Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consultation (Ex republic/ Republic soldiers)

Silas had booked out a small meeting room in coruscant he had set up a consultation whith multiple current and former republic military personel.It was nothing overly glamorous just a few chairs and a lectern which he was currently using to hold himself up,His old joints no longer what they were he straightened his tie and looked to the door it shouldn't be long now.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Silas Opri"]
Noah walked into the room and saw the Senator Opri was leaning against the lectern. Noah walked forwards and presented his hand for the man to shake. "Senator Opri,Ex-Lieutenant Noah Corek. I served in the 2nd Commando Battalion,5th Special Combat Company,Mako Squadron."

Jorin was never one for talking, the commander of RSFU certainly shouldn't have his him time wasted. But @[member="Silas Opri"] wasn't one for wasting people's time. He got down to business. "Senator Opri, Commander Cody Jorin, Republic Special Forces, ARC Trooper group." He said, giving his information. @[member="Noah Corek"]'s squad name caught his attention, his RSFU fire team had been designated Mako, and he was the only member, original or otherwise, still breathing. He shook his head, the world had many coincidences.

Silas shook both mens hands "Thankyou both for coming I am hoping to be finished quickly I am expecting a few before we begin" He stood up and shifted his weight onto his cane as he looked once more through his papers.

(Anyone who joins after this assume you entered here)
A few more soldiers from both factions arrive and took a seat Silas greeted them then got down to business. "I would first like to thank you all for coming I don't envisage this taking up a lot of your time, I as a senator have noticed a number of our soldiers have left the republic to join the omega protectorate and I would like to know why.So #I wanted to know what is the republic doing wrong?" He smiled and a camera clicked on as an official began typing "I apologize the film and manuscript will serve as evidence of the problem so that when i propose funding I have evidence to back my claims"
@[member="Cody Jorin"]@[member="Noah Corek"]

@[member="Silas Opri"] | @[member="Noah Corek"] | @[member="Cody Jorin"]

"You wanna know why? Because the Republic supports the Jedi more than their own soldiers who die every day to keep the citizens safe. There's no support, no resources. Complete bureaucratic mess."

Delila had been late to the meeting. Yet here she was. Former commander of the Republic's 73rd Battalion. It had been one of the most active and best battalions of the Republic, seeing action in nearly all corners of the universe. Everything had ran marginally smoothly until Roche happened. The government and higher ups knew it was a blood bath and the 73rd walked right into it. Delila had a handful of soldiers were saved by Omega Pyre forces. If it wasn't for Siobhan that day she would have been left to die.

"Have you even visited a military instillation for more than half a day Senator?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Cody Jorin"] @[member="Silas Opri"]
Noah had to agree with the Major. Every mission he had went on,no matter what rank or specialty the Jedi had gotten special treatment. "The Major is right,my discharge had nothing to do with a Jedi but still,every mission I went on,Jedi were shown special treatment no matter what rank they were. You allow teenagers to be on the battlefield,who have no expirence and let them command senior officers who have more expirence than they times ten!" Noah said a bit angrily.

Silas was taken aback by the majors brutal honesty, It was welcome however "No I have not, However I would question both the usefulness of my being there and the safety but that is why I called you here to ask you to tell me the problems so that I can propose measures to provide support to our soldiers from the senate halls where I belong" He answered confidently and was glad that the people he had called were willing to help.The more information he gained the easier it was to enact change.He neglected to tell Dilila how he had served on his own front lines whilst with the police mainly because it was no where near the front line faced by the army.

Then came a second attack on the jedi this put him in a predicament and solving this problem would be tricky, He would need to think it over

@[member="Noah Corek"] | @[member="Silas Opri"] | @[member="Cody Jorin"]

"Corek has an excellent point but I have never personally been assigned such Jedi oversight so I cannot comment" Crossing her legs at the knee, Delila adjusted the navy blue knee-length skirt that was standard issue dress for officers in formal situations in and out of the Protectorate. Her gaze took in the Senator, listening to his preplanned comments, everything had some simple explanation. Or a look-into-it-later attitude.Frustrating....but she wasn't a Republic soldier anymore. Thank the universe for small blessings.

"Dangerous to visit a base? For you perhaps Senator. If you want to change things you're going to have to start caring. Or don't change anything. Let your soldiers flee to Protectorate borders. I love getting them pre-trained. Cuts down on my costs and turnaround time."

"I would not be stood before you If I didn't care and yes I understand completely why you believe that I don't care but I would ask you to remember that I am not long in my job and the senate has been quite busy due to the elections of a supreme chancellor This is my first chance to get some solid research done.In explanation of my point yes It is risky for me to go to a military base as I am sure that you have noticed I am crippled I can't run and can barely walk If the base comes under attack the lives of those helping me will be put under greater risk due to my low mobility furthermore I can't help If I am dead" He chose his words carefully to try and meet both the need for defence and a show of respect.He addressed his next point "Major Castillon spoke of the lack of resources and support does anyone have anything further on that?"

"Or maybe all of you who left for the Protectorate lacked a sense of loyalty to anything more than creds. And do not lie to me and say they don't pay better." Cody spoke up venomously. The Commander's eyes scanned the room with disdain, all around him he saw those who had left their life as a Republic soldier behind for the Pyre. Some he looked on with respect, the ones who were still loyal, but the rest received a harsh glare. "And I've been fielded by this Grand Republic for six years, and the only time we lacked for supplies was when we were cut off, and I've yet to receive an order telling me to put a Jedi as a priority above my boys." He added, answering the senator.

@[member="Silas Opri"] @[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Noah Corek"]

@[member="Silas Opri"] | @[member="Cody Jorin"] | @[member="Noah Corek"]

Delila scoffed when the soldier spoke up. Such a fool. She was like that once. Long ago. It seemed like another life ago by this point Standing up, her hands came down to hit the table-- hard. She leaned over the gleaming wood, venomous rage settled across her face. If looks could kill the man across from her would be long dead.

"Oh, they rescued you when you got cut off? Thats nice. My entire battalion died. Thats five hundred men.Did the Republic care about rescuing us? There's a reason you only hear about the 73rd Battalion in history books now. It sure wasn't because we weren't loyal and disbanded."

Her voice grew quiet, trying to control her rage before she started a war between the Republic and the Protectorate.

"I gave my all to the Republic. It was all tossed in the trash. There is a difference between loyalty and following blindly Soldier. I suggest you quickly find out the difference before its your flag-draped coffin they are carrying out to the fields."

"My entire legion died, don't you dare try to pull the 'holier than thou' bantha poodoo with me ma'am. Ever hear of the 142nd?" He shot back, standing up and slamming the table with equal, if not greater force. The woman thought she risked a war? No. If war was to have started it would have when Jorin's men had re-activated the antimatter generator inside the Black Hex over Polis Massa after the Protectorate took them prisoner. Cody had the blood of 6000 OP personnel on his hands, and yes he regretted it, but he'd do it again. Nightmares and all.

​"You think dying scares me? If you need a picture and haven't paid attention to the holonet, I'm the triggerman for the Polis Massa incident, and you'll notice that when the order was given, I didn't flinch. When they take my flag draped coffin and put it in the ground I will be damn proud Major, I will have died happy, because I went down doing what was right."

@Silas Opri @Delila Castillon @Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Silas Opri | @Cody Jorin | @[member="Delila Castillon"]

Noah stood and along with the Major and threw his two creds in as well. "Four thousand years,that's how long my family has served the Republic. I admit,I had sex with and Admirals daughter,consensual sex,but appearantly my flawless service record,multiple medals and commendations and my family legacy means nothing when a superior officers little whore of a daughter goes running to daddy,making up a story about how I supposedly raped her and then I'm out on my ass with a dishonorable discharge. So tell me commander is that the Republic looking out for its soldiers and reward their loyalty?" Noah asked with high amounts of venom dripping from his voice.

@[member="Cody Jorin"] | @[member="Noah Corek"] | @[member="Silas Opri"]

So this was the guy? Delila had not been at the conflict. Other matters had taken place that required her attention. Information about the event was all second-hand, gleaned from briefings and records of the incident. It had caused a stir within the Protectorate, no doubt. Unflinching, Delila resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She'd have no problem sticking Jorin into an early grave if thats what he wanted.

"Well aren't you a good little lap dog."

Delila was going to say more, but Corek started talking about...sex...?Sitting back down, she raised an eyebrow at her Omega Protectorate counterpart, confused. Opening her mouth, the Major decided not to ask and would merely access the files once she got back 'home'.

"Ma'am yes karking ma'am."

Jorin turned away from the major and locked eyes on Corek, who apparently had had a mishap with an admiral's daughter. It was unfortunate that it resulted in a soldier being discharged over such an insignificant blunder. Teenage daughters lied, it was kinda their thing. But Corek wasn't all that innocent, since leaving the Republic his file listed a slew of bad choices, he'd worked with nearly everyone. "While no Lieutenant, that isn't fair, it doesn't excuse that after your discharge, you worked with almost everyone, you were a karking pirate. The Protectorate was all that was left after you burned everything else." Jorin snarled in reply.

@Silas Opri @Delila Castillon @Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@[member="Cody Jorin"] @[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Silas Opri"]
"I admit,after my discharge,I was drunk 50 percent of the time and angry the other 50. You want to know why Commander? Because I grew up thinking that the Republic would always take care of its soldiers and I admit it's true,but only up to a degree,once the reputation of the higher-ups get threatened the people who are lower on the totem pole get karked over so those higher up on the totem pole can keep their nice cushy jobs while we get discharged denied benefits and screwed out of pensions. But you want to know something else? The Protectorate,gave me something I needed,a cause to fight for,a nation I could be proud and people like Major Castillon that shared my pain and my suffering and wanted to make something that we all could be proud of!" Noah finished and took a few deep breaths and looked straight into the Commanders eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom