Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee Addicts Unite!

Katrine had sorta been on her way to Kashyyyk, with the Silver Jedi party tomorrow but she'd been on the ship for two days straight and as soon as she had spotted Naboo on her screen promptly decided she need a couple of hours to recharge and vanish into the crowd. Normally this meant she was about to get so lost in the crowd and forget what she was supposed to do but Kat had been getting better at remembering earlier plans and sticking to schedules. Not great yet but better, for sure.

Once on the planet, she'd chilled, showered, found a cute little dress and fixed up her hair. It was Naboo after all, the planet of pretty and she refused to be stand out in one of her crazy old purple outfits and besides, she had so many clothes here, both hers and Mother's that she could wear, it seemed silly to waste them.

She did however get lost in the crowd, wandering the streets for a while before she got an urge for a warm beverage, giving her wanderings some sort of a meaning if she searched for a place to get something to drink. She froze outside of the large windows, the outside clear sign of them selling coffee, quickly making the Lupine turn on her heal and head for the doors. And then again, she froze when she opened the doors and took in the sight of the place. Katrined squeed and grinned. "This is too cute!" The blond declared before she stepped inside, her sapphire blue gaze moving through the palce. There were regular tables, they were high chairs, there were machines for making coffee that she didn't know how to operate. Nona brewed beverages the old way, without large machinery though she would tell Kat about there being great machines that made coffee, and not just the ship devices that instantly gave you any beverage you asked without showing you how it was done. Now, she could actually see what Nona was talking about, her attention towards the large machine beside the counter, her legs taking her there. Her head titled, trying to figure out how it worked. "How does it make coffee?" Katrine wondered out loud, asking herself rather than anyone else, trying to see how it operated. Normally, Kat would just do and not asked, which sometimes delivered a broken machine but she was too fascinated by the whole thing to even touch it.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

Karna started off his day like usual. First bathing, brushing his teeth, and then getting dressed. After cleaning himself up Karna walked down the stairs to greet Ray, an employee that works at his coffee shop. Everyday Ray came into the job early without complaining. It made him feel like he was a good boss. "Good day Ray, I assume you're doing well." he said moving towards the counter, a reply came quickly. "Of course Mr Kar. And you?" he asked while cleaning a glass. Karna laughed. "I'm well myself. I don't have to work hard when you're around after all."

Today's business was a little odd in a way that there were a great amount of people visiting. Anybody was welcomed to be his customer but with this many, he had to work harder. That is something he knew how to do but as a friendly person, he wanted to learn about each and every person who walked inside. With so many he wouldn't be able to achieve that. Eventually though, the building would become less crowded. A few customers every half hour instead of a dozen. Allowing both Ray and Karna to rest some.

"Ray, can you do me a favor?" he asked hoping the answer was yes. Ray nodded. "Go pick us up some food. Here." he held out money, Ray took it and headed towards the market. "Thanks."

For a moment Karna walked upstairs to wash his face in the bathroom. He knew he couldn't leave the shop without anyone there for long so he came back down right after. When he did a visitor had come. A girl who had blonde hair and captivating eyes. She also was wearing a rather cute dress, one befitting for her stature. The girl looked as if her focus was solely on the machine in front of her. Karna didn't want to interrupt the girl but he wondered if she was thirsty. "Can I help you little lady?" he asked smiling, while moving to behind the counter.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

There was a small tickle to her consciousness, the Force giving her a small nudge. "Not now, I'm busy," Katrine muttered as her head titled further at the machine. It was probably why she missed on what she was being warned, the voice startling her suddenly. Her head turned, sapphire blues spotting the tall, dark haired man, a smile spreading. "Hi! Where'd you come from?" Katrine blurted out without thinking before she realized she'd been asked something.

"I'm sorry, what?" The blond suddenly wondered, it had completely escaped her for some reason. Then again, how could it reached her? Majority of her brain was actively trying to understand how the machine was working, small portion of it being nudged by the Force which she now assumed was probably because it was alerting her to company and then the tiny little bit was where her eyes were drawn. Tall and dark haired. Pretty boy, the thought popped into her head suddenly, remembering it had been a short while since she'd thought of that for someone. He was totally good looking and stupidly tall. She could tell that even from where she stood but then she was kinda stupidly short so that probably played a part in that thought process.

She lowered her brows, her head lost in thought for a few moment while she tried to organize them which wasn't always super easy for her. "Uhh, how does this machine work?" She wondered, pointing her index finger at the machine machine beside her. "Nona always said there were these super cool machines that made Kaf but I have the thing on a the ship that sorta just gives me what I want and doesn't show me how it's done and Nona, she does this brewing thing over an open flame in her house," her mouth kept opening, the words kept coming out and while Kat kept complete track of what she was thinking, she often didn't think about the fact that others sometimes got lost in what she was saying.

There it was, the slow distraction, losing focus. Don't forget about the party, Katrine tried to remind herself before the thought completely vanished but she'd already moved towards the counter, looking over the rest of the things, her fingers lightly drumming into the edge of the counter. "Can you make me um...," she paused, puffed her lips, then inhaled a deep breath. "Tall cup, third of it hot black kaf, third of it chocolate and a third of low-fat milk. And if you have any room left, you can add a splash of any seasonal bitter fruit juice you have in stock." What? Was Kat weird about her coffee choice? Kat was born weird so nothing odd about it. She loved kaf but she also loved chocolate which she didn't get much growing up because Mother was allergic to it. Milk type was really irrelevant, she just like to say low-fat milk because it sounded super silly. And the juice thing was a joke she'd played on Nona once who tried to tell her at thirteen that she should have some juice before she drank kaf so Kat dropped in some juice into it and found out she liked it. So really, the joke turned on her in a totally good way.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

The girl who appeared in his absence suddenly asked where he came from. Karna made an attempt to answer that but was stopped by another question. For a moment he was confused and didn't know what to say. He stood there with a confused expression behind the counter. Then he decided to speak. "My name's Karna. May I take your order?" he asked hoping she'd tell him this time. From her looks he thought she was still a teenager, maybe he was mistaken. She seemed like her mind was elsewhere and he wanted to ask if she was alright. Karna felt like it'd be rude to ask about it so he ended up not asking, for now.

Karna listened to the girl as she started asking another question. He smiled and thought the question was a joke at first. She looked genuinely curious however so he gave a serious answer. "This machine works like most others we grind up coffee beans and brew the coffee as usual. Add in the good stuff later." he said explaining the basics to her. She talked about a person called Nona after that question. Nona? A relative probably he thought making an assumption. It became a little difficult to keep up with her words a little after the name, but he did catch that. Karna wanted to ask about this person, himself becoming curious.

Finally, the order had arrived. Karna did think the order was a little strange but everyone had their own preferences. It would be even more strange if he didn't have the items requested to be added to the coffee. Fruit juice especially was an odd thing to add to coffee. He took his time on measurements since they were specific. When the preparation and mixing was complete Karna set the cup in front of the young lady. "Here you go. I hope its to your liking." he said truly wanting her to be happy with the beverage. "What is your name little lady?" he asked wanting to know.

His name was Karna and he wanted to take her order. "Oh! Hi, Karna!" Katrine quickly gave a greeting before her thoughts had distracted her. This time though, her head was coming up with why that name sounded so familiar. "Like carnage. Your parents thought they were super funny, didn't they?" The thought formed into the words as she thought it, giggling a bit. Carnage wasn't a half bad word in her mind. Of course, Katrine had words to relate to that one. Slaughter, massacre, mass murder, bloodbath, she rounded them up in her head, relating it to the love story of her parents.

Karna was quick enough to explain the machine though it made it seem a whole lot simple than Katrine had expected it to be. Apparently, it worked like the others. They grounded coffee beans and brew coffee as usual, making her slowly nod. Kat didn't exactly have a reference to usual to be fair. She only knew of the two other ways of getting coffee, she could have easily assumed there were only those two ways if Nona didn't find reason to all experiences into lessons. Some of those were kinda boring, others though were pretty fun to listen to.

Once she'd given the other, she leaned into her counter, watching him make the coffee. Seemed pretty simple enough as he was doing it. "Can I make the second one?" Kat totally was gonna need a second one to go, especially if it was tasty as her own usually was. He set the coffee in front of her when it was done and Kat looked at his face up close again. "Oh! You have golden eyes. Hawks have golden eyes, except Nona and well, me." her head titled slightly as she watched a little better. "Yours seem to be glowing. How come they're glowing?" Katrine asked. "Anyone ever tell you you're a pretty boy?" And while she was taking and still looking at him, the original thought just blurted out without thinking. He really was.

Katrine picked up her cup with both hands, the warmth reaching her hands quicly as she took a sip from the mix, smiling right away as the mix hit her taste buds. "This is delicious," she shared before setting it back down on the counter and pulling her small leather backpack from off her back, digging her hand to fish out some credits she kept in the bottom, putting them on the counter just as she heard the next question. "It's Katrine. Katrine Van-Derveld," she responded. "Most people call me Kat though." The root of her name was essentially how it had began. Her Father was Ket, she was Kat but Mother always say she didn't like his full name which was Keticus and sought to make it better. Curupira was pretty pleased with the way she'd solved the problem from what she told Kat.

With the question answered and her backpack back on her back, Katrine picked up her cup again and drank some more of it. Most people would probably think it super weird and not at all tasty but Katrine enjoyed the mixed sensation.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

The girl laughed about his name, he didn't quite understand why naming him after battle was funny. Or maybe this was him not paying enough attention to things. Either way he explained his name. "While it's common for warriors to be named after a meaningful word, I'm not sure why my parents named me Karna." he said talking as if his relationship with his parents was distant. That could be understood as time went by and not seeing them. The real reason he didn't know is because his parents died long ago. Most likely around the time of the civil war on his planet. Those memories don't bother Karna even though they're sad, time can make emotions fade.

When the girl asked if she could make the next coffee, Karna grinned. "I don't mind. If you have experience in making coffee and love it that much, you can work here. My staff members are friendly." he said offering a job to the her. From what she has said so far though, he assumed she was busy with something else. She talked about his eyes next and mentioned the Nona person again. The girl asked why his eyes glow and then wondered if anyone calls him a pretty boy. A little lost for a moment he didn't say anything. "I believe the glow is to give my species a unique appearance. And I can't say anyone calls me a pretty boy." he chuckled about her second question after answering her. "Should I be getting comments about being one?" he asked with amusement lingering in his voice.

Karna held his breath as he watched her drink. Did I do good enough? she smiled and told him it was delicious. He released the air relieved by her response. "I'm glad you like it." he said smiling due to his success. After asking for the girl's name she told him, Katrine Van-Derveld. Katrine also added that most people call her Kat. "You have a lovely name. I'll call you Kat then." He thought about her name for a moment, Karna heard of the last name before although he didn't know where from. It wasn't important if he remembered or not but he would still try. Besides that he was still curious who Nona was, deciding to go ahead and ask. "Hey. You've mentioned someone named Nona, that your mom?" he thought it was her mom because of Kat's talk about Nona. A mother or someone acting as one would teach their kid how to cook, right?

Katrine nodded in a way that showed she was familiar with warrior cultures naming their children after a meaningful word. Dathomiri did that too though sometimes their meanings were totally weird. Like Nona's name apparently meant Princess on a hill signifying her future ascension to the role of the clan mother of the Singing Mountain Clan while her younger brother's name meant star. Her own name had literally was Mother's messing around though she did once mention dismissing the possibility of giving her a proper name like Katherine or Katrina. No, Mother liked odd, that much was clear. She did also find it amusing that she could either be torture or pure, which time would only tell. Katrine was most certainly the latter as she was the first born second born child of her parents, as odd as it had sounded, having been born of both of her parents Lupines, whereas her older sister Chloe had been born while Mother was still in her original human body though the Lupine gene overcame the human gene with ease.

Though her face fell when Karna said he wasn't sure why his parents had named him so. "Why? Can't you ask them?" He looked like he was a little bit younger than her Father so his parents shouldn't have been too old. Of course, Katrine was judging this off of the Hawk line and not the Van-Derveld line as she often did, since Dathomiri lived a long time. She didn't know any Van-Dervelds other than Father and Uncle Cat though so it made sense she'd more often think of the maternal side of the family. Plus, that whole thing was heavily influenced by her Nona, who wasn't really her Nona but her Nona's Nona, and she was past two hundred years old in Dathomirian time, which moved just a tiny bit slower than galactic standard.

Karna didn't mind her making the next coffee, making the girl grin wide, mentioning previous experience in making coffee. She shook her head. "I have zero experience making coffee on a machine like that," the blond said, pointing to the machine he'd used. And did he just offer her job? Katrine watched at him a little bit wide eyed, actually quiet for a few seconds, watching him curiously. "Nobody's actually offered me a job before." No one ever had, it was the truth. Well, Father had recently appointed her his heir but that wasn't a job, that was a duty. And when she'd thought about one day doing something within the clan, the others quickly dismissed her since she tended to scare the lightsided Witches because of what she was. There was also the second thing, once she got over the shock. "I can't, I'm kinda on this big quest of discovery and even, self-discovery. The Confederacy of Independent Systems have discovered this old magicks and I gotta figure out where the Ceta falls into it and I'm a Ceta, a Hawk, so I can't be distracted. And besides, I'm here looking for my big sister, she went into this black hole and I can't find her." Her hand covered her mouth, having realized another rant occured to make up for the shock inducing silence earlier. Katrine didn't mean to say those things about Chloe, it was a secret, a big big secret. Father and Mother knew the truth about Chloe and Katrine but they were their parents, though Kat had tried to keep a low profile at first, trying not to distrupt the past and change the future. It was a massive fail, a lot of thing had changed already. However, not all things seemed bad. She was blonde now and she was convinced she was stil purple in the future even old, and never went back when she belonged meaning she had failed. Which wasn't an option. "That's a secret, I don't tell people about Chloe," Katrine quickly explained, leaving out any more details.

The glow in his eyes was meant to give his species a unique appearance and no, no one called him a pretty boy. Karna stuck that second bit. "What species?" Kat asked first though. "Nobody does? Weird people. You totally should be getting comments about being one," Kat decided with a nod of her head. "There's pretty. Like me, I'm pretty. And then pretty boy is a whole special category of handsome. Comes from great genes." Katrine had this theory about looks. She obviously knew she was pretty, Chloe was beautiful, Seren was a total pretty boy category but he got his looks from their Father by far. Then again, Uncle Cat didn't fit in the category but he shared a single parent with her Father so maybe Father's good genes came from the Nona she didn't know.

She had a lovely name, Kat heard before being told he'd call her Kat too. "You don't have to, it's just a suggestion." It wasn't mandatory. Nona called her hi'ja, even though she wasn't her daughter but then she called her Nona when she wasn't her Nona so it was just a thing they did. Just as she remembered that Karna asked about who's Nona, wondering if that was her Mother. Katrine shook her head quickly. "No, Mother is not Nona. That would be weird. Nona is a word in Paecean, for grandmother. Nona isn't my grandmother though. My real Nona was killed by some Nightsisters when Mother was a little girl. Nona is my Nona's Nona. Though she doesn't look it 'cos Dathomiri age way slower than your average humanoids." Dathomiri didn't use the word Mother though. They said Ma'dri or Ma'tra but Katrine's Mother wasn't raised on Dathomir, her memories of her parents were vague. She had a surogate Father who taught her Galactic Basic so it was always way more common for her to use those words. But Nona was always Nona, it was how Satara Hawk taught Katrine to call her from early on, just as she had taught her Paecean.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

After saying he didn't know why his parents named him Karna, he was asked if he could ask him. For a moment, he looked down at the floor and paused before answering. The subject of his parents wasn't something that bothered him too much, but out of respect he had to let silence go by. His father was the ultimate idol, perfect in every way including the ability to fight. In fact he may have been better than perfect, the best of the best. There was also his mother, she cared for him more than anything in the world. At the time Karna didn't know just how lucky he was to have a family like that. Almost every child on his planet would work on their fighting skills, often killing each other. Luckily Karna was much like his father, strong and very capable of defeating an opponent. Even though he and his father were undefeatable on their home planet, that didn't apply to everywhere. People existed with even more power, people who were even more capable. That's why they lost their lives. Karna looked up and started slow. "My parents are actually dead. Don't feel bad for asking, it's been a very long time since they passed. Approximately 480 years ago." he didn't show any hint of sadness. There was none. Death came and went often in his life so he never really thought of it as a serious occurrence after awhile, but then his parents died. Fast forward a few centuries, he marries a woman and guess what, she also dies. Their deaths didn't make him lose his emotions, he just moved past them.

About Kat's experience with making coffee, she admitted that she had none with his machine. He instantly regretted giving her permission to make coffee herself, and yet he didn't attempt to stop her. Kat reminded him of a child in the way that she is curious about everything. Karna would never do anything to make a woman sad or cry intentionally, especially a child. She said that no one ever offered her a job. This made him feel good inside that he was the first to do so. He expected Kat to say something about not being able to take up his offer, what she said didnt really make sense to him. Something about the CIS and Ceta and black hole, he didn't understand it. Then she explained that what was said before was a secret. Karna wasn't sure what to think about what she told him. That was probably good news for her. He played along acting like heard everything. "Don't worry, I will gain nothing if I share that information. I'll tell no one." he said with an honest smile.

Karna hesitated on telling Kat his species. She probably wont even know of us he thought before answering. "I'm am Zorren." the hesitation was because he didn't like enemies knowing his weaknesses. Anyone who did their homework on Zorren would know of them. He didn't particularly worry about telling this girl, other than her discovering his tail if not already. Many of his physical differences probably seemed strange to most people. Then there were those who didn't think that way, treating him the same as their kind. Kat seemed to be like that and he was thankful for her kindness. On the topic of people calling him a pretty boy, she called the people who didn't call him a pretty boy weird and said he should receive comments about it. She even went so far to say his handsomeness comes from his great genes. In response to her compliments, he stood there without moving, surprised. So kind... After a moment he cleared his throat and spoke. "Thank you. I agree, you are a very beautiful lady." he said smiling and returning the praise.

Kat said that he didn't have to call her Kat, as it was only a suggestion. He would think of other nicknames that made sense while she told him who Nona was. The guess he made earlier was wrong by a few generations, Nona was actually one of Kat's grandmothers. She mentioned her Nona is Dathomiri, that's when he remembered Kat also mentioned something about magic earlier. He assumed the black hole had something to do with magic and Dathomir too. Considering what might happen if she knew he was attempting to figure her out, Karna decided to be quiet about it. It's not my business anyways he thought as he sighed. "May I call you Katy?" he asked suddenly remembering a nickname for Kat.

Her face fell some when Karna answered her question about his parents. They were dead. She shouldn't have felt bad for asking apparently. That didn't help her face much though he did say they'd passed almost five centuries ago. Her face lit up just a tiny bit about it. "That long ago? You're older than my Nona then," Her Nona was a couple centuries into this galaxy, Katrine assumed though he was at least five though she didn't too much beyond that. She didn't know people older than Nona before so she didn't think about it too much other than in possibility, and that was only on the planet she was born on. She didn't have a too long expectancy due to her Lupine genes.

She happily drank her odd mixture, letting it light up her mood again before her little rant fest, keeping it in her hands as she watched him. Karna promised though he would gain nothing by sharing by sharing that information so he would tell no one. "Pila’maya, Kat muttered quietly as her head worked on balancing back, reminding herself she needs to bury the Chloe information deeper inside her head. She really should have been talking about it. Being a child born sixty year in the future was something he shouldn't have been telling people and Katrine knew that. She just had a hard time keeping her mouth shut sometimes, she still had to learn that.

Confusion painted over her face when Karna called himself a Zorren. "What's a Zorren?" Kat asked quickly then, curious about a species she had never heard about. Honestly, she hadn't even noticed the tail in the time it had taken her to ask that question. The feature wasn't something that drew her attention since she too had one in her natural form. Then again, she also didn't make a fuss about the pointed teeth or the canine-like teeth her head technically did register but didn't really address. Again, she had actual canine teeth in her true form and her ears pointed out, and she had her pretty white fur so Kat didn't really make a big deal about features like that. None of this really put special focus for Katrine. It probably wasn't good because all this could have helped her better understand what a Zorren was but that was the way Katrine was.

Karna thanked her and agreed on her being a very beautiful lady, making her nod. "I am," she added again. "Not as Chloe, but I am," she added. Kat was well aware of how she looked but she didn't think herself the most beautiful in the galaxy. "Or Mother." Chloe totally held the most beautiful in the galaxy title in her head but Kat was always fascinated with her Mom, with her gold eyes and her fire red hair, much like her Aunt Ti'Cira, kinda like she was obsessed with Nona's mixed eyes. Chloe was better in that regard, since one of her eyes was same as Katrine's and Father's, while her other one was gold like Mother's.

Blond head shook a little stronger when Karna asked if he could call her Katy. That one wasn't on the menu for an important reason. "No, Father is the only one who calls me Katy." It was unique nickname, one only Father used. Not even Mother used it. Well, the Mom that gave birth to her, that is. The younger version of her Mother called her Katrine or Kat. Her own Mother called her sometimes Kat, sometimes Little Wolf, sometimes baby girl, sometimes my little monster, or even, what Kat found completely uncharacteristic of her, Skuye which was a Dathomirian word for sweet. But Katy was a nickname only Father used.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

Yes, it had very much been a long time since their passing. In a way he was thankful to the gods of time though. For his people, they mourned over death just like everyone else did. With such a long lifespan being sad for so long would only bring even more pain, so he was thankful to time for letting him get past it. Focusing on the living was so much more fun anyways. The coffee shop he owned is a prime example. Losing the wife filled his mind with so much negative energy, this business he ran changed the way he viewed life. He could meet many customers who were so nice to serve like Kat. At the same time he gained a few close friends like Ray and his other co-workers. Kat said he was older than her Nona. Karna wondered about that for a bit before he spoke. "The people who I tell my age to usually say something along those lines. I know 937 may be a large number but that's fairly young for my people." he said being honest. "That's also why I don't want you feeling bad for asking about my parents. I had plenty of time to spend with them." he said sincerely.

Karna watched Kat as she enjoyed her unique drink. He still didn't know about the juice part, maybe he'd try it one day. Kat said something very quietly after his promise to not share the secret. If it wasn't for Zorren senses he wouldn't be able to even hear the foreign word, but it didn't mean anything to him. The word wasn't something in his vocabulary at least. He thought about what it could mean, trying to put clues together. Attempts at trying to figure it out were not successful so he gave up. Whatever she said, Karna hoped it wasn't because he did anything to make her mad.

She asked what a Zorren was and Karna grinned. Talking about his people was something he took pleasure in. "In short, Zorren look almost just like average humans but have some differences. My abnormal teeth, claws, ears, and glowing eyes are the main characteristics of a Zorren... I also have a tail." he said the last part in a reluctant tone. Clearing his throat and continuing, "Zorren also tend to be stronger, possess strong senses, and talk differently compared to a human." he stood there wondering if he forgot anything. Karna calmed down after he was done, he just really loved talking about his kind. "We also live for a long time but you already know that." he felt the description of a Zorren wouldn't be complete unless he said this. To him, he felt very special to be born a Zorren. Even more special that he has a coffee shop in the same life.

It made him laugh when Kat nodded and called herself pretty. Karna wasn't trying to be rude or imply that he thought she wasn't pretty, but when she complimented herself he couldn't hold in the laugh. He actually thought it was good that Kat knew she had beauty. She mentioned Chloe, he forgot who she is, as well as her mother. Karna recalled he wasn't supposed to know about her sister so he didn't say anything.

The nickname he asked to use didn't rest well with Kat. Her reason being that she only permitted her father to use it, he nodded. Karna leaned against the counter behind him, arms cross while in thought. She's a peculiar one... he wondered what nickname would be good for her. Humor got the best of him in the middle of thinking, that's when he wanted to joke about a name. "Alright, you will be called Gummie Bear." he chuckled afterward and hoped she wouldn't take offense to the joke.

Jaw dropped when Karna said he was 937. It was a bit number. She knew exactly one person who was over a thousand but then, she was regarded sorta like a myth on Dathomir. Katrine hadn't met anyone older than Nona in person though it was pretty shocking. Her mouth closed after a second, realizing the number wasn't the shock, it was the exterior that didn't match. He looked way too young for that number. Even Witches edged in time so she couldn't help wonder what his deal was, and he did say it was young for his people. "What do you mean young for your people? How long do they live? You look way way too young to be 937. Dathomiri live long in comparison to other humanoids but they still age, you know." It was fascinating, Katrine decided as she drank some more of her coffee.

He explained eventually, Katrine falling silent to listen and keep drinking. Karna claimed he had abnormal teeth, making her move a little closer to the counter and look, not sure what he was talking about. Then he said claws and she, of course, looked to his hands and noticed those again. Still, none of that struck her as odd other than one tiny little factor. Ears got mentioned as well, sure, she noticed those. They'd already discussed the eyes though. Then finally, Karna said he had a tail. Katrine put the cup down and leaned slightly to the side. There was a tail behind him alright. Okay, so she didn't notice that beside him. Katrine shrugged after a second, returning to where she stood and picked up her cup again to continue drinking while Karna mentioned strength, strong senses and talking different, making her narrow her eyes slightly. That last bit kinda confused her, actually.

Last thing he mentioned was the age but she did already know that so Katrine wouldn't be focusing on it anymore. "I hate it break it to you both teeth, claws, ears and a tail aren't that impressive. I got all that. Also strength, also great senses. But I'm confused about this talking differently thing. What's that about? Like, is it a Zorren language or something?" Katrine kept talking, not actually explaining. He couldn't see her canine teeth, ears, tail nor could he fully display her full strength or stronger senses while she was in human form but all these things were part of who she was so she didn't really think about it right now.

Karna laughed when she called herself pretty, making her smirk. What? Kat loved facts and it was a fact about her. She was beautiful in her natural form but she was pretty as a human. Her white fur was awesome to her, really. Mother had a more yellowish fur for some reason, not quite showing her fire red features but it look pretty decent for her somehow. But Katrine loved her white fur, especially since she had spent a lifetime with purple hair, making the white fur stand out even more though she didn't understand why that was. Now, she knew it was a display of her true colors when the purple had been nothing more than a curse upon her. It made it all the better now that she knew it was the sign of the truth.

Then he leaned back, her eyes watching him, one eye slightly narrowing but not the other as she studied him. Karna seemed to be focusing on her, like he was trying to figure something out. "What? Do I have something in my hair?" She asked, one hand running through her golden locks, a little confused. She didn't exactly imagine he was about to do what he did the next moment, declaring she would be called Gummie Bear. Katrine blinked slowly, then one more time watching him, realizing what he did. Slowly then, a smile began to spread across her face. "Gummie Bear?" It sounded unique. Obviously, it was sweets but still, it was unique. "Really? Why Gummie Bear?" She still wanted to know why he chose it.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

Kat's jaw dropped after he told her his age. That's when he remembered his age wasn't something he should casually tell people. The many centuries he had lived for was amazing even to him when he actually thought about it, but he could believe such a claim. It's his life so he experienced them firsthand. For Kat it's different, he forgot that. Karna appeared to be around 30 years old physically so the shock coming from Kat should have been expected by him. Kat defiantly didn't believe him and he wasn't sure if an explanation would do without evidence. However he would attempt to make her understand. He laughed nervously when she asked questions again. "You probably won't believe me but a Zorren can live up to 5000 years of age. Only after we go through a trial, will we age at a fraction of the normal rate of humans. I went through my trial at a young age so I don't look so old yet." he said explaining himself. Everything he said was true but he would understand if she still didn't believe him. Living for more than a century is already surprising, let alone 49 more. He wanted to add something. "Most of our people die in battle. So age is irrelevant to the average Zorren. I may be the exception, I fought my battles on the front alongside Jedi. My training allowed my survival." he lowered his glowing eyes to meet Kat's. "I chose a different path later on. Being an owner of a restaurant." he said smiling. Karna felt like he needed to make it clear he was not a Jedi anymore, considering her allegiance was unknown.

He watched as Kat inspected him. Karna froze for a moment when she moved to see his tail. Unfreezing as she went back to drinking her coffee. A sigh of relief came out. I've been spared. Kat told him all of the Zorren features weren't that impressive. Also saying that she had them as well. At first he laughed again because Kat's attitude was hilarious. Curious and blunt about what she's talking about. He stopped because Kat may have already noticed and wonder why he was laughing. While she was confused about what he said, the same confusion was on his end. Karna answered her before asking his question. "Zorren do have their own language, Veradun. What I'm talking about specifically is accent, I suppose." Zorren are known for their words coming out as a growl, a change in vocal cords during the trial causes this. Most people usually didn't notice because accents varied among humanoids and other sentients. Karna wanted to get an explanation from her too, asking right away. "You look human to me. Am I missing something?" he asked, confusion on his face.

Karna held in laughter when she asked if anything was in her hair. Feeling bold he of course wanted to act like there was something there. He didn't due to being in thought. After he proposed a new nickname for Kat, how she reacted wasn't the way he envisioned. She smiled big and it looked like she actually liked it. He couldn't believe Kat would let him call her that. When she asked why he chose that nickname, there was a specific reason but he couldn't tell her its was joke. Especially because she might be mad if he confessed. Karna thought of an explanation that kinda had truth to it. "Well. Gummy Bears are small and cute, even a bad person feels bad eating the perfect little bears. And uh... they remind me of you." he said a little embarrassed afterward. Even at 937 years old he gets embarrassed over small things like this. I can't believe I just told her that. Her parents would murder me if they heard me say that in front of them. it was too late to go back now. He had to use the nickname no matter what since he was the one who gave it to her. Suddenly, terror came over his face. Karna turned around, one hand on his hip and the other over his mouth. What if she has a boyfriend? "Hey Gummie Bear." Oh my god he'd kill me in an instant. he would turn around quickly and smile like everything is normal, if she said anything. He took in a deep breath and released it to calm down. "Is Gummie Bear really okay with you? I know it's a little unorthodox but it's the first thing I thought of." he wanted to make sure it was okay.

It wasn't really about not believing in Kat's case, it was just sheer confusion about appearance. Karna told her species lived up to 5000 year, aging a fraction of the normal rate of humans after going through a trial. He'd gone through a trial at a young age. "I'm not saying I don't believe you, just pretty wow," the blond admitted. The galaxy was full of surprises, Katrine had learned since she'd been taken out to see it and even recently, she'd learned there were creatures who looked half Lupine but were bigger and more humanoid looking which she didn't think could exist either so it really wasn't a case of not believing at all. Karna went on to point out that Zorren died in battle but he fought his alongside Jedi and his training helped his survival. Her lips formed a silent 'o' when she heard that, recalling suddenly the nudge she'd been given when he appeared but dismissed because she'd been busy with the coffee machine to the side. "So, that's what it wanted, Katrine quietly told herself before looking back at him. "Why Jedi? Mother was a Jedi and even she says they're boring." She wondered. Sure, she'd met a Jedi who was super nice but still, Mother liked to remind her often when she was little about it. Then again, Mother had never joined the Jedi to be uber good, she joined because she was looking for aunt Ti'Cira so he hadn't really committed. She'd practically jumped at Father's invite to become a Sith even though she wasn't really one of them either.

"Weird. You know, I'm on my way to a Jedi party," Katrine continued, even though Karna had made mention of choosing a different path later and owning a restaurant. This wasn't a restaurant though so it seemed like he was talking about something else. "A Silver Jedi party, that is. But I'm not really sure what the difference is. You want to come to a Jedi party with me?" Kat didn't really think too hard on what she was saying and everything she was saying was true. She didn't know the difference between someone calling themselves a Jedi or a Silver Jedi, maybe she should have thought to ask that when she was here. And hey, nobody said she couldn't bring a guest if she wanted to. Having a friend with her when surrounded with people always described to her as boring seemed like a good thing.

Zorren did have their own language but they also seemed to have an accent. Katrine hadn't really noticed. In her case though, it was a number of reasons. For one, she'd been surrounded by thick accents in speaking Galactic Basic and besides, the Lupine primary form of communication were growls, barks and howls rather than a language per say so listening to humanoid speech with any of those didn't seem too odd for her. "Hmm, okay," Katrine had only given in comment, still missing it. "I don't hear anything odd in the way you speak." She really didn't.

He did however distract her with the comment of her looking human, thinking he was missing something. Katrine then realized what he was talking about, looking down at herself as she remembered. "Oh, I forgot fur," the girl said with a grin on her face as she looked back at him. "I'm a Lupine. I've got all that but I can change into a humanoid. There's no form in-between though so I can't suddenly show my fangs or claws without going into Lupine form." Half of that shouldn't have made too much senses to someone who didn't have the faintest idea of what a Lupine was but Kat knew exactly what she was so she kinda spoke about it like they would, which wasn't really in purpose. "Lupines are like wolves but we don't really look like Sungwa, Karrina or Jerethian clamberwolf." Katrine was familiar with some of the wolves around the galaxy but she didn't think Lupines looked anything like them or vice versa. Something like them, she supposed.

The explanation came soon. Karna thought them to be small and cute and claimed a bad person felt bad for eating the perfect little bears and they reminded them of her. "I never feel bad about eating them," she pointed out in all seriousness. He also kept wondering it was okay with her because apparently it was a little unorthodox but it was the first thing he had taught about. "First things we think about are usually the best things and sometimes things that get us in trouble but still the best things," Katrine said, again completely seriously, referring to the many adventures she had created for herself as a child but which often got her in trouble, more with Nona than Mother but sometimes with Mother too. What she did to Bunny got her in trouble with Mother too though Kat never regretted any of them. "Yes, I'm fine with it. I like unique." She'd always thought herself as unique, starting with the fact that she'd thought her the only purple haired Hawk before fully understanding the reason behind it but she still liked the idea of being unique. Kinda the way Nona and Chloe had mismatched eyes which she would have liked having even though she didn't want to give up having both eyes sapphire blue toned.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

She told him that her reaction was just a wow instead of not believing him. If Karna was the stranger finding out a Zorren's age, he wouldn't believe it like most people. He really considered himself lucky to have not died before such a big age. The Jedi took care of him and he served them well in return. That was one of the reasons he continued training as a Jedi for so long, it was his duty first but personally he felt at home in the order. So many things happened during his stay with them though. Some deaths he felt responsible for which made him tougher as time passed but dismissing those losses may have also been why he walked down a different path. Waking up and going to work to not see your coworker would be the same situation. In the end, Jedi were there for him and that's why he chose to become and stay a Jedi. Of course until he left. Kat said something quietly again, he didn't question her. He received a question after that. She asked him why he became a Jedi and mentioned her mother was one, though she thought it to be boring. He could relate on that matter in some ways. Doing the same thing over and over again would be boring. "My people are born with an instinct to protect others. Throwing ourselves in harm's way is another way to put it. So when Jedi visited us, the leaders made it a thing that we work with them. Well, that stopped after awhile." he said pausing. "Anyways, I started out like my ancestors and went my own way eventually." he added the shorter version. Karna wanted to ask about her mother but he was hesitant. Save it for another time.

Kat was on her way to a party, a Jedi party. Well that's ironic. he didn't expect that to happen. Then, she asked if he wanted to accompany her to a party. He widened his eyes, pointing to himself. "Me?" he asked to make sure even though it was clear she was talking to him. Returning back to normal he wondered why she asked him. "We've only known eachother recently. I'm sure you have someone more suitable to party with than an old man. Although I apparently look good for an old man." he said jesting on the last part. While he did get called a pretty boy, he doubted she meant it. Karna wasn't declining the invitation, he expected her to have a friend or someone to take. Maybe he was wrong and would accept it as long as she didn't mind. "I'll go if you truly want me to." he had an outfit in mind but there's no fun in that. "One condition however. You will be in charge of choosing my attire for the party. I don't have anything even close to formal wear in my closet other than Jedi robes of course." he said with a grin.

The way he talked wasn't really worth mentioning to Kat since she didn't notice the difference. Most people didn't notice, only those who were really attentive to speech. So many accents existing also contributed to it. After his comment on her appearance, she explained to Karna that the differences appear on her body after a transformation into a separate physical form. He understood now, but she could change into a wolf? That genuinely surprised him since he never knew something like transforming was possible. "That's incredible. You'll have to show me one day." he insisted. A strange thought ran across his mind. "I have a question, one I've always wanted an answer to. In which form does reproduction take place? Sorry if it's a sensitive topic I figured you knew the answer." he probably should've waited to ask that question until another time like many others, but
Karna didn't want to waste the opportunity to find out.

Karna laughed once again at something Kat said. The explanation he gave for nicknaming her Gummie Bear was that even bad people feel bad eating Gummy Bears because of their cuteness. Kat, in a serious way, said she didn't feel bad eating them. He thought her being serious about it was very funny. Karna recollected himself and kept listening. She liked the name he came up with because it was unique, also saying the best things created are the first things and often get people in trouble. "Yes, I'll be in trouble for sure." he mumbled when thinking about using it at an important event. "That's good to hear. I'll call you Gummie Bear for now on then."

Born with the instinct to protect others. Sounded like Nona. Threw themselves into harm's way. Sounded like Nona again. He went his own eventually. "That sounds more like my crowd," Katrine declared, leaving out the Nona bits out. It sounded like Mother really which is how she liked the story to go based on what she'd heard. Father went his own way though he started a Jedi. Katrine had always been on the fence really. Nona thought her neutral and light magic, always accepting even when other witches of the clan looked at her funny because of what she was or how she thought but Nona never judged her. "Key to a balanced adventure is finding a person that doesn't judge your crazy." Sounded like a random sentence but it went well with her train of thoughts. Everything was an adventure really. Friendship, love, fun.

Karna seemed super surprised when she invited him to come to the party with him though Kat didn't really see why he would be so surprised. Then again, Karna didn't know Kat yet to understand how she was. She was the girl who blew up her bunny just because she had some explosives and something living and had so much fun dancing in the red rain. She was the girl who went through a black hole to save her big sister. She was the girl who bought a tiny dress for a man she didn't know because she could see how much he wanted to get it and how disappointed he looked at himself because he could. Then she agreed to come onto to ship when he offered her a place even though she didn't know him. She was also the girl who joined a guy to escape a planet even though she wasn't in any danger. And the girl who started drinking at seventeen and danced with a guy even when he said weird things like R&R. Kat still didn't know what R&R really was but she did get kissed so it was all cool. Karna just didn't know who Katrine was yet so it made sense he was so surprised.

Which is exactly what he told her then, about not knowing each other or so long. He was sure she had someone suitable to join her other than an old man. "I have a great great Uncle whom I haven't seen in a while, a sister I can't find, a Mother who took off and disappeared, a Father who's a little weird these days but he's not around. I have a friend, I think he's a Jedi, but I kinda wandered off when the ship docked for a while which was like three years ago. Uhh... I can't go see Nona 'cos she's on Dathomir and she doesn't even know about me yet so it would be a little weird if I dropped by. Oh, and my little is where I was so he can't come unless he does the stupid thing me and Chloe did." Her mouth kept moving, producing words matching her thoughts, going through all these possible candidates Karna seemed to think were better suited to come with her. When she finished, she shrugged. "Nope, you're the one I should take with me. You're my friend now, aren't you?"

Her head nodded at least three times when Karna said he'd go if she truly wanted him. She did, she did. Katrine had pretty much made up her mind by now so it was pretty much a must.

There was a condition though. Kat was holding her cup with both her hands again and about to take another sip when she stopped and looked at him, waiting to find out what this condition was. He was putting her in charge of choosing the outfit for his clothes. She grinned wide. "Really?" Karna still went on to tell her he didn't have any formal wear other than Jedi robes. "Not allowed to wear boring gray and brown. Formal wear is necessary." It was in her head, it didn't actually say anywhere it was but Kat had already decided, just like she had already picked her silver dress.

"I can show you. Now or after shopping?" She asked without thinking about it too much. If he was her friend, she didn't see why she wouldn't show him. It was who she was, after all. The wolf inside her was pretty strong in her own right even if she was one and the same, whether she had skin or fur on the outside. Her eyelids began to blink rapidly when Karna asked about reproduction, whether it occurred in human or lupine form. Moment of truth, Katrine had never asked. She just assumed... "Uh... I don't know. Both I think. I mean, it depends. Lupines don't have a limit to which species they can procreate with so like human form would be better suited for anything not wolf-like, I guess. But like, the trick is that the Lupine gene dominates no matter what. My sister is all Lupine but Mother was human when she had her. I've never actually asked whether they were Lupine or human when it came to creating me or Seren since they were both Lupine then. It's not really something I wanna know about my Mother and Father, you know." She knew enough to know procreation worked in human form but it should have worked in Lupine form. "The only Lupines I know are Van-Dervelds so it's not like I'd see interest in procreating in Lupine form. Van-Dervelds are not into inbreeding. It's one of the two things that destroyed the other Houses anyway so it would be super stupid, you know. We're not that psychotic yet." They were definitely psychotic - lunatic - crazy. The other reason why the other houses had eventually died out. One out of two was a good thing, right?

He laughed so she laughed. Sometimes laughter was contangious like that. It died out slowly, a small chuckle coming out again when Karna said he'd be in trouble for sure. "You should get used to trouble, my new friend," she warned, even if it sounded like she was messing around. Katrine as trouble, the witches always tried to warn Nona. They weren't wrong about it.

It was settled then, her new nickname. Kat's grin soffened into a smirk before she finished the other half of her coffee then put the cup back down on the counter, picking up a napkin to run it over her upper lip since she could feel the bit of foam left there. "Okay, let's go shopping!" Her coffee was done, he'd insisted she pick his outfit out for him and by then, she'd forgotten about wanting to make coffee. There was time for that after all.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

The things he described must have been familiar to Kat, she said they sounded like her crowd. Karna agreed with what she said next, showing that with a nod. A joke would've been nice to fit in here, like "What kind of crazy are you talking about?" She seemed serious about it so he didn't say any jokes. One thing he didn't agree with is what her mother said about Jedi. Being a Jedi wasn't boring to him, he wondered why she felt that way. He didn't plan on asking but was still interested in why she had that feeling. "I think being a Jedi wasn't boring personally. It's not like I always liked being one but it didn't seem boring to me." he said stopping for a moment to think. I guess my situation was different. "I suppose being a sith would've been more fun." he said admitting Jedi weren't the most fun people.

For once Karna could keep up with Kat's words. They made him wish life had a redo button because he felt bad for saying what he did. From what he heard she really had it rough. He looked to the floor ashamed of himself. As he was trying to figure out what to do, she asked if he was her friend. "Of course, now and forever." he said smiling. Karna had many things terrible happen to him in his life but she had worse things happen. Losing contact with any family member was awful in itself, she lost all contact... "I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Don't count on me to go through a black hole but I'll help you with anything else you may need." he said apologizing even if she didn't think it was necessary. In the moment he just kinda said that, forgetting he was supposed to not speak about it.

"Yeah. Make sure it's a great one." he watched how she looked excited. Karna laughed when she told him that boring grey and brown robes were not allowed. "Yeah yeah. No robes." he said still laughing a little. He was looking forward to what she would pick for him to wear to the completely foreign land. That was no exaggeration. It had been a very long time since he last associated with Jedi. Kat offered to show Karna her wolf form either now or after shopping for an outfit. After some thought he wanted to be shown later. "I can wait until we are done shopping." he was interested in seeing her as a wolf, but he also was a patient man. Kat answered his question on reproduction as well. He nodded and was glad she could answer. "Thank you. I've always wondered." he said quickly trying not to make it a weird.

Kat called Karna her new friend and warned him to get used to trouble. He took it as a joke at first but then he thought about it some more. This girl spoke of many things in her life that was troublesome. Whatever he got himself into, he'd enjoy the ride. "My life has always been troublesome. I'm well prepared, Gummie Bear." he talked in a playful tone. There was truth to what he said, but he knew being prepared wouldn't help him here. Kat announced it was time to go shopping. Karna wrote down on paper a note for Ray, explaining he needs him to manage the coffee shop for a bit.

He didn't think being a Jedi was boring even if he didn't always like being one. Though he did seem to get why it would be more fun to be a Sith. "Oh totally. Nobody in the Sith looks at you funny when you want to have a little fun. Or when you're talking about some crazy mayhem your surrogate father did." It was an example Curupira had told her a few times. People in the Jedi seemed to look at her funny when she'd tell them about something Seth did, like the way he'd put plastic on the floor before repeatedly smashing someone with an axe. It was a perfect example for her Mother to explain how they had no sense of humor. Of course, even when she told Kat about it, she could barely keep her laugh down but at least Kat found it funny too so she was a far better audience than the Jedi were. Which reminded her. "How's your sense of humor?" It was an honest question though Katrine didn't use example to test it out right now.

Now and forever, he'd said in response to her question, her head tilting and a soft smile firmly resting against her fair features. "Forever. You're committing to quite a lot there." He did say they lived to about 5000 years, meaning he had four whole more to go.

Karna apologized all of a sudden, surprising her a bit. She hadn't expected it and the the purpose of her listing people out loud had nothing to do with making him sad. Though Karna didn't plan on going through a black hole but he'd help her with anything she'd need. "I didn't mean to make you said. I'm alright. I'm not sad." Katrine had just been listening the people she could but then something clicked in her head, a wide smile spreading. "Hey, I'm not sad!" She declared very happily. Karna wouldn't understand but Kat had been off her meds for three years now. Their purpose was numerous but the most important one had been to control her mood swings which tended to switch quickly. It occurred to her now that she couldn't remember the last time she'd actually falling to suck a slump that she needed her medication at all. Not since Avarisa's planet, she realized. Mommy would be proud," a small echo from the past passed through her head, recalling her own Mother, not the young Mother she'd spent time since her arrival into the past.

She had to make sure it was a great suit. Kat grinned. "You can count on it." The blond thought herself to be capable of choosing something great for him, especially since she knew what not to get. And he could wait for shopping to finish before she showed him her Lupine form. "Okay," Kat answered briefly. Then after she'd let all those thoughts about procreation roll off her tongue, she got a thank you and a small explanation about how he'd always wondered. "Why have you always wondered?" She couldn't help but asking since it didn't make too much sense that he had been wondering about it in the first place. Like Katrine didn't know there were species that changed in something in between a wolf and a human until she had seen one at the Mandragora ceremony. Father had dimissed the creature all together but it had her wondering about what the deal was like what was the creature, did they have a humanoid form or if it was the only shape they could take. It caused a lot of questions for her but she didn't have any of them until she'd actually seen the beast.

His life had always been troublesome appearantly so he would be prepared. Kat nodded. "Is it something you can prepare for?" She teased before she'd declared shopping time, a tiny bit surprised when he'd actually gone and wrote a note. "I figured I'd need to convince you some more," Kat said with a giggle that quickly died out into a grin. She was glad she didn't have though though she was quite versed in the art of convincing if necessary. Katrine didn't exactly have a sense of work hours or duty. Nona sometimes said she was busy and couldn't entertain her when she was little but that was Nona. Mother and Father seemed always ready for an adventure.

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

Karna wondered what her father did specifically to cause them to be serious about it. Even if Kat was a little strange he didn't think for a second that her family killed people. If they did, that wouldn't really change the way he thought of her. Killing was looked down upon by him, but that doesn't mean he'd hate anyone for committing murder. As long as the victim wasn't someone close to him. He didn't ask about it, maybe he would later. Before she didn't like him knowing about her family so he had to be careful. Another question came, one about his sense of humor. Karna always laughed at jokes people would tell him, he assumed that meant he had a good one. "I'm not sure but I do love jokes . You might hear me slipping jokes into our conversations. Feel free to tell me any joke." he said ready to listen.

He knew saying he'd be her friend forever would most likely cost him at some point. Kat even saying it was a large commitment. That was okay though. Karna didn't have many friends in the first place, and certainly no relationships that he expected to last. This time he wanted to be committed. If trouble came with the package, so be it. She gave him a smile, he smiled too. "You're right. Failure is not the Zorren way however, friends forever."

"Not... sad?" he said confused. How was she not sad? So many family members and she couldn't speak to them. I don't get it. he really didn't know what to think. Karna felt a little better after Kat said she wasn't sad, but still. Without saying anything he nodded and lost the frown. He knew what loss felt like, thinking about his parents didn't form tears but that was because time passed since then, a lot of time. That's why he didn't understand, her separation was more recent. Karna wanted to help Kat but he didn't see it happening. Maybe he could help in other ways than the black hole thing.

Kat asked why he wondered about which form reproduction took place in her species. He grinned as if he was gonna say something inappropriate. No I better not Karna liked learning about other species, which is why he shared information on Zorren. As a Jedi Master he studied many different things and researched a lot. Lupine never found its way into his knowledge, or any species who had two physical forms. And then one comes straight to him in person. He took advantage of the situation to gain more knowledge. Why that question specifically? "I've gained a lot of knowledge in my life. I was afraid that question wouldn't have be answered in the future. When you talked about your wolf form it reminded me of that question."

She asked if the trouble was something he could prepare for. Karna laughed and shook his head. "The only way I can prepare for that is to dig my grave." he said jokingly. After he wrote Ray a note implying he was ready to go, Kat said she thought he'd need more convincing to come along. He laughed with her and talked when it ended. "Old people actually love shopping." he said joking again.

He loved jokes and she might hear him slipping jokes into their conversation. Her brows lowered as she watched him, as if he didn't actually understand what he was talking about. Karna even told her she could tell him any joke. "I didn't mean jokes," she told him in all seriousness, her head slowly nodding as she spoke. Obviously, he hadn't understood her. "I mean, we do a lot of crazy stuff and it's funny. But people without a good and open sense of humor tend to get upset. I don't know why though." Katrine thought it silly how narrow minded some people were.

There was an agreement in his words, as well as a note about failure not being the Zorrean way before he affirmed that they were in fact friends forever. Katrine leaned forward, stretching out her right hand, then putting out her pinky before the rest of her fingers came into a lose fist. "Promise?" Kat believed in pinky promises. They were as sacred as a blood promise but hurt a lot less.

Karna seemed confused which in turn made her somewhat confused as well. He didn't seem to get why she was sad. "It's kinda long story actually but let me try to make it short. I used to change moods a little too fast when I was younger but I seem to be doing fine these days." That sounded simple enough and not at all revealing. Katrine actually found herself not wanting talk about her old conditions and the medication she was once forced to take, though she didn't fully understand it had protected her from the imaginary friend that was actually dangerous to her. Seemed so long ago now when she thought about it.

The grin seemed like a prelude to a response to her question but instead, he talked about having gained a lot of knoledge in his life and he was afraid he wouldn't get an answer in the future. "Silly," Kad said flat out. "You can always ask your friends anything." He clearly wasn't thinking properly because if he was her friend, he could ask her at any time. Asking her now was fine, even if it wasn't something she'd expected him to ask but still, there was nothing wrong with him asking.

She laughed only when she'd heard his answer about the only way he could prepare was to dig his grave. "You bury your dead?" Kat wondered with a half funny and half confused expression. "Isn't that a little... what's the word... weird?" She couldn't think of the exact word and while did know in theory that some cultures put their dead under dirt and put this tombstones like it was an altar of some sort, Katrine couldn't really understand. It probably had to do with the fact that the Singing Mountain Clan burned their dead in a particular ceremony, it purpose to completely break the chains of the physical being from the essense within, allow it to be free. Witches didn't chant to dead bodies, they chanted to spirits that had been free and were believed to still be among them in some capacity.

At last she'd laughed, like crazy laughed as Karna said old people actually loved shopping. If that was a joke, it was extra funny. If it wasn't, it was stilly funny. "Lies," she managed through her laugher. Old people didn't like shopping. Her laughter died soon enough, a small gigle errupting from her throat as she thought on it. "People who have a lot of years behind them and aren't old yet like shopping. Old people really done."

[member="Karna Ramesha"]

Not jokes? He couldn't think of any reason why he'd get upset over something meant to make someone laugh. Karna in the present was very laid back compared to when he did work in the past, so he was sure it'd take a lot to get him upset. Especially when it's supposed to be funny. "What type of stuff does your family do that it bothers people?" he asked with a curious look. If people were not happy with it, he considered the possibility the issue might not be the person's humor.

Karna watched Kat hold out her hand in a fist with one finger out, a pinky. And then she asked if it was a promise that they be friends forever. He gave a warm smile and held out one of his own hands, pinky wrapping around hers. "I promise."

Everything was still foggy in his mind, he didn't want to ask about it anymore though. Knowing less would probably be for the best. It wasn't like he had no interest, just felt right not to keep asking.

Kat called him silly. He sat there for a moment thinking, trying to figure out why he was silly. She said next that he could ask his friends anything, then it connected. "Anything?" he asked as a smirk started forming. The sound of his voice was a far from serious. "I'll be sure to do that." he appreciated her saying that but a question like the one he asked was better to get out of the way. Questions like that one shouldn't come up often, even in his mind that wants more knowledge.

After saying a joke involving digging his own grave, Kat asked if his people buried their dead. Also asked if he thought it was weird. He didn't know how to reply to her question. It is understandable that people from different places have different beliefs. All he could do is attempt to explain it. "We do bury those who die. It's customary to handle the dead body that way where I come from. I'm sure it may seem weird to anyone who doesn't do it that way." he figured her people did it a different way based on the reaction she had when he mentioned digging a grave. "Do you have a different way of doing it?" intrigued, he really wanted to know.

A great amount of laughter came out of Kat after he joked, he chuckled while watching her laugh so much. This might be a rare event to witness so he burned it into his memory. She said he wasn't old and that made him feel good. Being called old didn't feel nice, as old people would say. "Thank you for not calling me old." he said graciously thanking Kat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom