Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract Negotiations, RCFC and Mandalorian Clans

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
The following missive was sent to the head of the Mandalorian Clans from Rusty of Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery.

Salutations,

It's come to my attention that you're in the market for weapons suited to avians of unusual size. It just so happens that we've been working on some weapons systems that might be of interest to you. Enclosed are the specifications for our Tactical Urban Response Kit Efficient Employment line.

T.U.R.K.E.E. Anti-Personnel- Twin Z-6 rotary cannon mounted on either side of the creature, running to a power pack contoured to fit comfortably around the bird's neck. Effective at dealing with troops in the open or behind light cover.

T.U.R.K.E.E. Anti-Vehicle- Twin heavy repeating blasters, mounted on either side of the creature, running to a power pack contoured to fit comfortably around the bird's neck. Capable of dealing with both light armor and low flying craft.

T.U.R.K.E.E. Auto Mortar- An avian-towed auto-mortar system. Fires 80 round mortars from a 5 round clip (note: clip is the appropriate usage here). Capable of firing a variety of munitions: anti-personnel fragmenting rounds, anti-armor shaped charges, baradium anti-everything charges, the list goes on.

T.U.R.K.E.E. Auto Cannon- An avian-towed anti-aircraft cannon capable of dealing with low flying craft. Can fire standard flak rounds, ion rounds that release a burst of ion energy for dealing with shields and electrical systems, and baradium charges for dealing with everything from fighter craft to angry gods.

I think you'll find our pricing most reasonable, and our tech support outstanding. If you would like to move forward with this venture, please sign the enclosed contract, which includes the option to commission further weapons systems and technology to fit the needs of the mission. If you would like to further discuss terms or other features of the contract, my comm number is enclosed as well.

Yours truly,
Rusty, CEO Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

The following missive was sent to Rusty of Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery from the head of the Mandalorian Clans.

Good afternoon,

How fast can the T.U.R.K.E.E. Auto Mortar and the T.U.R.K.E.E. Auto Cannon move? Seems like it'd be pretty slow. Slow doesn't intrigue us.

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

Rusty

The following missive was sent to the head of the Mandalorian Clans from Rusty of Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery.

Both weapons systems make use of lightweight alloys to reduce weight considerably. Further modifications from the base weapons systems designed have reduced weight further.

Mortars are extremely heavy because they have to be able to stand up to the energy generated by lobbing heavy projectiles towards the enemy. By utilizing electromagnetic propulsion rather than chemical, the weight of the mortar has been reduced to less than 20 kilograms, towed easily on a repulsor sled that would hardly burden the bird at all. When it's time to emplace, simply deactivate the sled and fire the anchors.

The autocannon also makes use of electromagnetic propulsion, which obviates the need for a heavy barrel. A lighter barrel not only makes the weapon considerably lighter, but also increases the speed and ease with which it can track targets. The unit weighs just a tick over 30 kilograms and has a range of upwards of 750 meters vertically and 1500 meters horizontally. It too travels on a repulsor sled, and is grounded and anchored when time to fire.

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

The following missive was sent to Rusty of Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery from the head of the Mandalorian Clans.

Rusty,

The Office of Mand'alor has approved an allotment of 3,000,000 credits for the development and refinement of these armaments for the first 1,000 birds outfitted. They'll be tested in combat operations before any contracts can be drawn for an elongated period of time.

Mand'alor has personally requested, and I've been asked to directly quote this, "Improvised Explosive Turkeys." Can we make this happen?

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Yes. Yes we can.

Testing will begin immediately. We should have the first lot ready to go by the end of the month.

I look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership with the Mandalorian Clans.

Yours truly,
Rusty, CEO of Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Rusty,

Mand'alor would like to inspect them once they're ready, he's very interested in them. Just give us a ring! Or buzz. Or holoimage.

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty,

He has seen the initial designs and is very pleased.

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

We're glad you're pleased. Initial testing has gone extremely well, and as a bonus, we've been eating turkey in the office all week. As it turns out, if you use a thermite charge and don't mind your meet a crispy on the outside, the legs cook nicely as a result. Haute cuisine it ain't, but damned if it doesn't work. The first batch will be shipped on the morrow, and testing has commenced on the other weapons systems.

Yours truly,
Rusty, CEO Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Rusty

The automortar and autocannon are in the final phases of quality control checks. We expect production and subsequently shipments to begin shortly. The first shipment of IET devices and Mobile Mounting Systems are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, NLT 1700 local time.

Yours truly,
Rusty
CEO, Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Rusty,

Mand'alor inquires whether they will be fitted for 'beach environments, jungle environments, and treetop environments'. He specifically asked, and I quote, "can I jettison a turkey to the top of a tree with some speakers on the back and start blasting loud music before I have to blow it's cloaca up."

Let us know what logistics would be required of the Clans to make this happen.

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Rusty stared at the message, dumbfounded.

"Is he karking with me? He's got to be karking with me. To hell with it. If you want speakers, I'll give you speakers. It's on now."

It will take some testing, but I'm confident we can deliver equipment to meet your specifications. Once initial R&D has given us an idea of what we're working with, I'll let you know what it'll cost, and you can decide from there if it's worth it.

Yours truly,
Rusty

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty,

hey make sure people can hear "highway to the mando zone" from up to two clicks away too lol smileyface winkyface

-Ra

Respectfully,
The Office of Mand'alor
The Mandalorian Clans

Rusty

The T.U.R.K.E.E. D.I.C.K. is ready for delivery. This one's on us.

Yours truly,
Rusty

[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom