Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Connections pls

tumblr_pprcit1oCA1vthyo6o10_400.gif

Howdy folks, I've got a new character here, so I am looking to put together some connections and fill out some backstory gaps here and there. I've got a few specific ideas which I will be listing below, but feel free to hit me up with any ideas of your own if you have a look at Ben here and think there's somewhere you can fit in - or if you've simply got an interest in roleplaying!

As a note, there's no requirement on my end for these connections to come with threads, most will be linked to parts of Ben's past so we can simply discuss the specifics for any future threads, that said - I am more than open to some threads, particularly with anyone who takes up these connections. Additionally, most of these connections are likely to be GA-centric, as the character is fairly closely linked to that faction, though with that said that's not a hard-and-fast rule, so if you aren't a GA character don't let that stop you from reaching out.

So, without further ado!

The Street Kid - (Criminals, Bounty Hunters, Law Enforcement)
Ben grew up in the sublevels of Coruscant, surrounded by gang violence. He made considerable efforts to fight back against the criminal elements around his home, making plenty of enemies in the process. Additionally, Ben eventually came to join the Alliance Marshal Service and patrol these same sublevels. Perhaps you're a criminal he crossed, or a bounty hunter or LEO he worked with?

The Senate Investigator - (The Senate, Law Enforcement, Corporations)
Ben's last major job as a member of the Alliance Marshal Service was leading an investigation into corruption and breaches of public trust in the Alliance Senate. This investigation was likely invasive, impeding the work and lives of a number of senators. Perhaps you resent Ben's efforts - either as a directly investigated party, or just as someone whose work was disrupted. Perhaps you welcomed the investigation, eager to see more efforts to root out corruption in the Senate. Perhaps you were involved in the investigation, or had some lucrative contracts halted because of it?

The Rookie - (The SIA, the GADF, Other factions)
Ben is one of The SIA - and specifically DipServ's newest agents. Though he came highly recommended and was poached from the Alliance Marshals, he's new here, and plenty of his fellow agents make sure he knows it. Perhaps you're a senior of Ben's, or work closely with him? Perhaps you've encountered him on one of his first postings or operations, either on his side or against him?

Free Space! - (Anybody!)
Ben's got plenty of room for all sorts of things to be going on, and all kinds of connections. If you think you'd have a good idea for how your character and Ben could be linked, or have a thread idea you think Ben fits a slot for, feel free to reply or hit me up!

Before her Council days, Valery worked as a Jedi Shadow with the SIA, so that'd be an option for The Rookie proposal. Depending on just how new he is, it might work. She has done some stuff on Coruscant like hunting down a Vampire in the past, so could have been a case he heard about as Marshal too.

I also have Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , who is a GA Marine and on the younger side, but has been kinda wandering around Coruscant now that he's on forced leave due to injuries. If you're looking for a more military style connection, it's an option!

Before her Council days, Valery worked as a Jedi Shadow with the SIA, so that'd be an option for The Rookie proposal. Depending on just how new he is, it might work. She has done some stuff on Coruscant like hunting down a Vampire in the past, so could have been a case he heard about as Marshal too.

I also have Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , who is a GA Marine and on the younger side, but has been kinda wandering around Coruscant now that he's on forced leave due to injuries. If you're looking for a more military style connection, it's an option!

Ben's definitely pretty new to the SIA, so sadly they probably wouldn't have worked together in that capacity. However I imagine they definitely might have come across one another when he was working as a Marshal! Perhaps he had some involvement on that Vampire hunt/investigation, it sounds like the kind of thing that would grab his attention.

resident-evil6-leon.gif

So, without further ado!

The Street Kid - (Criminals, Bounty Hunters, Law Enforcement)
Ben grew up in the sublevels of Coruscant, surrounded by gang violence. He made considerable efforts to fight back against the criminal elements around his home, making plenty of enemies in the process. Additionally, Ben eventually came to join the Alliance Marshal Service and patrol these same sublevels. Perhaps you're a criminal he crossed, or a bounty hunter or LEO he worked with?
Victoria and her family were doing underworld stuff on coruscant originally. Would seem plausible they met at some point that way. Whether on good terms or not. She didn't always deal with stuff directly, so he may not have actually seen her doing criminal stuff. Even if he knew that she did. It's actually very feasible that she leaked rival identities and locations to him, as it meant she wouldn't have to hire anyone to deal with them herself. IC this likely would have been a simple, 'You want them gone, and I want them gone, for the same reasons, so here's where and who they are.'

Victoria and her family were doing underworld stuff on coruscant originally. Would seem plausible they met at some point that way. Whether on good terms or not. She didn't always deal with stuff directly, so he may not have actually seen her doing criminal stuff. Even if he knew that she did. It's actually very feasible that she leaked rival identities and locations to him, as it meant she wouldn't have to hire anyone to deal with them herself. IC this likely would have been a simple, 'You want them gone, and I want them gone, for the same reasons, so here's where and who they are.'

Ayy I like that idea - creates an interesting dynamic if they ever meet up and it's a relationship he might need/want to leverage going forward in his SIA career. These two have potentially never met directly but still had enough interactions and 'work' together that if they met it'd be an interesting situation. I like, I like.

Ben's definitely pretty new to the SIA, so sadly they probably wouldn't have worked together in that capacity. However I imagine they definitely might have come across one another when he was working as a Marshal! Perhaps he had some involvement on that Vampire hunt/investigation, it sounds like the kind of thing that would grab his attention.

resident-evil6-leon.gif
Almost forgot to reply to thiiiis, but the vampire hunt thing works for me! I can always share some details in DM's and work stuff out whenever~

Almost forgot to reply to thiiiis, but the vampire hunt thing works for me! I can always share some details in DM's and work stuff out whenever~

Deal! Vampire-hunters extraordinaire lets goooo. Feel free to hit me up with the details!

I don't know if you've already got one but i could possibly help the The Street Kid phase. Most likely as a bounty hunter that may have given you the basics in combat?

Oh damn yes for sure! Ben would've needed a fighting mentor of sorts particularly when he was younger, so that works perfectly.

Ayy I like that idea - creates an interesting dynamic if they ever meet up and it's a relationship he might need/want to leverage going forward in his SIA career. These two have potentially never met directly but still had enough interactions and 'work' together that if they met it'd be an interesting situation. I like, I like.
Yeah! Now, she doesn't operate in Coruscant as often anymore though she doubtless still has connections there and maybe occasional jobs. (Mostly would work in Hutt territory now after making her own company, but I can move her around a lot due to the nature of her job). But yeah, whether you want them to interact or not it would definitely add connections and a little extra story, and would completely fit with both of their backgrounds I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom