Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Contemplation

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Madison Starr

Screenshot_2014-10-11_23_10_24_392600.jpg

It's been years since Jax been in his dorm room in the Jedi Temple, he was surprised that everything from the Podracing posters on the walls to the large Holocomputer he smuggled in as a kid was intact. A Jedi was taught to keep their belongings to a minimum but given how more and more Jedi are branching to government or businesses it sounded more like a suggestion now and days. If anything, Jax felt like he was one of the few Jedi who was upholding the tradition of traveling around the Galaxy to stop criminals and cartels. Jax sighed collapsing on his bed, he grimaced a bit as his back began to tighten up again. The bed felt harder than he remembered smaller too, Jax closed his eye trying to relax the Jedi Temple was still recovering from the attack by the Brotherhood. He wanted to mediate but The Room of Thousand Fountains was still tainted by the Dark Side thanks to Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé opening a portal to the Dark Side Netherworld. Besides, Jax didn't like the temporary setups the NJO built for mediation rooms it was too cramped and filled with noise of repair droids doing their day-to-day businesses.

For the first time for what felt like a long time, Jax felt overwhelmed by quite frankly everything. The fact that the GA is engaging in another war after finishing up a bloody one was insane to the point where Jax wondered if the GA was like the The Sith Empire of old: Warmongers. Also, the uncertainty on where the Jedi stand in the Galactic Alliance weighed heavily on him. The Jedi Master didn't participate in any of the Jedi meetings, but he heard that the relationship between the senate and the Jedi is breaking down. Jax also wondered about his relationship, hadn't seen Jairdain Jairdain in a while because he kept throwing himself in battle after battle. It was a point of contention in their relationship with Jair fearing that he would die same way her ex-lover: Yuroic did. Jax promised her that it wouldn't happen, but they both knew that war was unpredictable. Jax didn't want to scare Jair, but he didn't want to abandon the people of the Alliance.

Even though approval among the people was chit, the Jedi were sworn to protect them. However, Jax had to agree with the rising sentiment that the Jedi had become out of touch. From committing war crimes alleged and real, to keeping secrets from the senate, the recent bill they passed could be the nail in the coffin for Jedi being deemed unnecessary to lead troops into battle. With each planet getting a standing army, what would be the point of the Jedi? Sighing heavily, Jax stared at the fan quietly spinning in the middle of the ceiling. He didn't even think about all of the injuries he sustained during the Hyperspace War. Lost eye, broken back, it was a miracle that Jax was still standing to be honest. It was like something was propping him up. Jax was glad, but even he needed a break from battle.

"I just want an era of peace," Jax muttered. "Is that too much to ask for now and days?"

Madison Starr

M
She stood outside his door garbed in a black leather jacket and tall armored combat boots. A city girl, a long way from Denon. A Jedi Apprentice, with little in the way of formal training. A fully grown woman. With a whole new world ahead of her. Unsure of what to expect.

knock knock knock

She smiled faintly and took a step back. Quietly touching the Lightsaber at the back of her belt. Just for nerves. Though she wasn't nervous per-se. Just, out of place. This Temple was foreign to her. Damaged, in many ways. Different. I guess... Well? I guess you could say she wasn't quite sure what to expect anymore.

Madison Starr was a blue-collar worker from a beautiful oceanic world, overrun by war. She'd lived the past few months as a survivor. Surrounded by people and sick friends she needed to keep safe. People she'd saved from the Devaronian Underworld and transported to Denon for a new life. But a new life didn't mean an easy one. She herself had something most people her age didn't. Dreams. Visions. Visions of the Force. Visions of the Jedi. Nightmares of galactic-spanning battles to come.

She straightened her fur-trimmed black jacket and held her chin up high. Remembering to breath a little too.

After Denon, Madison moved to Kashyyyk. Taking up the Silver Jedi way of life. Trying to learn a new routine. Fit in, on a terrible new world. Among alien species and monk-like aesthetics that she'd only ever dreamed about. With access to a library and whole new world of learning that she never even believed existed. It gave her hope. It gave her chills. She'd defaulted to what she knew best. Welding. Fusion cutting. Working with metal. Keeping busy and aiming to make a little money on the side. That is... Between all the Jedi Training, of course.

Madison was an Apprentice without a Master. She'd wanted it that way, to be honest. For a time, at least. She still considered herself to be testing the waters of the Jedi, so to speak. Taking it slow. Only one little footstep at a time. Her dreams had lead her to Kashyyyk. But they didn't actually tell her why. The Force was mysterious like that, I guess. One breadcrumb trail to the next. With too many juggled futures and alternate realities to really map out fully. No. She needed to make her own decisions now. Be her own boss.

"Be my own boss." She smiled faintly as she heard movement behind the door, "Heh. Funny."

She'd come all this way figuring to herself just that.

That maybe. Just maybe. This... Master Thio. Was exactly the kind of guy who could help her get settled into a new Jedi way of life.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Jax's breathing slowed to a crawl, the hard bed all of a sudden felt comfortable now. His lone eyelid started to feel heavy, a good nap was what he needed right now. Jax didn't have a good night's sleep since the Hyperspace War started. It was best to rest and recharge before he got the call to fight for the GA again. A smile formed on his face, his head beginning to sink into the cool, and fluffy pillows as his brain began to show images of peaceful dreams..... "This feels....." Jax murmured smiling brightly closing his eye. "Heavenly."

Loud knocks immediately woke the Jedi Master up.

"Oh, come on!" Jax grumbled his body sitting up bolt straight. Those knocks sounded like turbo cannons hitting the hull of a superstar destroyer. Just when he was getting some time for himself, something has to come up.

Reaching into the Force, Jax could sense a lost soul who had extraordinary power in the Force who seemed to be looking for answers. "Well, why don't you ask a Jedi Master if you want to train?" Jax growled getting out of his bed. "Oh wait....." he sighed realize what he just said. "I am a Jedi Master."

Jax kept forgetting that he had just been promoted to Master. It was still strange to Jax that he was deemed worthy of being one by the NJO. He thought they were ignoring him given his less than stellar reputation. Jax dragged his feet towards the door forcing a smile. "Hello!" Jax opened the door revealing a pale young woman covered in furs. She looked like she crawled out of from the jungles of Felucia. "How can I help you today?"

Madison Starr

M
Oh good! He's actually here.

"Hi. Um, sorry to bother you? I'm Madison. Erm. Madison Starr. Yes. That's me." She sort of stammered. Unsure exactly at what she had planned to say at this point.

"Um. I'm with the Silvers. Silver Jedi. Kind of, long story. ...Anyway. I was wondering? Are you? Master Thio? New Jedi Order? I was looking for a combat trainer and they told me you had actual wartime experience so... Um. Yeah."

That. Sounded pretty stupid. Of course he was. This was Master Thio's number. This was the Coruscant Temple. He clearly sensed like a Jedi. Omph. Nice one Mads. Terrible start. Really impressive.

"What I mean is?" She sort of smiled and straightened up. Remembering what she had originally planned to say.

"Would you like to go get some coffee with me? And, talk about sword fighting?"

She smiled honestly on her tippy-toes and hoped he would say yes.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Well, this was a rough start.

Jax stared at the young woman who was clearly nervous and fidgety. His ears started to redden at the awkward moment he created, this woman was clearly looking for a mentor and Jax's body language basically told to go away. What kind of Master was he if couldn't guide the next generation of Jedi? "Next generation?" Jax thought slowly swaying his arms back and forth quell the embarrassment. "I am getting old."

"Oh," Jax said when she mentioned that actual Jedi told her to come to him because he had wartime experience. "You came to the right Jedi then!" A nervous laugh spontaneously came out causing the Jedi Master to breathe deeply and allow the Force to calm him down. Frustration, confusion, and embarrassment were swirling inside him like a Tornado. The Force helped Jax return to a state of normalcy and confidence as expected of a Jedi Master. Emotions are necessary to understand and empathize with people, but they must be controlled other wise it can overwhelm a person like it was affecting Jax. It's best to let them go past them instead dwelling on the emotions.

"I'm not much of a Coffee person," Jax said. "But I can certainly talk about anything you need to know about Lightsaber combat."

He took a deep breath. "But," Jax said. "The important thing you need to know about fighting is to know yourself. You can be the master of all the forms, but if you don't master yourself well..... the lack of mastery was what prevented many talented swordsmen from being true masters of the fighting."

Jax held out his hand for her to shake. "What's your name?" Jax asked forming a genuine smile. "How long have you been with the Silvers?"

Madison Starr

M
Madison breathed a sigh of relief as he extended his hand. She had fully well expected a crazy-old wizard in a robe. One who would have shoo'd her away immediately.

"Madison. Madison Starr." She smiled and embraced his hand. (Her grip was something surprisingly powerful too. Welder hands, I guess.)

Awesome! This was going much better than she thought it would. Coffee or no.

"I'm um. Probably been with the Silvers a few months now? Introduction stuff really. Library reading, meditation, and an obstacle course or two? Nothing fancy. Just beginner stuff, I guess."

She smirked. She had no idea what 'fancy' was to a Jedi. Hopefully he understood.

"Um. Right. Sword fighting."

She looked around the hallway expectantly. Unsure of where to go or, even how to get there. So she stood up straight and decided they'd just have this conversation right here. In the hall.

"I built a Lightsaber though! One of the guys in the depot back on Kashyyyk showed me how. See!"

She wiped out her silver Lightsaber and gleefully held it up for all to see. ...It was... Um. Totally upside down too.

"Oh. Oops."

She flipped it around so she was holding it right-side up now.

"It works. I swear."

She refrained from turning it on. Manners and all that.

"...But uh. I'm not quite sure I know how to use it."

The woman gave a smug tug on her smile. Looking rather confused. Or? Maybe just embarrassed. She hadn't really had a good chance to use it yet.

"Why do Jedi use swords again?"
She bent her head with interest.

Didn't everybody else just use guns?

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax grimaced a bit when Madsion gripped his hand, it was pretty strong given her size. Judging by the grip strength and the callouses that he felt, Jax guessed that she was an engineer of sorts. "Quite a grip," Jax chuckled. "You know they say you can judge a person by their handshake. Yours is firm but uncertain. You possess great strength and you're no stranger to hard work but yet you are searching for something."

A smile was formed on his face. "A belonging," he said. "I can help you find your legs as a Jedi."

He wasn't sure of taking on another Padawan, given that he was sensing that Madison was not just looking for a swordsman instructor but a master. Given that he was still training the likes of Nitya Xeraic Nitya Xeraic while fighting a war, Jax didn't feel that he would give Madison the proper training and guidance that she needed to become a Jedi. However, he wanted to do what he can to get her on the right track and place her under a Master who would give her their undivided attention.

As they walked down the hall, Jax motioned Madison to follow him. "There's a training room not too far off from the dorms," He said watching Madison take out the Lightsaber she built and gave a small nod of approval. "We can start-"

The Jedi Master's eye rose up in shock when Madison was wielding the saber like a kid who found his Dad's Blaster Pistol. Madison may have the craftsman ship but she surely doesn't know how to handle the weapon properly. With a wave of the Force, Madison's Lightsaber flew from her hand and landed into Jax's.

"I think," Jax smiled sheepishly fiddling with the controls. "For now we're going to have to lower your Lightsaber's power until you know how to properly wield this."

Turning the knob at the lowest setting, Jax handed the Lightsaber back to Madison and smiled. "We don't want you to accidentally decapitate yourself. I can show you the absolute basics of holding and using the Lightsaber it'll be in the training room ahead."

"The thing about the Lightsaber," Jax said as they approached the door leading to the training room. "Is that it's the weapon of the Jedi Knight, it's a symbol of peace and justice, as well as harmony. Anyone can wield a Blaster, just point and shoot but to master a Lightsaber requires great skill and discipline in the Force."

Jax opened the door allowing Madison to go in the room first. "I'll show you," Jax smiled.

Madison Starr

M
Madison entered the training room with a measure of pleasure about her. She certainly hadn't expected Master Thio to say yes, let alone offer to train her immediately. It was like a dream come true. Even? Well. Even if he decided later that she was too much of a rookie for him anyway.

She forgot about Lightsaber power settings. Good thing Jax showed her early. That would a hallmark of her early training now. Remembering to set her sword to "stun".

"Thank you for taking the time today, Master. I'm impressed."

She smiled. Madison could feel the war-weariness on him. The desire for a nap and maybe a quick shower. And yet? Here he was. Already standing in the training room. Offering up his first wisdom's. Heh. It was inspiring to watch and see.

Her interest remained on the philosophy behind the sword too. Skill and discipline were one thing. Sure. But preparing for all-out war was another. Madison Starr was a beginner among the Jedi, yes. But she was also no stranger to war either. She had requested an experienced combat trainer on purpose too. She had seen the bombs dropped on her home planet. Watched real soldiers slaughter her people with violence and new technologies. Learned first hand about how a man's nerves can break under pressure. Make mistakes. Get people killed. How war is random, and violent, and sudden, and cold.

No. Madison Starr might have been a rookie amongst the Jedi. Yes. And she definitely held her sword like an infant babe. True. But. She also knew it would take more than fancy bladework and a few magic somersault's to defeat what she had already seen on the fields of wet slaughter. Because she knew.

She knew she would have to be ready.

"Alright. So. What's first. Master."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"It's not Impressive," Jax chuckled at Madison feeling her embarrassment. "You've built feature in your Lightsaber." The Jedi Master placed his hand on her should sending calming waves of the Force through her body. "Relax," he said. "Don't overthink yourself that's where things will go wrong."

Jax had to admit, Madison was eager to learn something he liked in a Padawan. However, there was one thing to be eager to learn and another to apply the lessons effectively. Right now, Madison is very raw she'll need to learn how to be malleable if she wants to become a Jedi. Even as a Master, the only thing that Jax knew was that he knew nothing and that took him a long time for him to grasp that.

The two entered the Jedi Training Room, It was empty and Jax was greeted by the starry sky. Pretty rare for the city planet that never sleeps. "First things first," Jax said approaching the circle. "I want you to sit down in the middle of that circle, close your eyes and breathe."

R.b178cd84230e1bc9d12cd247ff800331

Madison Starr

M
The pair trained together for about two hours before Jax got a call he had to take.

They trained on just the basics. The philosophy behind the sword, the way of the empty mind, the weightlessness of the blade, and feel of the sword becoming a part of you. Not a weapon of death for the Jedi but a tool of protection for the innocent. They trained how a Jedi meditates as he moves. Feeling the flow of the battle around them. Letting the Force guide them through the dance. The first few moves were simple but precise. And Madison would be able to practice them like a form. Perfecting their rhythm and making the moves her own. She only needed time.

It was good first lesson. The sword, the mind, the body, the Force. She would remember it well.

___

"Ah. Wow. Thank you. I think... That was perfect!"

Madison turned her saber off and stood up back to her full height. Tapping the air of the training room with the hilt of her sword. As if to remember all the bullet points of what they'd just shared. Taking the lesson in stride.

"Yeah. It looks like I got the right man for the job. Hehe. Thanks."

She turned and gave a soft bow. Figuring he now had more important matters to attend to about the temple. Or just, get in that nap probably.

"I'll practice this a bit. And Form 1. Of course. And those books you suggested." She smiled shyly, "Oh! And I'd like to meet again. To train. ...Later. If, that's alright?"

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Training Madison felt satisfying and relaxing, the woman absorbed everything that Jax taught her like a sponge. Even her skills while still raw, wasn't as wild and random compared to Aveline's and Nitya's. Jax smiled seeing the enthusiasm of Madison's transferring to him. She was just as excited of learning the basics of a Lightsaber. In many ways, Madison's steadfast determination reminded him of Aveline. Oh, how he missed her, all of the mistakes he made with Aveline it almost made him give up on taking another Padawan but with Madison..... the itch to teach again came back stronger this time.

"You know?" Jax said. "I can stay if you want, Form 1 is my primary form after all. I can show you some optimizations that you can utilize when engaging enemies."

Madison Starr

M
Ha. And there it was. A man on the edge of weariness, still happy to lend a hand. Maybe Master Thio had all the patience in the world. Nice.

"Actually."

Madison smiled and touched her chin. Contemplating something else she'd been thinking about.

"Form One can probably wait for a moment. I've got plenty of time to review the textbook criteria, anyway. There are a dozen Masters who'd be happy to help with that."

She placed her sword back into her jacket and moved to lean against the edges of the room. Looking up now. Just admiring the stars. Almost, far away.

"I traveled all this way from Kashyyyk on the recommendation that you had real, actual experience. Fighting in the galaxy. Getting real, actual results."

She planed an emphasis on the word real. As if so much of what she was learning about the Jedi was just fluff and hot air. Religious mumbo-jumbo. Stuffy and old. Full of stuff that a woman like her couldn't be bothered with anymore. Not at her age, anyway.

Then she turned again and smiled genuinely,

"I was hoping you'd tell me some of your Jedi stories. About how welding a sword, actually makes a difference?"

She wanted to know. Really, really know.

If all of this training would be worth it.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax chuckled at Madison saying that she could learn more about Shii-Cho and other Jedi techniques from texts. "You know from my point of view," Jax said while they continued walking from the hallway. "Experience trumps anything you'll read from a textbook."

Not that Jax didn't like reading quite the opposite, but if Madison wanted to learn the ways of being a Jedi Guardian then she needs to be on the field taking on as many missions as she can. "There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path my young friend and you have the right mindset. Get out in the Galaxy armed with nothing more than your Lightsaber and the Force as your ally and help as many people as you can."

The Jedi Master chuckled flattered that he was asked to share his own personal experiences traveling as a Jedi. He had plenty to share of course, but It was nice for Madison to ask him. "Ask away," Jax answered. "But what you need to know about being a Jedi Guardian is that you will always be patrolling the Galaxy, never resting and always away from her loved ones."

It was a duty that Jax took seriously, and something that he hoped that Madison will learn about being a Jedi. The call to defend will always be there and the Jedi must answer it.

Madison Starr

M
Madison walked and talked with a care free ease now. I think the training had helped put her mind at rest.

"I'm not sure wandering the stars is my specialty. But I'll give it some thought. Sure."

Honestly. She hated the idea of travel. She was a homebody at heart. She liked being in one place. Building things. Decorating things. Turning wild things comfortable. So, she didn't really see herself as the traveling type. Not just yet.

"Let me ask then. Why do you believe you were given Jedi powers? Is it a gift, or a curse? ...This. Destiny thing, we all share?"

She stopped to look out of the tall windows again. Still unsure of her place in the world.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax nodded. "It's not for everyone that's for sure," he said walking alongside Madison. "But you do learn a few things about people, culture, new places. It really shows how big and diverse the Galaxy truly is."

Unlike Madison who said that she preferred to stay in one place, Jax couldn't imagine himself settling down. He had that wanderlust that compelled him to go see new places and meet new people. Life created the Force and the Force gave breath to the people all over the Galaxy. Why not go and observe the many cultures and people? It was made possible by the encompassing and transcendent field known as the Force. It was a point of contention between Jairdain Jairdain and Jax. To settle down. Or to continue to travel? The Jedi Master wanted to take Jair and spend the rest of his life traveling the galaxy with her, but would she feel the same?

Jax rubbed his chin when Madison said if the Force was a gift. "Now that is an interesting question," Jax said. "The Force is essentially life; life creates the Force as the Force created life. It surrounds us and binds us to its will, however at the end of the day we can choose to accept it or not. I don't think it's a gift nor it's a curse and I advise you not to say it's a "Jedi power."

He shook his head. "That is a common misconception, we are all connected to the Force and theoretically anyone can hear its will. It's just that some of us are more entuned with it than others. The Force is an extension of nature specifically our nature, I don't know why I had enough midichlorians to hear the Force's will. Perhaps I will never know but I will allow the Force to become an extension of myself."

Madison Starr

M
She had heard of this before. Of how each Jedi got to choose their own philosophy. Choose. For themselves. What is real.

"I see."

Madison nodded. Her eyes still glued to the brilliant city-scape outside the windows. Her mind wandering those endless city streets. Pondering his words and his interpretations. And. To be honest. It wasn't the answer she wanted.

It meant she still had some important decisions to make.

"Then let me ask you something else."

She turned slowly and leaned on the railing next to the window. Her body seemly heavy in thought.

"When did you decide your purpose? As a Jedi? ...Your. Place. In all this."

She waved a hand. As if to encompass the whole world about them. The whole galaxy. Destiny. Fate. Religion. The Force. All of it.

She wanted to know how he had made, his choice. To persist.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

The two of them stopped by one of the temples many large windows, Jax leaned against the railing staring at the many speeders passing by. The Jedi Temple had the best views of Coruscant, to see the Senate chambers from afar along with the many sprawling metropolis surrounding it was breathtaking. To Jax Coruscant represented the best and the worst that the Galaxy had to offer, people were beautiful, thoughtful, brave, and empathetic but at the same time, people can cruel, petty, harsh, selfish. The city planet represented the duality well enough with the city levels, lower you are, the less attention you receive. It was what Jax observed after years living in the lower areas of Courscant.

The Jedi Master could sense that Madison was unsatisfied with his answer. Perhaps it wasn't the answer that she wanted to hear but people often pay for what they want but not what they need. Jax adjusted his posture when Madison said why he decided to become a Jedi. "Why did I decide to become a Jedi?" Jax leaned rubbed his chin again another complicated question.

"Well then," Jax said. "I was raised by the Jedi; I never knew who my parents were. All I know or all I was told was that I was left on the doorsteps of the Silver Rest on Kashykk when I was baby. I was picked up by the droids who gave me my name and the Silvers saw that I was Force Sensitive and trained me."

The Jedi Master frowned. "To be honest, I didn't think I wanted to be a Jedi." he said. "I just wanted to explore the Galaxy, Podrace, and flirt with pretty girls. Even though I've had the skill to surpass my peers, I had a rebellious streak."

Jax chuckled. "Probably still have one today," he said. "But I almost did not get chosen as a Padawan until Master Oda gave me a chance. I wasn't the best student. I talked back, didn't take training seriously but my Master was patient and said that I will be a Jedi."

He shook his head, his eye shut tight. "He died sacrificing his life for me at Tatooine," he said his voice shaking a bit. "I-I got reckless in fighting off bandits and I got surrounded. Master Oda pulled me back and paid with his life."

Jax frowned. "I took his teachings to heart from here on out, to be the man that he wanted me to be. To learn the Force, to be a Jedi.

He paused for a moment. "If you're asking me if I had a choice," Jax said. "Yeah, I chose to become a Jedi to honor my Master's memory, to know why the Force pushed into becoming one, and more importantly."

He turned to Madison. "Protect others." he said.

Madison Starr

M
She listened quietly. Intently. This wasn't something you could find in a textbook or a library holo. This was the life of a man who had seen things. Done things. Survived things. He persisted. And she respected that. Immensely. So when he told his story and surrendered his core motivations. She was grateful. Inspired even. But it didn't fill the hole in her heart. No.

She would have to do that herself.

"Thank you. Master Thio. That was... Perfect."

She looked sad. But nodded gratefully. Her form still heavy with thought. Now she knew why Jax persisted. And yet. She still did not know herself.

"Ahem. Well. ...Anyways."

Perhaps she had pondered just a moment too long. The stillness seemed awkward now.

"I suppose I've asked enough of you for one day. Heh. Or,.. Maybe I've just got a lot on mind right now. Erm. Anyway. Thank you for the lesson. Master."

She stood up and shrugged off the railing. Granting him another soft bow. The precursor to her exit and, perhaps; a long night of thinking too.

"I should get going. But, uh. ...We should do this again. Later."

Her eyes found the window again. Still musing over everything that had been said. Distant. But ready.

"Um. Here's my holo information. Just, give me a call anytime you're on-world and have a moment to spare. I'd be grateful for another opportunity to learn about Form One. Maybeee..? In a week or so?"

She met his eyes and smiled. She needed time now. To be alone.

She had work to do.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

A week has passed since Jax last saw Madison, she seemed to be impressed by what Jax told her and pensive as well. He sensed that Madison had a lot on her mind, maybe wonder if the path of the Jedi was for her. The best part about the NJO is that they do accept free lessons for any Force Sensitive who doesn't want to be a Jedi but wants to know how to control their abilities. It wasn't to say that Madison didn't want to be a Jedi considering that she built her own Lightsaber, but Jax sensed on uncertainty inside of her. While he walked to the training room, Jax left a message on Madison's Holoprojector to meet him at the training room.

It was ultimately Madison's choice on what she wanted to do but no matter what she decides, Jax had to thank her for renewing his interest in searching for a Padawan again. Outside from Nitya Xeraic Nitya Xeraic who was Jair's daughter, Jax wouldn't think of taking another Padawan again, yet Madison piqued his interest. Unclipping his Lightsaber, Jax decided to do some combat exercises this morning considering that the Room of Thousand Fountains was still being repaired. Putting on his earpiece, Jax turned on some music as he began practice Ideal form of Shii Cho.l

Madison Starr

M
Like before, Madison had taken a few days off work and traveled back to Alliance space. Her hotel was in the theater district of the city and she had taxied back and forth from the Temple each day. She still applied for a visitor's pass at the front desk each morning too. Silver Concord. Political Guest. Her badge read neatly. Though nobody ever asked for papers. Too many workers already running about the place. Fixing this. Fixing that. It must have been impossible for security to keep track of everybody, all the time.

So Madison looked very much the tourist when she approached the training room. A purple leather jacket with a wide fur collar from KH&M. Designer boots in black snakeskin from Otto's. A new phone and earpiece too. So she could listen to music as she browsed the Temple grounds. Distant. But awake. Jamming even. Her makeup was simple today however. Something she could hit the gym in. Still look good, without sweating it all away. Which was good because Jax had called and today was likely to become another sword day. Nice.

She could use a little pick-me up.

"Morning!"

She walked in and gave a soft wave. Jax didn't seem to notice. He must have been jamming out too. But she could feel his aura acknowledge her. He knew she was there. Even if he was still practicing.

Madison smiled and popped out her earpiece. Then moved to the side to discard her city jacket and phone. Remove her tall boots and dress down to just socks. Stuffing her jacket's pockets with toys and withdrawing her Lightsaber too. Her thick black tank top showing off her impressive curves and powerful, weightlifting arms. She curled iron regularly. And it showed.

"So yeah. What's new? Been awhile eh."

He didn't seem sleepy today. He seemed ready.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom