Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Codru Secundus

Status
Not open for further replies.
642341.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Codru Secundus A binary planet co-orbiting with its larger sibling New Codru
  • Demonym: New Codrans
  • Region: Tingel Arm
  • System Name: Codru system
  • System Features:
    • Yellow dwarf star
    • 4 rocky planets all too close to the star to be inhabited, the first planet spends time within the stars outermost layer leaving parts of the surface molted.
    • asteroid field where 5th and 6th rocky planets used to orbit, created by collision in early system formation
    • Binary planetary pair
      • 1 large gas giant (New Codru)
      • 1 rocky habitable rocky planet (Codru Secundus)
    • 3 smaller outer gas planets
    • Codru Secundus specifics - diameter 3940km; rotational period 19.3 hours; orbital period 462 standard days
20210519-162211.jpg
  • Major Imports:
  • Major Exports:
    • High tech equipment
      • Portable computing devices
      • Robotic components
      • Starship sensor components
      • Hyperdrive components
      • Advanced medical diagnostic equipment
    • weapons
      • Primarily starship weapons, a lot are built under contract with other manufacturers.
      • Small expanding range of infantry weapons.
    • Star ships
    • Tibanna Gas (mined at New Codru)
  • Unexploited Resources:
    • The asteroid field is largely unmined but small outposts do operate there
      • Iron ore
      • Gold
      • Tungsten
      • Cobalt
      • Uranium
      • Neodynium
    • little mining on Codru Secundus due to permanently frozen ground
    • The Innermost planet planet is suspected to contain rare elements at its core but this hypothesis requires further study. Due to the semi molten surface and proximity to the sun. It may never be viable to mine these, at least in the short term. Long range studies of the planet magnetic field point toward large deposits of dense metals such as
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: 0.85G
  • Climate: Semi-tundra, the planet is towards the further side of the goldilocks zone and much of the planet remains frozen all year, but a band around the equator does warm up during the summer to be considered temperate
  • Primary Terrain: Mountainous above and below the 60th parallels and mostly permanently frozen. The 'tropical' region around the equator still has a lot of mountains but areas have been eroded flat over millennia due to changes in the seasons, a lot of the land is marshy during the summer months due to ice run off into the previously frozen ground.
  • Atmosphere: Type I, highly oxygen rich, relatively high in methane due to swamps. Density approximately 1.13kg/m³ at Standard Temperature and Pressure
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: Rennaro - initially named Colony One, its name was changed to honour its founder upon his death. This city is in the northern hemisphere about 7° above the equator and is surrounded to the east by large swamplands.
  • Planetary Features:
    • The foundry of Archangel Manufactorum, the city sized production facilities on land connected to the only slightly smaller shipyards in low orbit (pictured in main image)
    • city towers - Most of the large cities have towers that reach to or near low orbit. some have star port facilities on them and are often preferred living facilities to avoid the winter snow storms
  • Major Locations:
    • Government Plaza - the main centre of government for Codru Secundus is in Renarro, its main feature is a large domed building modelled after the galactic senate of the old Republic. However once you enter, the dome is mostly an open space with a warm, sunny artificial climate, the well maintained grounds are publicly accessible and a very popular place to visit. At the centre of a smaller building where government is held. This is a newly built, ultra modern facility and includes the main council chamber where planetary decisions are made.
    • Archangel Manufactorum - this is an important side of commerce and the reason a lot of people the world. It is in the northern hemisphere approximately 6° above the equator and around 90km East of the capital Renarro. There is a high speed rail link across the swamps between the capital and Archangel . The amount of workers and goods that travel back and forth make it almost feel like they are the same location. The public and non-factory areas of the manufactorum, including a large shopping facility in the sub orbital section are clean, spacious with inviting light coloured corridors. The manufacturing sections are busy, loud and quite typical of heavy industry, however the New Codran government is strick on safety standards so it is usually well lit with pedestrian areas well protected from machine areas.
    • Crash site of Transport vessel 4 - the fourth exile vessel, prone to bad luck from the start of the journey eventually crashed in the northern mountains with the loss of nearly 200'000 lives, the corpses permanently preserved in the cold. This is now considered a memorial and is curated by a temple accessible only by air.
  • Force Nexus (Optional): none
POPULATION
  • Native Species:
    • No native sentient species
    • Race of semi-sentient creatures inhabit the polar regions biologically very similar to Wampa
    • Mixture of native swamp dwelling flora and fauna including a smaller hairless version of the Wampa like ice predator
    • There are a species colossal Gas breathing Neebray, similar in shape to giant manya rays in the atmosphere of New Codru.
  • Immigrated Species: Codru-ji
  • Population: Crowded - due to a recent influx of refugees fleeing the destruction of Munto Codru at the hands of the Bryn'a'dul. population swollen from previous 1.1 billion to 1.9 billion. The planet itself has plenty of room for expansion, but not enough comfortable habitable space is currently built leading to crowding inside the cities and some problems with refugee slums. This is being addressed by the registration of every refugee family and a lottery to be granted a home as new habitats are built quickly across the planet.
  • Demographics: around 90% Codru-ji, other species mostly human but fairly transient
  • Primary Languages: Codru-ji, Galactic basic
  • Culture: Hereditary monarchy and technocratic. The ancestors that arrived where some of the greatest minds of Munto Codru and brought a wealth on knowledge and ambition that had previously been supressed in their old inward facing society. However they do retain a lot of the original culture from their home world.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Hereditary Monarchy with elected representative government. Decisions from the monarch are voted for by government who traditionally rubber stamp the decisions but do have powers in certain situations that will affect the future of the planet.
  • Affiliation: No external rulers - lead by the monarch and wish to remain neutral and will treat with most parties. There have been phases where rulers lean toward one faction or another but never in a dramatic way
  • Wealth: Wealthy The founding citizens generally came from wealthier members of the Codru-Ji society, and that coupled with high value exports has made the planet very wealthy
  • Stability: Medium - Previously very stable but large influx of refugees tied to the old ways has shaken things up. The worst cultural shocks seem to have passed and the path is back to stability
  • Freedom & Oppression: The planet seems very free and happy. The laws are what would be expected for a modern technocratic civilisation and the Monarch traditionally leads for the good of the people
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: The planet has a home defence fleet which is tasked with patrolling and keeping the system safe. If it considered by some as a necessary evil and other as significantly under strength. The current leader Hanaya Enzar is determined to increase its strength drastically over the coming years.
  • Technology: Highly advanced society , founded by their worlds best and brightest and led by determined scientists, technological innovation has grown and the planet has developed well.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Over 700 years ago, a Schism was happening on Munto Codru, home world of the Codru-Ji. The inward looking traditionalists shunning outsiders and restricting their society development. One the other hand there were the Modernists who saw the potential in their people and began developing newer technology and trading with the greater galaxy for further advances. This caused several conflicts and almost lead to full scale civil war on the planet until a leading industrialist and founder of Archangel Manufactorum offered to fund and built colony vessels. they had recently discovered a system on the edge of the galaxy, untouched by civilisation at this point and had set up a small outpost. He fought off assassination attempts while campaigning for this but eventually as the planet approached serious conflict, it was agreed that to protect the future, his plan should be put in place.

A fleet of enormous colony ships were built and anyone what wanted to leave was allowed to apply got positions. Many other forward thinking organisations also joined the exodus and in total nearly 10 million Codru-Ji left the planet in the initial wave. The travelled to the new planet and the colony ships were landed, becoming the hubs around which the new cities were built.

The planet was developed quickly with the new arrivals and eventually more and more of their people moved to the new system. This was a huge brain drain on Munto Codru, but allowed the planet to return to its traditional routes. Codru Secundus as the colony was now called maintained strong links with its home and both flourished together.

Then the Bryn'a'dul came to Munto Codru. destroying everything before them they caused the second mass exodus, hundreds of millions of Codru-Ji fled to the colony world, swelling its population and causing problems with overcrowding that are only now being dealt with effectively. It also caused political issues. Codru Secundus, long ruled by the direct descendants of the original founder, was informed that the fleeing government of Munto Codru would be taking charge, still viewing it as a mere colony an thus an extension of their own sphere of rule.

This almost led to renewed conflict, but was resolved by the Father of Hanaya Enzar who managed to ritually kidnap every member of the government's close family in a single night. This brought them to the negotiating tablet and it was decided that their faction would have a permanent representative in government to help the sides work together.

There is still instability, with tension between the incoming traditionalists, but this is reducing over time as they see the benefits that their technological new home world brings, many have even taken roles in Archangel Manufactorum and are helping to build the newest generation of Codru-Ji technology.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Good evening, Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar . There are a few things that I'll need corrected and sorted out before I pass this on for secondary. Here's what I've gathered.

Region & Location | I noticed that you're looking around the Midvinter area. Perhaps you could place it in an empty adjacent hex to the left or a hex above it? Where you looking into a different area entirely? If you've thought about it more on your own, I'd love to help and hear your thoughts!
Major Imports | Ores and Processed Metals are both very broad and leave much to the imagination. Please list/link specific ores and metals you'd like to import to Codru Secundus. Common things can be listed and materials that're rare or uncommon should be linked to its wiki page.
Capital City | This seems to be blank, would you mind filling in the capital city of the world?
Native Species | If there aren't any species native to Codru, please label this field as N/A.

As always, feel free to tag if you have questions, want clarification, or want to explain things.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Thank you for your list, am pleased to see it is only relatively short which means I am not too far out there.

I have updated
Named capital city
Native species
List of common ores, I havent linked any of them as the list is mostly the main ingredients of durasteel for construction.

Regards location, I considered moving it north slightly to 1 on the spoilered map. I didnt much fancy having a situation where I got a planet lovingly crafted only for the Bryn to tell me "everybody's dead dave"

But then thought, as I wanted a bit of "fight to stay neutral" kind of political intrigue. Maybe location 2 would be good as it has imperials, sith and Jedi factions all nearby bit is not on the warfront. It is still in the arm as I wanted it to be within the same kind of galactic area as the other side of the galaxy would be a pretty distant colony to flee too. I want to know what your thoughts were? I will add a better map directly into the sub once you get back to me.

20210519-071303.jpg

Thanks

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar
Thank you very much for your edits and feedback! As far as location, I believe either would do. Generally, with custom planets, damage is limited to what you allow. Someone can't just waltz in and annihilate the place without talking it over, that's common courtesy with customs. However, I do agree that Location 2 may be a bit more ideal if they're looking to branch out and make new connections and still that political intrigue pull that you're going for. Think plenty of people would be willing to collaborate and work on new stories with you :D

Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar | Ylla Caeli'runa

This is a really well put together submission, I really enjoyed reading it.

There is one thing I would like to clear up with you right off the bat, Codru Secondus is a moon, not a planet correct? I ask because moons are generally submitted via the astronomical object template in the locations subforum. The reason behind this is that any planet submission can go up on the map, but in this case that would mean the gas giant and not Codru Secondus itself. Are you tied to the idea of Codreu Secondus being a moon? Or could you shift it to being a planet within the system in it's own right?

With that said, there are a few small points I'd like to go through with the submission itself.

1) Major Imports

Major Imports:
  • Food and other natural products
  • Ores
    • Phrik
    • Carbonite
    • Neutronium
    • Lommite
    • Carvanium
    • Meleenium
  • Processed Metals for construction
    • Titanium
    • Transparisteel
    • Pyronium
    • Bronzium
  • Droids

This is very neatly packaged and makes a lot of sense for the planet, however, some of the metals and ores you mention aren't widely known. Specifically Carvanium, Mellenium and Bronzium. As per the template, which I have quoted below, any special or rare ores should be linked. I know I had to search for them on Wookiepedia. Could you please provide links to the materials in question.

• Major Imports: [ What the planet frequently buys from other planets. Common materials and ores should just be listed (Ex. Durasteel ore), while anything special or rare should be linked. ]

2) Major Exports
Major Exports:
  • High tech equipment
  • weapons
  • Star ships
  • Tibanna Gas (mined at New Codru)

High tech equipment and weapons are both very large categories. Do you have any more specifics? Do they produce medical technology, agricultural, cybernetics? What kind of weapons do they make? Hand-held? Ship-based? A little detail here will help to give the planet more of a character and let other writers know what to expect when talking about the planet.

3) Un-exploited resources

Unexploited Resources:
  • The asteroid field is largely unmined but small outposts do operate there
  • little mining on Codru Secundus due to permanently frozen ground
  • Inner planet is suspected to contain rare elements at its core but this hypothesis requires further study

While I can understand the need to keep things vague to be revealed later as you develop the planet we do need specifics. What do the outposts mine in the asteroids? What are the rare elements at the core of the planet? If you want to state that they haven't been discovered you can say "It is suspected that the core contains deposits of Phrik but as yet this has till to be proven by scientific surveys." for example.

4) Atmosphere

Atmosphere: Type I, about 80% of earth sea level density

As per the codex rules:

• Don't use specific Earth references as shorthand instead of explaining something. Ex. 'Japanese culture,' 'Medieval Europe', etc.

Please re-write this field to remove the reference to earth sea level.

5) Native species

Mixture of native swamp dwelling flora and fauna including a smaller hairless version of the ice predator

By ice predator are you referring to the wampas?

6) Major Locations

Major Locations:
  • Archangel Manufactorum
  • Crash site of Transport vessel 4 - the fourth exile vessel, prone to bad luck from the start of the journey eventually crashed in the northern mountains with the loss of nearly 200'000 lives, the corpses permanently preserved in the cold. This is now considered a memorial and is curated by a temple accessible only by air.

Per the template each location needs a small explanation:

• Major Locations: [ What are the major locations on your world? Include an explanation on each. ]

Please add a small explanation to the Archangel MManufactorum location.

Please read through my notes and tag me back when you're ready or if you have any questions.

There is one thing I would like to clear up with you right off the bat, Codru Secondus is a moon, not a planet correct? I ask because moons are generally submitted via the astronomical object template in the locations subforum. The reason behind this is that any planet submission can go up on the map, but in this case that would mean the gas giant and not Codru Secondus itself. Are you tied to the idea of Codreu Secondus being a moon? Or could you shift it to being a planet within the system in it's own right?
I have no attachment to it being a moon, I picked that because the artwork I fell on love with featured one of those impossibly close planetary bodies. I have upgraded it in the description to a binary planet, so it is I planet in its own right, locked into a shared orbit with the larger gas giant.
1) Major Imports
Links added as requested
2) Major Exports
More specifics provided as requested

3) Un-exploited resources
Added some specific ores with suggested statement about lack of confirmation of their existence.
4) Atmosphere
I have adjusted this to be reference standard scientific units instead of earth comparison
5) Native
Added "wampa like" in front of ice predator for clarity

6) Major Locations
I have added a description to Archangel manufactorum location

Also added new location of interest - government plaza.

Thank you for your comments and thank you for taking the time to go through this for me. I hope the above mentioned changes are appropriate.

John Locke John Locke
Ylla Caeli'runa

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom