Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Chaos Lore Challenge Winners!

I am very pleased with the turnout of submissions for this challenge. We had a field of 11 very unique and creative entries that made judging and ranking them a very close competition. For those of you who did not follow the challenge, these were our entries:

((HINT: THESE ARE NOT THE PLACINGS, MERELY THE ORDER OF APPROVAL))

Each submission was ranked in four categories by the Codex Judges and Codex RPJ. The ranking was based on a very simple scale of 1-5. Judges were then given 3 extra points that they could assign. The highest score an entry could get per judge was 23. The entries were judged on the following criteria:
  • Lore - How well you research the location, tie in the Chaos canon basis to the submission.
  • Creativity - How abstract and creatively the submission commemorates one of the periods of Chaos history.
  • Content - Grammar, spelling, and how well-written the submission is.
  • Utility - Likelihood of others using the location in the future for RP settings.
We saw a lot of great work and effort go into these submissions and some very unique stories told within each. We are excited to see these new locations used by the memberbase in future rps and we hope that all the submitters enjoyed the challenge we crafted for them. Everyone did a great job and I hope you will participate again in other upcoming Codex competitions.

The WINNER of the Codex Chaos Canon Lore Location Competition with an overall cumulative score of 91 is [member="Ajira Cardei"] with her entry VELOK'S MAW. Congratulations Ajira and well done!

Judges Comments:
Probably the first ever Codex submission I truly enjoyed reading. The history is wonderfully written and had a gripping aura to it. Add to the fact that this location has the potential to become a raid location, it makes it relevant for future use. Overall, very well done. Adding the bulk of my extra points here as it's my personal favorite.
Did a really good job of tying together multiple components, as well as bringing to light involvement of PC Characters.
Love the history and summary of the event thread, makes me wish the thread had survived so we could see the chaos.
Another well thought out submission. I could see this location being used repeatedly and often within the realm of Chaos.
An excellent submission and its very creative, putting together both Chaos events and PC's.

Due to the high number of entries we have decided to award two runner-ups!

With the next highest cumulative score of 88: [member="Eralam"] and the KILLING FIELDS

Our final runner-up winner with a cumulative score of 80: [member="Cerita Sarova"] and the ELROOD HOSPITAL FOR FORCE AFFLICTION

Well done to you both. I will be PMing each of you your runner-up prize in the next day or so!

Congrats to all the winners! It was both difficult and fun to judge all the interesting submissions.

wfa.gif

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Cerita Sarova"] [member="Eralam"] [member="Ajira Cardei"]

Congratulations to all of the winners! Thank you all of those who participated in the contest! We thank you for your support in making this competition as close as it was! We hope to see all of you guys come out again the next time we run a competition!

There was some confusion OOC about the initial list of entries in the first post. The list is not indicative of rankings or placement in the competition, merely the list of entries in order of their approval through Codex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom