Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closing a Door

Well on the road to recovery, Jairdain had been missing her love Yuroic. Their reunion on Ossus seemed so long ago, but the actual time was very short. Knowing they still had some unfinished business, she requested him to come to her.

Before her capture by Krest, they had searched out an ancient sith artifact. Upon finding it and returning to the ship they had brought, they had a message for them to meet with their fleet. They each had a different duty to play and she was sent to Charros for diplomatic purposes. After they parted at the fleet, she went to Charros. That was the last time they had seen each other for a year.

Taking the shuttle to Charros, the device was still there when she landed. She knew it would effect those of the Jedi and kept it with her. When she was captured, it was with her. Once Krest had corrupted her, he presented it to her as a gift. It was to be used for it's intended purpose. To enhance her connection to the dark side, making her abilities that much stronger. He had wanted to turn her into his own Dread Master.

For a while it had worked too. Acquiring one of their masks, she had been set on a dark path. Then she knew Yuroic would find her. They had met twice while she was on that path. Each time they met, he had chipped away at the lies Krest had spoon-fed her. Until a day came that she finally shattered a second time.

It was in that shattered condition that they met on Ossus. Her purpose there had been taken away from her. However, the love they shared glowed bright and reunited them. It was for that love she had for him that brought them to this point. That dark part of her life was over and the door needed to be closed to that. He was going to help her.

Waiting in her room for him now. She wore clothes similar to what she wore with the Sith, the freedom of pants was too good to give up and return to wearing robes. Her attitude was slightly different, but not in a bad way. There was a new edge to her. A feeling of confidence that wasn't there before.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic received the message from Jairdain about requesting his presence. He had some idea about what it was that she wanted him for. During one of their talks while she was on the Dark Side, she mentioned that the device heavily imbued in the dark side, a phobis device, was still around. It was an item that troubled Yuroic greatly, he had felt the madness that the device could create and the risk of leaving the device around to be used by another being. It was too big of a risk.

He dressed in his simple robes, they were still in the Jedi Temple and straightened his cloak. It was a constant reminder of his time in exile and he felt that it was important for him. The cloak was tattered and often he found other Jedi staring at him and judging his dress wear. Lifting the hood over his head, he wandered out of his room, heading to where Jairdain resided. It was in one of the guest areas, he had thought of offering his room with her, but it was likely that she needed time to adjust. He wanted her to be comfortable.

Taking a deep breath, Yuroic knocked on the door to Jairdain's room. He could feel his stomach churning with nerves that he once felt when meeting her a year ago, before they were together. There were some nerves of their task at hand as well. He wasn't sure where the device now left.

[member="Jairdain"]

Through the temple, Jardain could feel Yuroic moving closer to her. She paced in her room as she waited. While the love they shared was still there and had been one of the main reasons she was even here again. They had yet to be together again. Had not been able to sit and talk. While she didn't feel they were kept apart on purpose, she still missed seeing him.

Her time with the Sith had not changed what she was or felt in her core. And he was part of that. The foundation they laid over a year ago still remained strong. Now all they could do was repair any damage that had been done and continue on. Her mind was settled now and she knew the path she was on was the one meant to be that she walked. With him at her side, there would be nothing that could stop them.

When he knocked, her head pulled back in surprise even though she knew he was coming. Moving to the door, she opened it. In front of her stood her love. Her face no longer showed confusion or trauma. It shined with a touch of nervousness and her love for him.

"Please come in, Yuroic."

Moving to the side, she ​tiled her head to the ground. While she could not meet his eyes, she wasn't sure he would want her to.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic noted her head, lowered to the floor. He moved in closer and hugged her tightly, then kissing her deeply. His heart raced faster at the sight of her as he held her hand gently. "Hello my love, are you well?" He looked her over as he lowered his hood as he moved to a chair and taking a sit. Looking her over, hoping that she had been well.

It had been tough seeing her as a Sith and assisting them. However, he was happy that she was now with him once more. Fingers twitched nervously as he waited to see what she wanted from me.

[member="Jairdain"]

Yuroic entered at her invitation and she allowed the door to close behind him. In a simple and natural movement, he had her in his arms with a tight hug and kiss. Any thought that he may not want to see her was gone. That had been answered both by his actions and words. Keeping a hold of her hand, he asked if she was well.

No longer facing the floor, she now looked in his direction. Her face displayed a touch of sorrow, but it was peaceful. With a minute nod in answer before she spoke.

"I am well. I am so sorry for what I have done, Yuroic."

He lead her to one of the chairs and took a seat in it. Her hand within his, Jairdain stood there. That sorrow now had tears and she wanted to be held by him to just cry. His acceptance and forgiveness she needed.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He listened as she said she was sorry for her actions. But he did not blame her, could not blame her. It wasn't right, she had been controlled by forces more powerful than either of them. Rising out of the chair, he sat her down and squatted so their faces were level. He wasn't going to speak down to her, he wanted to provide comfort and show her how much she still meant to him. How much she will always mean to him.

"Stop with the crying. You have nothing to apologise for. Krest warped your memories, your thoughts to use to his own end. Nothing can be changed and this have been done. But we move forward. Together. Because, together we are stronger." He squeezed her hands with his own. Staring at her with love but fierce determination to destroy those that hurt her.

Reaching up, he brushed away her tears and gave her another hug. Holding her tightly in his arms and not letting go, not until she left ready to leave his embrace this time. Stroking her raven hair, Yuroic hummed softly as he comforted his beloved in the best way he knew. It was difficult as he had not been close with another being for so long but he refused to let Jairdain suffer.

[member="Jairdain"]

He had only been sitting a moment before he knew what she needed. Changing locations and squatting down in front of her so they were on an equal level, he held her like she desperately had to have. In saying she had nothing to apologize for, she shook her head. What he said might be true, but she as still sorry for it all.

"I was weak, Yuroic. My mind was shattered. In that state, he warped me. It didn't stay though and I'm glad. Sadly that darkness will always be in me and call to me. Together we are stronger, but for how long can I resist this darkness?"

He squeezed her hands, attempted to wipe the tears away, but more followed. Now just taking the time to let her tears out, Jairdain felt a sense of release.

"Yuroic, I love you."

Just sitting there now, she had stopped crying, but the sorrow still touched her voice.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He shook his head. "No. You were under immense torture. Perhaps not physical but mental torture. No one could have come away from that unscathed. I wouldn't have been any stronger than you were. I doubt I would have been able to see through the lies like you did in the end. You were strong to last like you did. You are strong to be able to control the dark side within yourself." He kissed the top of her head and held her tight to himself.

"Never doubt your ability. You don't need to resist it. It is part of you but it cannot, and does not control you. I have a dark side but I don't let it control me. Remember, you are the woman I love. You are strong, smart and beautiful. Never forget how you taught me to be the man I am." He touched his head next to hers. Reminding her of their early times together. Her teaching him to use the Force, meditate, embrace who he was and what he felt.

"I love you to, always." Was all he said.

[member="Jairdain"]

He was right about a few things, but that didn't make Jairdain feel any less weak for falling. When Yuroic kissed the top her head, she gave him a weak smile, but it was still a smile. One of the first she had had in what felt like eternity.

Even though right now, she felt weak, with his support and love, she would regain her feet and be stronger than before.

"Yuroic, I don't think I'm going to be the same as I was before. I feel harder."

Lifting a hand to her heart, she touched her chest for a moment before lowering it again to wrap around him in a return embrace.

"I've also realized I don't think I'm ever going to be a full Jedi again. The past path is dead, but the one that was started by my people is the one I'm meant to be on. It is one of balance, taking into consideration both the light and the dark. It touches both sides and incorporates them."

Feeling a heat to cheeks as he reminded her of their first meetings, how she had helped guide him. Now he was doing it for her.

"Thank you."

Now to get back to more important details and the reason she had asked him to join her.

"Do you know why you are here?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic nodded his head. He had been changed since his exile, calmer but colder. He was less social than before and as dedicated to the Silver Jedi, while he wasn't leaving them, he felt that the Light Side wasn't the only path one could take. His time in exile encouraged him to think over the Dark Side, how to wield it with control. Such as Electric Judgement, a power he did not have but knew a little of. He gave Jairdain a small smile, "Don't worry, I'm not the same person either. But I am always here for you."

"I respect your choice. I think that using both is possible too. Might take me longer to achieve it but I think I will likely follow that path too. There is a need for balance I think." He wiped away the last of her tears as she calmed. He embraced her tightly.

Moving back, he studied her closely. He knew why he had been called here, but he wished it wasn't the only reason to see him. "To see if we can break that bed?" His head gestured over to her guest bed, he gave a cheeky grin but changed to a more stoic look.

"This is about the phobis device. We need to find it once more, destroy it." His voice was serious this time around. He despised the device, it was too imbued in the Dark Side, it was too powerful to be left alone.

[member="Jairdain"]

Happy Yuroic accepted her choice of path, Jairdain nodded. They had both changed, was it too much though? She knew she still loved him and he loved her, but too many changes might be bad for their realtionship. He promised to always be there for her and he would respect her. Then he expressed interest is following the same path.

"Are you sure? It took me breaking to realize it."

As likely to start crying again as not, Jairdain did control her tears. He cleaned off the rest of them and she gave him a slight smile and returned his embrace. Once they shared that for a few moments, he pulled back slightly. In answer to her question, he made a joke and she playfully slapped at his arm. Getting back to the real topic, her face turned away from him again. Nodding and still not looking in his direction.

"I know where it is along with the mask."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic nodded, he understood the risks in learning the Dark Side, but what better way to fight it than understanding how it works. To prove to the Sith that the allure of power and their destructive cycle was not the only way to utilise the Force. "It will be fine. I am not looking to attempt it yet, but in time, slowly. It is the only way to know how the Force works in its entirety." He gave her a brave smile, it was likely a stupid move but time for caution was running out for the Jedi.

He gave a loud ow from her slap, fake in meaning and he gave her a playful wink in reassurance. When she stated she knew where it was, Yuroic wandered to a table and sent a message. He let the Silver Jedi know that they were going on a mission, likely not to return for a few days. He moved back to Jairdain after he finished and took her hand in his own.

"Then we go. We fight it, we destroy it. Together." He assured her.

@Jairdain

A brief look of sorrow crossed her face when he mentioned that it was the only way to know how the Force worked totally.

"No, it isn't, but nothing I can say would change your mind, I'm sure."

He was stubborn, Jairdain remembered that. It felt obvious to her he was set in his mind. At least he admitted he wasn't going to attempt to do it now. Attempting to put on a brave face, he tried to fool her with his tone of voice.

Once she told Yuroic she knew where she kept the items, he stood up to leave a message about them going off together. Holding out his hand to her, she took it to help her stand up.

"I'm going to have a difficult time, you know that right?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

When he sensed that she didn't approve, he gave a shrug. While he appreciated her concern, he also needed to explore the path that he saw before him. Something was driving him towards it. When she admitted to having a difficult time with this, he took a deep breath and nodded his head. He felt the power of the phobis device, it was going to a tough battle for both of them. He moved closer to her and looked at her.

"I know and it will be tough for me as well." Yuroic admitted as he looked her over. "But we will be tougher together." Repeating that fact again to her as he opened the door and waited on her to leave the room.

[member="Jairdain"]

She felt him shrug his shoulders like he didn't seem to care about her opinion. It wasn't that she did not approve, she was just trying to tell him there were other ways to learn. One could learn about the skills and not have to immerse themselves in the dark side.

"Just don't fall, my love."

Her voice was barely above a whisper and Yuroic may not even hear it. That look of sorrow carried into her voice. It wouldn't be tough for him as for her. She had been trained to use the device, her mental skills attuned her to it and with its destruction her powers would be lessened in strength.

Just before they walked out of her room, Jairdain leaned in close to give him another light kiss.

"We need a speeder."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He heard her plead that he not fall. Lowering his head, he accepted that she was worried but he was slightly hurt that she did not trust he could handle the temptation. Not understanding how strong it was, he just felt that she was being overly worried. However, her light kiss made his heart race once more and he wrapped his hand onto her lower back. Guiding her to the speeder bikes and shuttles.

"Here we are, my love." He said as he jumped onto a speeder, he looked back at her. "Where are we heading to then?"

[member="Jairdain"]

Placing her hand around him so they walked together with their arms crossing each other and resting on the other. It didn't take them long to get to the speeder area and she climbed on the back.

"The Nightmare Lands. There is a secret area I found that nobody knows about any more and hid it there. With the corruption already in those lands, this one I felt would be safely hidden. The beasts and people there are already altered, the device wouldn't change them."

Giving him directions to the locations of both the Nightmare Lands and the secret area, she rode in almost silence along the way. Feeling when they entered the lands, she hoped Yuroic would be fine and not touched by the corruption here. He landed the speeder and she climbed off. Taking the lead, she guided him to what looked like an ancient alter.

Getting on her knees, Jairdain motioned for him to do the same.

"You need to reach out, meditate and find the other side."

On this side, there was no additional feeling of dread in the area. However, on the other side, a more spiritual realm, that feeling was there like it had been on Oricon. Jairdain closed her eyes and went through the meditation she had been through before and actually disappeared from the side of Yuroic as she crossed through the portal there.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic noticed the corruption presence in the air, it was bitter and hateful. He felt it whispering at the back of his mind, doubts and disbelieves he held over the Jedi now surfacing more loudly than he previously thought. Use it. Gain power. Was a constant whisper which he closed his mind from. He had no desire for power, at least none that he could think of. Knowledge was what he wanted, and not the knowledge that this device could give him. It would do harm where he wanted to bring peace. Try to change it. Control it.

When he knelt next to Jairdain. He heard her mention that they had to meditate to enter the other side. Before he could ask her what she meant, Jairdain disappeared. "Jairdain! Where are you?" Gone. Taken by the corruption. Too weak to fight it again. He shook his head. These were no longer his words, his thoughts. He closed his mind and meditated, focusing like Jairdain had taught him long ago. He felt the Oricon like corruption once again. Roaring in his head.

Use me! Destroy the Sith, the Rens. Rule the Galaxy side by side with her! Yuroic grunted and shook his head once more before turning to Jairdain. "How far is the device?" He was worried about the affects being here would have on both of them if they remained here too long.

[member="Jairdain"]

The voices he heard were simple mutters to Jairdain, her own mental defenses were able to keep them held back. Yes, the temptation to use the device was present, but she knew she wouldn't fall for it this time. The routine she went through at the alter was one she had been through more than once, but she knew what to do and hoped Yuroic would be able to follow her example and join her in this spirit world within the Nightmare Lands.

It only took her a few moments to find her connection through the alter and she disappeared from next to her love. She could not hear him call for her as she had already passed through the veil that separated the two of them. A little while longer than it had taken her, he was there next to her.

Around them, the air was misty and cloudy. There was no life and no Nightmare Land corruption, only the corruption brought by the device. Taking a hold of his hand, Jairdain pointed with her other before speaking, "this is just a small area, Yuroic. It is there."

Tipping her head to its location and would pull him along with her. He had grown on his own during his time alone while she was captive and she hoped it would be enough to keep him protected from its corruption.

When they reached the device, with tears in her eyes, Jairdain reached out for it gently. Almost like a mother would for an infant. Part of her wanted to keep and use it. Another part wanted to destroy it...and a smaller part wanted to just it rest there and allow somebody else to discover it in the future.

"I can't, Yuroic. I need help."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic studied the area they were in. It was eerie, dead of anything yet there was a pulsating vibration he could feel coming from the device. The voice was screaming in his mind to take it and used it to defeat his enemies. To end those who harmed Jairdain and might harm her again in the future. However, he ignored them, pushed the voice down till it fell quiet. He followed her forward towards the device.

He watched as she headed to it. Reaching out to the device in a careful manner. But when she hesitated, he could feel the corruption creeping back in. He could hear the device calling her weak, too weak to destroy it, weaker still to control it. He knew that if the device survived that it would do too much harm. Not just to Jairdain but to the Force.

"No, you can do this. You can fight the temptation Jairdain. You are strong! Destroy it now, we can't let it be. It is too powerful and too dangerous. Please, fight the device, prove your strength and destroy the device!"

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom