Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Conquest of Eshan (SJO/Directorate/Echani)

Niamh Raste

N
TEC.png

Eshan, EIC Headquarters

Niamh tapped her fingers smoothly across her datapad as she walked the corridor of the underground facility. The time flashed in the upper corner, indicating she was late, but she paid it no mind. As the owner of the corporation, she could be fashionably late if she so chose to be. Besides, she was busy sending a message off to a supplier that was being a bit nitpicky on the contract they were working out. It never failed. Any time there was paperwork to be done, especially the legally binding kind, someone always wanted to nitpick the tiniest little details to try and sway the contract in their favor. It wasn't the first time she'd had to deal with it and she doubted it would be the last. That didn't stop it from being an annoyance that had to be dealt with, however. The time it took her to walk to the meeting room seemed a suitable amount to deal with it.

When she entered the room she could tell something was up. The few people that were physically present were huddled over a datapad and those participating via holo seemed to be occupied with someone outside visual range. She stopped at her seat at the head of the table and glanced around the room while setting her datapad down. Nobody even glanced in her direction. In some ways it was unnerving. In a typical meeting, she had everyone's attention from the moment she stepped into the room until she left it. This was the first time she'd walked in and not had everyone staring at her.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking towards those actually present.

Raze, the head of robotics, looked up, did a double-take, and then stood away from the group. "Have you checked the news lately?"

"No, I was busy dealing with a contract dispute. One of our new suppliers is being nitpicky."

"Forget about that," he said, walking over and turning his datapad for her to see. "The Queen has retired. The throne is open for the taking."

"What?"

The datapad was snatched away from the outstretched hand and she read through the news brief he was trying to show her. Sure enough, the Queen had retired and abdicated her throne to the people. That had not been what she expected to happen when she woke up that morning. It was very real, though. She quickly confirmed it with other news sources to be on the safe side. When she was done, she handed the datapad back to Raze and then drummed a finger on the table as she thought about what to do next with that bit of information. The only real option was to make a play, but she had to figure out the players.

"This meeting is dismissed," she said before turning for the door. "Resume normal operations immediately."

Once she'd left the room behind, she made a few direct message transmissions to the various leaders of the directorate to make sure they were aware of the situation and then headed for her quarters. Undoubtedly this was going to resort in some form of combat. Wearing her traditional fire dancer gear was called for in this situation. Plus the traditional ritual brands. Her sabers would come too, but the brand would be the chosen weapon unless she was forced to do otherwise. It was going to be a mess out there. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too bad.

Do not tag Spencer Varanin in this thread. She's asked to not be involved.

Last edited:
Now this is interesting.

The woman who I had once aided to take her rightful place upon the throne, had decided that it had been enough time. Considering the Wars and battles that had been fought over. Hell, even the Thysians were becoming more popular day by day. Would I have ever thought that the Queen would have stepped down from her position in my life time? No. However, there were many... changes in my life that allowed me to come here.

Dressed in a garb reminiscent of the Echani for many years, it was a unique version of Fiber armor that the Echani would use. Within my hand was a tome in which was written multiple languages and written forms. Of course, I had a feeling that those who have recently "Fingered the pie" that was Eshan, would be attempting to take the throne, or provide some other kind of alternative to the Monarchy that Eshan had kept in place for literal eons.

It was legitimately years since I have seen the now former Queen of Eshan. I remember that day. Us having our differences. I knew that under the watch of Spencer, my home would be fine. However, I felt there were things that could be changed. Putting forth the planet on the Galactic Scale and doing more with what we had. However, she wished to keep us out of that light. Keep us from garnering too much attention. So I left. Leaving her and my home behind. It felt like yesterday that she had spoken the words.

"When you find your home, Come see me."

It sent shivers down my spine as she spoke such words. Almost as though she knew, without a doubt, I would return. But first, I needed to keep my home afloat and see to it that it wasn't tarnished further more than what these wars had brought.

Standing before the very place I had walked away from years ago, I looked up at the white walls in which showed purity and the light of the moon. Closing my eyes as those around the area were arguing over much that I could hear their voices.

"I will do all I can."

First steps taken to what I hoped, was the right decision.

After having recently made a fool of herself in a Biology class, Metis was embarrassed to say the least. It wasn’t that Metis intentionally messed up she was just vocal about her beliefs, which in that case had lead to her yelling at the instructor and thoroughly chastised for it. Metis did what she usually did when embarrassed, studied.

At the time Metis was reading about the various substances that could be made out of Spice. The more nefarious being highly addictive hallucinogens and toxins that could destroy lives. However there were beneficial medicines that could be made as well.

Metis was still reading an article when she received a transmission from her mother. An Echani Handmaiden who had moved to Naboo to study with the Nubian sect of Handmaidens. Metis had joined the Nubian Handmaidens out of respect for her. When Metis had left to become a Jedi they had had a tense goodbye. A rift they had yet to heal.

“Hello Mother”

“Metis, I was wondering when you intended to go to Eshan?”

“Eshan? Why would I be going to Eshan?”

“You haven’t heard? The Queen has abdicated. I heard a rumour the Silver Jedi Order was intervening. I assumed you’d be part of their delegation.”

“ The Queen of Eshan is standing down?”

Metis was shocked to say the least. Metis herself was part Echani. Admittedly Metis had a complicated relationship with that side of her heritage. Nonetheless it was still a part of her, almost as much as being a Naboo or even a Jedi.

“Yes” her mother confirmed in a patronising motherly way “and ever since the Confederacy has declared their isolationist policy, as an attache to the Naboo Royal Court. I am unable to attend to the matter myself.”

Metis considered what her mother had said. She had a point, ever since the Confederacy had become isolationist, Metis was somewhat estranged from her whole home planet. As part Eshan might be the only other home she had left. However she had chosen the Jedi path

“I have chosen the Jedi way Mother. My duty is to the Silver Jedi Order.”

“Your duty is to your family! You must go to represent our family and its honour!”

“I’m not saying I won’t go. I’m merely pointing out that my first priority is to the Order, not to Eshan or even my family. Regardless of whether or not my family honour is at steak.”

Metis couldn’t help but a little snark and sarcasm come into play. Old habits died hard, particularly teenage habits when dealing with insufferable parents.

“I will let you know if I’m part of the delegation. Goodbye Mother.”

Metis abruptly ended the transmission and sighed. She could have handled that better. Metis quickly browsed the Orders pages and found that a delegation was indeed going to Eshan.. Metis applied to be attached to it, her heritage and knowledge of Echani culture made her particularly ideal for the mission, although she was aware there were other Echani in the Order, most of whom more looked lie Echani.

That was how Metis came to be apart of the delegation Concordia.

Niamh Raste

N
The shuttle ride to the city was largely uneventful. Flying directly to the palace itself was out of the question. Undoubtedly, given the circumstances, the landing platforms would not be accessible. With the queen's resignation, her advisory council would be busy running things for the time being. It wouldn't be the level of a power vacuum that Raze might have thought, but it would still leave the position of leadership on a full-time basis open, which would draw others seeking to take the position. Niamh didn't wish to see just anyone running the Compact. She wanted to run it herself, largely because she felt like she had the plans and resources to bring the Compact back to fruition. She couldn't say the same for any of the other Echani she knew.

In all honesty, she could have brought a contingent with her. At the very least she could have brought a handful of EMBU's to help contain the situation if there was one. Even though she knew the rituals of her people as well as anyone else, with there still being someone running things it was likely not to be as heavily contested as it otherwise could have been. But as she walked down the street, buildings under reconstruction at every turn, and approached the palace, she did not see the numbers of people that she expected. Perhaps a couple of interested people, but they hardly seemed outfitted for the situation at hand.

The only surprise came when she drew within sight of the steps and felt the presence of another. Her eyes fell upon the form of Vora Kaar Vora Kaar and she stared at him a moment. Vaguely did she recognize him. Even so, she recognized the darkness within him and it put her on edge. Had he come to contest the throne himself? That would be ludicrous. Men had no place in leadership amongst their people and that was as it should be. They weren't about to change tradition now. Surely the advisors wouldn't allow that great of a change to happen. Even if they would, she wouldn't. She couldn't allow someone infected with his level of darkness to be running the Compact. It would be disastrous for their people given with the rebuilding they had yet to do.

"Shaw," she intoned as she drew closer. "What are you doing here?"

Perhaps a bit curt given the situation, but she'd never suffered a dark side entity to live before, either. Under normal circumstances, she might well have outright attacked him, but given the gravity of the situation, she felt that would be unwise. There were rituals and protocols to be followed and excessive combat without cause was inappropriate. She afforded him that level of respect, at least.

Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig being on Eshan never felt quite right. Most of this was because of the past, but he also wasn't even part Echani. Yes, the Gred's had a small tie, but that was literal centuries ago. He had at least been trying to help with the remainder of the clean up. He was at the embassy sight though, just staring at one spot on the street. There was a lot going on right now though, so he didn't have long to stay here.

"Sorry. Haven't stopped them yet. If anything those beast have gotten worse. Gotta go though. Hope things are better where you are." He slide his helmet back on, trying to forget the Bryn for even a little while. He wasn't here for any kind if political orders or anything, it was simply interest.He walked around to the palace, keeping his head lowered a little. He was sure at least someone wouldn't like him being there. The Mando just sighed and finally made it near the palace, but simply waited. It was nice to see it. Wasn't his place to waltz in anywhere like that, but he just wanted to hear what would happen.

Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Niamh Raste Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Elise

E
The changes in Silver Space were a large and still forming. Until such a time that Concordia could elect its representation and settle its affairs, Elise took up the tentative task of offering Eshan verbal support during a time of great change. She did not arrive with any intention to interfere, that was simply not her place, but a friendly face and neutral words could go a long way in ensuring this planet's stability.

If wanted, she would offer just that.

Still, it would be arrogant for her to assume that she was the best choice for this task. As neither a member of this species nor a lover of politics, she felt it was in better taste to bring another. In those regards, she chose Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis -- an enchani herself and a padawan under the order. Elise believed the girl could be a bridge to any affairs she was invited into.

It was important to understand the customs of those you work with. Vital, actually.

The two walked up the steps to the Palace, Elise in her simple robes and Metis besides her. She had already spoken with the padawan about their task, and likewise allowed the girl to debrief her on anything cultural she might have to expect. The long, marbled stairs were rippled with signs of damage from the war that once was. Restoration had been poured into more vital things, a thing Elise was conscious of as more bodies seemed to gather and collect on the palace steps.

Before them, two Echani stood at odds, the tension palatable. Elise gestured for Metis to pause, watching silently.

Niamh Raste Mig Gred Mig Gred Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Last edited by a moderator:
An old name I have not used in a number of years echoed behind me and slightly to the left. Dipping of my platinum head was met with a smile. The voice was all too familiar. How many times have I heard her speak, or delegate over the Echani in the past. It was not difficult for me to keep up with the politics of the Echani people. Namely where Raste was involved. A majority of the people living here, found solace with the Silver Jedi, or aid from the Confederacy due to their many members having ties to the Eshan as a whole. Considering that the Thysian people had worked with the Sith in the past, it seemed only natural that the Children of the Moon were opposed to join such forces.

I turned around to face the woman. Her demeanor and tone of voice showed she was all not too happy to see my face again. Considering I was fairly known for aiding the Sith years ago, as well as the First formation of the Templar Knights within the Confederacy. Now that they are debunk. It was my bad habit of finding myself working for much darker individuals that made others spit at my feet. As such she may have been inclined to do so mere moments ago, but decided to be more diplomatic.

"I saw our, now former, Queen to the throne. I shall see to whoever takes it next. Be delegation of a council, a new Queen, or otherwise. Surely you would accept that a Citizen has every right to see their leader is of sound mind?"

It was the only thing I could assume of Spencer's leave of the throne. She didn't feel fit, or had held the throne long enough, she wished a break. To return to her lover. I knew of such private life that Spencer had. Considering her lover was... not on the best terms with the galaxy at large, they would hide away and live out their days in peace with one another. To me, that is all I wished of my mentors and friends of wars and times past. For now, I will act as a potential guiding hand to the new leader within the Eshan Compact, and its delegation of leadership.

"Do not mistake me for wanting the throne. I have no intention of seeking such... Imitation of power."

I did see others behind her. Watching and listening. The straight face brandished a smile like a weapon of any political game.

"And I see more of the Silver Jedi have come! Welcome to our home. Fear not. Most of us don't bite."

I winked lightly at Raste almost as though I were indicating one of us was the "biter" in the turn of phrase. Instead, I chose to no longer continue the conversation, and walked up the steps to hopefully begin the delegation of who should rule.

Niamh Raste Elise Mig Gred Mig Gred Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

"This isn't exactly what I had in mind, you know," offered Fenni apologetically, brushing a strand of her platinum hair out of her face.

"I see," said the admiral.

But it was clear to everyone in the immediate vicinity, including himself, that he in fact did not see.

Ariela briefly squeezed his arm, as if to silently tell him to shut up. She moved closer towards the Echani woman. The blonde man had had many contacts with different cultures over the years, but he had only the briefest encounters with the Echani before the day. It was one thing to read about them, and an entirely different thing to actually experience them. Communication through hand to hand combat was something he found intriguing, but something he would be as eloquent with as a rancor dressed in a tutu trying to perform an Alderaanian waltz during a house ball on Procopia. An utterly ridiculous prospect, especially given the matriarchal caste system of the culture. I'm going to have to let Ariela handle this one...again. The human replica droid leaned close to the echani woman and whispered a few words. While Gir thought himself reasonably good at reading people's faces, Fenni managed to keep her face completely placid before stepping away from the wall.

"You are an interesting man," said Fenni, "though I don't quite understand why you'd rather retain the services of an outsider. I'm certain that with your history, you could find a seasoned soldier from the Galactic Republic or Antarian Rangers to protect your life. Your Directorate organization has soldiers too, don't they? Maybe even a Jedi..."

"Maybe," said Gir, "but things can get complicated with divided loyalties and ideologies."

"Your's or their's?"

"Yes."

Fenni's face briefly recoiled at that answer, "If nothing else, you can be interesting and honest. I will work for you...for now...based on the offer that Miss Captisan here just gave me....but there is another matter which I must attend to first. You can care to join me if you so desire before we depart."

"What matter is that?" questioned Ariela.

"Ideologies and politics of a different variety...home politics."

He winced. The best kind...rife with drama and laden with undertows of long-held expectations and alliances, many of which are not logical if looked at by an outside observer...Perhaps I will get to be that observer today, for a change...He found his mouth slowly opening and a few practiced words slip out of it.

"We would, of course, be honored to accompany you."

Fenni spared a glance at Ariela, who simply shrugged, "He likes to think he's a diplomat."

"Charming."

Well, it's not altogether untrue...But the man kept the words to himself. By virtue of long service with both the Galactic Republic and the Silver Jedi at a relatively high rank, the man had been involved in diplomatic missions before. Perhaps not a career diplomat, but not a complete neophyte to some of the intricacies that sometimes were interwoven among its issues. Perhaps as importantly, the man had a business connection with Niamh Raste , who would likely want to know the inside details of the politics of her homeworld. A short airspeeder trip later, and the trio found themselves in the halls walked by both native Echani and representatives of the Silver Jedi. He spotted Niamh Raste already talking to a man. Well, so much for providing her with the inside scoop... While he was hardly an expert on the niceties of Echani culture, he would hazard a guess that they were on none to friendly terms with each other. The man looked around to see if he and Ariela were the only outsiders among them. They had passed a mandalorian on the way outside along with a handful of other offworlders, but the man could see only a handful of women who might be offworlders. The man postulated that there was a high chance that one of them might be affiliated with the Silver Jedi, but that was not a guess he would wager on acting on right now, especially not in the least as a guest of a Echani woman who he barely knew.

Mig Gred Mig Gred Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Niamh Raste

N
Niamh watched Vora Kaar Vora Kaar for a moment longer before deciding that what he said was true. Had he come to cause trouble it would likely have started with the former queen's advisors and not with those coming to see what was happening next. He would have known she was coming, and he wasn't a fool. Eliminating those in the way would have made it far easier for him than starting on the outside. No, she believed what he said to be true, as he had been a part of installing their former Queen. Despite his allegiances in the Force, he still held an allegiance to his people. It was admirable, but she wouldn't ever trust him at the level she might have before he'd gone dark.

More people were coming, including some of the Silver's (Elise and Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis ) whom he welcomed before turning to go. She watched him and then shrugged before looking back to the two women, at least one of whom was Echani.

"Welcome," she said. "He meant me with the biting. I promise I don't bite, at least not hard."

She affected a grin before turning to follow after Shaw, her eyes alighting on a curious, and somewhat unwelcome site in the form of Mig Gred Mig Gred . What's a Mandalorian doing here? They caused the mess surrounding the palace. They should know better. At least he wasn't approaching. She sent a glare in his direction before turning back to walking up the steps, which only brought her to see Gir Quee Gir Quee was approaching with an Echani and another woman. She'd not sent her message to the others long enough ago for him to have beaten her in arrival. That meant he'd already been there and he hadn't taken the time to drop in and say hello. How rude.

"Gir and company. Nice to know I was worth informing you were already here."

All the same, she clapped a hand on his shoulder before walking past him. It was a jest. She didn't really mind that he was vacationing on her homeworld. It was an odd choice, but who was she to be bothered by his funds hitting their economy? She followed Shaw into the building. They'd be making their way to the advisors to organize the next steps. For her, it meant organizing her position of taking over. She'd fight in ritual combat with anyone that sought to challenge her, but there wasn't anyone as suited to the position as her, at least as far as she knew. Outside of the advisors themselves, who had the leadership experience to fill it?

Inside they were met by guards, but they weren't stripped of their weapons, they were just informed not to use them unless necessary and that the advisors had already sworn off taking over completely themselves. That was welcome news. There were four main advisors, all women, and they stood within the palace throne room, discussing matters. They barely acknowledged the arrival of others, but at least they were keeping busy running things.

"Darren," she said to the man she was following. "I intend to take leadership of our people. Will you help me or hinder me?"

Niamh fell silent from my words it seemed. No hint of backtalk or the kind. Either she held her tongue well, or she knew I was not attempting to play deceitful games. I was no Jedi, but nor would I lower myself to play the conniving games of the Sith. If one deserved the right for power, then they would earn it by their own hand. A Queen, King, ruler of any kind, must be able to fulfill the punishment they proclaim to give. Of all people, while I would never openly voice it or have it run through my mind, Raste was one few who I knew, would do what she thought was best for her people.

It was right of her not to trust me, but also foolish if she thought going completely alone would be what got her there. I have only lived for so long, because of the allies and enemies I have made. Jacobs, Onyx, Varanin. Three of the biggest influences in my life for years. Even if they are long gone. I just hoped she would see the same within her own people.

Nevertheless, I walked onward as she spoke to those who were paying attention. Stating she bit, but not very hard. My face emotionless save for the attempt to hide an eye-roll at her comment. A sauntering pace as it seemed I led the way for our little group into the chamber which the proceedings would be held. I know for a fact that many of the Echani Commanders, Generals, and High ranking dignitaries would be there. People I have not seen in years. However, it surprised me the most when a woman whose face I found familiar, but could not remember the name came before me. Considering many of us were born off of the same blood, it wasn't too far to think she was related to someone I knew.

A voice broke out behind me. Raste again. Speaking my birth given name. Breathing in deeply to her question, I released it with a sigh.

"I am not surprised of your conjuncture for the Echani Throne. I am not here to play sides. Should you be of worthy note, no hindrance will befall you."

Finally turning around to face her, I kept my voice even with every attempt to not play the scales into my favor. She asked me what I would do. Wanting to know my thoughts, and my intentions. All worthy of her mind. Yet, I would not reveal all of my thoughts to her today. Maybe some other day.

"I will do what I think is best for my people. Last I saw of you was years ago. Much can change in that time, as I am sure you know. How you handle these proceedings, will determine how much faith I will leave with you, if at all."

While I am sure those of the Echani blood would be able to have a full seat at the proceedings, and have every chance to speak their mind, piece, and heart, those that were not birthed from the Eshan Moon would be little more than supporters of an audience. One thing that I will not have, is the mind of a Mandalorian, Silver Jedi, or anyone else speak of our customs with no mind to how we hold our culture. Looking behind Raste, seeing the others who were filing in behind us, I did notice the Mandalorian individual. His people had attacked us and started a War between old Clans now pushed from their home. The consequences of their actions. Yet he was here. Every Echani here knowing what the Mando'ade armor looked like, would have likely killed him if it wasn't important to keep the peace for the political avenues that were being presented today.

"Raste, I give no promises."

Niamh Raste Gir Quee Gir Quee Elise Mig Gred Mig Gred Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Metis was feeling out of her depth. This was politics and maneuvering on a planetary scale- an intergalactic scale in fact. Metis knew her duty, be a part of the Silver Jedi delegation, offer their support to Eshan, but that was the limit of their intervention. Show the colours, feel the scene. Represent their presence, not get them involved in an intergalactic incident.

Echan may not be a powerful nation state in its own right, like Corellia had been in the past, but it was a symbol, a powerful symbol. There warrior culture and skill were famous and infamous, Echani martial arts were taught in almost every elite warrior training there was throughout the galaxy, Echani sensei and trainers were highly sort after.

Even their offshoots such as Thyrsians had grown to become significant force in their own right. Their recent war with the Mandalorians only added to their prestige. The presence of one such Mandalorian ( Mig Gred Mig Gred ) was an interesting development in its own right. Eshan and this moment could be pivotal to the galaxy at large.

Metis wasn’t even sure who the contenders for the throne were. All she knew was that it was most likely going to be female. Echani culture tended to lean towards a matriarchal society. From what she had gleaned from the current situation was that the woman Niamh Raste seemed to be in the running for the throne herself. Metis knew enough about intergalactic politics, that someone with Siver Jedi sympathies on the throne would probably be best for the SJO as whole, and by extension the galaxy itself. Currently Metis wasn’t sure who that might be. She had a presence in the force, though whether that was for good or ill she did not know yet.

The man
( Vora Kaar Vora Kaar )
who had greeted them seemed to be an influential player. A player in the worst game of all. A Game of Thrones. Metis also felt that he a force nexus of darkside swirling about him. Like black thorns covering his body. Metis saw with regret that such thorns would wound their host as much as protect him, but from what she had learned that was the way with the darkside.

Metis had recently learned the consequences of opening her mouth when she shouldn’t so stuck by Master (Elise ), letting her take the lead. No doubt there’d be an opportunity to debrief what she saw or learned. Right now was the time to listen and observe.

It didn't take much for Mig to feel the unease of him just being around. The glare from one of the apparent leaders, and the occasional flashes of anger he could feel everywhere. He couldn't blame them. Mandalorians had come there, and though his clan wasn't highly involved, they did get involved. Heck, they were just there when the poodoo hit the turbine. It was one battle he was happy he didn't have a helmet cam of though. He did nod to the Jedi ( Gir Quee Gir Quee Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis ) as they passed, but the Mando held his tongue.

He looked around, slowly sitting looking at a datapad he had before tucking it in. He looked back at the sight, knowing he probably wasn't the most welcome, yet he still wanted to stay and see how this would end. He sighed a little, keeping his helmet on to hind his face from the others. Didn't mean other Force Users wouldn't be able to pick up on him, but most wouldn't see it.

Niamh Raste Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Elise

E
Elise took in the scene around her, the tension in the air palatable. No one liked change. The sense of the unknown often brought out the worst in every civilization. She gave a warm smile to the two Echani speaking on the steps, not wanting to appear like she was ease dropping. ...But of course, that was a lie. Everyone within the radius of them was.

It was quick work to conclude that the two before her would be part of today's meeting, so after giving them a moment to conclude their own terse greeting, Elise climbed the last steps up to them as they stood at the entrance together. Elise wordlessly let the guards strip her of her saber-- an empty gesture she was sure.

Every person in that building was capable of killing with their bare hands.

Still, policies were policies, and like the rest, Elise had no need for saber to defend in case of an outbreak. Speaking of which, her gaze skimmed the scenery behind them as they entered the doors, checking once for a sign of something amiss. An attack on Eshan now would be devastating, all the more reason for an enemy to put pressure on the planet's momentary weakness.

She found nothing amiss, her hand gentle on Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis shoulder as she led the Padawan through with her.

"Ladies, gentlemen," she interjected, finally drawing Niamh Raste and Vora Kaar Vora Kaar attention her way. She gave a slight bow. "I am Master Elise, of the Silver jedi. This is Padawan Metis. We were sent on behalf of others, to offer an ear while you oversee your change in leadership. That is, if you'll have us?" While they had already received the go ahead, it felt polite to offer.

Niamh Raste

N
She hadn't really expected too much from Vora Kaar Vora Kaar . Though they had met before, and were somewhat familiar, neither really knew each other. Add in his obvious tincture of darkness and he wasn't something she could immediately count on. Given her own status as a Rogue Jedi, and a secret member of the Silver Shadows herself, she would never fully trust him. Matters of their people were one thing, but matters of morality were different. That said, if she persuaded him, she knew he would follow through and assist her as any true Echani would. This wasn't about fighting. Someone could challenge her, of course, but the all wanted the same thing: what was best for their people.

The Silver's, one of them at least, chose to speak finally. She'd thought they would at some point. Given their breadth of space, and their past assistance, it made sense for them to come, and she had no problem with it. Though neither of them knew her, as was the case when one was a Shadow, she was on their side in things.

"Your presence is welcome, Master Elise and Padawan Metis," she said, nodding to Elise and Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis . "I'm sure you'll want to report the outcome."

Gir Quee Gir Quee and his entourage seemed inclined to remain at the back. The Mandalorian, Mig Gred Mig Gred , hadn't entered into the palace. That was probably for the best. She had her own feelings about the presence of a Mandalorian in the city and she would make them known soon enough. While many milled about she wasn't going to beat around the bush. Proceedings in such a case where a successor wasn't declared were as straightforward as they came amongst the Echani. As such, she walked forward to the throne, drawing a hush from the advisors, and turned to look out at those gathered. Her face was solemn, determined, the face of a woman who had been doing business for years, while also working covertly as a Shadow.

"The Queen has abdicated the throne and I, Niamh Raste, intend to succeed her."

Murmurs started to grow.

"We all know what this entails, so let me begin by saying what you all expect to hear: my priority will be in the rebuilding of our planet from the past attacks, and the recertification of our people as the proud warriors we once were. The defeat we suffered before will not be suffered again because we won't allow it. I won't allow it. We have grown complacent, stuck in the mire of the past, and it has sucked us in an ever downward spiral of ineptitude that has seen us defeated at the hands of ancient foes. Foes who are foes for reasons so far gone that few could ever recall them without visiting a library to study what little we know.

"It is time we put our feud with the Thyrsians to an end!"

This caused what she expected. Even the advisors were angry.

"LISTEN TO ME!" she shouted, amplifying her voice with the Force to the point where most people either had to clamp hands over their ears or they were already deaf. "I do not say this lightly! Blood has been shed here by their hands, but so too has blood been shed on their world by ours. This feud is ancient and its time for it to dwindle so that we can focus on things that matter more in the galaxy than a spat between sibling races. This hatred for them has left us so focused on them that we forget there are more dangerous adversaries throughout the galaxy to be dealt with. More dangerous, even, than the Mandalorians.

"On the steps of this palace a Mandalorian currently resides. Nobody here will do him harm or I will punish them myself. I believe his presence here is not that of an enemy, but that of someone who feels remorse for what has happened in the past. To endure the looks, anger, and hateful vitriol he most assuredly has received since coming here, and remain, all the same, indicates someone who feels they have wronged us. This is a lesson we have to learn as a people. We cannot be blinded by stereotypical visions of those we call enemies. Not all Mandalorians or Thyrsians are evil. Not even all of us are good. Some have served evil in the past.

"But the past is what it is. This is now. I plan to rebuild our people into the galactic power that the Sisters once were. To do that we need to focus on rebuilding Eshan and rebuilding who we are. Focus on our combat prowess. Rebuild our military strength. Increase our economic output. Provide stability for our youth and the Sister's as a whole. This is the path to the future. Endless war with our brothers and sisters, based solely on the color of their skin, is futile and disgusting. Today that will end, and I'll accept the challenge of anyone who thinks otherwise."

Mathilde Brennus

M
Queen Spencer had finally abdicated from her throne. Some were caught off guard by the announcement, feeling it had come out of the blue, but the development hadn't surprised Mathilde much. While Spencer was usually present during major crises, day to day, regents ruled in her name. Her heart simply wasn't into ruling. So gracefully, she had stepped aside to allow a next generation to lead the Echani race into a new era, hopefully one of prestige and prosperity.

Ambitious aristocrats and warlords were salivating over the prospect of filling such a large vacuum of power. They may not take the top spot, but there was opportunity to reshuffle their status within the Sisters. Mathilde was of this mindset, a young mercenary commander and noble of a minor house without much of a reputation to make a serious claim for the throne.

So, like other Echani of note, she had gathered to observe the bid being made by the leader of the EIC, Niamh Raste. Thus far, she had remained silent in the proceedings, spear resting against her left shoulder as she sat.

Already, the proceeding had kicked off with some controversy, as the Raste suggested they finally make peace with the Thyrsians. Understandably, that elicited groans and complaints from many members of the gathering. The long-standing blood feud was almost ingrained into Echani culture at this point. Even as a progressive who was native to another world of the Five Sisters, she couldn't help it when her gloved hand tightened around her spear reflexively.

It was a hard truth, but one that needed to be spoken.

It was time to move on.

"She's right," Mathilde agreed aloud, standing to address everyone. "Arriving today from Endymion to Eshan, I was struck by how many ruins I can still see from orbit. Whole flattened districts. On foot, I came across multiple orphanages all filled to the brim. Does anyone want to continue leave Eshan in shambles as we consume ourselves with petty squabbles? So many of us have perished already from years of steady war. It's simply madness to continue to shed the blood of our Thyrsian cousins, and vice versa. We must prioritize our future over 'honoring' our ancestor's blood feud who's true origin has long been forgotten. I understand that many of us aren't exactly keen of running to the Thyrsians with open arms, but we could at least benefit from a truce. As a matter of survival."

Niamh Raste Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Gir Quee Gir Quee Elise Mig Gred Mig Gred Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Radical ideas, sometimes, could lead to a more prosperous life. There are many things one can do in order to live longer, to not just survive, but to thrive. So many people were hung up about the feud between our selves. Believers of once a Moon, and those who worshiped the sun. Two elements of the same coin. I have always been of the mindset that you can be allies, or work with anyone. Given time, and the chance to do so.

Secondly, from a scientific stand point, the only reason the moon had "light" was because it reflected the light from our sun. Not that it would mean much to politicians. Where "Feelings" and "Emotions" a considered more evident than facts. I just smirked as it made complete sense to me. Yet, this woman so hated the darkness within me. She didn't have to say it, but I knew people would trust me more if I hadn't... performed some actions of my past. However, it was fear of what I had done, and what more I could do that drove people away from me. Few have ever seen me do something kind to others. When I have. Their perception of "Light" and "Dark" is what prevented us from moving forward. I did what I thought, what I knew, I had to do.

Could they have done the same?

Maybe. Raste was getting there. I could see it in her. She knew that the best way we could move on, for us to become better as a society, is to not dwell upon the past. In fact. Forgive.

Another member spoke up. Face just as any one of us. Echani in her veins. Speaking up and confirming all that Raste spoke of. Smile deepening. They continued to argue, grovel and groan about how this would be the end, and how they were heretics for believing in such.

"Enough."

Its not often a Male Echani can take command of a room. Considering the last time someone could have done it was when Yusanis was still alive.

"I am not one for pleasantries, or politics. In fact I'd rather be out searching for my daughter. Instead, I am here. Eshan has been somewhat of a home to me for decades. While I have never found it to be of the grandeur my father spoke to me of as a child, I still wish to see that day. Spencer Jacobs, a woman who I have trusted for many years, has stepped down. She wants peace, and she wants to work with others. However, it seems there are some who are not keen on doing so. For years we have survived, but barely. The Echani Command before Spencer tried their best, but failed in the end. Spencer has tried, and did very well. She did many reforms that brought us to a better time. Now, when we seek to continue such, you spit at our feet, and speak of heresy, and radicalism."

Looking to Raste, I nodded gently.

"I cannot take the throne. Nor do I want too. However, should I see another queen placed upon the throne, the only face at the moment, would be Niamh Raste. She has a level head, most of the time, and does what she believes to be best for our people. As before, we are surviving. When we should be striving to thrive within the galaxy. The Mandalorians, The Confederacy, the Silver Jedi. All have played their part upon our home."

Taking a breath, I knew I would likely regret this decision,

"I second Raste as Queen, and will give myself to aid her in this new venture of the Echani people."

Niamh Raste Mathilde Brennus Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Mig Gred Mig Gred Gir Quee Gir Quee

Mig, needless to say, was shocked as he listened to what the new potential queen had to say. Any other Force Sensitives could probably feel it. She.... She wanted peace with the Thyrsians. To end their feud in order to rebuild, speak of how far back this feud went and how both side at this point had shed blood. He smiled under his helmet. Mandalorians could learn a thing or two from Niamh Raste here. He looked around at all the shocked and angry faces of the Echani near enough for him to see. It was crazy. And then another surprise.....

She was... protecting him...? She also hit at least something on the nose. Remorse. Honestly... this was true. He was there for both the Mandalorians first appearing, and the invasion afterwords. He saw and felt the best and worst in people then, and in battles since. Eshan though.... It was always a sticky one for him. He knew he couldn't represent every clan, or even clanmate, but... apparently being there did actually mean something. He would give a respectful nod to the possible queen, hoping he wasn't messing something up culturally.

Two other Echani would soon speak up too. Another female who shared Niahm's belief, and then a male. This last one surprised him a little, more so with the way he spoke. Mig didn't understand everything about Eshan culture, other than their combat traditions, so it was interesting to hear. Couldn't be ruler. Hm.... Either way, all three shared the same few. It was time to end their feuds to not just survive. But to thrive. He smiled under his helmet, continuing to look around and watch the others around and above.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Mathilde Brennus Elise Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Gir Quee Gir Quee

Metis bowed as Master Elise introduced them.

Metis looked on at the developments with interest, someone had already made a claim for the throne, and seemed to have supporters. It was early in the game for such a play, usually a council would be established even an interim one, followed by stabilisation and within them machiavellian political power plays. Usually several contenders, one of which would declare an election, several shadow puppets and paper men with only a couple of real contenders.

If Metis didn’t know better she would suspect this Niamh Raste of orchestrating a coup de ta. Metis considered the possibility. If it was part of a preplanned coup, Metis suspected a heavier military presence to back the prospective queen. This seemed too opportunistic for an organised. Still she seemed to have some supporters.(Mathilde Brennus)

Metis listened to what she had to say. It all sounded benevolent and logical. Peace with their long term enemies. Talking about peace and diplomacy in the opening stages of a hostile takeover was relatively rare. Even in less militaristic society’s, pacifist culture’s like Metis own Naboo. Ending a feud was difficult for a proud nation. It was an unusual play, if there was tyrannical take over in government, Metis knew from history that they tended to focus on a military campaign to solidify their power, both within their own nations and an aggressive attitude towards neighbouring powers.

Then again the infamous Darth Sidious proclaimed his Empire in the aftermath of a great galactic war, promising a new error of peace. Though it had been with the enforcement of victory and immediate genocide of thousands of Jedi.

It was still early in the game, but this Niamh seemed to genuine, even if some of her support came from a Dark sider. ( Vora Kaar Vora Kaar ) Metis knew enough about politics and politicians to know that campaign promises were unreliable at best . Still Metis was hopeful that should Niamh succeed as Queen of Eshan, she would make good on her promises of peace.

Gir Quee Gir Quee
Mig Gred Mig Gred

Elise

E
Elise's brow shot up in a rare display of shock. Big promises, indeed. Bigger than even Elise had dared to expect. She watched as an uproar rippled through the crowd. She listed as each person spoke their peace with the declaration. But most importantly, she paid attention to the padawan at her side. Elise was no Echani, but she read the girl's body language well.

Now would not be the time for an in depth conversation, but her concerns were soothed by the girl's accepting stance.

She cleared her through, speaking up herself. "The Silver Jedi, too, will aid you in this dream," she announced, declaring support for the idea, but not the woman. Elise was learning.

She still hated politics, but she found it easier to catch Niamh Raste 's gaze and offer warmly. "Sometimes a neutral ear goes far to reestablish trust. We'll be here for your people, in whatever way you request."

Niamh Raste

N
The amount of uproar she caused was expected. For years they had been odds with the Thyrsians. In fact, when they'd expelled the members of Echani Command from Thyrsus they'd done so by completely slaughtering them. No quarter had been given. To be fair, it angered her that such was their actions, but at the same time, she understood their disdain. For hundreds of years, they had been enslaved by the Echani. A barbaric practice, slavery was. She felt it was something beneath them. They were supposed to be a proud and powerful people and slavery was something for the weak who couldn't be bothered to do things for themselves.

Unexpected was the response she received from Vora Kaar Vora Kaar . While he had indicated he would hear her out, she hadn't thought he would side with her given his past proclivities. Clearly there was more to him than met the eye. Still, Niamh was more apt to want to work with his daughter than him. Darren was a powder keg waiting to explode in her eyes. Powerful, certainly. He had helped the last Queen and people didn't forget such things that quickly. Having him on her side was a good omen, even if it was a cautious one.

So to had Mathilde Brennus shown her support and even Elise had spoken up in support of what she'd said. Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis had remained curiously silent. She gave off a wary feeling in the Force and Niamh suspected that she didn't believe that her intentions were true. It wasn't unusual. There were many others that would doubt her intentions. Well versed in the goings on of the galaxy, she knew that several individuals had built empires on promises of peace and prosperity. They did want those goals, but they'd also wanted total galactic power. It was easy for them to throw out beautiful ideals as a smokescreen for their true desires.

Niamh, however, wasn't them.

While she had no idea what Mig Gred Mig Gred might have been feeling, and Gir Quee Gir Quee had so far remained respectfully silent, nobody had made to challenge her. She waited what seemed an appropriate length of time and then decided that if someone wanted to challenge her later she'd accept. Being confident in her abilities, she was certain she could best most any Echani that might want to challenge her for the throne. Except, perhaps, for Darren, but he had indicated he had no desire for the position already, not that anyone would allow him to take it. She might be willing to make peace with the Thyrsians but she still believed that women should lead the Echani, not men.

Not one to bandy about, she turned to the throne and sat down upon it, making her claim official and binding unless someone deposed her. For the moment she wasn't worried about the Queen's circlet, which seemed a good thing because none of the advisory council seemed to have it with them. No doubt they hadn't expected things to resolve already.

"Since it seems no one wants to challenge me," she began, "despite the obvious dislike for what I've said among many, I'll take it as a sign that you see the wisdom of my words and that you approve of me taking on the role of Queen."

She looked around the room, waiting for someone to protest.

"That said, it's time I select my advisors." Murmurs of displeasure from the current advisors went ignored. "I intend to select someone as a representative from each of the five worlds that remain aligned with Echani Command and the Compact. Since Lady Brennus has spoken in support of our goals, I'd like her to represent Endymion on the council if she will accept. For Eshan, I would like for Anora Shaw to be the representative, provided her father can find her and she is willing. For the remainder, I will have to look into it as I'm not as familiar with the denizens of those worlds, something I intend to rectify as soon as possible.

"Now, if anyone wishes to speak with me one on one, they can approach. Otherwise, if nobody is going to challenge my assumption of rule, then you're free to leave and I thank you for coming."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom