Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contempt

His training with the order had proven fruitful, but discouraging. His mastery over the empyrean and its many blessings had improved tremendously; his faith in his compatriots certainly had not. There were very few individuals that could ever hope to live up to the impossible standards Cedric Grayson set for those that chose to walk alongside him; the fact that he was left very much alone in this hospital bed was a testament to that.

Some time in the bacta tank had kept Cedric from the brink of death, but the rehabilitation that followed was truly timely. It had been weeks since he'd set foot beyond the compound walls. The Republic, or rather the remnant of it, had elected to provide him with the proper care he'd needed after his time in the slave pits. He expected they would want the favor returned soon enough.

A recruiter was being sent to speak with him. That wasn't truly what the man was, but his intentions were clear enough before he'd ever step foot in the hospital. Cedric had agreed to the meeting, having decided that his presence was better utilized here rather than with the alliance. His loyalties remained with the Force and its divine will; anyone that chose to serve that will was his ally, but borders did not concern him.

The door slid open to admit his visitor.

"Good morning - I hope your trip went well?"

The Mandalorian walked through the door to hear the adult version of the child he meet once many years ago, he looked to [member="Cedric Grayson"] who was in the Hospital room. He had served his father once before and his pupil died for his father. He held no resentment towards the Grayson family as Jagger's loyalty was not something easy to achieve. If the son of the great Dark Sider was as amazing as Drox had mentioned, then he would require his assistance in the time to come. The Republic was not as strong as he had hoped, he wanted to strengthen the Senate and keep the Force Users as a support role, not one of leadership within the Military. Cedric was one of the few exceptions along with the Grand Master himself, they both lead large armies in the field and as such could be pivotal players within the Republic.

"The Trip was actually quite nice, took side roads all the way here," Jaster never really visited the capital planet of Nadiem often, it was actually a very beautiful planet that was no really that important. "We have meet one time before, though you were pretty young," The tall 6'4" steel encased individual walked up to the bed where the man laid during recovery, "The name is Jaster Awaud, I served your father once as well as sold you arms during the Dominion."

He pulled a Data-Pad from behind his back, placing it on the side night stand next to the bed. "Many Dominion Troopers joined the Republic after, and when they heard your were alive, they attempted to donate millions of credits towards your recovery, however, I stopped this action and promised the men I would deliver their letters to you personally."

He pulled a chair aside and sat down, "So how did slavery treat you?"

He hadn't known who they would send, only that it would be someone familiar. That much they hadn't even told him - he'd simply surmised as much given the state of the remnant. There were more than a few familiar faces, and a number of individuals had reached out, just as Jaster suggested.

"I know of you. I never forget a face - you were there on the regent's coronation day," the youth's brow furrowed. He recalled that day well, the silence of the crowds and the thunder of the storm overhead. It had been a somber day; the day that had signaled the end of his childhood. Such memories brought a frown to his lips, though he did not let it reach his eyes. Rather than elaborate further upon the meeting in question, Cedric opted to sit up and lean back in his hospital bed.

"My people are still loyal. At least I have that much to cling to," the knight breathed a quiet sigh, "Slavery was...an experience. A humbling one, but not one I would want to repeat," his brow furrowed. "Thank you for delivering the letters. It's been a long time since I spoke with my people."

He paused.

"Why have you come to speak with me Jaster?"

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Jasters red glowing eyes from his metallic armor narrowed at [member="Cedric Grayson"]. The young man was not as dumb as the other he had dealt with while on contract with the Republic. The reason for why he was here was pretty obvious, the Grayson's were possibly one of the most influential Force families in the galaxy. So much so they were a build a loyal following of dedicated worriers that nearly defeated the Mandalorians. His contacts and studies in politics as well as other possible areas of expertise.

He looked over the boy, "Well we are about to enter war with the Hutt and Criminal Syndicates of the Hutt Territories, I figured you would want some pay back," Jaster would waist no expens on helping the young man. "In truth, I have no capable officers under my command, and the 501st and several Dominion Platoons have threatened to leave the Republic."

He leaned in his seat and crossed his arms, "Only problem is that the Senate requires that if you join the Grand Army, then you'd get a normal commission as anyone else, if you agree and ready to bring justice to this unlawful area, we would have to stand before the senate."

Cedric said nothing as Jaster made his offer. The Jedi Knight's face was stone, though the slightest hint of a smile tugged at the corner of his lip. He'd read up on Jaster, just as he had most of the leading officers that had served in his father's armies at one time or another. Many were particularly skilled, but amoral men. Jaster had proven to follow the former pattern as Cedric had expected, the latter however was yet to be seen.

The former Archlord sat upright in the bed; treating the paltry thing as if it were a proper throne. "I fought alongside the Galactic Alliance, but their objectives differ from mine. My loyalties have always been to the Republic that my parents gave their lives to save."

A calloused hand was offered to Jaster.

"I'll meet with your senate, and my men will fight your war, but I need the proper rank to lead my people. I'll leave that to you." With a bit of effort, the wounded warrior managed to force himself up off the bed. He settled on shaky legs alongside of it, but after a few moments of brief mediation, he seemed to regain proper balance.

"Tell me everything I need to know about the remnant. Who runs things, how are things, what are the most pressing threats?"

The man watched as the boy offered his hand in agreement, Jaster took it and shoke it as best he could without breaking the mans hand. However, he could feel that the man had a strong grip, even in his weaken form after the torment he received. The old man had the workings of the republic, heck, he even knew that the man would say yes and as such, he set up a meeting with the Chancellor himself. "Well we are a pretty small unit of planets so its easy in this early form, Chancellor Briar, previous Secretary of the last Chancellor of the Galactic Republic is the man in charge as the last surviving member if the cabinet, he has little mind of his own, but the man seems nice as long as your a man," Jaster knew the man though was a fearful bag of meat, also womanized females to the point most of his security was of that gender. "In truth though, the major party to be concerned for is Senator [member="Adder Dawnracer"] and Senator [member="Mark Crassis"], point man for Republic Intelligence, without Dawnracers backing and political support, the republic would not be, his daughter also serves in the Rangers, and that where Senator Crassis comes in, Smart man, and supports Dawnracer, they are the main power within the Senate and the Chancellor is powerless to them."

He offered help to the man, if he needed it and started to walk towards the hallway, "In truth, the Republic is in a sorry state of affairs, to the north we are opening alliances with the Sovereign, as well as the Ancient Eye, though they could strike at any time, the west is nothing but criminal space, Hutt Territories, Black Sun Hideouts, and even Red Raven Holdouts, and to the south we move towards the Galactic Empire, no allies to help us regain their lost glory."

He did his best to make sure the man would not fall, "Our biggest worry is not the support or manpower, myself and [member="Tylane of Isobe"] have made the Military a force to recon with, even the Jedi Order have shown to be helpful in support roles within the Military, however we are short capable commanders and diplomats, and from the file I've read on you, you're capable of both, of course I'll have to butter up the Chancellor before he accepts you as a Field Marshal, but that should not be difficult."

Cedric listened with respectful silence. He managed to right himself without too much issue, though walking proved a daunting task. Even still, he rejected Jaster's offer of help. The first few steps were a painful, shaky affair, but a few moments of careful plodding led Cedric to the right state of balance. Jaster would have no idea that Cedric was calling upon the force for assistance in this endeavor, nor did he need to know. DCedric understood that appearances often meant everything when it came to men of power, and he was intent on appearing anything if weak to the Republic's remaining leadership.

"Sounds like you need to vote in a new chancellor," the Jedi Knight grumbled as they continued down the halls. "I'll need to speak with these senators, get a good handle on who I am dealing with. I don't know about these other nations - tell me about them." Cedric spoke with an air of command that demanded an answer, yet remained entirely polite in nature. The grateful smile with which he affixed Jaster was aimed to take the edge off of such demands, and make them seem as little more than harmless suggestions.

"What Jedi are here? Perhaps I know them."

After a few more steps, the Jedi Knight relented. He took Jaster's arm and gave him a grateful nod. "Tylane?"

It would seem that the young Jedi Knight [member="Cedric Grayson"] was getting a little demanding in his voice. If he truly knew who Jaster was, he would have picked a better tone, but jaster was understanding of his needs. He was abandoned by the GA and left to deal with a place he knew very little about. Information was the life blood of the galaxy, but it was not cheap, he would be repaid in other means. "Well though I do not agree with how the chancellor does his job, he is the only person available and he needs my support so long as my company keeps supplying the much needed raw goods his Republic needs."

The smile did soften the blow of the mans demands, however he would continue giving the man the info he currently had, "In truth the Jedi that have joined the Republic are more of a religious order then peace keepers, they only offer support in minor capacities in the military presence," he looked from Cedric to the ceiling thinking of how to explain it, then looked back with his odd formed helmet, "They are just an organization that lends it assitance when the Military or Senate ask for it." The second part of the question was a little more difficult to answer. "I do not know much about the Jedi Order here, you would have to go and speak with Grand Master [member="Kian Karr"], a very talented military and political leader in his own right, however, other then him I do not know of any other Jedi."

It was after he grabbed his arm that they stopped in the hall way, it was not noticed before, but there were some Republic Troopers who were in the hallway. They say this and started to move to see if the man needed help, but Jaster only shook his head. The troopers returned to their post and stood guard in the hall way. "Yes, Tylane is the Grand Admiral of the Republic Navy, she is actually pretty scary even by Mandalorian standards, she reminds me of a more strict Jagger really, do you know her?"

The troopers were met with a confident smile and a friendly nod. They had seen his moment of weakness, though Cedric supposed it wouldn't do him much harm. He had been kept in the hands of an unfriendly captor for months, after all. Even still, the knight recoiled as he felt the soldiers sense of pity within the currents of the empyrean. Their expressions were hidden by their helms, their tongues kept to themselves, but their negative feelings could never truly be hidden from Cedric.

"There is no Jedi Order Jaster. We're all just different enclaves of a shattered order, each believing itself the righteous future of the Jedi Order. In truth, I don't know if anyone could ever bring us together again, save for extinction." The youth's brow furrowed. "But that, of course, is not possible. The few Jedi that remain do what we can, and I will do my best to contribute here as much as I can."

They came to a fork in the hallway. Cedric halted to let Jaster lead the way.

"I know of Master Karr. He and my father fought alongside one another before the fall. He was one of the last good men left within the Order - I'm surprised he's still alive, but it's very good news."

His brow furrowed. "I don't know her. I have to admit I don't know much of what's been going on in this half of the galaxy," the knight huffed a quiet laugh. "I don't even have a lightsaber anymore. I'm making all of these plans in my head without the means to carry them out," a pause, "How badly is the war going? Has the Republic taken part?"

It was good to see [member="Cedric Grayson"] in his ability to keep up with him, once they reached the fork in the road, they took a left. It was only a few more yards till they left the recovery unit of the senate builder. He was brought here by Jaster own care. All the medical bills and the supplies were all supplied by his company. He did not want to tell the man, but that was the reason they were within walking distance of the Chancellor himself. Jaster had a hand in nearly every production means across the galaxy as well as secrete trade lanes that made him a pretty penny.

Jaster was wondering what the man was talking about, from the last time he saw Cedric when he was being recovered from Ziuge a light saber was with him. The unknown female with him was might have held onto it while he was in recovery, or it may have even been hers. Jaster decided not to get into it with him and decided to keep up with the conversations. "I was not aware, there are so many Jedi Orders in this day and age, an old man like myself gets lost in it all." He offered a small chuckle as he continued the walk. "Well if your interested, both the Hutt Territories along with the Unknown Region are some of the most lawless in the galaxy, the senate have decided to hold off involvement in the Galactic War, we have chosen to side with the Galactic Alliance, though we have only been able to send in the Special Forces Ranger Battalion."

He'd figured as much.

To survive this long undetected, the Republic had to at least be partly intelligent. Even blind luck could not secure a civilization's future. With that in mind, siding with the Galactic Alliance was truly the only choice they had. Alone, the Republic would be a target for the Sith and their allies. Returning to the galactic stage had placed a target upon their backs, one that could only be staved off through intelligent political works, and perhaps a bit of good fortune.

"It's an interesting war," Cedric remarked coldly. "Never before have so many different factions been thrown into a singular war. I don't think the galaxy has ever seen a conflict of this sort - perhaps to its scale yes, but lacking in the political nuance of it all."

The knight breathed a heavy sigh.

"The orders are indeed shattered, but you've my service if no other Jedi's. If we do not fight, the Sith will take everything we love. We don't have a choice; I'm glad to see that the Republic understands that."

The rest of the senate building was something of a marvel, though it was nothing compared to the glories of the old senate on Coruscant. Cedric regarded the building curiously as they explored its halls.

"What's your stake in this Jaster? You're Mandalorian - your people sided with the Sith."

Jaster stopped as [member="Cedric Grayson"] mentioned that his people sided with the Sith. He did his best to hid his anger, but he knew the force user could feel his anger. He was a Force Hunter and killed or captured all kinds of Force User, he researched all aspects of them and knew all teaching of the Force. As he was not a Force User, they had no effect on him, at least not a lot to effect to galaxy. His eyes cocked back at the young lord and stopped in his tracks.

He took a deep breath though his rebreather, "It is true, my people had sided with the Sith under the rule of Ra, but clan Awaud had always been a nomadic clan and as such we did not take part in the Civil War between Mia and Ra, we however took on the responsibility to protect the followers of Mia and the defeated clans of the Civil War who were marked as Exiles," He turned and continued to walk on, "These people need a home and in my service for producing an effective army for the Republic, they would make a home for those clans who deem it to dangerous to go home,"

He did chuckle however, there was a new Mand'alor who was promising. She followed the path of the old ways, and he wished to keep the Clans United like his forfather, Mand'alor the Uniter. "This has changed however, the young wolf, Yasha, the new Mand'alor has cut ties with the Sith and chose Neutrality to rebuild Mandalore after its destruction during the Civil War, I don't know my stance in their world, but I have offered to help." He continued to walk down the hallway, "So the reason for my involvement with the Republic, is purely self interest and the unity of the Mandalorain Ideals."

It made as much sense as any answer. Cedric had never expected the Mandalorians to do anything out of altruistic intent; they had always been a greedy people. Cedric's private thoughts on the matter of the Mando'ade remained unspoken however; Jaster had provided him with hospitality, and he was not about to spit in the face of that kindness. "I only heard about the civil war in passing. Didn't hear much about it other than that it was bloody, and that most folks thought it was pointless."

It seemed the Mandalorians had a dozen different enclaves scattered across the galaxy, each believing itself the rightful heir to their bloody legacy. In a way, the situation the Mando'ade found themselves in was not entirely dissimilar to the Jedi dilemma. Too many impassioned voices; too few calm minds to placate them.

"They betrayed us at Dagobah. We almost lost that world because of them, and then the First Order swept in and took it anyway," Cedric's brow furrowed. "The longer we let the imperials continue unmolested, the harder they're going to be to put down."

They came to the entrance to the senatorial hall. Cedric decided that this one wasn't overtly gaudy, which was more than he could say about the last senatorial hall he'd been in. "What happens when the Mandalorians finish rebuilding, and come to reclaim their lost brothers here in the south?"

Jaster only thought of the bloody war where the warrior Clans fought each other in many dishonorable conducts. [member="Cedric Grayson"] was right to question the intents of the Mandalorians, they traded leaders quicker then most women change cloths. "The War was pointless, Clan Awaud chose to stay neutral in the whole affair and as such we were repaid with the death of my grandfather and last great Alor of our clan," Jaster opened the door to the senatorial building, "Since then I have become the Alor of my clan and chosen to protect the Mandalorian People from themselves, but you know as well as I that the will of the Mandalorians are vague at best, once they rebuild, who knows what comes next, but I will speak to keep my people out of War."

Jaster remembered his time in the First Orders as a Governor of his Corporate World. They were a militaristic people, and he often butted heads with their military leaders to offer new ways to wage war. He retired from his life and chose to take his company in a mobile headquarters within his Flagship. "The Order and it's ways are very concerning, but they are at war with the Alliance, we have problems of our own with the Empire and the Criminal Syndicates, those will always be our first priorities as if anything else we can be the Economic Backbone that drives the Alliance to Bulldoze all threats."

Jaster knew more then anyone, that money was the driving force behind the First Orders power, the worlds they controlled allowed them to pump more ships and send more people into the fray. Their Industrial Complex was something to behold entirely. The Alliance was only able to hold them back by their pure skill and veteran officers. They did not have the ships to throw away like the Empire of First Order, who had the recourse and yards to get those armadas of invasion fleets. Being on the Offensive was postponed at best for the Alliance without more support.

"Well, hopefully the Mandalorians side with us in the next conflict. I'm tired of making friends, and then having them shoot at me later." Cedric grumbled. He wasn't kidding either - such events had happened to him twice in the past already. Politics truly were a schutta.

"The Alliance has new leadership, and I have confidence that leadership will push them in the right direction. The alliance will hold the line while we secure the south. Once we take Kamino, we'll have the resources we need to turn the tide of the war. Cloning and its moral issues aside, the power of all that medical technology would save thousands of lives. Cloned organs are exceedingly difficult to come by; Kamino will solve our resource problem all together medically speaking."

The doors opened, and Cedric stepped through after Jaster. He made a point not to walk ahead of the general, so as not to overstep his bounds. "You're going to need to show me where the closest brothel is after this Jaster."

The knight chuckled as he stepped into the senate chambers.

He would smile under the optimism the man had for the idea that there was an end to this war. In truth there was no end, the GA were the only ones that were really making a dent in the aspect of the so called bad guys. He only wanted to further his company and make sure the Mandalorain Culture survived it all. It was all just a Jest to Jaster until the man brought up the Idea of Cloning. He was interested in that, as his company had not had trade with Cloning Medical Technology. Before stepping into the room where he would meet with the Chancellor he spoke a quick second, "You will have to inform me more about this Cloning Idea you have, the UTC is always looking to get their hands on new tech."

He walked forward to see a large light skinned man sitting behind a desk with two troopers in flat black Armor. They were different the the ones in the hall way as well as the Senate Guard the wondered the halls. Jaster approached the man and the guards came to attention and the man looked up to him, "Ahh, Jaster, I almost forgot about our meeting today."

The tall Mandalorain only walked to the desk and looked down on the fat man with his terrifyingly faceless eyes, "I'm sure you also hoped I would forget at my last payment did not go through, It is funny to think the Republic will want me and my people to work for free."

The Chancellor, who was once smiling, became nervous in his sitting pasistion. He still kept up his smile to the man, but down intertwined his fingers on the desk, "Yes, well the Invasion of Nar Haaska was more expensive then we had though, we can only offer the trade ports and continue our agreement to trade with your company, that is all I can offer at the moment."

Jaster only hummed as he showed his disgruntalness of the man, "Then as payment you'll meed my new friend who I am recomending for the posistion of Field Marshal of the Ex-Dominion Forces, I am to busy building 'Your' Army to properly command them."

The man took the chance to get out from under Jasters gaze and looked to the Yound man, "Aren't you that Jedi we rescued from slavery?"

The chancellor was a meek looking man. Cedric regarded him curiously, though his expression was one of stone. He was clad in the garments of his former station, though his face was not shrouded by a mask this time around. The knight bowed his head.

"It is indeed. My name is Cedric Grayson, and I'm here to help see things moved along in a timely fashion." The Jedi Knight offered the man a warm smile. For all that Jaster might have said of the man, the chancellor at least looked him in the eye.

"And what would be your price?" The older man asked, a brow raised. The knight did not flinch.

"Only what is afforded to me by my rank, though I intend to act autonomously to a certain degree. Our borders need expanding." Blue eyes flickered to Jaster for confirmation.

"We can't wage a war with four worlds on our side."

As [member="Cedric Grayson"] looked over to him, he knew that he was asking for. As such he looked back to the Chancellor, "Senator Dracks of Teth as well as Senator Dawnracer of Nadium has agreed to the approval of his rank,"

The chancellor was now in a bad spot, if he disprove of the knights given rank, against the two most powerful senators. Well he would not be chancellor for much longer. "It is true, the Republic must bring freedom and democracy to the worlds under the oppressive thumb of the Criminal Territories."

Jaster cared little about the politics behind it all, his people were always first. After that it was his company, and then the Republics best interest. He was tired of running the expanding military by himself, promoting Field Marshals and Grand Admirals was something that needed to be done within a larger military government. It was time for him to hand off the responsibility of other military divisions, he needed to focus on increasing the next batches fighting capability as more refugees flooded from the Sith and Empire right into the Republic.

"That is true Chancellor, and what a better poster boy then someone who was freed from slavery, and fighting against his oppressors." The Chancellor was always someone for PR.

A poster boy?

Cedric didn't think he fit the mold. He wasn't the traditional soldier they would need for that sort of thing: he was far too cold, a bit unhinged, and perhaps the slightest bit rogue. Even still, the chancellor offered nothing by way of debate. He simply nodded.

"Perhaps you have a point General. Perhaps you have a point," the chancellor repeated, his fingers steeping in a pyramid before him. Cedric smiled.

"I don't know how well I'll fulfill that role, but I do aim to help in whatever ways I can."

His arms folded about his chest as he strolled closer to the chancellor's desk. Circumventing the rule of democracy like this was not something Cedric enjoyed, but sometimes it had to be done. The voices of many were never a concise amalgamation, and they did not have time to deliberate over something as superficial as rank.

"That's the goal then? Annexation of the Hutt territories?"

Jaster was interested in the Chancellors take on this "Crusade of Justice" that he had been hearing in the news lately. He knew Dracks, the man was emotionless as a rock, as such he cared less for the Hutts, only to fight the GE and making Teth a center of Trade. Dawnracers was another story, the man was a hard read, but he knew that freeing the enslaved and bringing justice was a real meaning to him. "The Current plan of the Republic is to pacify the Criminal Worlds and bring Democracy and Law to places where there has never been any, General Awaud and the UTC and Republic Industries has really backed up that ideal, and as such we need to spread the wealth."

Jaster knew what that mean. Either the man was a real bleeding heart like some leaders in the galaxy, or he just wanted to tax the galaxy and lay in piled of credits that ruined the old republic. "Chancellor, if we wont to expand the Republics Boarders, placing Cedric as the Field Marshal of the Dominion Forces would steam roll any opposition," He needed to push for the appointment, letting the mans mind drift for too long and he could change it, "If he keeps pushing, we could make it to Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa by the end of the year."

The man now was interested, those trade lines could lead directly to the CSA, and an alliance with them could bring in lots of Import Taxes and Income for the Republic. He cleared his throat, "If that can be a promise General, I see no reason to stall his commission." He stood to shake Cedrics hand, "Welcome to the Republic Marshal."

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom