Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Conquest of Eshan (SJO/Directorate/Echani)

The admiral and his companions stayed at the periphery of the proceedings. The blonde man had no intention of involving himself too deeply into local politics (especially in a matriarchy), while his aide was far more interested in gathering intelligence about the event rather than disrupting it. Sariya was by far the most invested in the coronation process, but she held her tongue for reasons unknown to him. Out of respect for her, and as her guests, the Directorate officer kept quiet as Niamh Raste and Vora Kaar Vora Kaar talked, followed by a handful of other speakers. He furled his brow at the mention of the Thyrsians. He knew few details about the dispute between them and the Echani, but the Thyrsians' brutual reputation made him wonder about the wisdom of that choice. After all, the mercenary nature of the Thyrsians had seen them slaughter hundreds if not thousands of innocents, including those on the Silver Jedi's capital world of Kashyyyk. He crossed his arms.

But this isn't my world, nor my fight. Still, this is something to watch out for...

As Raste moved to claim the crown, the man expected to see some contender rise out from the crowd or make a sudden, dramatic appearance. Yet no-one seemed to be coming...

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig looked around, watching the crowd. No one challenged Niamh, somewhat surprisingly. He was then surprised when she offered others to walk up and speak. He looked around, and no one seemed to react to it. He waited a little longer before finally walking a little closer, quickly pulling his vibroknive off his belt with its scabbard along with his Trayc'kad. The way he held them it was clear that he wasn't going to use either, unless he was going to try and stab someone with a leather covered knife. It was a way to say he wasn't going to try anything.

Once he finally got up, he'd set the weapons on the ground before heading up, making sure to giving any Echani the chance to speak first.

"Your highness. I don't know much about Eshan social customs, so apologies for anything that could be seen as offense. But.... Thank you for earlier."

Niamh Raste Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Mathilde Brennus Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Gir Quee Gir Quee

Niamh Raste

N
At first it seemed that no one would approach. Vora Kaar Vora Kaar said nothing, neither did Mathilde Brennus which could either mean both accepted what she had to say, or that they were contemplating what she'd said. None of the other Echani approached, not even the one ( Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis ) there as a representative of the SIlver Jedi, though the curiosity remained in the air. That particular one seemed an interesting case. Next time she visited one of the temples she'd have to make sure to dig up information on her. If there was someone among the Silver's that was apprehensive towards her rule it would be good to keep tabs on her all the same. She did want to speak with her and Elise, though.

Curiously, the first person to approach was the Mandalorian ( Mig Gred Mig Gred ) she'd seen outside. He got stares and murmurs and obvious disdain. One of the advisors had moved to stop him, but she lifted a hand to stop her, indicating the Mando should be allowed to approach. Unconventional.

"What I said applied to you only. I can sense your remorse and it's the only reason I can think of for you to be here," she said, leaning forward towards him. "But your kind are still to blame for what happened to this city and my people, and should the opportunity arise in the course of our rebuilding efforts we will take advantage of it and obtain recompense for your actions. If there are others who feel as you do, you should warn them now, and I suggest you find some way to identify them to our command structure so we don't kill those who don't agree with what happened here. Understand?"

Mig looked at Niamh Raste , nodding as he listened. He couldn't really complain with her "eye for an eye" mentality. It was one many Mandalorians, including himself, had. He was surprised that she picked up on his thoughts so easily. He removed his helmet so the queen could see his face. She was Force Sensitive, he could tell that, but it was more for the others around. So they knew where his mind was at. Mig would then speak up, staying calm, but clearly having a memory gnawing at the back of his mind.

"Understood, ma'am. It seems like you have me a bit pegged too. I don't like what happened here. I was here the orbital bombardment happened. Not even on any mission. Just to see this place.... And when the battle for this world happened, I tried to set up away from the city. It... didn't really work." Mig lowered his head a little, but the looked over at his shoulder plate. He detached it from his light built armor, and handed it to Niamh to show the emblem on it.

"On the front of know how to identify who was there and who wasn't, by clan is the best way. Mando'ade aren't as united or single minded as the galaxy seems to think at times. Each clan works differently, has its own tactics and even rules. It's the best way to tell though. That emblem is of my clan, Clan Gred. I'm not going to assume which ones you'd want to target, but Solus provided medical aid during the battle, and Bral was helping with rebuilding. You may be a bit late to the revenge party though." A wave of sorrow and hurt could be felt passing through Mig when he said this, and it showed on his face too.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Elise Mathilde Brennus Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Niamh Raste

N
"You tried, that's what matters. It's more than I can say for most."

She didn't look pleased, she was still cross with his kind, but at the least she wasn't having him thrown out, was tolerating his presence, and was more or less agreeing with his position on things. The truth of the matter was, she wasn't currently interested in fighting the Mandalorians. Should they make advances on them they would be dealt with, but it wasn't a priority to strike back at them. The ultimate goal was to strengthen themselves and regain their place of prominence in the galaxy. That wouldn't happen if they were focused on feuds.

"I thank you for that information and I'd like to ask that you speak with our military leaders regarding the symbolism of the different clans you've mentioned. I would prefer not to harm those who don't deserve it. As for vengeance, it won't happen unless they come to us. I'm not interested in chasing your kind down. Now, I must move on. I have much to discuss with a few others."

She nodded her head to Mig Gred Mig Gred , dismissing him, and then turned her attention to Elise and Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis .

"Master Elise, could I have a word with you and your companion, please?"

The Mandalorian would give the Eshan queen a nod, taking back and remounting the armor piece before getting ready to to talk to command. "Right ma'am. I'm just glad you're avoid the blind attacks that have come before. I've seen what they do.... They make it look like any who wear the armor are monsters." He then began to turn. "And if you ever need anything, my clan would be willing to assist. I know the offer may never be used, but it's there." Mig would then walk over to the military leaders, and quickly begin to explain the different clans that he knew were there for both battles, what he remembered them doing, and as best he knew what they thought of the battles there. It was hard to revisit it honestly, but if it kept another government from an all out war for the actions of a few.... It would hopefully help.

Niamh Raste Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Elise

E
All good developments, Elise hoped. Only time would tell. As she was addressed, she looked down to her padawan, giving the girl an encouraging nod. Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis had been brought along not only for her familiarity with the culture, but as a chance for the girl to grow and gain experience. A gentle hand was placed on the small of her back, encouraging Metis to step forward and take the lead.

Nothing pertinent was happening as of yet. It would good for the girl to find her voice.

"Yes, of course," she allotted with a smile. "This is padawan Metis, I've taken her with me with the hopes that one day, she can serve as a bridge between your people, and my own." A bright future for one so young, but Metis would know it could be hers to take, if she chose it.

She nodded at the girl, a further encouragement for her to step forward and take control of the moment with Elise as her shadow. There was little reason to fear a misstep here, the moment an easy one for Metis to dip her toes into.

Niamh Raste

Metis was despite appearances, paying close attention to the political developments. Things had started off with an auspicious diplomatic beginning. The fact that the probable future queen of Eshan, was having cordial words with a Mandalorian, was in and of itself a minor political miracle. The fact that they were doing so in friendship and potential alliance, even if it was only between the tenuous Queen and one Clan. The offer to pledge support of even one Mandalorian Clan was significant. Metis glanced at Master Elise as she introduced Metis to the conclave.

“My mother was.. is an Echani Handmaiden, currently she’s stationed on Naboo, a foreign exchange of sorts so that the Nubian Handmaidens and the Echani Handmaidens could establish training and cooperation between the two orders.”

Metis explained, providing context on her knowledge and presence here at Eshan.

“Not dissimilar to what the various Jedi Orders attempt to do on a regular basis., or what our presence here as the Envoys of the Silver Jedi Order hope to accomplish here today.”

Metis said linking her profile as Echani, Nubian and Silver Jedi. Metis had loyalty to all three, loyalties that can get complicated in intergalactic diplomacy.

“I hope that my links to all three may be of some benefit to you- to all of us. You have certainly begun your reign, with honourable intentions Your Majesty.”

Metis complimented the new reigning monarch.

“An Accord between yourself an a notable Mandalorian Clan is a noble endeavour towards peace.”

Metis paused hesitating as she tried to find the proper wording for a delicate inquiry.

“Forgive my forthrightness, but if I may your majesty? What are your intentions towards intergalactic relations at large? Specifically where your policies may impact the Silver Jedi? As well as any intentions towards any of the other intergalactic powers?”

Niamh Raste

Niamh Raste

N
Niamh nodded again to Elise, but turned her attention to Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis when she spoke. The daughter of a handmaiden turned Jedi was very interesting, but not entirely unheard of. After all, the Echani were renowned for their combat skills and discipline so it made sense that one with her ancestry would make a good Jedi. Niamh herself was a Jedi, but didn't overly advertise that fact. She preferred to keep her leanings on the matter to herself despite being a Silver Shadow. Publically she had no relation to the Silvers.

"My intentions?" she asked, sitting back in her seat.

It was interesting that the Padawan was interested in the political theater. As far as she was concerned, there was, generally, more important work to be done at home than abroad. She hadn't really considered her political intent outside of the Compact. Isolationism had seemed like a good idea.

"My intentions are to focus predominantly here at home, but the Echani tend to side with the just. If we perceive injustice elsewhere we may act upon it accordingly, but solely of our own accord. The Compact will maintain war status with the Sith Empire, for example, as the destruction of said Empire would be beneficial to the whole galaxy. In general, however, I tend to favor a more isolationist approach."

She turned her attention to Elise then.

"I have a favor to ask of you, Master Elise, one that I'm afraid your Padawan cannot assist me on. I'm sure you're aware of the allegations of the Thyrsians regarding the Compact enslaving their world. I've been a part of the Compact ever since its formation but I have no knowledge of this event being sanctioned. I'd like to offer the Silver Jedi full access to all of our political and military records such that they can scour them to determine whether what they say is true, or if the actions were perpetrated outside of Compact control. We need an intermediary and I'm afraid that having an Echani in the review would visually obscure the issue. Can you assist in this?"

Elise

E
Elise frowned, a small sense of unease forming in her chest.

"Yes," she eventually said, her concerns kept to herself. "If they agree, we can be present in any diplomatic attempts. We will also look into our archives and see what we can learn. Truth is a powerful thing. Perhaps both sides can find healing once we achieve it."

She blithely believed it would be that simple. For all the horrors Elise had been exposed to fighting the sith, it was undeniable that she was naive with matters of politics and intergalactic affairs. She could only hope that both sides would care more about the welfare of their current people than justice for the past. War benefited no one.

"You declaration of peace is a good start. I will see what I can do to help you maintain it." She gave a small bow, pulling up to see all the eyes hovering around them. it seemed many people sought audience with their new queen. It would be a busy day for Niahm. She empathized completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom