Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Clash of the Titans

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

The morning was cool, just the way Gerwald loved it for his morning runs. Paws sank into the fertile ground, damp with the dew he picked up from the lush grass which blankets the forest floor. He had started at the training circle and it was where he ended. Shifting had become more than second nature to the Lupo by this point, and in a matter of seconds he stood a tall, proud, man.

A pair of sweats were pulled over his lower half as Gerwald was more attentive to modesty than most Lupo. His time among the Confederacy and blending in on Stewjon had made his habits more human than beast.

Gerwald spent the rest of his morning training. For what, he did not know. The wolf had found his life nothing more than a routine at this point, one he did not wish to interrupt. He paused as the smell of another Lupo filled the air. Gerwald knew this scent, and it caused him to scoff slightly, under his breath.

"I know you're watching. Care to back up what you were saying the other day with some action?"

Wearing: Hide trousers
Tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

His day began as it always did. A lecture from his mother, she was furious that the gathering had not instantly gained him a mate. She interrogated him hard over the events of the gathering and decided that she had neglected her duties in ensuring he was mentally prepared as he was physically. So, he was receiving lectures on the gods, the courting ways that his mother thought were successful and how to successful hold a verbal conversation or argument. She believed that his mental fighting capabilities had to be as strong as his physical fighting capabilities if he wanted to demonstrate that he was a worthy mate. It was harsh lessons, where he was constantly told off for being thick, ridiculous and unworthy of being her son if he was going to continually fail like this. The mental attacks were hard and he attempted to counter and fight back but he never felt the heart in being as verbally aggressive to his mother as she was being to him.

After that was done, Brynjar always needed to work his body, to keep the edge there and ensure that he fought as hard as he could. He also found it effective way of relieving the stress that was brought about from his new morning lectures. The best way to work out that he found was mostly to just punch trees till either the trees gave out or till his knuckles were broken and bleeding from punching so hard. Today, he was in the woods and punching hard, his mind thinking on the lessons he had been receiving from his mother that he barely even heard the voice of Gerwald. His punching stopped and he inhaled deeply, he hadn't been watching or even lurking around. His mind had been elsewhere and it was frustrating this man assumed everything revolved around him. Clicking his neck, he stepped away from his tree, knuckles calloused and red from the punching he had been doing.

"I don't feel the need to back up my words. However, if you are so desperate to prove yourself, then I am willing to provide you an actual challenge. Since it is clear that you never sought out an actual challenge. How do you want to fight? Bare knuckle? Axes? Wolves?" Brynjar had spent years fighting and killing to prove he was strong enough to lead his clan. There had been no fight he backed away from and refused to allow this man feel he could intimidate Brynjar.

ger-template.png

”You do realize that this… these insults and attitude of yours is exactly why you do need to back up your words?”

Gerwald was genuinely curious as he looked the other Lupo over. The man was exactly one inch taller than him, a fact that meant nothing to Gerwald. He wanted to fight as wolves, with axes, or fists, but Gerwald simply shrugged. Was he trying to get under the skin of the other wolf in front of him? Yes.

“You call me a coward, say that I have never sought an actual challenge, and yet you know nothing about me, where I am from, or what I have accomplished. Based on what? I have no scars, no markings?”

The wolf took a step closer.

“Based on my appearance you call me a coward. Based on your appearance I would simply call you a brute, and yet I refrain.”

Anyone who knew Gerwald well enough knew he was posturing. He wanted to test him, see how the man would react. With aid of the force, Gerwald called a staff to his hand.

“Staff.”

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Snorting, Brynjar didn't care too much for these words. Talking was weak, anyone could talk and deem themselves a winner, fighting there could only be one winner. "Do you realise that your own attitude and words are why that I have no respect for you. You see yourself better than everyone, yet you are no Alpha, no Anasi, no God. All you have is that you won every fight without a mark, meaning you only fight those easy enough to beat without harming yourself. Which is a weakness. You have never been pushed to near death and found the strength that lies there." Brynjar growled, surviving near death experiences are exactly what Clan Threist push their people to, if you never experience that then you never know the limits of your abilities. The rush of surviving also is never experienced and that is sometimes better than any drug out there.

"Your behaviour, your actions. They all stink of a being thinking they are invincible because they have never stared death in the eyes. You are likely reckless, risk the lives of everyone you know. You are a bigger threat to those you care about than you are willing to know. I know this, because I was like this when I was a young boy. But I fought, I lost, I faced death. I learnt how fragile things are. How a simple mistake will cost not just my life but those around me." Brynjar spoke coolly, there was some research he had done into Gerwald since their last encounter. He knew more than the man probably realised, not much more, but more.

Staff? Really? Using the Force, he pulled the staff into his own hand as well. "Staff then. No Force. Can see why you don't get scars, these things will leave nothing but bruises and minor cuts, however, your brother might enjoy seeing you whimpering home a bruised and bloodied mess." Twirling the staff in his hands, Brynjar moved to position and then held his staff in a strong fighting stance. He was curious to see if his opponent would assume he was an aggressive, heavy fighter with a single mindset. Brynjar was already making predictions, blocks, counter-blocks, counter-strikes and more in his mind. Playing 4 or 5 steps ahead and attempting to figure out the way his opponent would fight. Especially without the Force.

ger-template.png

Gerwald was becoming increasingly convinced that Bryn was a simpleton. Even though he had been raised as a warrior, a soldier, Gerwald had always been smarter. It was sad to see a wolf that could not see anything more than his need to be right. He would have never lasted as a Knight Obsidian under Gerwald’s command. If this wolf was to fight for the Lupo he would have to learn his place.

“You assume too much,” Gerwald replied.

In a flash Bryn would see many memories colliding at once. Gerwald’s battle with the Dark Ones, the many battles he had fought in the name of the Confederacy, the moment he came face to face with the Nocna Mora, and the moment he killed shamunaar, flooded the mind of the brash warrior. The final scene was the most recent, when Gerwald conjured a force storm to combat one created on Rhand.

Gerwald gripped the staff tightly as the memories were finished.

“You cannot know a thing about a person based on their appearance. The healing technology available to my Knights far surpasses what you might be familiar with. I have faced death too many times to count.”

One final memory pressed into Bryn’s mind. Gerwald loathed to remember, but it was seared into his memory. He had lost count how many times Darth Prazutis had taken him to the point of death only to heal him and make him relive it over and over.

“Tell me… do you know what it is like to be skinned alive only to relive it over and over and over again? My scars and marks are not the kind you can see on my body, but I assure that I bare more than you could ever hope to wear on yours.”

It was all Gerwald would say before taking his opening stance. It was a defensive posture, and would likely draw more criticism from Bryn. The wolf did not care. This was not about his reputation, but rather teaching the other that he was wrong, and that his outlook on life needed to be adjusted.

“Hit me… if you can.”

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Before Brynjar could figure out where to strike next, his opponent decided to cheat. Brynjar had made it clear no Force powers yet he was dragged into the memories of Gerwald and sucked in deep. It was meaningless to the Lupo, he had little understanding of some of the threats but he also had little care of the dangers he did know about. They were no more dangerous than the things he faced, they left scars and memories across his body. In the end he was proud of the trials and dangers that he went through, through the memories, it seemed that Gerwald was ashamed or terrified of the memories of near death. Not acknowledging the thrill of survival, not recognising that you have survived meeting death and only gotten stronger for it. Brynjar realised that there was just an ideological difference between them, a belief his clan held that was not shared amongst the other Lupos or at least not this one.

"To hide scars, markings of survival, that is weakness. You are ashamed that you lived, that you saw death and walked away victorious. It might seem harsh to you, brutal or backwards, but to me, to my clan. We are proud of our scars, the markings of death defiance that is etched on our skins. You might think I downplay your skills but that is you assuming little of me. I know you fight and that you have lead Force Users before. But you know nothing of me, nothing of what I experience and yet you stand there with the assumption of victory. That is arrogance, that is what will not necessarily kill you but those around you." Brynjar stated in a cool tone. "Also, you cheat. You used the Force when it was stated no Force." That act lowered his opinion of Brynjar.

He snorted, "see, this. You think you are the only one that faced pain? These scars, these I gained from the ages of 5 to 15. My father inflicted most, animals and monsters from my homeworld inflicted the rest." Brynjar stated, there was no hurt or pain in his tone, he didn't care that his father was beyond abusive to him at such a young age. In fact, Brynjar saw it as normal, as the behaviour he shall have towards his own child. "I have fought to the death every day since I was 5 till the day I became the Alpha. I saw my father, man who loved me, hold hatred and murderous intent in his eyes." Twirling his staff once more. "So, your skinning, that does not bother me. I have seen and felt just as worse."

The mind flashed to when he was a child, fighting a grown man, barely able to hold the axe in his hands yet alone use it to strike or block the blows of his opponent. The man shouting and barking furiously, disappointedly towards Brynjar, slicing his body repeatedly till Brynjar escaped. Barely able to move, the young boy bleeding profusely and panicking since he knew that he couldn't die. That the honour of his clan meant that he couldn't just lay there and die. He had been taught how to heal his injuries only a couple days ago and his father expected him to be able to use the healing now.

That memory lingered in his head, it had been so long since he remembered that but it was the memory he went to when he needed motivation. To remember that day where he faced death and survived. "Do not tell me what to do." He was not charging to attack and he was not going to jump at the chance to try hitting Gerwald on Gerwald's terms. That was only a leap to failure. He held a strong, aggressive stance but he did not launch forward. "Perhaps you, should be the one to try hitting me. Since you think that my life is wrong and backwards, show me what is the correct way."

MieraWolves.JPG

Listen

Tag: [
Gerwald Lechner
Gerwald Lechner ] [ Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist ]

The forest was deep and cool, a mystery hiding in every shadow. Secrets echoed back to Miera — carried on the wind, the falling leaves, the sounds of small scurrying animals. Miera ghosted forward in utter silence, the dark fur of her coat easily blending into the dappled woods.

A careful balance kept heightened senses unfurled and open, the better to warn her of danger; her true Self, Force-and-Divine-imbued, she kept as carefully masked as if she had been trapped at a public event. The wary fear that gripped her would not ease. Every breath was painful and tight. To be out-of-doors and in her wolf shape – it was a risk she had not dared since she’d fled to the gods when she was little more than a child. No amount of logical deduction or reasoned argument had eased the conviction that it was death to be discovered so. Emotions danced and seethed beneath the surface, threatening her careful masking. Always, always she felt too much in wolf-form. Yet the wolf was in ascendance now. The need to be here, to defend her sister - her alpha, her pack, her only family - overwhelmed all else. The need to be whole, for Aelin, was the only thing that lured her out-of-doors at such a vulnerable time.

The faint, tormented pounding she’d been tracking abruptly silenced, along with nearly all other sounds. The creatures of the forest sensed a predator on the hunt. Yet the mingled scents of fresh blood and old, stifled rage lured her on. Bloodied evidence of great pain marred a tree trunk. The blood rang with torment, so much power, in each blow; yet the destruction itself was heartbreaking. Could she divine why and who?

A ripple in the Force shivered around her.

Miera flattened suddenly, her dark form naught but a slightly darker shadow at the base of the tree. So focused upon the flicker of visions the blood-scent on the tree had promised, Miera had failed to notice the powerful scents of two very dominant Lupos.

Trespassers, her heart whispered. Drive them off of your range; they are here to kill you, to destroy the Wood.

Rescuers, her mind countered. They seek only to protect Aelin.

Strangers, her soul howled in protest. Villains or heroes, threat or comfort, they were terrifyingly unknown to her and yet precious to her sister-and-Alpha.

Miera would have vanished back into the wood, left the two men to their quarrel, save there was something in how they addressed each other that spoke to her of threat. Stubborn intransigence, defensive rage, wounded pride, forlorn souls … she was unsure what drew them together.

Or what kept them apart.

Primal, powerful … both were perfectly formed and at the peak of conditioning. A flicker of awareness threatened, but was easily ignored. Dangerous men were best kept at a distance. And from the way they moved, the perfect, casual balance displayed they were both dangerous men.

Terrifying, to think their romantic interest was locked upon her beloved sister! How ever would Aelin escape?

The younger man spoke eloquently of the pains and cost of great arrogance; Miera had witnessed precisely the sort of attitude he spoke of. But she feared the response of the elder wolf; for to not have a mark upon him he must either have access to powerful healing, or be virtually unbloodied in battle. He moved with too much control for it to be the latter, even if she was unwilling to accept his brag that he had simply never, ever been marked.

No one was born invincible. Most experienced warriors, human, lupos or other, were humble enough to keep at least a few of the scars they had earned along the way.

This one was not. Why? What lesson did he find, in an unblemished hide?

Riddles and enigmas, both of them.

She knew nothing of the art of battle, but had been told that there was a grace to staff fighting, something nearly like dance. Yet she was pretty certain they were supposed to hit each other with the big sticks.

The words were nearly as unintelligible, save it was clear that the elder wolf had indeed been healed through Art and Science. The insults they threw at one another seemed to slide past, as a thrown dagger might wound but miss the heart. She needed to listen more closely, to learn what she could of these men who counted her sister.

A soft whimper of pain escaped, as she released the shape of her wolf-within. Miera stood slowly, breathing more easily in her human shape. Softly curved, not taut and sharp as so many lupos were, Miera was without the muscle and physical endurance endemic to those of her kind. She was betwixt and between, too deeply lupo to be human, too human to be lupo. How unfair was it, to not feel wholly natural as a physical wolf, or a human? Only when Miera spirit-walked did she feel complete. A few long, slow breaths eased the pain of the change and let her senses settle, if not her heart.

Graceful, perfectly cared for hands reached out into nothing and pulled a soft wrap of darkness around her; the shadow slowly softened into a long, red wrap. Miera felt the bite of cold, wind and rain as few of the Lupos seemed to. Warriors, lupos, gifted with the Art if not with Divine magic, she had no doubt they had or would soon sense her presence.

Stepping out of the shadows with preternatural silence, Miera settled upon a branch nearby and simply waited.

ger-template.png

TAG: Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos

This wolf was stubborn. Gerwald simply sighed. Scars were not a thing to be proud of. They were a sign that a foolish decision had been made in battle. Oh, one could be proud they had survived, but it was rare one carried a scar because they were worthy. It was a sign of luck.

It was more than clear this Bryn would not listen to reason or sense. He simply wanted to believe about Gerwald what he had already determined. There was a lesson this wolf needed to learn, and no amount of shared memory would convince Gerwald he did not need it. In fact, the abuse he witnessed from the wolf's father only convinced Gerwald that his view was rooted deeper than one lesson would reach.

Bryn did not move, but neither did Gerwald. The Archon was patient, not in a hurry. He was determined to not make the first movement, even if it frustrated the wolf across from him. This was not about proving who was better, or who was right. The Lupo simply wanted to show the warrior another way.

"I am not moving until you do."

Blue eyes moved briefly to acknowledge the guest which seemed to be watching them. She looked like Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos , enough to be family. Her scent confirmed it. Gerwald turned his gaze back to Bryn almost as soon as it had left him. The wolf would continue to assume what he wanted of Gerwald, but the one thing he would not do would be to provoke a premature attack.​

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos

For Brynjar, scars weren't a sign of luck or failure in battle, each one told a story and that story was built told others about that person. There were scars people could feel ashamed of, scars people could be proud of, scars that were based on surviving and luck, scars that were about victories and glory. Like anything in life, Brynjar saw scars as growth and his scars informed of a harsh childhood where he was brought to the brink of death too many times but survived. Not only did he survive, he flourished and grew stronger than anyone in his family had ever been, his skills were great and he fought with strength that was superior to his father in his prime. But he wasn't just a strong brute of a man, he demonstrated the ability to think, observe and bind his time with opponents as well. He strategized as well as attacked with all his strength.

Nostrils flared as he sniffed and took in the new scent, familiar and Brynjar knew it was one of the Erevos sisters, Miera, he had been attempting to learn more about the clan since the Summerlight Gathering. Nothing personal or deep, he was just curious about the clan and to learn more about others, especially since he knew Aelin was gaining a lot of respect, deserved but he feared it might also mean competition. He knew that his claim to be Anasi would not go over well and he didn't even know if it was a goal he wanted but the gods had not guided him away from the path yet according to his parents therefore they must believe him to be the right choice.

It was clear that Gerwald would not strike first, usually a hot tempered being would leap into action and start recklessly attacking attempting to force a win with an aggressive start. However, all the hot, fiery temper that Brynjar displayed off the ring was not present, he was almost a completely different temperament, calm and collected. This was his safe place, this was his temple and he knew how to fight. Shifting his stance, Brynjar laughed, "Well, this duel is over then since I will not rush and attack you since that will only give you the advantage that you want. You want me to come at you and control the pace of this fight. So, you can stand there defensively all you want, or you can attack me. I am not rushing you." There was thinking behind his words, he was examining the fight to a level he never demonstrated in the social setting. Revealing his true intelligence and skills.

"So, what is the decision pretty boy?" Brynjar asked with a mocking tone, something he couldn't help but say as he waited patiently.

ger-template.png

The younger wolf continued to assume what Gerwald wanted, and to even worse jugement, he assumed Gerwald’s motives. It was clear the warrior had much to learn. How he had ever earned the right to be called an alpha was one more piece of evidence in Gerwald’s mind that the old ways of the Lupo were broken. If this was what they produced it was no wonder or stretch of the imagination why the Fayth had killed them off so long ago.

Gerwald could not help but draw a comparison to others he knew. Bryn behaved more like a crazed lupine than a lupo, and there was more Van-Derveld in him than Gerwald would have liked. He could see it. The day would come when the brash wolf would make a push to lead their people. He had already tired with a prompt proposition with Aelin. Secure the strong mate, make the challenge. Everything about Bryn’s actions solidified one thing for Gerwald.

He was selfish.

“I have already told I would not move until you do,” Gerwald answered with a calm matter of fact tone. “You have asked a question you already know the answer to.”

Gerwald stood from his position. It was clear they would not fight this day. The staff Gerwald held fell to the ground, the sound of its thud echoing around them.

“You have a lot to learn young pup. I do not care about your feats of strength nor the marks on your body that tell me you know how to survive and kill. Even the weakest of warriors I trained on Stewjon were far superior to you. They understood something you do not, or do not seem willing to demonstrate that you do.”

The wolf sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“My pack was like yours once, proud, eager, now my brother and I are the only two left. We dwindled because of infighting, displays of strength, hunted. I never knew any of this till I left home. My mother feared the end of our clan so much that she hid us, told us to hide what we were. I have seen where your way lead, I have seen where her way leads, and both have been found lacking.”

He paused, knowing he was wasting his breath as Bryn was far too arrogant to listen to what Gerwald was saying, and yet he still felt he could help the pup see, provoke him to a journey of change.

"The brave, the fool, and the coward, all rush into battle alike. It remains to be seen which of those you truly are. You will be weighed in the balance. Let us hope you are not found wanting.”

Gerwald turned to leave. If Bryn wanted to stop him, he could. If Bryn did not the Hound of Islimore would make his exit.​

MieraWolves.JPG

Listen

Tag: :
Brynjar Threist
Brynjar Threist :
Gerwald Lechner
Gerwald Lechner

Miera had not been part of Pack or Clan for a very, very long time. The tension, anger and conflict between the two men was baffling to her. Something happened between them; a stir of power, a connection of some sort. She could not say what it was, only that it did not seem to settle their dispute. What sort of training match, honor-brawl or duel included both sides refusing to engage?

Baffling.

When the elder’s - One of the Lechner brothers; the more excitable one, she was pretty sure - gaze flickered to her, she nodded a grave, tempered greeting. She had no desire to see blood spilled here today.

The younger one - the Threist Alpha - did not look her way at all. Yet… he seemed more settled, more calm than she’d ever seen him. For all the elder’s frustration, the younger seemed to read the situation correctly. He laughed; not a bitter sound, but one that felt to Miera like it was a second glimpse into who he could be, when others weren't trying to define him.

The Alpha spoke both carefully and eloquently, laying out the options before the elder wolf and his own reasoning … right up until the mocking insult at the end.

Gerwald … hmm.

It was as if both wolves were only hearing part of what the other was saying. Odd; both were quite focused. So was it more that they were communicating in ways besides words, and she was the one receiving only half of the communication?

The wisdom from the elder Lechner came after the provocation, interestingly enough. Yet why the lesson? Why then walk away? Brow crinkled in confusion.

Nothing here made sense to her! Surely he would not leave a lesson half taught? Would not leave with that bitter condemnation of the Lupo culture? Her gaze turned to Brynjar, hoping he could make sense of what she could not.

The staff fell to the ground, and the end of the duel was called. He was victorious in his mind, he had defeated this man by remaining calculated and smart. However, the words still tore at him, brought an anger out in him. The man dared to consider Brynjar weak, made assumptions about Brynjar made only because Gerwald saw what he wanted to see. Not what was there or what Brynjar was putting out there, just assumed that his strength and belief in his strength was all that he needed to guide him to victory. However, it was just conforming to what Brynjar was seeing in Gerwald, a Lupo that had no respect for traditions or customs. One that had strayed too far from his people and saw them as savage, uncivilised and backwards in comparison to the rest of the galaxy. Gerwald was the exact kind of person that his parents feared the Lupo people would become due to being fractured for so long.

"You are the coward. You turn your back on our people, see us as beasts. I am maintaining my family's traditions, culture, way of life. Preserving that which makes us Lupo. I doubt you speak Wulfi or even know our gods." Bryn growled, his temper was now rising, he refused to be seen as weak by someone who he felt was a traitor to the way of Lupo life. "You walk away from this fight, this life and talk about how others are better than me. Yet you are the one surrendering, giving up because I refused to do as you wished." Brynjar still kept a tight grip on the staff in his one hand. His knuckles white as he clenched hard. "Our numbers dwindled because we were hunted, killed by outsiders who thought themselves better than us. That is why all our clans are smaller, fewer in number than they should ever have been. I am the last member of clan Threist, my clan's history, way of life ends with me. I am fighting to preserve what makes our people unique and special."

He was ready to attack this man, to strike him hard from behind but he also knew that Gerwald would be prepared for it in some fashion, perhaps call Brynjar out for attacking an opponent from behind. "You know nothing about our ways, you just see the failings that you want so that you can smugly turn your back on your own kind and state that you are superior because you left and ignored our ways, our culture." Brynjar's voice was growling and he slipped into Wulfi as his anger took over, "Ek skulu verkfall þú niðr hvere þú standa svikari. Þú gereigir eiga skilið til kallþinnr sjálfr Lupo!"

His body took command, too angry to hold back. His feet moved swiftly, predator ready to strike at its prey. His grip was on the lower end of the staff, swinging it as if the weapon was a great-axe and not a staff. He leaped forward as he swung, his momentum driving in a strong hard attack that threatened to break the wood if he carried the strength all the way through. The Lupo was not holding back now, and aiming to do serious harm with this one strike.

Translation: I should strike you down where you stand traitor. You do not deserve to call yourself Lupo!

ger-template.png

Gerwald stopped, stepped to the side as the staff barely passed by his head and crashed into the ground. He could answer the words which Bryn had laid at his feet but there was no need to. The wolf simply smirked as he planted he turned and planted his foot on the staff, allowing his full weight to keep it in place.

“You said no force, yes?”

The fight was already over, and Gerwald had already won. Brynjar would see it eventually. His opponent was now blinded and controlled by his own rage. Gerwald had provoked the pup which meant he now owned him. It was the one thing Bryn had been trying so hard not do, and without even using a weapon Gerwald had moved the other Lupo closer and closer to defeat and humiliation.

There was little Gerwald could throw at his challenger that would not be countered, however for the moment, the wolf held one advantage. Bryn’s balance would not be rooted quite yet. Gerwald stepped into his attack as an open palm moved upward to Bryn’s nose. It was a strike that could kill a man, but Gerwald did not dive with enough force to do much damage. It was time to prove a point, and to do that, Gerwald had to control himself more than he needed to control the pace of the fight.​

The staff missed its target, Brynjar growled, if he had been a slower fighter, a less skilled one then he would be panicking. Trapped by the opponent but he knew what to do, he had dealt with similar tactics over the years. As soon as the staff missed the target, Brynjar released his grip on the staff right away and raised his arms up swiftly. There was too much confidence in his opponent, he could feel the smirking and cockiness that oozed from him. Gerwald thought he could end this without using a weapon, he thought he would beat Brynjar simply and swiftly but he was underestimating Brynjar and underestimating the fighting skills that Brynjar had under his belt. The years of experience he had in fighting for survival meant that he never risk trapping himself in such a position especially when it was easy and necessary to release the weapon.

With his arms raised, he blocked the palm strike with his forearms taking the blow full on. It wasn't that hard, and Brynjar could tell that Gerwald was holding back. He scoffed deeply, a deep belly laughter erupting his lips, "you expect to defeat me when you hold back with blows like this? This is over before it began because you limit yourself." Brynjar snarled as slid his forearms down the outside of the palm strike arm, thrusting a hard jab at Gerwald's temple, the power was enough to do serious damage. Brynjar wasn't holding back and fighting with all his strength, his jab was the start as he continued to jab and punch at Gerwald with quick and sharp blows. His aims were the face and chest, aiming to either knock out or severe wind the man as he released an onslaught attack.

His anger wasn't blinding him, it was fuelling him, he was connecting to it in order to activate his adrenaline, sharpen his senses and drive his focus. His anger was intense but it was controlled, stable and directed. He had spent years using anger recklessly and nearly dying, Brynjar knew how to control himself and how to direct his skills and emotions to improve his skills in fighting. His determination to show up this fool who thought himself better than Brynjar only grew. "Nothing to say about betraying your own race huh? Seems... That you aren't able to deny that part." Brynjar grunted loudly as he continue to punch, not wanting to give his opponent a chance to think and remain hard on the defensive side, perhaps even push him out of the ring. It wouldn't be the definitive win that Brynjar wanted but if Gerwald was out of the ring then this was over.

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Islimore
Tag | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Miera Erevos Miera Erevos , Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

Deeply engulfed in her meditation that morning, Aelin was reflecting on the last few months and all that had transpired, including a moment to dwell on the Lupo that typically surrounded her. Bellassa seemed so far behind her, that there were days she found herself missing Borre’s pragmatic approaches and Bjorn’s levelheaded, kind demeanor. The Drage pack was a well oiled, functioning unit. The question then beggared, how did she move these wolves to operate in the same capacity? Lupo followed only the strong, it was their way to resist anything less.

Was she strong enough to unite a pack that was more prone to biting at the hand that fed them, than to take from it? The question begged an answer, but Aelin was unsure herself. There were still so many dangerous unknowns. If only Borre were here... she started to think, before quickly shaking the thought away. He was not... and she needed to get used to dealing with these things on her own.

While her mind counseled caution, her heart warred with hope.

Hope and concern.

Hope, because she knew that deep in the hearts of each wolf lied loyalty and love for their kin. It would be remiss of her to forget so easily the love they showed when they’d pledged their oaths to her, this wisp of a girl from Bellassa whom they barely knew, just to help her find Miera. Concern, because despite the care they’d shown and their desire to protect members of their species from their common enemy - several of them acted in ways that changed with the direction of the wind. They would act out of a desire to most benefit their species, but there was no telling what any of them thought that would be.

If they wanted to bring down the Fayth, to change the tides for their species… they needed to become more. They needed to choose paths that did not lead them to further death and destruction and Aelin made room in her heart for those desires.

She believed in those desires... until a strange feeling slowly settled over her shoulders like a darkening mist.

Rising, she abandoned the rock she’d been sitting on, moving through the forest at a clipped pace. The closer she became, the more she recognized what she’d been feeling - three presences, intermingled. Two engaged in battle… in front of her vulnerable sister, no less. Her sister, who’d already seen and experienced such pointless brutality.

A rage like non-other filled her belly, storming onto the scene like a juggernaut straight from the fiery depths of Aerðs' lair.

“What is the meaning of this!?” She bellowed, her voice carrying a power that emanated throughout her entire being, shaking the trees and branches with her mere breath.

Before Brynjar’s next punch could land, Aelin threw herself between the quarreling wolves, absorbing the blow that sent her spiraling to the forest floor. After several long moments of catching her breath and fighting back against her dizzying vision, Aelin slowly rose to her feet, wiping a crimson glob from her mouth that smeared across her chin. While rage clung against the fabric of her soul, there was no anger in her eyes to behold - just frustration and disappointment.

“That’s enough.” she growled, making eye contact with each wolf. “We are better than this.”

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
ger-template.png

TAG: Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos | Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

Brynjar dropped the staff.

Good.

Gerald had hoped his action would take the weapon out of the equation. With the other Lupo blind with rage, Gerwald knew he was in control. It had not taken much to push the arrogant pup over the edge. Even the way the young wolf chastised the older showed that Bryn lacked the one thing every leader needed, self-control. One thing the pup was correct about was that the fight was over before it began, but it was not because of Gerwald’s “limitations.”

“I’m not limiting myself,” Gerwald said as he dropped into the splits, completely dodging the jab which had been aimed at his temple. “It is called self-control.”

With his final lesson delivered, Gerwald pulled his fist back and charged it forward with every bit of strength he had. Should his fist connect, Bryn would be singing a new tune at an octave much higher than he knew himself capable of singing.

That was when Gerwald noticed Aelin. She had attempted to break up their fight, and instead she found herself getting hit by the single punch Gerwald had just dodged. He sighed. Several thoughts ran through his mind, the first of which was concern. Gerwald found that he cared for the she-wolf more than he cared to admit, and knowing he had just gotten her hurt bothered him. The second was annoyance. If she knew their culture well enough, she should have known not to get involved.

The fight was over regardless. He would not push any further now that they had been interrupted. It was clear Bryn was not listening, nor would he change his ways. Gerwald’s opinion was formed, and the wolf was convinced Bryn would be the reason the Fayth killed them all.

He stayed quiet as he stood. After he allowed the guilt to subside he looked directly at Aelin to point out the obvious.

“No, Aelin, we are not. If we continue to follow our past ways what you have seen here is exactly who we are.”

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos

Brynjar scoffed at the idea of this being self-control. It was a limitation, Brynjar knew how to control himself and direct his actions, even in this fight with his anger, his actions were controlled and focused on a singular goal. If he was acting as a loose cannon then he wouldn't be upholding the rules and he would be using everything he knew and could be capable of to end the life of Gerwald. However, he was demonstrating restraint and honouring the agreement, something his father would never have done but something that Brynjar decided was important. When he spotted Gerwald sliding down into splits, he lowered his right arm and blocked the attack to his crotch. His instincts and reactions added with the Force foresight that he couldn't help but have be triggered. It was also what saved Aelin. His instincts kicked in and he heavily held back the blow that it did minimal injury to her and cursed loudly.

The duel was over now in his mind and unresolved.

"Wolves fight. For kark sake, everyone fights, its why there death matches and duelling rings. Jumping in the middle of one is dangerous Aelin!" Brynjar growled loudly, frustrated that she felt she had any right to jump in and intervene. This was a matter to settle between himself and Gerwald, intervening just gave Gerwald the belief that he was still correct. Something that was clear when the other Lupo spoke to Aelin. Brynjar created distance between the three of them, then roared into the distance. His anger bubbled from everything, the pressure of his parents, the struggle of having to figure out how to be Anasi and then dealing with people like Gerwald. He was fed up with everything and everyone, no one seemed to want to even understand his stance, his beliefs or the fact he had a point at least in his mind he did.

"You. You could have gotten yourself killed by randomly jumping into fights like," he pointed at Aelin then turned to Gerwald, "and you. You have no understanding the importance of tradition and that we are heading into war, whether you like it or not. The Fayth aren't going to hand our land back to us, we have to fight, kill and take what is ours by force. But I guess you don't get the importance of that since you left and basically became human." Brynjar spat on the ground. "If I have to stand here and fight every Lupo to defend my rights and my traditions then I will, because I will not just stand there and have people look down at me or insult my family like you did." There was fury in Brynjar's eyes as he stared at Gerwald, he had never hated another Lupo as much as he hated Gerwald.

He then looked over to Aelin, "you want us to be better. Yet you think I could ever be on the same side as someone who thinks that our culture, our way of life should be abandoned. I bet the first chance he gets, he would get into the bed with the Fayth rather than fight them." Brynjar was done trying to pleasant or even talk politely, he was going to speak his mind and he was going to make sure they both knew how recent events made him felt. "That piece of chit thinks I am the one that is a danger to our people, but we followed him, he have us abandoned what makes us Lupo and make nice with the Fayth." Brynjar growled darkly, "I kept quiet about the jabs and insults to me and my family till today, we might be extreme but we had to be to survive and we survived. No one has any right to judge me, judge my family because no one understands what we had to go through to survive. What we endured to make sure that our future remained. So I am done, I am done being polite and trying to make nice."

His adrenaline was sky high that he needed to leave, he needed to be alone to express his emotions and release everything at once so his body could calm down. Brynjar stepped out of the ring, he needed to be a wolf again, just go primal and not have to think.

ger-template.png

TAG: Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos | Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

"You refuse to actually listen. That is why I was walking away," Gerwald said quietly before turning around to face the man.

"Twice I told you that you were assuming too much. You have yet to say anything to me that is not an insult. I asked if you wanted to back up your words from the other day, and you decided to step into the ring. If you had no intention of actually moving to action you could have said no. I informed you I would not move until you did. So when you ask me for a decision, which I informed you of before you asked. You accuse me of walking away from a fight, yet I invited you to duel and every opportunity I gave you to engage, you did not. Therefore the duel never began."

Gerwald took one step closer.

"By your own words to me, you have just called yourself a coward. You who says he never backs down from a challenge, when challenged you refused to engage. Not only did you not attack knowing I would walk away because I told you I would, you denied my challenge. I did not walk away because you refuse to do as I wish. I walked away because it is clear you have no interest in actually engaging me. There is only one reason you would do such a thing."

He did not have to say what he was thinking. The wolf simply smirked. Everything he had just spoken was no longer an assumption it was the factual course of events which had just transpired. The only matters to be addressed truly were Bryn's comments about Gerwald leaving.

"Of course I do not know the gods, because I was not raised to know them. I was not raised as a Lupo, or in our traditions, and neither were any of the others here. No one can walk away from a place they have never been before. You expect everyone to follow the traditions of your family, but have you stopped for just one moment to think that if you are the only one following them, that perhaps you were taught wrong? Are you so arrogant to think that there is not another way?"

"The Fayth are coming pup. They are an enemy unlike anything you have faced before, and they will decimate us if they find us now, not because we are weak, not because everyone around you is a coward for not following the ways you deem to be the rights of our people, but because they are unified and rally around one singular focus, destroying us. Our ways demand that we fight each other to determine the Lupo that will lead us. All the Fayth have to do is let us fight each other and kill us when we are tired, and if you think that they will not use our ways as a tool against us then you are a fool."

"We must ADAPT to survive. YOU must adapt to survive. You call me a traitor, that I do not deserve to be called Lupo, but understand this, Varick and I represent what our people must become if we are to defeat the Fayth. We are here to teach, it was why Freya invited us. So when I say that I have trained better than you, I have because it is what I have done my whole life. When I say I know there are those better than you, it is because I have seen them. You can do whatever you want with my words, but if you do not intend to put action to yours then bite your tongue, because if you knew who it was you were speaking to you, if you actually knew our traditions and history, you would not say anything you have just said to my face and expect to live if I honored the old ways."

Gerwald would not explain what he meant by that. Varick did not even know, certainly Aelin did not either. Gerwald wasn't even certain Freya did. There were secrets the wolf kept to himself about his family, who they were, what they were. Their function had changed, and Gerwald did not wish for anyone to see them any differently than they already did. Not even Bryn, because Gerwald already knew he had the upper hand. He had provoked the Lupo to anger, which meant he owned the pup.

"Þú hefur verið veginn og mældur og þú hefur reynst illa haldinn.*"

He turned to Aelin. "I am sorry you had to witness this, and that I caused you to get hurt. I shall take my leave now."

Gerwald turned on his heels and began to walk away. This time he would not return, unless Aelin wished him to stop.​

*"You have been weighed and measured and have been found wanting."

Aelindivider2_1.png
aelin-temp-1.png

Appearance | XoXo
Location | Islimore
Tag | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist , Miera Erevos Miera Erevos

She had stood silent, listening to each of them, unresponsive to their outbursts. A tense hush falling around them before she deigned it necessary to speak.

"Brynjar. You ask for understanding, but do not seek to understand. If your family is above judgment for what your pack has had to do to survive, then shouldn't all wolves be granted the same grace?”

Aelin moved to stand between the two men, these titans of power, laying a hand on Gerwald to still him in his retreat. In this moment they sat on the precipice of multiple paths that could be taken, but in her mind there was only one that was clear. Blood dribbled down her chin, but this time she did not try to clear it away.

"And if Gerwald is no wolf, then what am I? I was stripped of the privilege of growing up knowing our Gods intimately, of having a whole family to learn our traditions from… and yet you chose to help me, to fight with me. Despite our differences."

The air around them was thrumming and the she-wolf did her best to fill it with peace. She would not allow this pain and anger to fester among their ranks.

"And what of Freya? She is Draiodae, mouthpiece of the Gods, who saw fit to bring us all together. Tell me, both of you, what would the Gods say about your refusal to fight with your brother? We each have a part to play. Trust that the Gods are guiding our path.”

Turning slightly, her gaze leveled on Gerwald whose arm she clutched, the right side of her face already starting to yellow from a forming bruise.

"Then there is you, the mighty and pious warrior. Gerwald… are you so far above the rest of us that you can't see past your own nose? We are not mindless mongrels who drink combat like it is life’s nectar. We are more than that. Remove the beam from your eye, and you might see more clearly. "

Determination showed on her face, determination and a calmness that could only be found in the deepest of waters as she surveyed those in her immediate vicinity.

"This is not merely a power struggle of who can be the bigger, badder wolf. Were it so, then we should let the Fayth have Islimore and spare the needless deaths that are already taking place and the ones that are sure to come afterward. This is a battle of future and past. Of hope and despair. We are wolves, all of us. If you cannot see beyond your differences in belief, then see this. Hold to this."

Finally, Aelin wiped the crimson glob, staining her hands that she held out for them to see.

"This blood? It's not mine. It is ours. It is wolf blood, and will always be. This is what is worth fighting for. This is what is worth dying for."

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos | Miera Erevos Miera Erevos

Shaking his head, Gerwald was trying to call him out and Brynjar was not having it. "Vargrrinn at krr fyrir virðingu græðir engi." Brynjar stated in a cold tone, "you stand there and expect me to respect you, to admire you, to apologise for insulting you. Yet you insulted me first, you continue to insult me and you refuse to see past your own ego. Your words are meaningless to me because you need to seriously look in the mirror about the way you treat others before you go around and start demanding that I respect you and respect you forcing your beliefs on me and my people." Brynjar could spend all day countering every word that Gerwald had stated, he also had a nagging feeling that Gerwald was holding back his intentions to take charge of the Lupo, there was a way that he spoke that hinted at that and Brynjar was determined to never allow that to happen.

"Our fight never happened because I did not bounce to your beat. I didn't jump in with a first strike and you refused to do anything but stand there. You gave up because I didn't fight you the way that you wanted me to fight, the way that you expected me to fight. Do I see that as a problem or a victory because you made an assumption about the way I fight, I proved that to be untrue and you gave up. Is that how you would fight the Fayth? Give up if they don't fight the way you want them to?" Brynjar wasn't letting Gerwald pose the duel as Brynjar being a coward when he was thinking tactically, he wasn't allowing Gerwald to control the fight therefore, he didn't leap into action like Gerwald wanted him to. "I gave you every chance to strike me and back up your verbal attacks on me and I found your skills lacking."

Brynjar then looked at Aelin, "Is that truly how you think I am?" There was hurt and disappointment in her words to him. "I have never insulted, talked down or belittled any other Lupo. Think about that. Think why I can be nice and accept every Lupo, but this one." He jabbed a finger at Gerwald. "I say he isn't a Lupo not because he doesn't know our ways, but because he refuses to learn them, to accept that we have our own way to survive, to fight and to live. We don't need to adopt human ways, we don't need to abandon our ways to beat the Fayth and live. We survived the past 200 years after the genocide of our people, that proves we are strong and that we are survivors. Why should I listen to someone that thinks my lifestyle is savage and will kill us all when it is what kept my family alive?"

"I haven't force my traditions or way of life on anyone, I just expect it to be respected and not to hear insults or be told that it will doom our people to extinction when that person has no understanding of it and refuses to see it as something to consider and in fact respect." It wasn't that Brynjar believed his family were perfect, far from it, it was dealing with people looking down at him or believing him to be rude when he was blunt or expressing himself honestly. "I fought with you because you go around calling me pup when we are similar ages, telling me that my traditions will doom our people to extinction and that I am the worst person you have ever met. We have differences and perhaps all our views don't match, but him, he goes out of his way to try tearing me down and I refuse to stand there and take it."

Brynjar turn around and made his way into the forest. He needed to get away, he was too hurt from all this and it was a struggle to remain calm.

Translation: The wolf that cries for respect earns none.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom