Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contractual Coalescence

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

She was intrigued.

From her previous experience with the curiously striped Twi'lek, Circe could only state that her interest in the woman - and her position within the Red Ravens - had grown. Such was the reason why she was here for their second meeting after what had happened previously - perhaps the Red Ravens were the sort who could have some sort of interest in what Emeritus Industries could provide - in particular, perhaps the Adamithium, or a variant of the Eightgun fighter.

She was someone who supported equal opportunity sales, after all.

Chiasa for her part was keen to get down to business, she was rather busy what with being a criminal kingpin and all. Queenpin? Crime Lord. Whatever. She'd taken time out from the billion other tasks she had to go to Seltos for a possibly crucial business meeting and had it interrupted by utterly unlikely ridiculousness. The chances of such things happening again were nearly zero however, so hopefully this time things could be accomplished.

Stubborn as she was, she refused to have let all that effort be for nothing, and so here she was meeting with Vanessa of Emeritus Industries again. She wanted that contract for Adamithium. As well as the production capabilities of the company. And if they happened to get used as a third party so she could do business within Omega Protectorate space.. Well that was an added bonus.

At least the setting was a step up. A live Jizz-band was playing in one corner at levels that made them nice background music, but did not interfere with conversations. Everything was clean and modern, with brown, white and gold tones predominating. As a vain little butterfly, the Twi'lek immediately noticed and appreciated that the place did not clash with her skin tone. It was possible she'd refused to spend time in places with too much green. Green and orange did not mesh well. The only exception was on jungle worlds, but after Orrazerus good luck trying to get her on one of those. Nature was for people who could not afford houses.

As the well dressed Twi'lek moved further into the Lounge, she spotted the blonde, and walked towards her, heels clicking on the marble floor.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

Vanessa immediately recognized the ravishing Twee, and as she walked to the lounge chairs the blonde Vahla had taken up residence in, the clandestine Sith Lady motioned for her to take a seat across from her. Now would be the time to discuss business without any sort of unfortunate incident getting in the way of things. The last thing she needed was for something completely unnecessary to ruin her good fun.

"My my... Chiasa, you look as delectable as ever, I must say. I assume we're here to talk business before pleasure, though."

The Twi'lek smiled at the blondes words. Not that she particularly intended on following through with the pleasure side of things, being largely uninterested in other women, regardless of how attractive they were. Still, she was vain enough that she would play the initial game with nearly anyone. She was beautiful after all, why would people not react as such?

"Sadly yes, we'd never get anything done otherwise I'm afraid."

The Twi'lek confirmed with faux sorrow as she seated herself, hand smoothing away a barely there wrinkle in the black fabric.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Why, I'm about to shed a tear at how true that is." Circe smiled, false-wiping a non-existent tear from her eye. "I suppose that this is the better option, just you and me together here now that we don't have to worry about any third parties." After all, third parties had a nasty havit of causing Circe all sorts of trouble, even when they had little to do with the situation at hand. [member="Jorus Merrill"] would be laughing his ass off right now... I try to blow him and some of those Protectorate people up, and here I am, completely reduxed working on them. Gotta love irony.

Well, she personally didn't, but it was all in good fun. "So, what do you find interesting about my products, and how may I assist you?"

The Twi'leks mouth quirked up in an amused smile, before she moved on to the business at hand.

"Adamithium, primarily. We have an.. upcoming project that would benefit from a very large amount of it. And likely the use of some of your facilities and personnel to work it. We have other companies as well as our own facilities of course, but none of them have worked Adamithium before."

This was true, when the Twi'lek had learned of the material she'd judged it a perfect addition to her current pet and very confidential project. She wanted it, and what she wanted she got.

"We may wind up interested in the rest of your catalog of course, but it is mainly the Adamithium I have immediate use for."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

The metal in question had seen little use outside of Subach or Emeritus products, and here was the opportunity that Vanessa herself had been looking for in order to offload some of the temperamental material to another company that, hopefully, could make use of it. "Adamithium is a very touchy substance to work with. You'd have to give us the specifications of the parts you want made of it. It's a real pain to forge, and it's not going to be able to be fixed if we don't get it right the first time."

Such was unfortunately true... Unless she just wanted parts adamithium-coated.

"Mmmm, we're looking at a rather large ship. The blueprints haven't been completely nailed down yet, they're going through the final stages of drafting, so I would not be able to supply them to you today. There are also a line of speciality droids in the works. Not mass produced of course, it would far too costly seeing as they couldn't be easily repaired."

The Twi'lek was thinking as she spoke. To be fair she rarely stopped.

"How does it work in conjunction with other metals? If I had materials and bases that could hold up to the heat could I use it as a dip to coat something else in a layer? I assume there's be a higher chance for structural flaws this way, but it would be much quicker and help off-set the fact that it's nearly irreparable.."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"It can work well as a dip..." She smiled. "Many of my company's ships and stations now use durasteel with an outer layer of adamithium. It allows for an adequate mixture of energy and physical resistance, after all." Such was always beneficial when it came to developing new types of starship, after all. "Well, what sort of material in question were you thinking of using for backing? This is hardly plasteel armor, after all."

Well, hopefully it wouldn't be. The last thing Circe needed was for a contract to go haywire.

"Likely Durasteel. Cortosis has useful properties but the brittleness is an issue. Phrik is a possibility but it's not exactly easily obtained so mass production would be out of the question."

Ultrachrome, Songsteel, Beskar. Again these things were rare, they would be for special projects only.

"It is good to hear it can be used in such a fashion, I would have found use for it in any case, but this makes things much easier and more reliable. One does have to admit to being rather tentative about using it to build a ship otherwise. Assuming you lost shields in an attack the prospect of the entire ships hull suddenly melting once the tipping point is reach is.. Less than comforting.

A slightly crooked smile and and brow rose a fraction of an inch in amusement at this thought. In the abstract it was funny, in reality she would never allow her Unkindness to take such a risk.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"I've worked on starships for decades, miss." She smiled. "Rest assured, your ships won't see anything like that happening. Now..." She paused. "Aside from the Adamithium itself, is there anything else I can offer you? We do have a fine selection of starships for sale - particularly designed towards causing massive devastation and surviving the laser fire during their attack runs."

After all, durability and firepower were key. Speed could always be negated by gravity well generators.

"I admit, I'm less familiar with your starships. We do keep a company on retainer currently who's been providing and designing ships for us as we need them. That said it never hurts to diversify. Harder to counter a mixed fleet. If you have the spec on yours I could look them over?"

Plus if her current providers excuse for why all the ships and droids he'd supplied had an overide or explosives in them that she'd been unaware of.. That thought was cut off, it was not a matter to dwell on now.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

Smiling, she handed the woman a datapad, complete with all the information of Emeritus tech, ships, and other accoutrements. "Unlike Incom, we don't have self-destruct items placed inside of our ships and whatnot. Once you purchase the individual ships, they are your property. That I can assure you of." Such was definitely the case - though she did find it odd at the specific reaction the company had towards those it did business with. Factories being destroyed would probably not have resulted in such complete and blatant severance as the destruction of all the ships.

Well, at least someone had sinned greater than Myra now.

"Good to hear."

The company in question had in fact been Stargo, but she made a note to be wary of Incom in future dealings.

Accepting the datapad she started skimming through it. She didn't even really get into the ships. They weren't her forte in all honesty. She was confident there was something there she could use. There was always something she could use.Two items however, caught her eye, eyes which immediately began to dance merrily. Chiasa was no fleeter, but she was a schemer, a plotter, and here she saw something that she could absolutely use to devastating effects. A pleased noise escaped her, and the corners of her lips twitched up, making the Twi'lek look very much like the cat who'd gotten into the cream.

It wouldn't work more than a few times, but if the battle was critical, if she needed to win...

"There are certainly products here I can use."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"What products in question, might I ask?" She smiled, looking at the striped Twee with an enraptured glance in her eye. "I mean, I only want to help you out, after all... And the best way I can do that is to provide you with the goods and services the Red Ravens need. Of course, I can also provide you with what you need after all." She grinned, looking the woman over once more.

She was quite intriguing...

"Off hand? The Pluton-class Battleship, the Legacy-class Heavy Cruiser, the Aeron-class Medium Bomber, the Aeseth-class Space Superiority Fighter, the Diathim-class Interceptor, the MPBP Shard-Class Pod, the Resolute-class Supercarrier, the Infernus Class Heavy Cruiser, the Wasp-Class Heavy Cruiser, the Reclaimer-Class Repair Vessel and the Eightgun-Class Assault Fighter. And I suppose an ungodly number of Scrapmetal-class Drones and Fragmentor-class Target Drones to use to train people on the new ships."

She didn't need all of those, though she would pay for them and use them, effectively at that. It was simply against her nature to let anyone know what she was really after. If you took too much interest in something a person might start to wonder why.

Better to hide what she really wanted among things she supposed she could use.

"And your assistance is most appreciated, by both myself and the Red Ravens."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
For the moment, Circe's jaw sort of hung open. That was an absolutely massive order, the sort that Emeritus - or Subach, for that matter - had never received. She supposed, however, that their production capabilities would certainly be able to handle it. If not, well... They could always open new facilities in Red Raven territory to counterbalance such. "I... I'm speechless. This is the contract I've been waiting to see for a long time now." She smiled. "We may need to construct factories and shipyards in your territory in order to best speed along the production of what you need. Would you happen to have any locations we could purchase or construct such facilities at?"

It was an opportunity. Best to milk it for all it was worth.

The other womans face was a sight to see, the Twi'lek was amused. The Ravens did not keep a standing army, but with their myriad of smugglers and pirates they had many people who could fly a ship, if a ship was available to them. She intended to make sure that there was. Air superiority at least in her own sector.

"We do in fact. We own extensive amounts of land on Antecedent. It will likely require tearing down what's already there, but, that is the nature of the business. We would not be willing to sell the land, but we would be happy to rent it, with the provision that the lease will be renewed for as long as our contract stands. We've had some trouble with people breaking their agreements with us.. Not that you would of course, but in the event that it did happen, we will not tolerate a company pumping out unfriendly starship on our own planet. Basic security matter."

She shrugged once.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"We're hardly the sort to do that sort of thing... Though I of course would expect a notification prior to any action taken towards the company overall. I've lost hundreds of employee lives when a galactic superpower turned its turbolasers on my shipyards and slaughtered my workers. Senseless bastards..." She grimaced at the thought of those the Fel Imperium had killed.

At least the CIS didn't try to get away.

"Trust me, if you crossed me badly enough that I would kill your workers without giving you the chance to withdraw them.. You would know it. It would not come as a surprise. That is not the sort of action I would take on a whim. It would be the direct result of a measurable and undeniable betrayal. Which hopefully will never arise, but as it seems you've experienced yourself, some people are.. Less than professional or reasonable."

For a moment she'd very nearly said she would never kill the employees. She would prefer not to, but at the end of the day she was a Crime Lord, and if someone slighted her badly enough she was almost obligated to go into 'with prejudice' mode.

She had enough trouble as it was, imagine if people started thinking she was soft?

"For any minor infraction, you would be given due notice, we would see if it could be resolved amicably and so on and so forth."

Lawyer speech. Honour the deal and all would be well, cross me and there will be consequences. It was as simple as that really.

[member="Enigma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom