Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connors' Christmas Message 2018

Hi everyone!

Yes, yes. It's me again. Been absent from the site for over half the year but still pops up like a festive cold to wish you all glad tidings, glad tidings to you and your King.

It's that time of year when the world slows down a little more heading into Christmas and the New Year, or whatever holiday you may celebrate.

Chaos as ever has fun, dramatic, exciting and unpredictable for another year. Lots of changes, opinions and drama along the way but it’s all been part of the process of RP and your individual personalities that make this site special, so a pat on the back to you all your time, your effort, your passion and support as writers, as characters and as Staff for making this place a home away from home for many.

You've all been through so much change, Major and Minor Factions alike, but its all shaped the board to offer new opportunities and forge new relations to explore in 2019 and we have lots more new faces to welcome and corrupt.

If you’ve been here for years or just literally days, it doesn’t matter. You each play a part in how everyone else progresses with your unique skills and interpretations in the growing Star Wars galaxy we play in, and I’m glad there is such passion and creativity out there that is evidently growing and growing. New or old, there is always time to learn.

I always say to be daring, and I stand by it. Be daring in 2019. Talk to those you haven’t talked to you. Create Open threads to fuel your own RP ideas. Ask others you haven’t written with before to write with you. Make a Faction. Who knows what we’ll find out there! Take chances! Be outrageous!

I hope you, your family and friends are safe and well. If you have lost friends or family close to you, know we send you our strength for this difficult time. Let us all try and wish away the negatives of 2018 to embrace a happier and hopeful 2019. The good thing is, no matter where we are, we’ve all got this place to come back to for support and escapism.

And so, regardless of your race, religion, sex , age – it doesn’t matter. You may be celebrating Christmas, you may not – what matters at this time of year is a general feeling of unity and hope for the future. It is time to rest, relax and have fun. Spend time with friends and family. Forget any troubles or worries that have held you back.

And for Chaos? Heck. Forget about this place for a day or two and give those near that attention you’ve not done yet. Go for a short break or a long walk. Talk to real people once more! We’ve all said and done things we regret here and wish we could take it back, but that’s what makes us human I guess; learn from our mistakes, and move forward as a better person and community – it’s time for a clean slate; a fresh start; another new chapter.

I’m not speaking on behalf of anyone, this is just something from me, Chris, a writer from the UK who sadly hit a wall of depression for the first time in my life; diagnosed in May and only just really coming back after an unplanned LOA. It has changed things for me, but I am determined to not let it beat me and find my way back here fully next year for lots more writing and adventure.

You are the spirits of Chaos past, present and future. Let’s raise our Blue Milk / Corellian Ale / Jawa Juice in a toast to the site, the community and the future – it is what you make it.

Happy Christmas guys.

May the Force be with you.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom