Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Compassion & Compromise (Kyra Perl)

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn grinned in approval as his Padawan gave him a curtsy, (It was better than nothing at all and he'd take it). However Kyra Perl Kyra Perl seemed to want more than just a sparring match, she seemed to suggest a lesson this time around, for there was a difference between the two things. She also seemed very determined, and motivated, which for Caedyn came as something of a welcome surprise to her previous mood. One that he could cater to, gladly.

"Alright then, but in future let's refer to sparring matches for what they are, a training and practice session where we face each other in non-fatal combatl. A lesson in swordsmanship however is a more productive and educational format of teaching, where as I would typically be standing side by side with you, teaching you things rather than using them against you" He explained, his tone gentle and calm, speaking for her education but lacking any negative tones or the like that would otherwise give her cause to retreat within herself.

"We will continue with the sparring session however, because it could be useful in building upon your precognitive senses, as well as learning to study and read your opponent" He continued. He would then bow to her in return before then proceeding to ignite his lightsaber, moving into a readied stance. Shifting his right foot foward with the majority of his weight upon it, while his left foot slid back and remained light and loose. He leaned forward marginally, his lightsaber held in two hands at weight height with the blade at a verticle seventy degree angle in front of him.

"What can you tell me about my stance. More importantly, what does my body language tell you?".

Kyra eyed his form, her lips pursed as she gaze lingered at his squared off hips. "...That you have to go poo?" She hazard, genuinely unable to fathom a meaning inside his stance.

It was ironic, given her nature. But as the girl's use of her empathy was mostly unconscious, active attempts to tap into her potential and apply it elsewhere usually felt like trying to speak another language. Just. What.

"...Do you?" She offered, dropping her own stance causally. "Cause you can you know, before we start... No one likes to be jumping around constipated..."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn blinked, looking across at his Padawan somewhat dumbfounded for an appropriate response, trying to find logic behind her answer. She clearly wasn't thinking deep enough, or otherwise had been given no teaching in regards to body language before.

"My weight is on my front foot, meaning that I am likely to go on the aggressive. If I had my weight balanced I would be defensive and on the backfoot more likely to retreat backwards" Caedyn pointed out to her.

"My blade is facing ahead of me, in your direction. My eyes are on you, I would think that from your position I would appear rather intent to engage, were I a random encounter in the field" he continued.

"Body language can give us hints to our opponents intentions without the need for precognition or the use of the Force. For example, most people look to their surroundings when they are planning on repositioning themselves. Or, for another example, the use of both hands around your opponents hilt as opposed to a single hand should suggest that their attacks are going to be stronger, yet also slower...Meaning it would be wise to seek to evade and counter-attack as a follow up when they are exposed" There was much more to combat than simply swinging the blade. The greatest tool beside the Force itself that one carried into conflict, was the mind. A weaker combatant who employed sound tactics, could often overcome the strongest of opponents in the right conditions.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

"...Oh," she replied, her tone clipped. After an equally dumbfounded pause, she raised her saber, frowning. "Is there, like, a language based off that. Body language I mean. Some slaves somewhere made it cause they weren't allowed to talk?" Strange the things that stuck in her mind versus what didn't, but it just so happened that in that class Master Julin had a fly buzzing around his lips, earning her rapture.

"I don't know any slave languages-- Zeltrons read emotions, not intentions. Which hardly matters," she grumbled to herself. "I'm barely one myself." She huffed and raised her point back to his, matching his stance off habit. Yuroic had taught her through having her mirror him.

"How do you even know all this?" She challenged, her chin raised to him. If he moved, she'd follow it to a t.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Back in that old Order I told you about, my primary focus of learning was on combat and the Force. Others took to sciences, healing, exploring and history, but I wanted to conquer self discipline, both of the body and the mind. It's why I'm used to these routines you find so grueling" Caedyn chuckled after responding, he being no stranger to hard work and exerting himself to testing and pushing his physical and mental boundaries through heavy training.

Caedyn's stance soon changed, he spreading his weight evenly upon both feet, side by side, steadying his balance while he bright his lightsaber into two hands and turned the blade to face side-on before him. It was a defensive stance, one ready to receive an attack from his opponent. But Kyra Perl Kyra Perl would need to decipher this one for her own.

"I'm not only capable in using the Lightsaber but I know several forms of martial arts and hand-to-hand techniques. I also learned how to create force imbued weapons and am still studying the art of Alkahest, though the latter is a long-lived pursuit that will take me years to Master, yet. If at all".

"Alkahestawala?" She echoed, confusion clear in her tone. She frowned, then shook out her head. "...Never mind that-- I dunno wanna talk-- I just wanna do." She complained, a whine hitting her tone. "Can we just get to it-- people are dying out there. I don't have years to do this!" She gave him a frustrated swipe, saber's clashing against his defensive stance. Her patience dissolved into exasperation, desperation to get back out there and help others being revealed as the reason behind her sudden determination.

"Don't just stand there defensively, do something!"

Caedyn Arenais

C
With the abrupt arrival of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's frustrations and impatience, Caedyn's expression hardened. His formerly gentle features fading as he recognized that child-like attitude, causing him to stand upright and shake his head in disappointment, his thumb triggering the toggle of his Lightsaber hilt deactivating the weapon.

"Your impatience and need to rush through everything isn't going to earn you any favors with me" he informed her, "A Jedi practices patience and self discipline, understanding the importance of a clear mind and strong moral etiquette. If you're unable to mind your feelings and stop yourself from behaving like a child, we're going to be a long way away from practicing anything involving a Lightsaber, Padawan" Caedyn looked to her, his tone firm, authoritative.

"How many times have I been over this with you already...".

Heat hit Kyra's cheeks, her eyes growing a wash of moisture at once. Her scowl transformed into a wavering pout, the feelings brought out by his chastising contained behind a wobbling lip.

No, wait. She didn't mean this. She didn't wanna go down this path again, she had just- she flustered in place, head falling down. She wanted to back track but emotionally lacked the skills to resolve the moment. She was still young, despite her age, her mindset had clearly dragged behind. Unlike before, though, she didn't respond in indignation. She didn't apologize either, though, standing silently-- boiling over with the emotion she barely could contain.

Small steps?

Secretly, she just hoped to take his sharp words, and then have him resume without this hole being dug any further. She really wanted to learn today.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn watched, and waited; And to his surprise there was no fight or retaliatory verbal abuse that came from his Padawan. Whether or not she agreed with his reasoning, it seemed she was learning to be compliant with his instructions.

"What you're currently displaying is self-restraint, Kyra" Caedyn pointed out the obvious, though with good reasons; "This is the first time I've seen you use some in an otherwise sensitive moment. It may not feel like it, but despite earning the lecture, it seems you're learning after all..." this did not excuse her behavior, however her progress warranted an equal show of reward and compliance from he himself.

Caedyn's Lightsaber reignited with a snap-hiss, and he returned to his former stance, readying himself as he had previously. It was clear indication that he was content to continue the session in response to her willingness to conform and obey his instructions.

"We spoke a little of Ataru previously and you expressed interest in the form. What do you remember of the subject?".

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

There was a small, hopeful perk as Caedyn reignited his saber, the girl getting what she wanted in the end. Even if she had gone about it wrong at the start. His dreadful question was put up with, her attention lingering solely on his saber now and it what it promised-- training. The kind she liked. Kyra was motivated easily but things that intrigued her. He currently held one such thing in his hands.

"Not much," she answered honestly, her voice subdued. It wasn't that she was dumb, she just didn't apply herself. If she didn't like it, she didn't commit it to mind. There were a lot more things she remembered about that lesson. Like the subtle tick of frustration running through him. Or the way the light to the far left kept flickering.

Or how she had really needed to cut her big toe nail-- it had dug in so horribly.

"We're learning So deim right now... right?" Her flickered tentatively up to his.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Djem So...-But close" Caedyn replied. Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had inadvertently corrected him, his memory having slipped and mistaken the two forms and what she had been mostly interested in, yet she didn't seem to take up the opportunity to give him chit about it. "It has similarities to Ataru yet focuses less on force use and aerial maneuvers and more on offensive and heavier strikes with the blade. It's considered to be an opposition to Soresu, as Soresu is solely focused on the defensive".

Caedyn's stance straightened and both hands brought the hilt of his lightsaber up at chest height, the blade pointing directly vertical while he himself faced his Padawan. His feet were evenly balanced, as was his weight upon them. "This is the base stance of Djem So practitioners" he informed her, expecting that she would try to imitate his stance as she had previously.

"Practitioners of Djem So make the most of the strength and force of two-handed strikes, looking to overcome their opponents as fast and aggressively as possible. It can be a difficult form to manage in that you also have to be mindful of your emotional awareness. You don't want that aggression to extend to your emotions and risk influencing your behavior towards others, or blinding your ability to concentrate on what's important".

Kyra mimicked his stance, showing a small gift for being able to pull herself into the correct form off of observation alone. Everything down to the tiny angles and shifting of weight fell into place, the girl unconsciously channeling from the example before her.

"I'm not very strong," she confessed, a touch of disappointment entering her tone. "Master Yuroic says I shouldn't try to be... that my small form will be my strength... can I not do this either?" Came the subtly distressed question. Finding ones style and place in the order was hard, and often times tedious. It took trying and failing, both of which Kyra seemed to avoid at all costs.

The saber lowered from its position slightly, her confidence snuffing slightly. "I'm really not that strong."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Size does not necessarily dictate strength, our movements can be amplified through a certain practice of the Force that's referred to as augmentation. The channeling of energies throughout our bodies, strengthening our muscles and empowering our strikes or otherwise enhancing our stamina and speed. There have been Jedi that have been able to move in quick bursts, faster than the eyes can track, over the past centuries through practicing this skill tree" Caedyn replied, likely not what Kyra Perl Kyra Perl would expect to hear. Yet when one took the time to think about examples such as the unnatural height that many Jedi could leap through the aid of the Force, it really wasn't that difficult to fathom.

"With enough time and practice, I could teach you to apply the strength greater than most fully grown men could produce" Caedyn smiled, giving her an encouraging nod, not wanting her to be disheartened so easily, "Remember that the Force offers us many gifts, special abilities that few can learn outside of the Jedi. These are things to be respected and practiced with care, yet you are certainly capable, I have no doubt of that".

"However...Learning the Force takes patience and perseverance. Discipline, which is why I encourage you so".

Kyra groaned. "You're talking about meditation again, aren't you?" Far too much talking, not enough slashing! Another rash bought of frustration rang through her, the girl desperate to move and apply herself. Yet all he did was blab! She slashed at his saber, desperate to encourage some movement. "I hate staying still. I wanna practice! Please let's try to do something-- we can learn about that laaaaaaaaaaaaater!"

She stepped forward, giving another testing slash. And then another, trying to drive him into a spar with her. She took it back, she didn't want a formal lesson! She'd learn from example!

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You either want me to teach you, or you want to spar. Which is it?" Caedyn questioned her, eyeing his Padawan skeptically as he battered her strikes away with his blade rather swiftly, moving to step back a couple paces and recenter himself. He took a moment to study that of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , before rolling his eyes and resigning himself to give her what she was so desperately seeking.

His stance changed, his lightsaber reverting to the single grip of his right hand, lowering the blade to point down on an angle towards the floor in front of him, his body turning side-on from her, his eyes keenly focused upon his Padawan, keeping a close watch over her movements, scanning her for any sign or hint of what she'd do next.

Yet in that pause, Caedyn quickly dashed forward several paces, his right hand bringing his lightsaber to sweep up in a vertical slash, wide and easy to track were she quick enough to act in response to his sudden move to the offensive.

Kyra considered his question for the sparsest of moments. "...Spar!" She jabbed at him again, a pleased grin erupting across her features as he changed his stance.

"Ohey! I know that one-- It's sparing!" She declared, taking a step back and raising her blade to- he dashed. She startled, taking a stumbling step back. Her lazy blade swung up-- too slow as she became blocked by his blade slashing across her body. "Owe!" She yelped, a red welt appearing over the bear shoulder under her strap.

She balked at Caedyn in betrayal, taking more scrambling steps back as she tried to comprehend and get reorientated. "Hey! That's not waiting for me to make the first move!" He changed up his fighting style!

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Don't just stand there defensively, do something..." Caedyn repeated Kyra's words back at her, as if to suggest this was what she was asking for. "Don't overthink it, listen to what your instincts tell you. Study my movements, look for patterns or an opening to counteract my attacks" he encouraged her, pausing as he tried to educate her in the moment before intently moving on the attack once more.

The Jedi Knight dashed across the short space between them, his knees dropping to force himself into a slide across the area floor, right hand sweeping the blade of his Lightsaber just shy above the sparring matt that would otherwise seek to connect with her shins were Kyra not prepared. It was a very low thrown strike, with an obvious and simple evasion if his Padawan was able to work it out.

Caedyn didn't follow up with further attacks regardless of the result, he would give his Padawan time to recover and prepare herself, or otherwise choose to go on the attack herself.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Was he mocking her?

She balked, her lips parting to sass him right on back mister! That was so r- His next sudden attack was noticed in time, the girl paying more attention to the pull of his muscles as he suddenly dashed and slid forward. Without think, she jumped up. With the aid of the force, she thoughtless somersaulted in the air and landed facing him on the other side.

She hadn't meant to do that. ...She wasted no time, trying to drive her training saber right through his back with a satisfying "Ha!"

Caedyn Arenais

C
His sweeping slash had missed, and Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had evaded the move just as Caedyn had hoped. She jumped, and even used the Force to take her higher and carry herself up and over.

She had proven that she could listen to the Force, to her instincts as they kicked into play in a natural form of response. On command, she doubted herself, yet here in this moment she'd not had the chance to think and question things, she simply acted.

His eyes followed her, a smirk upon his face growing as he turned with her, his right hand bringing his Lightsaber around with him to parry her blade off to his right. It was a simple defensive parry as he rose to full height from the previous crouching maneuver, now standing face to face with his Padawan.

Having forced her blade to his right via the parry, he then moved to drive his blade forward in a stabbing motion directly towards her chest. A killing blow, had they not been practicing with lower frequencies.

“Ouch!” Kyra complained, the blade driven into her chest. Her stumbling steps and swinging blade connected with his a moment too late. The smell of burnt fibers touched her nose. Her clothing took the burn that should have marked her skin, a reminder that she would have been dead if this was real.

Her chest heaved, her thoughts racing. Yuriocs lessons were also so slow and methodical. think, he encouraged her. Now she thought too much and too little all at once— her muscles pulling her into a well practice stance as her mind froze up and left her slashing back wildly.

She advantaged, falling into a more well practiced arch across his side. And another step, trying to catch him over the head. The thrashing movements had no control- panicked as she tried to overwhelm him in return.

Can’t stab if you’re too busy defending?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom