "Oh, and-uh... Looks pretty, I guess," he added, referring to the pearl.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

He slid the airspeeder around a corner. Coren was a Corellian and he wasn’t on the homeworld for very long. Getting himself into town was important. It wasn’t every year he could make it to Corellia for it, but moving himself into a Jedi situation over a military one made him have more time for other pursuits. Like exploration, speeder racing, and griefing the dark side. But today, it was all about smuggling and being home. And enjoying the views of the Gold Beaches.

He could stop by but he had a meeting in town, and was rushing down the freeway along the Beaches. One day, he’d retire back to the Estate and spend his days along the beaches. One day.

Not today. He kept moving his speeder until he hit the outskirts of Coronet. Around a corner, then another. He grinned as he could smell the scent of Coronet. And the market. He knew that Starchaser Enterprises was setting up work here. But that was more Kaia’s gig than his now. Still, wouldn’t hurt to check on the merchandise.

He parked his airspeeder and adjusted his jacket. Making his way towards the shuttle that was moving goods from the shuttle to the storefront. Just in time to see some Sand Cats being moved. Good animals, them.

Most of the market was being held in an older part of Coronet, the normally busy streets shut down and lined with vendors. Delila hadn't expected the market to be completely packed but perhaps it had been a windfall year for most Corellians and thus more credits in pockets. Perhaps it was just the Harvest Festival itself, out from the thumb of a more prying government.

Tossing the wrapping on her burrito away, the redhead braved the crowded market. If it could be sold one could find it here. Jewelry. Handmade preserves and garden goods. Small durni kits for pets. Nauga jerky. Hell if she looked hard enough through the winding market there probably was a nauga for sale somewhere. Just in case someone at the harvest festival got a hankerin' for full sized livestock she supposed.

First stop was at the booth of an elderly lady to buy hsuaberry jam. Dells could find it on Coruscant but it was expensive and a bit watered down. Homemade by elderly women seemed to mean there was actually more fruit, probably some old fashioned recipe.

Four large jars and many,many credits later Dells was off once again.

She giggled at her son's excitement as she place a kiss on the top of his head. "I doubt we will find dragons here, at least not today. To see these ones ... ", she held up the 'pearl' once more, "We need to travel to Tatoonie", she cupped his precious face. "I hope you are having fun my son, and maybe one day you will get to see the dragons yourself". It was lovely spending time with him, especially since at this point, he had not got into any sort of trouble and returned to her without a black eye.

"Do you think your father will like it on me?", she said holding it to her neck and placing the clip to secure it. The look on Thirdas' face at question was priceless as he was not sure he liked it himself and she laughed. She handed him two Corellian potato stick to eat and if he was still hunger they could get more food, there was plenty to be had here.

Coci placed her hand on his nearest shoulder and lead Thirdas along the line of stalls. She noticed one in particular, 'Starchaser Enterprises'. Coci had not seen that name in a long time, not since the SSC days when he trained Theo at the ripe old age of five to fire a rifle, Could that be Coren "sexy sig" Starchaser? There was only one way to find out, but alas Coren was not there. But the sound of meowing grabbed her attention and lo and behold was a basket full of cats. Corellian Sand Cats to be precise, kittens with big green eyes surrounded by a ball of fur. Well her heart melted.

She did not care for the price of them, "Do you have two males available?", she pointed to the cats, some in balls asleep while others prepared to pounce on the slumbering siblings. She wanted for two males, so there would not be any chance of introducing them into the ecosystem of Midvinter, and they would be 'neutralised', just to be sure. Coci was in luck, the last two male cats where placed in a carrying basket, and credits exchanged. "What do you think Thirdas? I think they would love Midvinter".

The two new family members would be sent to the Oathkeeper, as arranged by the stall seller. "Is [member="Coren Starchaser"] here today?". Coci was told he was, but who knew where. Maybe they could catch up another time. However...

A strange air of familiarity prickled up Coci's back, she turned to find what caused it and there she was. A woman Coci had not seen in a long time, as far back as the old rebel days when Coci was not even a padawan, not even trained in the force.

"Dells?", she asked just to be certain as the woman approached them laden with goods.
[member="Thirdas Heavenshield"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

It had been some time since he had began walking again, and he found himself drawn to an area where there seemed to be a gathering. He could feel the ripples through the Force, some felt apprehensive, some excited, others content, and nearly every other emotion on the spectrum to some degree. Amongst the many feelings emanating from the market place there were multiple presences in the Force, not surprising given the life of the city, but these were trained users. It wasn't the feeling of untapped potential he had known both sides of the coin there, some were less refined than others. Not weaker per se, simply earlier in their training.

What kept him on track for the area though was that there were those whom he recognized amongst the myriad of people at the gathering. While it was true he couldn't place names to each right now, the familiarity in their signatures was undeniable. Figured he might get the chance to see how old friends were doing. Or acquaintances at the very least. His pace was not overly quick, he had no reason to rush, well unless one counted the fact that he had somehow nearly run out of namana nectar. Though he did have a small bottle of goldwine for backup just in case. Few would ever have accused him of being unprepared when it came to booze, and yet he was nearly dry. It would be interesting to see who all had made it though.

Who knew he might even walk out with more than just a refilled flask, he might make some new friends. Only one way to find out though...also he could use an upgraded mobile home. Something he could actually keep at least one of his fighters with him in.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thirdas Heavenshield"]

Bag full of her grandma jam, Delila was certainly moving a bit slower now. It wasn't a large issue, she really had no where to be. Harvest Festival was a week long celebration, not that she was going to partake in each day. Being back meant the Gold Beaches were calling as well. No doubt they were going to be packed with an influx of bodies due to the festivities but it was still worth heading down. Last time she had been near a beach it hadn't gone well, explosions and getting shot at tended to ruin the peace that way.

Lost in her own world, Dells pulled front and center when her name - well nickname - was spoken. It wouldn't be unusual for someone to know her on the planet. She hadn't expected to run into anyone at the Harvest Festival though, too large and too crowded for such a thing. Besides, it wouldn't be the 'scene' of quite a few acquaintances. Eyes finally landed on a woman with a blonde boy. It took a moment but her brain finally registered the woman as Coci. The young boy must be her son.

"Coci? Hello there."

Dells made her way closer and offered a smile to the boy before pulling the dark haired woman into a hug.

"How are you? Its been a long time."

“They are gaining on us.”

The words, probably said as an out-loud thought, were answered by the speeder taking a hard left turn and continuing through the shrubs and grass plains that had become the surrounds since departing the race site. “No really? I couldn’t tell.”

“Will you two be —“ Everet was cut off as a blue beam, probably from an Ion rifle was shot down from the CorSec patroller above them, it had missed by a few centimetres but had been enough to send a jolt through the entire speeder. “Kid, I thought you said you could drive.”

“I can—“ Another blue beam went passed them to the left, yet it was ignored due to large clumping of razor glass making a sudden, and unwelcome reappearance. “—They however are flying. Slight advantage CorSec!”

“Your going to get us all killed.” The Drall said from the rear of the speeder, his small form holding on tightly as another sharp turn was made. “Or worse, arrested.”

“You really need to rethink your priorities!” The speeder ran through a small grouping of crystal, creating the ever painful noise of breaking glass, fortunately unlike the swoop it was built to take the abuse. “What we need is—“

A scan of the horizon with wide eyes gave the young Sitra a chance to gauge anything that could help them loose the patrol ship that was still weaving its way through the sky above them, blue and red lights imposing across everything.

Then he saw it, or at least he hoped he had.

The speeder took another sharp turn, grinding beaten metal against the ground as it did and throwing up a great following of dirt. The accelerator handle, which had been pulled back to do the turn as quickly as possible was opened again, thrown forward as far as it would go and a bit further for good luck.

“Where in the seven hells are you going kid?” Everet was trying to look for some form of landmark, but all he could see was, “Mountains? We can’t loose them on a mountain you idiot.” Sitra could feel the spit from the angered old Corellian splash across his face as he shouted.

“Not on.” Sitra replied, a small smirk creeping across his face. “Under.” The speeder continued its retreat at full pace, the mountain line growing ever large by the moment. He knew it would be a race to get there, a fine cut race with the patroller probably getting the idea of what they were up too already.

“Hold onto your—“ A cave entrance loomed, appearing from the seemingly solid rock as the neared. An old running route for the Coronet kids with jumped up speeders and too much time to spare. If they could get in they could loose the CorSec and return to the city unseen. They just had to get there.

A flash of blue. A painful white light and everything went dead. The engine failed, the repulsorlift collapsed and plunged them into the dirt, where they skidded until with a sickening crunch they came to a stop all together.

The dust hadn’t even settled when the three were dragged from the speeder by the armed and aggravated CorSec forces. A throbbing headache from where he had hit the panel during the crash would not let Sitra ignore Everet’s cursing as each were put in mag-cuffs and rather roughly put into the patroller.

At least he would have a warm and relatively comfortable bed tonight.

It was Dells, and she looked great for the time that had passed from those days to this. "It is great to see you again", she said softly as they embraced. As the hug ended, Coci looked her over as if still not believing she was standing here in front of her. "We should find a place to chat and catch up", she offered a wide smile. Maybe they could go find a drink somewhere, and something soft for Thirdas if he was thirsty.

"This is my son, Thirdas. He is my last born", she looked down into his handsome face so proud of him. What meeting the old leader of the Rebels would do to this active mind only the Gods would know. This would be a chance to find out about his mother's past, a time even Thèo knows nothing of.

"You must tell me everything, what you have been doing all this time". Coci took Thirdas' hand as they all began to walk at a slow pace to find a quiet spot, if one could actually be found at the festival. This could take hours for the women to catch up and Coci was mindful her son would get bored very quickly but there was plenty here to stimulate his mind.
[member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Thirdas Heavenshield"]

Thirdas was much too busy watching the two kittens his mother had just purchased, both of whom looked back at him with their big, round eyes. Extending a hand, the two did not waste any time sniffing his fingers before starting to lick them, much to the boy's enjoyment. Their tongues were incredibly soft to the touch, yet still coarse somehow. There were no small cats on Midvinter one would keep as pets; they were vicious predators the size of a grown man, or bigger. There were plenty of tamed hounds running about the settlements, but they never really appealed to him.

Petting the kittens for a moment longer, he barely noticed his mother turning to speak to another woman. Only when she introduced him did he turn his attention away from the small felines to greet the lady, whoever she was. "Hello," came his simple greeting, holding his mother's hand. She seemed nice enough, he supposed; she looked about the same age as mother, and they clearly knew each other from long ago by the way they interacted.

Looking back over his shoulder at the kittens being taken away to be sent to the Oathkeeper, a tiny frown found his lips as he'd rather wished to remain and pet them some more. But like father always says: "Patience." It was a difficult virtue for Thirdas to grasp, his mind always running wild with ideas and his heart desiring to be everywhere and doing everything at once if at all possible. He was not the sort to sit and wait around for life to intervene on his behalf.

"I'm hungry. Can I have a sweetroll, Mama?" He was grateful to have escaped the sea of people, big crowds was never his thing.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

Thera Mayeen

T
Thrash hadn't been on the planet in years, since before the planet was cracked nearly in half. Or was the planet actually cracked in half? You couldn't tell from the way Coronet was bustling. Decorations and fresh produce lined the streets and people filled in the gaps. The only way you could tell Corellia had ever been broken was if you went to the memorials. Too many deaths, not enough places to bury them, Thrash was flying from one now. It had been long enough to not have visited his parents at the memorial. There were tears, there were laughs, and unexpected moments of intimacy when he happened to run into a childhood friend of his there.

But now it was time to hit the town.

He flew over the city towards his new apartment in the Prime, his favorite Daw Motors speeder outside of the Speedster, but he didn't have nearly enough money to buy one of those when they first came out. Nor was he vain enough to fly one in public.

His speeder touched down on the landing pad and about half an hour later after a quick dip in the refresher and a cup of caf he was out and about with a hot nerf sausage and a hankering to get into some trouble.

The didn't call him Spitfire at the academy for nothing.

Riggs

R
Selecting a bottle from the crate he cracked the seal then took a deep draught. Several moments later he spit the liquor onto the ground, placed the cap back on the bottle, then tossed it to the other man standing in front of him.

"You call that swill Whyren's Reserve? Then you ain't no Corellian."

Both parties tensed in the warehouse littered with crates. Hazel eyes narrowed at the sudden flash of hostility. Crossing his arms over his chest he watched Jart seethe with red stained teeth that spoke to his addiction. "You can't back out of the deal and I've got more muscle." The seven thugs watched with amusement, weapons held loosely.

Glancing over at Dax and Kat he smiled a lopsided smirk. A slight nod and the three went into action. Dax, a besalisk, drew the four blasters adorning his body. Each held unwavering in massive, meaty hands. On the other side Kat raised both her arms. On her right gauntlet a missle prepared to fire, on the other the nozzle of the Mandalorian's flame thrower ignited. As for the man in the middle his hands flashed down to either thigh, his right aiming a DL-44 straight at Jart's face while the other aimed a protector revolver at his groin. The thugs Jart froze.

"I believe we haven't finished negotiating. You see, you have the quantity. I have the quality. Now me? I'll always choose quality over quantity. And I'm no smuggler or gun runner. I don't think you caught the name. I'm Shaden Vekarr."

Jart swallowed hard, his Adam's Apple starkly standing at attention. Shaden wasn't sure which bothered him more, the blaster at his face, the slug thrower at his groin, or the name Vekarr that still rang out with authority.

"I'm ssssorry sir. We heard you were dead. And the odds that you really were the Shaden Vekarr didn't seem likely...." Jart stuttered. The thugs were frozen. They knew if they even attempted to align their blasters death would ensue. Most likely theirs. Slowly Shaden holstered his weapons although his crew did not.

"Well then, give us what we purchased and we won't have a problem. Dax and Kat here will supervise. And for the misunderstanding I'm going to be allowed to borrow your bike for the remainder of our stay."

It wasn't a request but rather a statement. With a wink he turned and walked to the bike, giving his crew a nod. Firing up the bike he left the warehouse where already the correct crates were being brought to the YT-2000 sitting on a landing pad.

Racing through the streets he reached the outskirts of the market and parked on the side of an alley. A street rat was standing nearby and without another glance he tossed the keys to the kid. As he moved into the stalls he heard the bike roar to life, which brought a momentary smile to his face.

Easing through the crowds he moved through the vendors eyeing the merchandise. It was good to be back on Corellia, even if it was for business. These people, his people, were the salt of the Galaxy. And it did his old bones good to walk among them, even if it was to be a short time.

Coren was always happy to make his way home to Corellia. Sure, it wasn’t the Estate or Tyrena, the more resort town, but he knew where the scene would be fo the Harvest Festival. Plus, he was stalking down his company and making sure things were going well. They had offered to sponsor a few events during the festival. And right now he was working to check on the market before making his way out to see what was going on.

He had heard his name being called, a familiar voice and nodded at his own workers, a mix of Corellian humans and Selonians. Looking to the Selonian who announced that someone was looking for him, the Starchaser nodded. Stepping out to the main table, he grinned.

A few Corellians were here, going through wares a bit.

He saw the woman who was calling for him, Coci. Made sense, good Jedi, and Corellian. One of her kids? He thought he heard they were looking at the Sandcats. Hat was nice. Always good to get them out to good Corellian families. Smiling, Coren approached.

“Hey Coci, someone said you were looking for me?” He smiled, as he greeted one of his former active comrades, and still a trusted Jedi and friend. But lately Coren had joined the New Jedi Order and the Alliance. He looked over her shoulder to who she was speaking with.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I don’t believe we’ve been introduced?” Coren grinned and extended a hand. “Coren Starchaser.”

And Corellian playboy.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Thirdas Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

"Last born? How many do you have Coci?"

She didn't know Coci extremely well although they had been friendly in passing. The redhead was never one to really pry anyways as it never really was her business! Yet when one mentioned 'last born' she had to ask the question of how many. It had been years since they saw one another last after all.

The trio was moving out of the crowds, drifting on to quieter pastures. Easier to catch up. There was quite a bit to catch up on and Delila wasn't sure where to begin. As luck would have it they were interrupted by someone Coci was looking for earlier in the day. This left Delila standing with Thirdas as the two spoke. She wasn't good with kids but this one seemed older so that was a good start. Hand reached in her pocket and pulled out enough credits for at least two sweet rolls. Credits were given to the young fair headed boy, knowing it would be their secret. Most mothers didn't want their children wolfing down too many sweets after all.

Secret credit exchange had just occurred as the stranger turned his attention to her.

"Delila Castillon" Hand took his in greeting. "Pleasure to meet you Mr.Starchaser."

The Corellian Rose (retired)
Eliza continued to wander through the stalls of the Market. The petite smuggler really hadn't found anything yet that piqued her coin purse. None of the gauntlet gloves seen so far had been worth the pretty credit their hopeful merchant was asking to get.

For starters the leather was second rate, not even nerf in some cases rather more inline with cheap synthetic material, and whom ever sewed them had done so on a mass production quota system and hurried along not caring if the stitching was straight or not. The venders seemed to be carrying all the same product; what a disappointment too. In the old days, Corellians really took pride in what they sold. Eliza was all about quality not quantity.

Speaking of nerf... the spirited Corellisi decided to stop by a food vender and grab something 'home cooked' to eat. Steele loved her some good ol' nerf nuggets and buckwheat noodles with rancor sauce, and the spicier the better. Finding a table in the open-air cafe that viewed outward towards the crowds, the tan-skinned brunette ordered, then sat back with a glass of water... That was until a cold Corellian ale was brought over by the waitress, though Eliza had not ordered one...

Chocolate drop orbs looked to the benefactor of the said offering, and gave them an appreciative nod.

"Care to join... I don't bite, much. Oh and thanks for the drink," Lizzy smirked lightly, then took a long sip of the chilled amber drink, kicking out a chair for the invited with her heavy boot.

"It's a beautiful day for festivilizing, don't you think? So what brings you to these neck of the woods, hmm?"
___

@Any who wants to take up the tag. ;)

Sam was doing that off on her own thing walking through the markets looking at whatever caught her eye. It was a quiet day for her. She had not really been seen around since the dinner at Brads with Hawk and [member="Delila Castillon"] . How eventful was that?!

Her brother Hawk and his thoughts just well amazed her. Brad however was just Brad. She loved them both but they could drive a sane person to the brink of madness. The sounds of the market filled her ears it was a place you came to not be alone.

Voices, smells, treats, and a sense of belonging somewhere made coming to the market a high point. She missed the treats of home more than anything.

The gold beaches that she had spent hours on trying to turn herself into a golden fried potato had been some of the happiest days. But it was also on Corellia that she had almost died in the line of duty. She was over it and they found her something new to do. She just wasn't happy doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom